Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2017 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
so rotten, I like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
keep them coming!
Jan 20, 2017 5:10 AM

Aug 2014
I'm still interested to see where this is going, but I didn't like the characters added in this episode that much.
Ecchan is fine and her struggle may be interesting so I'll wait to say something about that, but the childhood friend is just annoying.
I actually thought she completely ruined the mood in the scenes she was in, I don't know, I hope she won't be that annoying the whole series
Jan 20, 2017 5:41 AM
Mar 2016
Ok so let me get this straight this Ebato , Sanae some kind of Yuri shit or she's just in love with Hanabi :) a Tomboy i guess?
Jan 20, 2017 5:50 AM

Jul 2016
BliuBliu said:
This anime reminds me of School Days for some reason...

I feel the same, but luckily i loved School Days.
Jan 20, 2017 6:12 AM

Jul 2015
Dang, feels like it took a while for this episode to come out, but that also means I was waiting for the next episode a lot more than I thought up to this point. Backstory and childhood friends enter the picture and harsh things are done and said, and wow, that ending. This love hexagon is gonna be a freaking mess by the series end. A train wreck of mass proportions. Emotionally.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 20, 2017 6:18 AM

Aug 2014
That tongue though
Jan 20, 2017 7:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so a new character is introduced in this episode eh
hmm so it seems this girl is a friend of Hanabi's that used to be close to each other and used to walk hime together all the time before she had Mugi

Hmm and a another new girl appears to interrupt them lol
Still loving the opening though

hmm so Noriko and Mugi are childhood friends then eh
hmm girls will always be attracted to the idea of princesses
seems that Noriko's prince was Mugi then

She must really dislike Hanabi right now though
Since Mugi now has a girlfriend
Moca has such an interesting meaning lol
ah so Noriko was that girl from school that always tries to beat her eh
The one with the running shoes eh lol

Wow such a threat from Hanabi there though
But the Noriko that Mugi knows and the one that Hanabi knows is vastly different

Hmm Mugi worrying about Noriko though
But still i think it will be better if he turns her down like Hanabi said
But i guess Hanabi is just possessive

Lol the fact that Mugi is nice to everyone can create the situation where a girl would fall for him though
But lol seeing Noriko and Hanabi compete with each other for his attention is funny

Lol Hanabi and Mugi's way of expressing their surprise at the vanishing chicken
But man Hanabi's way of dealing with Noriko's interference
now thats a threat
Lol Noriko thinks that Hanabi is a succubus
Looks like Noriko won't give up that easily eh

Hanabi's interactions with her crush though is always so cute
Looks like Hanabi's attempt there was derailed by Akane once again lol
lol of course a music teacher would know how to play a piano

Going to a K bar to let out stress eh
that duet between Mugi and Hanabi though was funny
of course giving up on your crush is far from easy

Lol it looks like Hanabi's friend Sanae is thinking that its instead Hanabi being used by Mugi instead
Its nice to see that Mugi cares a great deal about Hanabi as well such as when he pushes for her to go out with her classmates and make new friends

Hmm so her classmates wanted to discuss about romance problems eh
childhood friends always have a high possibility of falling in love with each other.
Lol quite the complicated problem that Ayumi has there lol
But man this is heavy indeed
But these girls view on romance is slightly different to what Hanabi believes in

Its nice to see that Sanae's views on it are the same as Hanabi's though
Hmm a girls sleepover eh
hmm that was a surprising end
so Sanae's crush was on Hanabi eh

Hmm a good episode that introduced some interesting new characters
Sanae is a bit of a mystery at the moment but it seems that she's a childhood friend that cares about Hanabi. Noriko is easier in that she's Mugi's childhood friend that has a massive crush on him and as such is Hanabi's rival.
Noriko and Hanabi's interactions in this episode were funny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
So they've introduced all the characters and their roles too. Noriko is Mugi's childhood friend and is in love with him. Ecchan is Hanabi's only friend and is in love with her. But neither Mugi nor Hanabi think of their girl in that way. Unlike Mugi and Hanabi, Noriko and Ecchan are open about their feelings, though Ecchan didn't exactly want to be open but she couldn't control herself and ended up kissing Hanabi. She couldn't keep her lust in check and we ended up getting some girl on girl action. Both Ecchan and Noriko think that one of the couple is using the other but they don't know that they're using each other, although not for the reasons they might think.

The part of Hanabi giving love advice was nicely done. That girl was taking romance so lightly. For her it was all about the looks and less about everything else. For Hanabi it's the whole package and not one spec. That girl also had it easy since she had two choices and wasn't severely in love with them so giving up on one wouldn't hurt her much. Hanabi couldn't empathize since she doesn't have two options and because her take on love is entirely different.

The problem here is that it's trying to be funny but is failing at it. The comedy is sucking because we have Mugi and Hanabi with their depressing voices. They have this depressed voice which makes any attempt at comedy by them fall flat. I don't mean "depressed" in a bad way; it's just that the voice acting really isn't doing well with the comedy scenes.

The execution of things is looking good. Things are interesting enough so far. Plus the OP and ED along with those visuals are pretty neat. Though the yuri might seal the deal here for me...
Jan 20, 2017 8:03 AM

Oct 2015
Ecchan <3 I love some yuri and damn Hanabi is the real deal.
Jan 20, 2017 8:17 AM
Oct 2007
w t flying !
Somehow the show directing draw me in..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Characters are still not appealing for me. Actually I find the main couple rather annoying. Dropped.
Jan 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2016
*at the end of episode* eh? what? what did just they? huh? what? whaaat!!??

This anime is very dark indeed, and I love it lol.
Jan 20, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2010
Aaah, I love Hanabi.
She's so adorable and somehow she's still adorable when she scolded Noriko.

So now we know who Ecchan likes.

I like how this anime focuses on people who have a crush on someone but can't get them because they're in a relationship or don't like you.
Jan 20, 2017 11:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
V0ltg said:
Is it just me or did they skip a lot of stuff from the manga? Feels like the whole yuri stuff is happening too sudden.

I got that feeling too. Maybe I don't recall correctly.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2017 12:48 PM

Feb 2012
If School Days was shit, then this anime is THE shit.

Seriously, I love it so far. All the characters are so realistically problematic, and I approve of all that action.
Jan 20, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
that ending tho lol.. i wonder how it'll go from here

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 20, 2017 1:16 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, that Yuri scene, I wasn't prepared for it. I mean, Ecchan's trying to stay positive and all... and boom shit happened. Decent episode, I'm digging the Yuri route tho
Jan 20, 2017 1:26 PM

Sep 2012
I want to ask but why is people so happy about the yuri when in reality, it's actually bad for their relationship and it's going to ruin their friendship?
FlamingMangosJan 20, 2017 1:31 PM
Jan 20, 2017 1:52 PM

Aug 2015
I can't be the only who burst out laughing at that ending.
Jan 20, 2017 2:56 PM

Mar 2008
The story feels just as convoluted as ever. For not liking each other beyond the pact they made they sure do love to make out.

I've never seen any anime that abuses the whole disappearing eyes thing quite as much as this show, it's getting more and more distracting. Just draw their damn eyes.

Surprise yuri twist assuming it isn't in her imagination? There's all these random thoughts that pop up in characters heads I don't know if they mean anything or they're just bullshit. Be nice if the story could ever flow in some kind of cohesive narrative.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jan 20, 2017 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
I'm so glad I picked this up...
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Jan 20, 2017 5:07 PM

Jan 2017
This anime is so messed up, yet so good. Really looking forward to what'll happen next.
Jan 20, 2017 5:38 PM
Feb 2014
THIS ANIME GOT ME FUCKED UP....

Imma keep watching it.
Jan 20, 2017 6:32 PM

May 2016
I knew it ! There should be 100% yuri scene . I love it
Jan 20, 2017 7:20 PM

Oct 2013
That ending wow... Ecchan's Seiyuu, Haruka, really nailed it. Her lines were so heavy. Not only could you feel the emotion, it was heart moving.
(What really blew me away afterwards was the she also voiced Lala - ToLove, Asua-SAO, Megumi- Shiki, and some other major roles... Crazy thing is they sound all so different)

If there was an end route I don't know who I would choose either. I like all of the characters so far. Even though Mugi and Hanabi are terrible, you can't help but feel for them all.

Next episode will be critical to the quality of the show. First two episodes set the pace, tempo and emotion. Third should set the structure of the whole series i.e how they play off the first major conflict.
Jan 20, 2017 9:07 PM
Mar 2015
WarrFork said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha, there first was incest and now we get a childhood friend + yuri?
I'm so in but lord this will be one hell of a ride. I'm surprised she went straight for it at the end though but oh well. I would love to see the yuri route, but yeah I'll just dream of it.

Oh you're in for a ride, pal.

Every single of one of you are about to get mind-fucked after you get through the series. As a person who read the manga and knows whats coming. Your all going to seriously need Jesus when it's all said and done.

I had to spend a half hour praying to calm myself down after i got through this series (I thought it would be a sweet loving series like Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, but NOPE!).

Wew boy, this will get real interesting.
Justice_RocksJan 20, 2017 9:14 PM
Jan 20, 2017 9:29 PM
Oct 2016
The fact that there is yuri in this anime makes me feel a bit happy, I guess...?
Jan 20, 2017 9:54 PM
Mar 2016
ITS KIND OF NASTY .. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
Jan 20, 2017 10:49 PM

Feb 2015
WarrFork said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha, there first was incest and now we get a childhood friend + yuri?
I'm so in but lord this will be one hell of a ride. I'm surprised she went straight for it at the end though but oh well. I would love to see the yuri route, but yeah I'll just dream of it.

Where is the incest?
Jan 20, 2017 10:51 PM

Feb 2015
So the pace in this anime is like drama drama drama comedy drama. That naruto opening took me off guard. This episodes was completely to introduce two new characters and to show that one of them is going to have a lasbian relationship. Let's see whats going to come.
Jan 21, 2017 12:05 AM

Jan 2014
Can somebody name another better anime from this season I'll wait??? lol

Naruto opening 5 10/10

Jan 21, 2017 12:15 AM

Apr 2012
I LOVE PROGRESSIVE ANIME

Jan 21, 2017 12:16 AM

May 2007
The voice of Moca is so annoying, I hate it.

Jan 21, 2017 12:30 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
AFter rewatching the episode and having time to think about it I can't wait to see where this goes.

Its interesting too because with Hanabi and Ecchan, this episode essentially splits viewers in half.

Viewers with an all-inclusive worldview will have a suspicion almost straight away that Ecchan might have a crush on Hanabi, empathizing with her through the episode. The only doubt that might rise is from the fact that anime usually shies away from same gender relationships. However Ecchan's reaction to Hanabi's "hug" pretty much sheds away any doubt in terms of how Ecchan might feel.

Viewers with a heteronormative view on other hand will align with Hanabi more than Ecchan and will be blindsided by what happened. They will do the same mistake as Hanabi in assuming that them being of same gender somehow alters the meaning of interactions or reactions - hell, its pretty much what Hanabi says straight to Ecchan's face when she lets her in - "oh its no problem because we are both girls" and stuff.

Or people will be individuals and have different reactions to things.

Like, I'm not sure exactly what you qualify as heteronormative but I was guessing from early on that Ecchan was putting off yuri vibes. Doesn't mean I wasn't a little surprised when she actually went for it though.
Jan 21, 2017 1:42 AM

Jun 2016
This is getting better and better. Also yuri ?! Woah, that was.. awesome. Not that I wasn't expecting it, just so fast ? Usually you have 12 episodes of teasing to just find out they are just "close friends". Makes me think that lot of the stuff was skipped. This anime really should have 24 eps instead of 12.

Nice to see more mature anime with school setting that doesn't fear to go for a taboo and ignore classic anime troppes. So refreshing ! Also, I expecting that lot of the people will be very salty at the end because things didn't go the desired way (me included, already shipping dead end yuri couple)
Jan 21, 2017 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
The sound effect when they made out in the karaoke booth sounded a bit like someone squeezing a wet sponge.
Jan 21, 2017 2:27 AM

Sep 2013
Ecchan........GO GO GO!!!!!! I'm rooting 4 u!!!!!!

Well, you can never dislike a young yuri crush. Hana-chan and Mugi, even though are fake-dating but even so, they are not even trying to get their attention. Mugi seems so passive, just lusting after Hana's lips but not even has some personality.
Jan 21, 2017 4:51 AM

Jul 2015
Hahaha, I didn't see the yuri coming in this anime. I mean it was obvious in the second half of the episode that red-haired chick is into Hanabi, but that last scene, she got some balls. I'm getting a feel that Hanabi is confused with her relationship with Mugi and that she definitely didn't expect his approval to go to talk with this girls. OP and ED are fairly nothing special for me... No matter in which direction this show goes, I am going to finish it cause it has a really interesting concept to say the least.

Jan 21, 2017 6:03 AM

Mar 2009
Okay. Thanks to that last scene - and Sanae herself - now I'm actually interested. Didn't expect anything like this while watching the first episode, but it was more than obvious Sanae had feelings for Hanabi while watching this one. The last scene escalated quickly, yet it worked rather well. Guess I'll continue watching for Sanae. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious to see where this goes.
Jan 21, 2017 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
I'd like it if they went more into depth with the existing relationships instead of throwing a bunch of them around in the first two episodes. It's kind of a mess now.
Jan 21, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2016
that ending caught me off gaurd
Jan 21, 2017 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
lol i relate to ecchan so much, she's my fav character atm
Jan 21, 2017 3:36 PM

Jun 2015
Nobody is gonna end up happy.
Ever.
Jan 21, 2017 4:17 PM

Nov 2009
Could not have asked for a better adaptation than this. So damn good
Jan 21, 2017 6:04 PM

Feb 2010
Touko said:
I'd like it if they went more into depth with the existing relationships instead of throwing a bunch of them around in the first two episodes. It's kind of a mess now.

I agree with you...it really sort of just adds a bunch of elements perhaps even as way to cover up details they do not want to explain about the existing relationships. It really is like crowding all this information about characters and not knowing a lot about any of these relationships minus the little information about them that is shown to us. Great shows display dynamic relationships and characters, and it is a little too early for me to say this show is not progressing that much, but I am a little disappointed. Essentially, what I got from these first two episodes (to sound a little less condescending than I usually do) is a very generic story line especially with the appearance and quite random introduction of the childhood friend and even the main girl's bf...even if she is lesbian.

Sure, this series would show more potential if the characters were introduced or developed more so that we could perhaps understand these new relationships better, but we are literally given the most typical childhood background story and I cannot help but label this "taboo" element they added as something to completely steer viewers away from the the relevant, now irrelevant, main story line. Which really has nothing going for it at the moment. That's what I'm convinced right now, and with time I'll most likely be proven wrong but it really is starting to take a direction that makes me step back a bit and wonder if it will really take a good turn later on. Great shows, to me at least, are worth my time and special in that the show speaks a message that was able to be vocalized by the characters, their actions, their relationships, and even the story told. So, far, there are but brief moments where the story Kuzu no Honkai offers hints at this but it makes me I wonder if there ever will be an execution.
EarlCielJan 21, 2017 6:10 PM
Jan 21, 2017 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
I know its the typical ship to root for but I seriously want Mugi and Hanabi to work out! The question is who will fall for the other first? (I kinda hope it's Mugi but considering its from Hanabi's POV it'll probably be her)

Moca is a goddamned pain. Ecchan is cute. I hope her attacking Hanabi won't just be brushed off as girls having fun/practicing. She should confess. Don't beat that dying horse of a trope.

Machination said:
Just add in Y A O I....... Then AOTY and 10/10 right here!

My god, how true this is xD
Jan 21, 2017 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
Why is pigtails in this show? Also Hanabi is kind of a Savage lol.
Kinda had a feeling when Ecchan entered the shower she swayed towards the Female side. Damn though they kind of jumped right into it, no lead up or anything just "Hey sleepover, lets kiss."

Also the op and ed are perfect.

Also NARUTO Opening in Karaoke lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 21, 2017 10:05 PM

Aug 2011
Holy shit fam, my body was not prepared for that yuri teaser. PLease please do not dissapoint me!
Jan 22, 2017 3:45 AM

Apr 2015
damn, this anime is so hot... gonna prepare for more surprises!!
wait... i know the song they sang in karaoke scene, but i forget where is it from... lol it sounds so familiar...
Jan 22, 2017 6:28 AM

Oct 2015
Dayum childhood friend is annoying but the yuri is awesome.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.