Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2017 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, shit got real fast this episode.

A lot of fiery action and all led up to this point after the buildup. The power of the Supreme King is definitely fearsome. (and ugly!) However, I think Rin's friends shouldn't be underestimated as they took on their biggest challenge yet.

Shimei's efforts are noticeable as Rin and Bon struggles to fight against the Supreme King. Pretty intense episode as the show even took time to further tell the relationship between Rin/Bon. The scene where Rin manages to unsheathe his sword gave me the chills. Very satisfied with this adaptation so far.
Stark700Mar 10, 2017 10:59 AM
Mar 10, 2017 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
Complete revival?!

Explosion by giving too much fire to become ash.

Report pair caught up to others.

Plant devil trying its best.

Delinquent looking guy sacrificed his energy...

lol @ Kyoto Tower to ease the atmosphere.

Trust is the solution. Finally.

26:25 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 10, 2017 11:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And so the final battles begin....Looking forward to see how both brothers will overcome their foes

Also, props to Yukio for that strategy in this episode
Mar 10, 2017 11:46 AM
Oct 2013
This was a good episode, it flew by quickly.
The strategy was dumb.
Mar 10, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2013
The fight against Toudou was cool, he isn't dead yet.
Lol, Rin is great at making you forget about your worries, who would have talked about going to Kyoto Tower in that situation.
Mar 10, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode.

Great action, animation was good as well.
I loved how Yukio and co took down Toudou with that strategy, that was super cool to watch. Though, despite being turned into ash, Toudou still isn't done. Come on Yukio! Take him down.

Loved the conversation between Bon and Rin this episode, couldn't help but smile when Rin was trying to lighten the mood with Bon by wanting to goto Kyoto tower and thus giving Bon the faith to believe that they could win. Loved the moment when Bon said he'll trust in Rin's little bravado, that was great.

Yeah man! Rin pulled out the sword and he be like SATAN NO KEN WO KURAE!! XDD
Even though I read the manga, I still got so hyped when he pulled that blade out.
Mar 10, 2017 12:38 PM

Dec 2015
Kinzo knows how to mock his enemies, "pizza bun" lol, generally the entire Shima family is full of unique people.

I thought he was never going to draw the sword, they stretched that a bit too far.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 10, 2017 1:00 PM

Oct 2013
Please clarify: Rin was just afraid to draw the sword right? Of course he was physically able to draw it, but he was mentally afraid
Mar 10, 2017 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
Absolutely loved this episode to death. This season, while stuck in some heavy exposition and dialogue at the beginning of the arc, has really managed to pick up and blow me away. The scene where Rin finally managed to pull out his sword... I couldn't help but smile. The Kyoto Tower exchange between Rin and Bon squeezed my heart.

It's been awhile since I've watched an airing anime where I genuinely stuck around till after the ED just to see the preview. Excited beyond belief! Maybe it's just because the climate of anime has changed since Blue Exorcist first aired, but this adaptation feels so fresh compared to other shounen titles out there now. I really hope we'll get another season after this one -- it really deserves it.
Mar 10, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2015
Literally screamed as soon as I saw the Impure King. What a beautiful and giant fat caterpillar thing.
When Rin took out the sword, I smiled like the fangirl that I am because the boy is baaack!! Plus, really liked the scene where him and Bon were arguing about the Kyoto Tower. That's the random quality moment that I like. Also, waifu Shiemi using that giant tree critter is adorable. She's doing her best.

Overall, a very slow paced season. Can't give full mark but it's pleasing.

Watching anime & part-time bored on the side.
Mar 10, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
Kitoge said:
Please clarify: Rin was just afraid to draw the sword right? Of course he was physically able to draw it, but he was mentally afraid

Yeah, pretty much.

Fight against Todo - Oh, cool. Planning and everything was dope.
Inside barrier - Suguro's a beast now huh? Come on, Rin, keep up.
Rin pulling his katana - FINALLY. Come on beat his ass.
Episode end - JESUS CHRIST A1 YOU CUNTS. GIMME THE OPTION TO FAST FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK DAMMIT.
Mar 10, 2017 1:40 PM
May 2016
Kitoge said:

His demon heart is in that sword. I didn't like the given explanation so I came up with my theory. He can't draw the sword because he can't acces his heart.
Mar 10, 2017 1:42 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This episode was really crazy right off the bat. I'm glad Yukio and the others knocked Todo down a peg, even though he's still not down for the count. Seeing the Impure King in his full form is pretty daunting too and when it was sooo hype when Rin finally was able to draw his sword. Can't wait for next episode!
Mar 10, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
that was some good choreography animation on Toudo's battle. and that last scene build up towards the end sure delivers the hype! can't wait next episode!!

Envy_West said:
Kitoge said:

His demon heart is in that sword. I didn't like the given explanation so I came up with my theory. He can't draw the sword because he can't acces his heart.

those are pretty accurate reasons for him not being able to draw the sword, glad he finally did it
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 10, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2014
Fucking finally for fuck sake
Mar 10, 2017 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
The battle against Toudou looked really good. Too bad he is that hard to kill.
The last scene was great. I'm very happy Suguro and Rin have finally made the peace for good. And Rin finally unsheathes the sword! Hope the battle will be good.

You, me and everyone, Shima :(
Mar 10, 2017 3:14 PM

May 2015
The wait and all the build-ups was totally worth it. This was damn great! I can't wait for the next episode!

Mar 10, 2017 3:40 PM

May 2012
I'm truly not a fan of this can't draw sword because of some stupid reason forced drama BS. Yeah it happened in the manga and I didn't particularly enjoy reading through those chapters either. Any how next episode should be kick ass.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 10, 2017 5:57 PM

Sep 2016
A lot of action this episode. Rin finally draws his sword at the end. I understand that he feels afraid to draw it because he knows he'll be seen as nothing more than a demon because of those flames. This mental block is what makes him learn to accept what he is which is what I like about Rin.
Mar 10, 2017 6:36 PM
Jul 2015
How did rin draw his sword by just trying hard enough physically? Isn't he still afraid? It seemed like he was using all his strength to pull the sword out
Mar 10, 2017 6:38 PM

Nov 2015
So he finally draws out his sword, about time.

Mar 10, 2017 8:01 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty intense and action-packed episode, and Rin finally drew his sword. Seeing the endgames to all of these conflicts will most likely be a wild ride.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 10, 2017 8:24 PM

Aug 2016
He finally drew his sword\o/

Cant wait to see how this is going to end!

Set by SenpieX
Mar 10, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
finally an action packed episode

that Todo is fucking immortal now lol how can they beat him

and Rin finally draws out his sword
Mar 10, 2017 9:55 PM

Oct 2011
Rin drawing his sword omg epic
Suguro 😭😭😭
Mar 10, 2017 10:00 PM

Dec 2013
Best episode of the entire series.

Fight against Todo was really great. Beating an immortal dude is tough.

Rin/Bon moment was hilarious.

Rin has finally drawn his sword. It took way too long but the OST made the wait worth it.

Such a satisfying moment.
Mar 10, 2017 11:43 PM
Oct 2007
I would have fail this season if the Impure King didn't had a form. That was a badass boss at the start of the episode.

Now I only hope that the final fight is good enough to hold up an entire slow season so that I don't drop the score. This season probably won't be any higher than a 7/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2017 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
The Impure King was so badass. The battlefield and the boss's form looked a lot like a Dark Soul thing, it was so impressive.
Beautiful animations and details, this season is really worth it.

Yukio finally killed Todo was well done, as usual with him, he used is brain to win :).
Great episode
Mar 11, 2017 12:36 AM

Jul 2014
Finally! Took him long enough to draw the damn sword, so now let's hope he can maintain control and destroy the Impure King once and for all.

Also, not sure I should put much stock in it considering who said it, but I cannot help but wonder what Mephisto meant when he referred to Rin as his youngest brother. Eh, maybe I'm just forgetting something and it was already covered, but if not it's certainly something to think about.
Mar 11, 2017 12:48 AM

Mar 2014
Atavistic said:
Also, not sure I should put much stock in it considering who said it, but I cannot help but wonder what Mephisto meant when he referred to Rin as his youngest brother. Eh, maybe I'm just forgetting something and it was already covered, but if not it's certainly something to think about.

Mephisto has referred to Rin as his younger brother since early on in the series. Satan is the father of several (if not all) of the 8 Demon Kings (2 of which are Mephisto and Amaimon), so that makes them Rin's demonic siblings.
Mar 11, 2017 3:53 AM
Aug 2011
I'm actually so disappointed in second season so far... the whole story looks so cheap and overused, even the last part where he drew the sword was like woah, i got it, cool, one shot he's dead and then episode ends. I bet the battle continues next ep, if it doesnt then what a joke. But still even then, compared to first season i'm giving this one a big 5/10, considering i'm not rating below 5 it's as good as 1.

As a individual series i would probably rate it around 8/10, but since it's continuation of the first season that was very well made, this doesn't deserve to be second season.
Mar 11, 2017 4:15 AM

Dec 2014
brilliant action scenes...budget is strong with this series..loved it!

Mar 11, 2017 5:20 AM

May 2015
Meh, at least we saw so nice fireball. That is all. Oh, and "nakama" power always works.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 11, 2017 5:29 AM

Jun 2013
awesome action and hemanaged to draw the sword
Mar 11, 2017 6:39 AM

Nov 2011
Oh well, that we wanted to rebuild the relationship between Rin and Bon, but they could speed up and saving a few more minutes in other situations not really important, to be able to also give more space to Shiemi and Kamiki. Really exciting, the clash between Todo and Juzo team have played them to him for good to that bastard Todo. Yeah!
Mar 11, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2016
When the episode ends on a cliffhanger...be right back gonna go and flip a table.

And those build up episodes were worth it <3

Mar 11, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode with good action. The exchange between Rin and Bon made me smile. Too bad the episode ended so quickly. I wanted to see more of Rin fighting.

The impure king's form is that of a giant worm - chuck some salt at it. That should do the trick.

Mar 11, 2017 10:03 AM

Mar 2017
G_Spark233 said:
Best episode of the entire series.

Fight against Todo was really great. Beating an immortal dude is tough.

Rin/Bon moment was hilarious.

Rin has finally drawn his sword. It took way too long but the OST made the wait worth it.

Such a satisfying moment.
-snip-

Looks like he has two swords in that image kek, would be cool if he had dual swords
Mar 11, 2017 11:32 AM
Aug 2014
As a clarification regarding the sword;

As Shura sort of explained, Rin was scared to draw the sword so his mind told him he couldn't. He was scared because when he drew his sword to fight Amaimon he lost control and could have hurt his friends, this was then piled on top of when everyone seemed to be scared of him (of course we know now that it was really only Konekomaru that was scared and the others all had individual reasons for not talking to him).
Because Bon then said he believed in him and they were friends, in a more heartfelt way than when he clarified that he had just been pissed at Rin for secret keeping a few episodes earlier, Rin realised he could draw the sword.

For the record, its not just "anime bs", psychological blocks are a very real thing; I used to be a competitive swimmer in U14 county, but I had a bad dive and I ended up not being able to see for several hours, in a lot of pain and having half-drowned. After that whenever I was on the starting block I would freeze and I could never do a proper dive it always flopped because my brain told me that if I dived properly I would end up hurt in the same way again

Anyway
I'm loving the adaption and I'm glad they're sticking closely to the manga
Mar 11, 2017 12:22 PM

Dec 2011
And he friggin finally managed to draw the sword!
Thought it would take another 100 episodes
Mar 11, 2017 3:04 PM
Sep 2009
So Mefisto is also Satan's son?

It always bugged me but how on earth is he not arrested till now? He is clearly not human.
Mar 11, 2017 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
Finally my eyes got blessed with some blue flames action. This moment should have happened way sooner.
Mar 11, 2017 5:39 PM

May 2010
Gosh, finally Rin is able to use his sword again, about freaking time @_@
Mar 12, 2017 12:38 AM

Aug 2016
I literally just saw how much foreshadowing there is in all of theses episodes for the manga arcs which is just amazing. Another great episode, lots of action.
Mar 12, 2017 5:36 AM

Jul 2016
This only has another 2 episodes to go.

Are we going to have to wait another five years for the next season as well?
Mar 12, 2017 6:23 AM
Jan 2017
well dang Yukio's smartass was the best part of this episode for me i love that guy (≧∇≦)
Mar 12, 2017 9:37 PM

Aug 2015
Ah, the moment everybody was waiting for. Well I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I'm super stoked for the next episode. Looking forward to the next show of badassery.
Mar 13, 2017 3:22 PM

Feb 2008
The Impure King's released form was rather disgusting. At least Rin can now swiftly reduce it to ashes. On that note, someone ought to do something about Todo, or his ashes...
Mar 15, 2017 1:00 AM

Nov 2012
I really did not enjoy this season... too much cliffhanger with little to make up for it in the next episode. Feel like I have been watching one long ass episode.
Mar 16, 2017 5:14 AM

Oct 2011
Was it me or were 30 Seconds to Mars performing the last song?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

85 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2017

75 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.