Forum Settings
Forums

Am i the only one who hates to watch Anime with someone besides me?

New
Mar 11, 2017 4:14 AM

Apr 2016
Not because i am ashamed and all but when someone talks and i am trying to concentrate it pisses me off, that is why i go into a room by myself and lock the door.

Idk why but i like to watch every second of that Anime and every detail, so background noises puts me off. I think this has something to do with my OCD.

And yes i am diagnosed with OCD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2017 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
No you are not the only one, when ever someone walks in I always plause and wait for them to get out so I can have my piece and quiet back.
Mar 11, 2017 4:22 AM

Feb 2016
I've watched attack on Titan for the first time with my mother and siblings on TV and I think this didn't make me enjoy the anime like when watching alone on laptop unfortunately
Mar 11, 2017 4:23 AM

May 2015
No, you are not. I prefer to watch it alone and in silence as well but I don't mind too much if there's someone else or we are even having a short conversation unrelated to the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2017 4:24 AM

Mar 2011
I'm pretty obsessed with with anime, I even turn off my phone sometimes when I really don't want to be disturbed ^^
Mar 11, 2017 4:40 AM

Feb 2017
The only people I don't mind watching anime with are my sister and my boyfriend because I know they aren't going to talk through it. Anyone else I know gets on my nerves because they either talk constantly about something completely irrelevant or ask too many questions that could be answered if they payed attention.
Mar 11, 2017 4:44 AM

Jul 2013
Super_Turtles said:
No you are not the only one, when ever someone walks in I always plause and wait for them to get out so I can have my piece and quiet back.

Same. This applies to anime/movies that I want to enjoy for the first time. Doesn't really have any problem with it if I'm just re-watching them for fun.

Mar 11, 2017 4:44 AM

Feb 2016
Depends on the episode/scene really

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 11, 2017 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
I watch anime alone all the time
I feel awkward watching sad scenes with someone , ecchi scenes are more embarrassing
Mar 11, 2017 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
I don't hate it, but i also don't want to do it all the time
Mar 11, 2017 4:58 AM

Mar 2015
I'm like that too so don't worry. I watch anime alone all the time as well. I don't like having my visual/auditory senses on anything irrelevant else I'd just lose focus and end up getting lost/confused.

Even if the future awaiting me is so bright that it's blinding,
If I'm to face it alone, there's no real meaning in it.. ♫♫

Mar 11, 2017 5:03 AM

Oct 2016
RobinVPersie said:
Not because i am ashamed and all but when someone talks and i am trying to concentrate it pisses me off, that is why i go into a room by myself and lock the door.

Idk why but i like to watch every second of that Anime and every detail, so background noises puts me off. I think this has something to do with my OCD.

You are definitely not the only one. I also watch anime alone in my room and pause the laptop whenever someone enters no matter what the scene or episode is playing. I also watch anime in night when there is no disturbance because I hate to stop an episode in middle and in the day time my mother or big sister will continue calling me for some chores to do. Night time is the best time.
Mar 11, 2017 5:05 AM
Feb 2013
Depends what i'm watching. If it's just a goofy comedy then I don't mind but if it's some serious plot driven stuff then I would like to be alone. I have poor concentration as it is and small noises can make me lose track of a scene.
Mar 11, 2017 5:08 AM

Apr 2016
Animelia99 said:
RobinVPersie said:

I also watch anime in night when there is no disturbance because I hate to stop an episode in middle and in the day time my mother or big sister will continue calling me for some chores to do. Night time is the best time.

Lol same, during the day my brother blast music, so i just wait at night when its quiet.
Mar 11, 2017 5:12 AM

Oct 2016
RobinVPersie said:
Animelia99 said:
I also watch anime in night when there is no disturbance because I hate to stop an episode in middle and in the day time my mother or big sister will continue calling me for some chores to do. Night time is the best time.

Lol same, during the day my brother blast music, so i just wait at night when its quiet.

About the music part, that happens to be one of the most frequent cause for me to fight with my big sister. Family matters aside , I never really got the feel of watching anime in day time.
Mar 11, 2017 5:12 AM

Sep 2012
I don't mind that. Actually I like to watch anime with someone.
Mar 11, 2017 5:29 AM

Feb 2016
cWarriorM said:
I'm pretty obsessed with with anime, I even turn off my phone sometimes when I really don't want to be disturbed ^^

i Couldn't have said it better
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Mar 11, 2017 5:34 AM

Mar 2017
No your not, I prefer to watch anime alone, when I do watch anime alone I have a habit of thinking out loud or fanboying out loud when something cool/cute happens,
and I can't do that with others around for obvious reason
You've got no moe~
Mar 11, 2017 5:37 AM

Feb 2010
Are we talking about watching together with someone or are we talking about random people being being in the vicinity, being loud and disturbing me while I watch? The thread title says one thing, but all the posts seem to talk about people randomly coming into your room or blasting music next to you. Nobody wants the latter, but if someone is actually watching with me I'd expect them to be quiet and concentrating as well so I don't see the problem.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 11, 2017 11:48 AM

Dec 2016
I'm also the same. Although I have to admit I simply can't concentrate properly on the anime I'm watching unless I'm alone, even if the other person stays silent throughout the whole thing. But thinking about it now, I guess it has to do with the fact that when I'm watching a show I really like, I often pause and just think about whatever just happened. It sounds weird, but I treat it like wine tasting, I love to "feel" (think through) every action and detail and to understand the characters on a deeper level. But to be honest, I think this whole thing also has to do with the fact that I, too, have OCD, haha.
So just in case you've been feeling weird just for wanting to watch a show in silence, rest assured, I've got your back. I'll be the weird one :)
Mar 11, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
RobinVPersie said:

Only if I watch a episode/anime I haven't watched but I don't mind if I have watched the episode and the person perhaps wanna join me and watch it :3

Well some people can't help it to ask what's gonna happen instead of following lol :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Mar 11, 2017 11:51 AM

Dec 2016
I hate it as well because if someone is beside me then I can't wank off in peace

What's the difference?
Mar 11, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
To be honest, not even gonna lie, I missed this kind of thread... xD
Mar 11, 2017 12:05 PM

Oct 2015
for me it depends on the anime and who i'm watching it with, i've watched more than a few anime with one of my sisters but i wouldn't want to watch anime with my other sister, also it depends on the type of anime, there's anime that i want to focus on, so i'd prefer to watch it alone then there's anime that's more fun to watch with somebody else.
Mar 11, 2017 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
It's hard to watch ecchi or romance or even fan service anime together since these days non ecchi pops out ecchi scene out of blue!
Mar 11, 2017 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
Gohdhand said:
I hate it as well because if someone is beside me then I can't wank off in peace

U wut m8? Just imagine it, you start fapping, then he starts fapping then you both fap together, then he starts touching yours and then you starting jerking each other off and then he takes his pants off fully and bends over and then....

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yaaaaaaaaaaas
Mar 11, 2017 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
You are most definitely the only one.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 11, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2016
When I was a kid I had no problem watching anime with company, be it my brother, my cousins, neighbors or my school friends. But nowadays I would find it odd to watch anime not-alone.

This also applies for movies, animated or live-actions. I like having the experience alone.
Mar 11, 2017 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
If I'm watching for the first time, then hell yeah it's annoying and distracting to have other people around making noise or talking.

If I've already seen it, then it doesn't matter.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 11, 2017 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
I watched a few anime with my mom and my sister, like Totoro, Erased, Kabaneri and Hotarubi no Mori e, so no, I don't think that applies to me, but when I'm watching an Ecchi or a full of fan-service anime I certainly wouldn't want to watch it with someone other than my friends.
Mar 11, 2017 1:02 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Outside interference is annoying when watching anime, so hell no do I watch with other people

Plus I have other reasons to watch alone ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 11, 2017 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
yes i also hate getting intrerupted from my anime watching

if my mom comes into my room i unsheathe my katana and yell KISAMA
Mar 11, 2017 1:42 PM

Oct 2014
It depends on the anime. If it's a fine anime to be watching in public I'm okay with it, but if it's ecchi I wouldn't want people watching over my shoulder.
Mar 12, 2017 6:32 AM

Jun 2012
I wont't mind it if they would be immerse with the show as well, but its annoying when they can't keep up with the flow of story and will ask me to play back a few minutes or seconds.

So it all depends on my mood.
Mar 12, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
You seriously think you are some kind of snowflake who is all alone in a world with over a billion different human beings who feels this way?
Mar 12, 2017 9:17 AM
Sep 2011
Until I started dating someone who also enjoys the genre, I was extremely self-conscious about watching it with other people in the room.
Mar 12, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 2011
Snappynator said:
You seriously think you are some kind of snowflake who is all alone in a world with over a billion different human beings who feels this way?

This.

But seriously...
No. Obviously you're not the only one.

To answer the question however, I like to watch with people if I know they're not going to ask questions every second, like my sister did with Attack on Titan, or if they're going to slow me down, (I.e "Let's watch some more later," when I much rather continue.)
I watched Attack On Titan with my sister, and half of Amanchu. She gets bored easily and talks throughout the whole series, and it's very annoying. So, I prefer to watch by myself.
Mar 12, 2017 9:39 AM

Jan 2010
Well...depends on the anime really. If it's something that's super loud, absurd and exciting, it's more fun with other people. However, if it's something that's quiet and atmospheric, it's difficult to watch with a bunch of people. Plus, once you get into the habit of watching anime a certain way, it becomes a sort of ritual to where you set your mind to a certain state in order to really get immerse in shows. Breaking out of that, while not a necessary thing, does lend to different viewing experiences, but if it's uncomfortable given how personal anime can end up being, it's not something to be worried about.
Mar 12, 2017 9:41 AM

Oct 2014
In my case ot is probably because i can not stop myself from being somewhat ashamed from watching anime
But the good thi g i have no idea why someome would be watchimg anime with me so i do not suffer much from that problem
Mar 12, 2017 9:51 AM
Sep 2013
well, you're not alone. i never watched an anime with someone beside me. i usually pause the anime when my mom or someone walks in. i watch these when i'm alone usually o-o
Mar 12, 2017 9:52 AM

Feb 2016
I dont watch anime with other people

Still I get your feeling watching movies with friends and family

I prefer to watch things alone.
Mar 12, 2017 10:44 AM

Aug 2016
Yea i dont like my mom to find out im watching an Ecchi / romance / harem.

Reach out

Mar 12, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2014
Damn, you have OCD and you need to take in any detail? Tough life man
Mar 12, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2015
As long as that person is not disturbing it's fine.
My name is Kino.
I'm on a journey, traveling to various places.
And you are?
Mar 12, 2017 10:52 AM

Mar 2017
Nope, to me it doesn't matter if there's a spectator or not ;D
Mar 12, 2017 12:09 PM
Nov 2010
If I want to watch some anime without distraction, I indeed go for some privacy, same as for everything else that I want to do in private. If someone still distracts me for whatever reason, I'd probably pause to deal with it. Basically, just living a normal life.
Mar 12, 2017 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
Hahah glad to know fellow fans feel the same as me. I don't like getting distracted when I watch an anime, I prefer to submerge myself completely when I watch anime, and if I can't do that/don't have the space to do that, I'd rather just not watch it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 12, 2017 12:26 PM

Apr 2016
Well I watch different things to my friends, so I get kinda awks when they like oh you are watching this, am just like yeah something wrong. Then I just lose hope in myself. Ill watch it in public and not care though, its just when other friends ask talk about it.
Mar 12, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2015
Umm.. Im pretty sure that more than 90% of us here, feel the same way! :P
All viewers need to be interested on a similar degree, to enjoy watching a film/anime together.

Reminded me of a girl I once knew. One day she mentioned: 'How can people even bother watching the lord of the rings? Are they retarded or something?'

From that moment, she stopped being a friend of mine. No one needs such negativity in their life! :)
Mar 12, 2017 5:32 PM

Dec 2015
Not really hate, but there's definitely difference on how much I enjoy them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 31 minutes ago

6 by Rinenka »»
1 minute ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

34 by MadanielFL »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

8 by Dizzy-san »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 8 hours ago

36 by karrotStick »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

44 by Nurguburu »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.