Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2017 6:20 PM

Oct 2011
epic episode omfg yes. onfg it's Kagura home planet omg
Jan 17, 2017 11:53 PM

Jan 2015
yuuren said:
Good episode! Really missing the Shinsengumi, though. Hope they at least show up in this arc.

They just left 3 episodes ago...They better not show up until the next arc at the very least imo
Jan 18, 2017 12:59 AM

Oct 2016
Just_Away said:
yuuren said:
Good episode! Really missing the Shinsengumi, though. Hope they at least show up in this arc.

They just left 3 episodes ago...They better not show up until the next arc at the very least imo

Hope I'm not spoiling anything, but they're not involved in this arc.
Jan 18, 2017 4:16 AM

Aug 2015
ListAandM said:

best part of this ep

And both Gintoki and Zura was Zura. LOL
Jan 18, 2017 5:42 AM

Jul 2015
You can tell Gintoki has been broken since the whole Utsuro thing even without them emphasizing that much on the characters' reactions after they found out about Utsuro's true identity. Gintoki is usually calm in mind and is determined as much. He is still determined and all, but there are those rare moments where all he can say are things like "I don't know what to do anymore". On the other hand, the thing that certainly makes him so strong is that he takes action as soon as he finds a good route to act, even if it wasn't the best. What keeps happening to him is burdening in a way you can hardly imagine, but he's still as consistent as ever. I know it is pretty old to address that about our protagonist, but well he is the kind of character you can barely do justice.
Also I think that him saying "he (Utsuro) isn't Shoyo" to Katsura is also a remarkable clue as to how much Shoyo meant to Gintoki, and how much the latter trusts his later master even after all those shocking revelations, which pretty much goes with the context "no this Utsuro could never be the teacher I knew. He gotta be someone entirely different".
Can't wait to see the true "relationship" between Shoyo and Utsuro.

5/5
Jan 18, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2013
Good episode! I'm so fuckin ready for the greatness ~
Jan 18, 2017 12:41 PM
Oct 2014
Good episode. And I love the teamwork between gintoki, sakamoto and zura. Can't wait to see takasugi back 🖤
Jan 18, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2015
Germs_N_Spices said:
Just_Away said:

Hope I'm not spoiling anything, but they're not involved in this arc.

I figured that. It'd be too soon.
Jan 18, 2017 9:06 PM

Mar 2012
Decent episode. Something felt a bit off though, probably because it was a serious episode with not much action or comedy. I was looking forward to watching Kamui and Kankou fighting but I guess it might happen in the next one instead.
Jan 19, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2013
Ginsukesan said:
My only complain, the part where they beat Nobu nobu had a great line in the manga. It was probably the best meta joke I've ever seen, I had hoped that they would translate it here, at least to some degree.
If you're talking about the "Take out in just 5 pages" comment
It actually does take them 13 seconds to beat and get Nobunobu as hostage XD I just counted.

Looking through the manga and having just watched the episode makes me suuuper hyped at how 1:1 everything is ;U;
And the closer we get to seeing the beautiful Yato trio the more excited I get.
This is DEFINITELY one of my favorite arcs, after the Shinsengumi Crisis arc.

And Kagura's line about her family ;u;
She's gotta protect both of her families <333 Aaaaahh, everything about this just destroys me. I love gintama so much.
The hype just keeps getting more and more real
Jan 19, 2017 9:50 AM

Oct 2016
Alyxsandre said:
Ginsukesan said:
My only complain, the part where they beat Nobu nobu had a great line in the manga. It was probably the best meta joke I've ever seen, I had hoped that they would translate it here, at least to some degree.
If you're talking about the "Take out in just 5 pages" comment
It actually does take them 13 seconds to beat and get Nobunobu as hostage XD I just counted.

I think it's just that "5 pages" sounds more like breaking the 4th wall than "13 seconds".
Jan 19, 2017 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
Germs_N_Spices said:
I think it's just that "5 pages" sounds more like breaking the 4th wall than "13 seconds".
It does :'D Different medium, a medium that uses time, at that, so it would be slightly harder to translate.

Unless it was something like "five cutscenes" or something.
Jan 19, 2017 11:48 PM

Mar 2014
Alyxsandre said:
Germs_N_Spices said:
It does :'D Different medium, a medium that uses time, at that, so it would be slightly harder to translate.

Oh man, using cutscenes instead would've been beautiful.
Jan 20, 2017 12:49 AM

Oct 2016
ziggy_Z said:
Alyxsandre said:

I feel like they could've used 5 pages in the anime as well, not only breaking fourth wall to refer to another medium, but also advertise for its manga. (thats the purpose of anime isn't it?)
Jan 20, 2017 3:50 AM

Mar 2014
Germs_N_Spices said:
ziggy_Z said:

I feel like they could've used 5 pages in the anime as well, not only breaking fourth wall to refer to another medium, but also advertise for its manga. (thats the purpose of anime isn't it?)

I was thinking they were gonna do it, and Shinpachi would've interrupted with something like "what do you even mean/how does that make sense/etc."
Jan 20, 2017 7:46 AM

Nov 2013
ziggy_Z said:
I was thinking they were gonna do it, and Shinpachi would've interrupted with something like "what do you even mean/how does that make sense/etc."
Bahaha, that would have been fantastic, honestly XD

Germs_N_Spices said:
I guess they really did just end up going the translate-to-anime. It might have been just a little too awkward if they did that, however. Using the term cutscene or perhaps a mention to how long the episode has been "not even 1/6th of this episode" or something would have been neater.

Ah well v3v It'll forever be something we manga readers will remember for always
Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM

Dec 2015
I thought Takasugi went to the dark side because they killed his teacher...so there was another reason as well??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 27, 2017 1:49 AM

Jun 2013
Oh god, Umibozou's lines, "It was my own balls that gave life to that monster. Then it's my duty, balls and all, to put an end to him."

Takechi's "I'm not a lolicon. I'm a feminist." XD

I love hearing Shinpachi screech out whenever he calls out anyone for their shit. He's the best straight man in Anime/manga history and Daisuke Sakaguchi's voice is just PERFECT for him.

Tokugawa Nobunobu's hairstyle screams douchebag. It's cropped but also slicked to the sides with gel or something lol.
臭い-
Mar 1, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
No more gags and jokes. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2009
No more gags and jokes. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2017 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
Nobunobu is such a bastard...

Anyway, they are all ready to rescue Takasugi. Tense episode, but it still have hilarious moment, I love Gintama! I laughed so hard when I saw Katsura's picture xD
I am looking forward to seeing Umibouzu fight.

Zura had some beautiful sentences at the beginning. I missed him so much.
Apr 9, 2017 8:39 AM

May 2012
Decent progression I must say, looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 9, 2017 6:03 AM

Jul 2009
Finally! We'll have the old gang back just like the old times!!!!

Lol, despite being serious. There are still some funny moments :)
Nov 3, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
I always were a bigger fan of Gintama's jokes rather than the main plot but we'll see.
Feb 23, 2018 3:20 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, the One Piece and lolicon jokes.

Really appreciating that we're getting more focus on Kaguras fam.

Old friends joined arms together and Nobunobu got his ass kicked again,can't get enough of that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 23, 2019 6:29 AM

May 2015
RIP fake shogun teeth...again.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 26, 2019 6:27 AM
Apr 2018
Great episode but the animation seems to be going down hill. I just hope they're saving the budget for the fights.
Sep 26, 2019 6:29 AM
Apr 2018
Bibimbapski said:
Oh god, Umibozou's lines, "It was my own balls that gave life to that monster. Then it's my duty, balls and all, to put an end to him."

Takechi's "I'm not a lolicon. I'm a feminist." XD

I love hearing Shinpachi screech out whenever he calls out anyone for their shit. He's the best straight man in Anime/manga history and Daisuke Sakaguchi's voice is just PERFECT for him.

Tokugawa Nobunobu's hairstyle screams douchebag. It's cropped but also slicked to the sides with gel or something lol.

Finally, someone else who loves Shinpachi as much as I do. He really makes the jokes even more hilarious, he really is the perfect straight man. I absolutely loved the time skip arc because of him
Oct 9, 2019 11:09 AM

May 2016
Zura finally gets some good screen time again.
Nov 22, 2019 4:53 PM
Apr 2016
Well, of course, the current shogun is a terrible stupid man, Katsura and others would feel ashamed of themselves if they killed a worthless man like that. Things are getting very interesting.
Nov 26, 2019 2:23 AM

Mar 2015
Good buildup and hype in this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 16, 2020 12:55 AM

Aug 2019
Great buildup episode. Zura, Gintoki and Sakamoto are reunited, now we just need Takasugi to complete the Joui4. The part about Kagura reminiscing the past and the Yorozuya leave letters was pretty sad. Nobunobu is still a worthless piece of shit, lol they took him down so easily. Yay he got punched again, this time by Bansai.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Aug 11, 2020 10:06 PM

Aug 2018
This is so epic! they reunite to destroy the harusame!

Oct 16, 2020 10:48 PM

Jul 2020
LMAO they took down Nobunobu and his men that easily, well it doesn't really look fearsome.
Mar 14, 2021 1:05 AM

May 2020
Yeah, punch that Shogun again!
I liked their “parting” with their leave letters, it’s touching.
Oct 31, 2021 7:46 AM

Apr 2018
All of them teamed up to defeat Utsuro, their long lasting enemy. Zura was as funny as always espically the scene where they had to mention the good and bad points of Shinsuke xD Kagura left on her own, she matured a lot. Seems like they'll be meeting each other in the next ep.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 24, 2021 9:53 PM

Jun 2020
I love Sakamoto, it was nice seeing him with Gin and Katsura. Hopefully they meet with Kagura soon cause Sadaharu looked so sad :(
Mar 3, 2022 11:02 AM

Nov 2010
That scene of Kagura reminiscing about the past. Those were good times, but I'm glad we've reached these serious arcs now. It feels like a decent pay off, after all the world building done during the comedy eps.

I wonder how Kagura's family became so dysfunctional.
Mar 15, 2022 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
I don't understand why they just don't kill Nobunobu and be done with him.
He may just be a puppet for the tendoshu that can easily be replaced but he is scum and they also have no reason to keep him alive.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 27, 2022 3:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gintoki, Katsura and Sakamoto all together entering Nobunobu's ship, that was epic, and easily defeated lol another well-deserved punch.
Meanwhile the Takasugi situation is though with Umibouzu/Kamui issue so not surprising Kagura wants to help fix it and protect Kamui from being killed.
Jul 29, 2022 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
The build up is crazy!
Kagura is going towards her home planet Rokuyo planet. Umibozu is also back home and same for Kamui. The fight is going to go down there!

Sakamoto, Katsura & Gintoki the old timers are back and we are missing only one, Takasugi. I hope they all 4 fight the enemy together at some point in this arc.

Oboro is also immortal and he is dying because he is a human!
Sep 6, 2022 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like all the yato will be involved this time, there has been a lot of focus on them for a while now.
Sep 29, 2022 5:19 AM

Jan 2020
Seems like Gin doesn't have to worry about paying his rent for thiseason........
Nov 7, 2022 11:51 PM

Aug 2018
Really great build up , the trio really nails the episode and new Shogun being the addition for comedy works great too
Dec 23, 2022 10:57 PM

Apr 2022
3 of the joi legends reunite lessgooo

and wake me up when nobunobu stops taking Ls
Mar 23, 2023 11:27 AM

Feb 2023
This ep was so good!

Your Lie In April was a banger!
Apr 15, 2023 2:31 PM
Aug 2022
it is clear from the drop in popularity that serious arcs suck!!!

i am only struggling to see through the end as a devout shinsengumi fan. i hate the edgy tone. 

Jul 21, 2023 1:34 PM

Mar 2019
Another amazing episode. Sadaharu rushing outside for Kagura was so sad. I really need Takasugi to wake up and fight alongside these 3, they already look badass. Nobunobu is just an insect at this point.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anyone could explain ep 12 i couldnt able to understand whats happening?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 15

6 by seelenfresser51 »»
Feb 17, 2:10 PM

» Katsura loves ikumatsu ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 16

4 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Feb 16, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 22, 2017

109 by otakuweek »»
Jan 11, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 26, 2017

187 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 19, 2017

67 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.