Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 5, 2017 5:36 PM
Oct 2012
9jaotaku3S said:
One more addition, the town seemed a bit too quiet, and the shops boarded up. And a good number of the town's residents are old. Subtle commetary on Japan's demographic crisis perhaps?

Not demographic (that is another issue) - but rural depopulation. No one wants to live in the country anymore so they all move to the city. Been happening in most rural areas since the 50s.

The great reference is that back in the early 90s the Takeshita government gave every rural town in Japan around 1M dollars to spend on something to revitalize the town. There were SO many of these "white elephants" built: art museums, towers, symphony halls, "civic centers" and so forth all rising from the rice paddies that such up a lot of maintenance costs.
Apr 5, 2017 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:
Pretty nice start. I really like the atmosphere.

Also,
>my little Yoshino
>Yoshi
>kick things off
>pin up girl
>寒い/samui is now "wow", wow.
And other shit
Translator/editor-kun pls kys.

Sasuga Crunchyroll.
Apr 5, 2017 5:53 PM

Nov 2011
That was fun and more amusing than I thought it would be. The bus scene and the run-in with the local monster were the comedic highlights, but there were little bits of amusement strewn throughout the episode.

The story seems to be dealing with a pretty serious problem too, the rural depopulation, which I like.

This is promising.
Apr 5, 2017 6:16 PM

Jul 2014
Ha I really liked this first episode.

The chupacabra scene was hilarious.

Yoshino <3

Apr 5, 2017 6:23 PM

Aug 2016
So far so good. Love the character designs, especially the main girl. Also, the lute dude in the bus caught me off guard. Actually laughed out loud, which I don't do often while watching anime.

Expecting this to be great.
Apr 5, 2017 6:33 PM
Mar 2016
It looks promising ... This is one of my pick and i think they doing it right for 1st episode. I love the atmosphere in this anime.
Apr 5, 2017 6:39 PM

Apr 2016
Well, I had high expectations, and they were met. That was excellent. Characters felt real and everything hit the right notes. Can't wait to see more of it.
Apr 5, 2017 6:58 PM

Nov 2016
"Is this another one of your idiotic plans, you old ass?"
"Shut up, hag."
xD best part

Pretty good. This kind of anime is needed to relax yourself from those hyped anime series this season. And also, Anzai Chika is voicing one of the main girls (the manager we met at the dorm). I'm in love with her voice as Hanabi <3
Apr 5, 2017 7:16 PM
Oct 2012
[quote=KatanaBR message=50240330]>pin up girl]/quote]

That's actually keeping with the general outdatedness of the guy. Pin up girls were 20-40 years ago, so it reflects how he was talking about an OLD idol.

KatanaBR said:
寒い/samui is now "wow", wow.

Samui when used about a bad joke could be a deadpanned "wow", though "lame" would be better.
Apr 5, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2011
This was surprisingly nice. The main girl isn't loveable, but that's what character development for (I do like her tho). The music is nicely done, and the comedy is silly, but I like it.
Apr 5, 2017 8:01 PM

Feb 2013
This looks like it's going to be a really fun anime. Pretty excited.
Apr 5, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2015
I absolutely l;over this first episode. For people unfamiliar with P.A. Works' other working anime (Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako - both of which are two of my favorites), it might seem a little boring, which is understandable. Shirobako took me a couple episodes to get into. Anyways, this first episode flew by for me, it was so much fun and extremely enjoyable to watch. The three working anime that P.A Works have created all seem to have a common thread of having a very determined young woman be the lead. I enjoy seeing that so much; its so refreshing with all the generic crap we get these days. This series has a ton of potential, and I'm so excited for next week's episode.

5/5, Super enjoyable. I love you P.A. Works.

Fuck Mayoiga though. We don't talk about that.
FranklyNerdyApr 5, 2017 8:29 PM
Apr 5, 2017 8:19 PM

Jan 2014
The season of the likable old men, or the better than the main character. Good first episode, now we wait for more.
Actually wasn't expecting it to be decent.
Apr 5, 2017 8:35 PM

Jun 2015
Makuro said:
i really like the character design as well as animation. the concept is a little bit lacking some of information but we have yet to watch the upcoming episodes so we'll see.

is shirobako a good anime like this?

YES. YES, YES, YES. In my opinion, it's a must watch for anybody who is interested in anime (it's even better if you know a lot about anime in general and the industry too - for example there are appearances of literal famous anime directors in the show). It's literally an anime about making anime, and it's fantastically directed, written, and made. The first couple episodes may feel a bit slow (depends on the person though), but it is so worth it. Episode 23 of Shirobako is one of the best episodes of anime I have watched. It's just so great. I might seem like I'm weebing out about it, but it's a damn good anime that is amazingly made. I can't recommend it enough.
Apr 5, 2017 9:20 PM

Jun 2013
Oh jeez, P.A. Works shows make me nervous. I got Nagi and Shirobako in my favorites, but ever since Glasslip I get real jittery whenever they come out with a new show.

The Kingdom of the Chupacabra thing had me going, "the fuck?", but so far so good. It's charming, at the very least.
Apr 5, 2017 9:32 PM

Jan 2011
ah i been looking forward to this!,not the most eventful first episode but it's very much a another PA works in a working environment which is fine by me i need something like Shirobako in my life

plot very much feels like Amagi Brilliant Park but rejuvenating a town

looking forward to seeing how it progress
plus look at all dem cute girls man
Apr 5, 2017 9:43 PM

Feb 2014
This is like Shirobako with the small town setting of Hanasaku Iroha. Hell, Koharu even looks and acts a bit like Miyamori from an alternate timeline. Not that I'm complaining, far from it. This show already looks quite promising. I just hope it will get a full season with 26 episodes and not just one cour.
Apr 5, 2017 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
Great subs
So I just finished Sakura Quest....
Wow, this girl first don't give a shet about the contract,
Then she's stubborn and self-centered pushing her own problems onto all her surroundings.
Why would they send her expenses allowance if it was just for a single day.
Moral of the story: read your contracts.
Apr 5, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2009
Decent start, actually, but it's no Shirobako.
Apr 5, 2017 10:14 PM

Oct 2010
One day at P.A.Works office:
- What if Miyamori never found her anime industry job and was bound to save Amagi Brilliant Park instead?
- Sounds interesting. But let's use some no-name band for OST to cut production costs.
Apr 5, 2017 10:16 PM

Oct 2012
I feel like I'm in the minority in that I found the first episode to be a bit of a bore. Still I'm interesting to see where this is going and can appreciate the production quality.
Apr 5, 2017 10:37 PM

May 2016
Nice anime . It's a good start <3
Apr 5, 2017 10:44 PM

May 2010
Detailed scene except a missing lighting post. I'm surprise it already revealed that she's been there before, I guess it won't be generic...
Apr 5, 2017 11:22 PM
Dec 2016
I'm kinda glad I wasn't the only one getting those Amagi Brilliant Park vibes from this show. Maybe it's the "save the town/park in a given time frame" scenario.

On a deeper, more personal note, I remember applying for a buttload of jobs after college only to get rejection-after-rejection until I finally took the first job without really reading the contract... Also, the life in a town in the middle of nowhere and everything that entails. I've got a good feeling about this show, so I hope it pans out in the coming weeks. Could definitely do with a break from the typical high-school aged casts I see in most of the anime series I watch.

Is it me or does Shiori, the other twenty-something girl introduced so far, look like an older Ui from K-on? It's probably the hair.
Apr 5, 2017 11:30 PM

Dec 2016
Well it wasn't quite what I was expecting but it was pretty decent. Main girl is cute as hell so i will gladly continue watching
Apr 5, 2017 11:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nothing exciting ofc, but that's what I love about PA Works haha. They do slice of life so well, the episode was light and enjoyable. I also appreciate how they love the inaka, reminds me that NagiAsu also incorporated rural depopulation. It's sad, but I think it's understandable how a lot of young people think the same way as Yoshino, wanting to get out of the countryside and into the city. Honestly I wasn't that interested from the PV, but now I'm looking forward to see Yoshino working with the town to revitalize the town!
Apr 5, 2017 11:40 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing first episode.
Thos photos at the end omg
Apr 6, 2017 12:04 AM

Feb 2016
this atmosphere....it reminds me with Hanasuka Iroha + Shirobako
Apr 6, 2017 12:12 AM

Jun 2013
super cute main character girl, and p.a. works bringing the quality as usual. Strange but I really dig it
Apr 6, 2017 12:29 AM

Sep 2013
Makuro said:
i really like the character design as well as animation. the concept is a little bit lacking some of information but we have yet to watch the upcoming episodes so we'll see.

is shirobako a good anime like this?

yes it is. If I judge from the 1st episode shirobako is better. But who know Sakura quest later episode can get better
Apr 6, 2017 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
3/5

Much better than I expected and like what was stated above, I too am getting Amagi Brilliant Park vibes. The real difference is except of magical creatures, we get a lot of really old men...I would say the park and city setting between the two is different, but what I've seen thus far, the Amagi park is a lot bigger than that city. I actually had a good laugh at the final quarter of the episode. The way she reacted in the bus and the green monster was great.

The girls in this are really hot in my opinion especially Shiori. I really like the opening video and song as well. It's very catchy and cute. I like this episode and my only real complaint is how slow it felt in the first half. It could be because I'm exhausted but it felt like it took forever for her to get to the tourist town.

TehSnawnApr 6, 2017 12:45 AM

Apr 6, 2017 1:23 AM

May 2010
i pass. the episode in itself was good but this kind of setting and premise are just so daaaamn boring to me.
Apr 6, 2017 1:27 AM

Dec 2014
That was surprisingly nice.
I was afraid it was going to be something too similar to Shirobako, but it looks pretty different. Very excited for more, hopefully P.A. works delivers!

"Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard."
Apr 6, 2017 1:28 AM

Nov 2013
That was a quite good start. I like the feeling of this anime.

She should have read the contract.

The part with the "monster" was funny. Looks like, that they mixed the Chupacabra with Excalibur. The moment he made hsss, I thought: Lizardmen confirmed. Well, he kind of deserved the bag in the face.

This can make me forget a certain other anime.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 6, 2017 2:00 AM

May 2016
Sweet show. Love the OP and Ending! Definitely have the potential to go further
Apr 6, 2017 3:26 AM

Apr 2016
Ok episode.

I will watch but I fear it won't be as good as Shirobako. I hope the other characters and their interactions will be compelling.
Apr 6, 2017 3:52 AM

Oct 2014
That was decent.

Unlike most people in this thread, I don't laugh at the Chupacabra scene.
But the warm vibe is already well-settled, and the setting and current condition of each character can bring a lot of possibilities to how this series will go in the future.

But the best thing for me in this ep is: Koharu's VA is so bae. <3
I can't believe she can copy Itou Kanae's goddess voice to almost perfection.
Koharu herself maybe just a brat, but her voice makes her pretty bearable to me.
Apr 6, 2017 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
Ohh.. this is really good.
Yoshino character remind me of Miyamori from Shirobako.
The scene of the old man with green costume is really funny, and Yoshino with her coolness, took steps forward and beat the old man XD.
Well the last scene made me glad, Yoshino now has the reason to work in that place.
Btw nice Opening and first episode.
Apr 6, 2017 5:03 AM

Dec 2015
It was fine as a first episode, with the exception of the chupacabra stunt. By the way, how did the tourism office come up with the idea of importing this creature when you have so many jap.alternatives ? XD

The drawings are all really nice (apart from the pictures face-to-camera). Though, watching a young japanese adult going to professional interviews with pink hairs is pretty disturbing for a non-fantasy show.

3/5 I hope this revitalization story doesn't end up as yet another noseless girls/women doing aimless things.
Apr 6, 2017 5:08 AM

Nov 2010
Ok, i was surprised. didn't expect much since last works by this studio wasn't really my cup of tea. (except Nagi no Asukara) this was actually pretty good, i enjoyed it very much.

One of my favorite starts of this season.
Apr 6, 2017 6:18 AM
Apr 2016
Koharu in first episode is literally what Miyamori Aoi from Shirobako would be doing had she failed to get into anime production job...
Apr 6, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2015
I remembered the name of this anime but forgot what it was about. Anime looks pretty nice, characters are cute, was pretty entertaining, opening and ending were nice, and story seems pretty good so far. I look forward to seeing more of this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 6, 2017 6:24 AM

May 2015
This was pretty boring, but the show will be heralded because it's Shirobakka 2.0; tourism edition....

At least I got a good laugh out of the old guy getting the haymaker.
Apr 6, 2017 6:25 AM

Jan 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Soo Joukamachi no Dandelion meets Amagi Brilliant Park? Kinda?

Not totally won over by it yet but it was decent at least

yeah, this anime makes we remember various others. For me, seems Kuma Miko meets Amagi Briillant Park.
Apr 6, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2014
I was expecting the first episode to be pretty good, since P.A Works previous track record with the "working" style shows like Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako are really good.

Thankfully, Sakura Quest has gotten off to a good start. =)

Poor Yoshino has it tough as she's hugely unsuccessful in landing any sort of jib in Tokyo. Luckily for her, she did land one in the countryside, much to her dismay at first.

The cast based at the town are amusing to say at least. The old man's response to the confection store lady was funny though. XD

Same with the scene of the wierdo at the back of the bus that Yoshino got on. I would've back off slowly like she did after what he said to her as well. =/

Still, it is a promising start nonetheless. Nice visuals and animation from P.A Works as usual, along with a charming OP and ED songs, this could be a sleeper hit for the spring season.

Even though P.A Works second title for this season, The Eccentric Family 2, starts very soon, I'm hoping Sakura Quest is a 2-cour show. =)
Apr 6, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
This anime could easily be a J Dorama. In fact I'm pretty sure I watch a j dorama with similar story before.

It may not be flashy but it's the kind of anime that you'd watch after a hectic week full of action anime.
Apr 6, 2017 8:32 AM

Jul 2016
Looks promising and I really like the atmosphere. Job well done PA works. Nice chose of OP and ED, I like the beat. Nice voice acting. Adorable loli at best. One of the shows I will really looking forward to.
Apr 6, 2017 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
it was ok I think?
I'm looking forward to how she gonna rebuild the town in the next episodes

and the sub was terrible lmao
Apr 6, 2017 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
That was amazing!! No idea why it's only got 53% 5/5, because I truly loved it, a very strong first episode. Already we have a good sense of the characters and what fun things are likely to happen. That guy sitting at the back of the coach was hilarious just with that one line XD Can't wait to see more!!
Apr 6, 2017 11:15 AM

Apr 2016
Nice start, the monster scene was pretty hilarious, so i am looking forward to get more laughs out of this show. (o.o)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

61 by Rakabat »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

181 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

70 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

47 by toralbabs »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

54 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.