Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I thought this first episode was kinda interesting. OP song has an unique vibe to it while the show itself has an atmospheric feel.

Character designs has some distinguishable outlines.

The episode itself seems pretty simple with the premise. We got the introduction of the main characters. Music is nice, really liked the light instrumental OST used in this. Akane is a pretty typical female character you'll find in these type of shows although she also has a love for running. Kotarou is the book guy as he enjoys reading.

Really curious to learn more about these characters as more episodes are aired. For now, I think the show has potential.
Apr 6, 2017 8:28 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am having hope in this animation. Lets see what happens in the next episode the music so far is nice and the pacing was good

Apr 6, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
This was cute.
That pretty much the only way i can describe it, a couple slowly falling in love with each other.
Still it looks like they still have a way to go before they become a couple.
Apr 6, 2017 9:33 AM
May 2015
where did you guys watch ep 1?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 10:05 AM

Jul 2012
I love that the main girl and the main boy are actually pretty ordinary, no extravagant character design or anything.
NO PARENTS! DON'T DO THAT! BAD PARENTS BAD D: Dude, this is a nightmare for a teenager, oh, the good old times (not).
The art style is different, but pretty.
My cute and soothing anime of the season, I guess (with doses of teen angst prolly)

Apr 6, 2017 10:06 AM
Jul 2016
remindes me of flying witch, nothing realy happens but its cute and happy, good slice of life with romance for now. lets just hope it wont get boring
Apr 6, 2017 10:24 AM

Sep 2015
Well I didn't find it very interesting, usually romance/school does not bother me but that was pretty "classic"
I hope it will get better and I hope the male character won't be this boring h24
Apr 6, 2017 10:24 AM

Dec 2014
Very nice start, art style and atmosphere are really pleasant.

I love our protagonists so far, they are both kinda shy kids so watching them interact is really cute. I probably relate to them a bit especially with the way Kotarou minds his own business and Akane just observes things going on. I really hope this is a pure romance/ slice of life. It'd fit this setting really well.

Oh God, that restaurant scene. XD The embarrassment, I totally get that, I really do. XDD

The part with them exchanging info and messaging on their phones was really sweet.

It's kinda weird, this series makes me nostalgic about my middle and high school years. Looking forward to more.
Apr 6, 2017 10:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Been a long time since there was a pure school/romance series that I really liked and this is looking like it'll fill that void quite nicely

Really enjoyed this from start to finish and I like our two MC's so far so with this being an original, I'm hoping that Feel will do a great job developing their relationship with each other and those around them

That restaurant scene was HILARIOUS btw xDDD And how cool is it that the male MC is a Dazai fan (God damn, Bungou Stray Dogs turned me into a Dazai fan too even though its not actually the IRL version xD)
Apr 6, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
It is quite slow paced but the good slow

this is definitely going to be a cute romance to watch
Apr 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
Decent first episode. Nothing too impressive. The restaurant scene was funny. That was embarrassing. The characters are nice. Akane likes to run and Kotarou likes reading. Both are equally awkward. The CG crowd is off-putting.
Apr 6, 2017 10:57 AM

Jun 2011
Cute and enjoyable. It's only a shame so much ugly CGI was used.
Apr 6, 2017 11:01 AM
Aug 2016
a heart warming episode, a nice pure school romance. I feel that i'm going to love this. I love to see this slow pace story, as it may bring us a great character development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
Like it, more becuse of how it remind me about myself when you was 13 years old and a idiot, And you parents made a fool out of you so you would want to die in a corner.
Apr 6, 2017 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
Aww that was really sweet!
I like it a lot

Nov 2015
The characters are cute, the art was nice but didn't like the CGI animation.

Aug 2013
Awesome background art. As expected by Feel. CG people were ugly tho.. Animation was a bit wooden too... It looks like fully rotoscoped 3DCG :/ some scenes were painful to watch.
Great atmosphere. I'm looking forward for seeing more, but with art like this... I don't think that I will like it.

Lyree said:
. It's only a shame so much ugly CGI was used.

I'm getting worried about YU-NO adaptation now :/
rsc-plApr 6, 2017 11:37 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 6, 2017 11:23 AM

May 2015
Really soft touch to the tone, but did anyone else sense the melancholy tone to everything. Leads me to believe there will be a heavy drama edge to this down the road. I really enjoyed the subtle and "quietness" of this episode though.
Apr 6, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2008
That was....legitimately painful to get through. Had to increase the playback speed just to get to the end of the ep. Plus the terrible CG that kept showing up randomly was really off putting alongside the 'ok but not great' animation of the characters. (The backgrounds look great though!)
So yeah, I probably won't bother watching any more since it's not my taste.
Apr 6, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
hmm melancholy series.... Kinda liking it so far.....
Apr 6, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
This was legitimately great. It has everything you'd want fromm a coming of age romance. Hopefully it stays innocent.
Apr 6, 2017 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Why is the rating starting in so low/average? It was really cute in my opnion, fucking mal RE:ZERO's rating is 8.58 and this got 7.18?!

It's one of the chillest romance animes for this season.

8.5/10 great episode
Apr 6, 2017 11:58 AM

Oct 2012
Super cute and relaxing. I really like the painted looking backgrounds.
Apr 6, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
JumBoRGiNo said:
Why is the rating starting in so low/average? It was really cute in my opnion, fucking mal RE:ZERO's rating is 8.58 and this got 7.18?!

8.5/10 great episode

-the cg is more than ugly.
-characters so shy its annoying.
-very slow.
-overall boring but not chill because the character are so tense.

6,5/10
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 6, 2017 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
A slice of life anime that has characters that don't act like typical anime archetypes and speak like normal people? I wonder if they're trying to "reach a wider audience" with this, seeing the success of Kimi no Na wa, because I'm getting a similar vibe from this show.

Apr 6, 2017 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Galaxy__ said:
JumBoRGiNo said:

8.5/10 great episode

-very slow.

6,5/10

ah I guess you're the "Angel Beats!" type of guy, everything goes so fast nothing is understandable in the plot from the beginning and every character has to be screaming like PewDiePie 2012 or talk really fast. I agree on the cg though, but it isn't worse than Ajin's or Berzerk's (2016) so i'l give them props for that.
Apr 6, 2017 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
JumBoRGiNo said:
Galaxy__ said:

-very slow.

6,5/10

ah I guess you're the "Angel Beats!" type of guy, everything goes so fast nothing is understandable in the plot from the beginning and every character has to be screaming like PewDiePie 2012 or talk really fast. I agree on the cg though, but it isn't worse than Ajin's or Berzerk's (2016) so i'l give them props for that.

angel beats ? i didnt like that anime very much. most of my favourites are slower paced and mostly calm/more quiet anime. but tbh after looking at your list i slowly start to understand what is going on here.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 6, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
Aaah that relaxing to see a true romance story with 100% Japanese narrative.
Great references to Osamu Dazai and Happy End.
You can see that their references are local cultural, rather than simple copies of generic manga.
Apr 6, 2017 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
Galaxy__ said:
JumBoRGiNo said:

angel beats ? i didnt like that anime very much. most of my favourites are slower paced and mostly calm/more quiet anime.

well you did give it a 7, a "good" rating.

And just to clarify a 7/10 for a first episode anime is very rare for it to go any higher, usually animes go down in the rating only so it's probably gonna be a 6 in no time.

Apr 6, 2017 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
JumBoRGiNo said:
Galaxy__ said:

angel beats ? i didnt like that anime very much. most of my favourites are slower paced and mostly calm/more quiet anime.

And just to clarify a 7/10 for a first episode anime is very rare for it to go any higher, usually animes go down in the rating only so it's probably gonna be a 6 in no time.

7 is average for me. i didnt regret watching it. even so it wasnt great by any means it also wasnt awfully bad.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 6, 2017 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Galaxy__ said:
JumBoRGiNo said:

7 is average for me. i didnt regret watching it. even so it wasnt great by any means it also wasnt awfully bad.

yup a 7 is average for me on MAL too :p I just thought it was just unbearably horrible didn't make me cry or want more and I almost dropped twice, still regret not dropping it on episode 3. Kinda weird though, one of your all time favorites is "Flying Witch" but you don't like this anime, because they're both really chill and slow except this is with romance.
Apr 6, 2017 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
Sequels aside, this was the best episode this season so far. There wasn't anything I disliked, except the CGI.

JumBoRGiNo said:

8.5/10 great episode

I also think that the average score is too low, but on the other hand this episode wasn't really eventful. Not everyone likes this kind of story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
sakamoto-kun said:
Sequels aside, this was the best episode this season so far. There wasn't anything I disliked, except the CGI.

JumBoRGiNo said:

8.5/10 great episode

I also think that the average score is too low, but on the other hand this episode wasn't really eventful. Not everyone likes this kind of story.

Yeah, I know, I know, it just really pisses me off that shit overrated shows (RE:ZERO,SAO, Fairy Tail etc...) have a higher rating compared to ones that deserve more like this one, a rating is based on lots of mixed opinions after all.
Apr 6, 2017 12:37 PM
Feb 2017
I love the ED Song!

Beautiful! (10/10)
Working on the future things.

Apr 6, 2017 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
This was actually pretty nice to watch. Really liked the calming atmosphere and the characters in all honesty. And Akane and Kotarou's blushing are pretty cute as well.

I think my only issue with this episode or the series, so far has to do with the CGI. Like I don't mind CGI but the problem is that they do not blend well at the slightest amount. It just looks weird. The very least I give credit for trying but... it's just weird. But everything else is pretty good at this stance for this series.

Hopefully this director can handle this very well since it's pretty promising and rather nice to watch for calms.
Apr 6, 2017 12:43 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I think that it's easy to see that at least the guy is socially awkward. He doesn't approach anyone but feels happy when people come to him, he is a book lover and he is very visibly flustered just by looking at at somewhat more revealing material.

Not sure about the girl yet. She likes him for sure, she has a very hard time without releasing stress. I think, that's somewhat on the normal side.

I'm very interested to see where this goes, can easily go into deeper territory than just a fluffy romance.

Very mellow.
Apr 6, 2017 12:44 PM

Mar 2017
The first episode was pretty cute and the pacing was good.
The only thing that was really off putting was the CGI, and I gotta admit that I laughed a little at the way the main characters seemed to primarily communicate through breathing, sighing, and gasping.
Apr 6, 2017 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
JumBoRGiNo said:
sakamoto-kun said:

Yeah, I know, I know, it just really pisses me off that shit overrated shows (RE:ZERO,SAO, Fairy Tail etc...) have a higher rating compared to ones that deserve more like this one, a rating is based on lots of mixed opinions after all.

Don't let it bother you, as long as you enjoy it everything is fine. Ratings based on the first episode alone aren't really credible anyway.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2017 12:54 PM
Sep 2016
sakamoto-kun said:
JumBoRGiNo said:

Don't let it bother you, as long as you enjoy it everything is fine. Ratings based on the first episode alone aren't really credible anyway.

I think original anime tend to have low average score at least at the start.
Apr 6, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
ashiya121 said:
sakamoto-kun said:

I think original anime tend to have low average score at least at the start.

It can't be helped, no fanboys no high score.

Apr 6, 2017 1:10 PM

Dec 2016
One word to describe this show: LINE
Apr 6, 2017 1:13 PM
May 2015
cool if not boring first ep. This is my most anticipated anime of the season so i really hope it can be interesting. tons of potential dpepending on the direction they want to take it.

this is extremely shinkai inspired in terms of the visual. I'm surprised the staff people listed on MAL don't have a bunch of shinkai ties.

also those CGI background characters were awful looking and unnecessary.
Apr 6, 2017 1:14 PM

Apr 2017
Very enjoyable first episode, very cute, good first impression on the characters too. It was one of my most anticipated anime for this season. Looking forward to more of it.
Apr 6, 2017 1:14 PM
May 2015
remiska said:
remindes me of flying witch, nothing realy happens but its cute and happy, good slice of life with romance for now. lets just hope it wont get boring
flying witch was hilarious and had no romance. dont see the comparison other than slow pacing and a light tone.
Apr 6, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2016
This was so exceedingly boring, it feels like Seiren from Winter 2017, all over again. Not only is the girl incredibly shy, anxious, and unremarkable, but the male lead is (again!) a useless wimp with nothing good about him that we should care for.

You know, I often see anime shows with strong female leads, like Hanasaku Iroha, Shirobako, or - airing right now - Sakura Quest. And everytime I see and appreciate these chars, I wonder: why do we almost never get male MCs which are equally cool or dynamic, in SoL and romance shows? The closest I can think of is Ryuji Takasu from Toradora (who may have a lot of flaws but is not useless in the slightest, and actually does something from the very beginning)... but otherwise, the scenery is very bleak and repetitive. Everytime you get a romance/SoL anime, the male lead ends up being a useless wimp who has zero remarkable qualities to make the audience care for him.

I guess I'll give this a couple more episodes to impress me, otherwise I'll drop it. Frankly, whether these two kids get together, stay alone, or fall off a cliff, I could not care the least atm.
Apr 6, 2017 1:23 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was a pretty nice first episode. OP was pretty meh, but the ED was beautiful tho.
I'll keep watching.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 6, 2017 1:30 PM

Oct 2012
Cute, enjoyable but too much Line.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Apr 6, 2017 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
JumBoRGiNo said:

lol idk why you're using Re Zero as an example for comparing scores. Re Zero deserves to be that high because it's a great show

OT

Cute show with a unique looking design to it. The CGI background characters really stood out, they should have just hand drew them with just no faces or something, would have been better tbh

Music is beautiful, definitely looking forward to more.
Apr 6, 2017 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
JumBoRGiNo said:
Galaxy__ said:

yup a 7 is average for me on MAL too :p I just thought it was just unbearably horrible didn't make me cry or want more and I almost dropped twice, still regret not dropping it on episode 3. Kinda weird though, one of your all time favorites is "Flying Witch" but you don't like this anime, because they're both really chill and slow except this is with romance.

nope Tsuki ga Kirei wasnt chill at all for me. because both main characters are so overly shy and awkward in their interactions, it made the whole atmosphere tense and hard to watch for me. this makes the characters also less likeable. maybe its because im not shy at all in rl and dont get this stuff, idk. but its not even close to be compareable to the fantastic light, calm and relaxing atmosphere of flying witch.
additionaly to that comes the cgi which also doesnt let me chill because it just throws me off everytime i see it. on the other side is flying witch with its wonderful soft colours and the soothing backrounds and surroundings
Galaxy__Apr 6, 2017 1:53 PM
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 6, 2017 1:53 PM
Sep 2016
[quote=Zarator message=50252091]This was so exceedingly boring, it feels like Seiren from Winter 2017, all over again. Not only is the girl incredibly shy, anxious, and unremarkable, but the male lead is (again!) a useless wimp with nothing good about him that we should care for.

You know, I often see anime shows with strong female leads, like Hanasaku Iroha, Shirobako, or - airing right now - Sakura Quest. And everytime I see and appreciate these chars, I wonder: why do we almost never get male MCs which are equally cool or dynamic, in SoL and romance shows? The closest I can think of is Ryuji Takasu from Toradora (who may have a lot of flaws but is not useless in the slightest, and actually does something from the very beginning)... but otherwise, the scenery is very bleak and repetitive. Everytime you get a romance/SoL anime, the male lead ends up being a useless wimp who has zero remarkable qualities to make the audience care for him.

I guess I'll give this a couple more episodes to impress me, otherwise I'll drop it. Frankly, whether these two kids get together, stay alone, or fall off a cliff, I could not care the least atm.[/quote

Starnge...all the shows that you mentioned are from the same studio (P.A. Works). Maybe because you love that studio and not because of strong female lead...

Anyways how you say the male character is useless wimp? There was no event shows that at least yet.
If he for example introduced himself and it went completly wrong in front of his classmates I would say yes but there was nothing like that...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

178 by Sarthak7985 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.