Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jan 14, 2017 12:22 PM
Jan 2014
I like the use of shadows on this ep (i did not loved it, because the shadow on the characters eyes, always remind me hentai scenes).
The eyes design are good, because the atmosphere are for this kind of eyes, that look kind of tired, broken, hopless, but I think that they are terrible for comedy or even for the happies scenes.

Seeing the OP with some patience make me feel kind of afraid, and the last 5 minutes of this ep increased this feeling on me, why ? Easy, we see two/three girls (plus sensei) and "ecchi scenes", together with this, we have had the start of a "open relationship", then we can have (on the future) the same moral reaction that we had on Schools Days (a totally disturbed sense of moral and relation) and that is not good.
Jan 14, 2017 12:34 PM

Nov 2015
Mentar said:

It's mature as in it requires an acquired mature taste to enjoy this.

This.

I think the point has been laid on the table.
Jan 14, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2009
The animation is subdued and the colors are easy to look at. Despite the content it was really easy on the eyes. Lewd scene was hot too - hotter than a lot of hentai I've seen.

Also really fucking relatable, as I have a friend who recently went through the same thing Hana did. Just goes to show that this kinda shit happens in real life. Scary.

Jan 14, 2017 2:07 PM

Oct 2009
Will this have a 1080p version?
Jan 14, 2017 2:51 PM

May 2016
Wow this show is gonna be controvercial AF. I love how producents are not afraid of anything and show us emotinal and very good love scene.
Jan 14, 2017 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
That was more mature than I was expecting. This is from someone who hasn't read the manga, so I didn't really have any idea of what to expect other than the general description of the story. They almost went full sexy time in the first episode.

Those OP visuals seem slightly, mmm, indicative of something. They way the characters were portrayed in certain frames, it makes it seem like the female teacher is almost like the villain of the series.

In the one of the first sets of images, all of the characters look kind of melancholic, and then her characters is drawn with her eyes closed and a somewhat smug smile.

In her next scene she's leaning on that piano with the petals flying, it moves to a close up on her eye, and then it turns a pinkish red; which is like the stereotypical villain trope. And then that scene ends with like black smudges.

Then towards the very end, all of the characters are sprawled out on a white sheet. Every character except Akane. She's then in the very next frame, by herself, with another smug look holding a bouquet of flowers.

She just seems like a mean eating whore who takes a lot of penis, and pretends to be the innocent nice girl.

That aside, we can also tell there are going to be some multiple love triangles here. Just from the OP alone, you can see the girl with the long red hair has feelings for Hanabi; there's the scene where she's like licking her. And then in the OP there's brief flashes of all the pairings holding each other naked, and that's one of the pairings. The little blonde twintail girl seems to have feelings for Mugi.
Jan 14, 2017 5:21 PM

Jun 2011
I never heard about this until a few days ago so besides the synopsis I had no knowledge of what I'm in for.

But I liked the first episode a lot. The depiction of the relationship between Mugi and Hanabi was well presented and I didn't really expect it to be that mature and almost explicit. I kinda miss shows which are more mature and do depict love in a sorrowful and melancholic way so this is a nice change to what you usually get to see. The art also looks good and fits the tone of the show perfectly. Both OP & ED are very good songs.

Yeah, I think this will be getting really good, high hopes here.
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 14, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2015
12 episodes confirmed finally, I guess the studio will get the source materials in advance to make the anime since the manga will end 6 days before the anime last episode. Well hopefully, they had enough time to do so since I am assuming the author already finished her work and is waiting to release it.
Jan 14, 2017 6:03 PM

Aug 2010
Jonesy974 said:
That was more mature than I was expecting. This is from someone who hasn't read the manga, so I didn't really have any idea of what to expect other than the general description of the story. They almost went full sexy time in the first episode.

Those OP visuals seem slightly, mmm, indicative of something. They way the characters were portrayed in certain frames, it makes it seem like the female teacher is almost like the villain of the series.

In the one of the first sets of images, all of the characters look kind of melancholic, and then her characters is drawn with her eyes closed and a somewhat smug smile.

In her next scene she's leaning on that piano with the petals flying, it moves to a close up on her eye, and then it turns a pinkish red; which is like the stereotypical villain trope. And then that scene ends with like black smudges.

Then towards the very end, all of the characters are sprawled out on a white sheet. Every character except Akane. She's then in the very next frame, by herself, with another smug look holding a bouquet of flowers.

She just seems like a mean eating whore who takes a lot of penis, and pretends to be the innocent nice girl.

That aside, we can also tell there are going to be some multiple love triangles here. Just from the OP alone, you can see the girl with the long red hair has feelings for Hanabi; there's the scene where she's like licking her. And then in the OP there's brief flashes of all the pairings holding each other naked, and that's one of the pairings. The little blonde twintail girl seems to have feelings for Mugi.

Don't worry you aren't just seeing things
Jan 14, 2017 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even know how to start this comment.
This is weird, i mean their story... Dating other person but loving other and the other person does the same xD They are both weird, but i think that this relationship will help them solve their problems, they can't love people that love them for the rest of their lives, they must move on. And i think that their relationship will heal & help them.
This will probably get even sadder and depressive for them but i believe in they end they will find who is their true love ;)
That almost "sex scene" was very well done, i believe we will see the rest of it in the future episodes.
But i still think that their situation is kinda retarded/weird xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 14, 2017 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
I'll stick around for the melodrama
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 14, 2017 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
Holy, this was an unexpected surprise that almost flew past me. 'Guess we should prepare our bodies for all kinds of feels. Let there be controversy and mixed emotions! But overall, I just hope for a quality romance that's not all sunshine & rainbows. It's been too long since the last one(WA2 for me).
Jan 14, 2017 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
Freaking love this. But it's somewhat disturbing.
Jan 14, 2017 8:14 PM

Sep 2016
That ending song is epic.
Jan 14, 2017 10:11 PM

Sep 2015
She should not be dating that guy! She should be dating me! I feel so angry right now. I like the soundtrack though.
Jan 14, 2017 10:48 PM

Apr 2014
HecticLeo said:
She should not be dating that guy! She should be dating me! I feel so angry right now. I like the soundtrack though.

you just unlucky because he met her first :p, well thats not the case anyway.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Jan 14, 2017 11:13 PM

Jan 2010
I really liked it a lot. It got high scores from me on the first impression.

The atmosphere is a little dark and lonely and I like it a lot. Not much goofy cliches to see either.
I've long been looking for such an anime and I think I will enjoy this pretty well.

Hana is cute and her voice is pretty cute aswell.
However, I feel that this blonde dude Mugi. He doesn't give off any protagonist vibes either. He doesn't look like or sound like one either. More like a side-character which kinda killed it a bit for me. Maybe I'm a bit too used to dark and medium long haired dudes as protagonists

In any case. I get the feeling that this will end as it almost hints it will. They will fall in love with each other in the end. Unless the plot twists (which I really hope it does just to ruin the final episode expectations)

Still, I'm looking forward to this. Good anime to start the new year so far.

HecticLeo said:

Same here brah
Jan 15, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2012
OP and ED are great, especially the ending that I love. Great animation and musics, this kind of relation is pretty rare in anime, I wonder if they will end together.
Jan 15, 2017 3:34 AM

Oct 2008
people are labelling this a "mature romance". it is not mature. the writing is shallow. the premise is immature. the exposition within like, the first 5 lines of dialogue is immature. the direction is immature. the sex scene was immature. get rid of all the shoujo fluff and maybe we'll have a mature romance.
Jan 15, 2017 5:07 AM

May 2009
I bet that in few weeks people start calling all characters unlikeable. Gee since when scums are suppose to be likeable?
Lightfellow said:
Badly drawn, badly animated, blurry piece of shit.

What a load of shit, there is nothing wrong with this anime from technical point.
Jan 15, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2016
sirflimflam said:
Yachty said:
you either need to look up the definition of lighthearted or take a few minutes and read the first 5 chapters again. Hell, not even that, just read the first chapter. The manga isnt just sex, sex, NTR, depression and more sex, if you seriously still believe it isn't a "light hearted by any stretch of the imagination" you need to expand your ability to derive themes from a medium, because it seems you have trouble right now doing so if you think the manga is always depressing shit.

...how many chapters have you actually read? There's over 40 of them. Cherry picking a few of the less depressing chapters from the beginning where the real plot hasn't even opened up to the reader yet doesn't make the story anywhere near lighthearted.

I feel like I'm being trolled here and made to bite more than once... Oh well. I'm not going to bother responding to this any further.
And it just so happens that the "less depressing chapters" are oh what's the word for it...the definition of lighthearted?? You're just trying really hard to phrase it so you aren't proving me right. Just admit it, the word for it is "lighthearted" and stop trying to dance around the fact. And by you admitting I'm cherry picking, you've helped me prove my point by saying those chapters are in the nature of what I said it is lol. After all, you said it is not light hearted by any stretch of the imagination, but how can that be when a proportion of it is? Are you even reading what you are typing? You just ruined your whole argument, seems like you aren't stretching your imagination enough.

It's cute how you and a bunch of other people here resort to "u must be trolling" when your on the losing side of an argument and make it out like my opinions are so farfetched or something. Actually I lied, I find it pretty pathetic.
Jan 15, 2017 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
A bit disappointed by how mirrored the heroes situations are: it makes the overall situation too romantic (not sure if this is the right equivalent for french "romanesque") .

A different type of unrequited love for one of them would have pleased me more...

Maybe I should have kept the surprise for the manga since this will be a compressed adaptation.

4/5 Pretty common for this kind of story, but not bad.

How could this title draw so much attention when it is not supposed to feature those sacred "likable characters" based on the start/title)?! o_o Especially when the series is not even legally avail for free.
Jan 15, 2017 6:59 AM

Feb 2016
Wow, they really are scums.

Simply beautiful. Although I will not expect too much since I always see shows that are good on the first episode and shit on the rest. But it's okay to hold on to hope.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jan 15, 2017 7:27 AM

Mar 2013
I've skimmed through manga out of curiosity before. But damn, the OP is dynamically good. Even knowing what's about to come, it still makes me excited.

About the episode, the artwork and visuals were amazing.
Tho, the cast isn't what I exactly imagined.
I think Hosoya Yoshimasa would've suited as Mugi to a T. Maybe coz he looks like Haruto from KnIM
Jan 15, 2017 7:35 AM

Oct 2014
simo000 said:
people are labelling this a "mature romance". it is not mature. the writing is shallow. the premise is immature. the exposition within like, the first 5 lines of dialogue is immature. the direction is immature. the sex scene was immature. get rid of all the shoujo fluff and maybe we'll have a mature romance.

Thats hilarious, but wrong.
Jan 15, 2017 8:43 AM

Jul 2016
That was unbelievable. 1st episode and they're already kissing and making out? lol
Very interesting plot point though, and it's kinda sad. I honestly give props to whoever managed the soundtracks; because they really get you in the mood of the show.
I also liked the art and that manga-like style, not a lot of animes do that.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this anime.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Jan 15, 2017 8:48 AM

Sep 2015
Well...I certainly wasn't expecting that. So I guess it's just gonna be an anime about friends with benefits. Though I guess I can see some other elements being added to the show as it progresses
Jan 15, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
This show definitely surprised me. I was expecting a cheesy SoL but then it slapped me in the face with crotch-grabbing and a rather interesting MC. Let's hope they don't get unnecessarily melodramatic and slap some sporadic humor in there for no reason.

I'm also assuming they'll end up together lol
"Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived." -Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 15, 2017 12:05 PM

May 2015
Wow, that was phenomenal. This is definitely my favorite non-sequel so far this season. I loved how they jumped right into the premise and established the tone right away. All the characters seem like they're going to be horrible people just like the title hints, which is awesome! I personally really enjoy stories like this that have fairly well-written main characters who are also unlikable. I can't wait to see how the relationships in this anime unfold. I also really liked the directing style. This right here is how you make manga panelish shots work in anime.

One thing that really surprised me about this anime is the reception it's getting here on MAL. I really expected it to be less popular. But there it is, currently the 4th most popular show this season. I'm very glad a show like this will end up getting talked about a lot this season, since it's the first recent romance I've seen that handles its romance elements in this particular way. I can't wait to see people's opinions on whether they like or dislike it as the season continues. As for me, I'm almost certain I'll love it!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 15, 2017 1:49 PM

Feb 2016
Far better than I expected
Jan 15, 2017 2:03 PM
Feb 2014
This... this is AMAZING!

I've not watched many this season so far, but I'm just gonna go ahead and declare this the best first episode of all anime this Winter.
Edit: Spoke too soon, Youjo Senki blew my mind. Omg... and I thought this season would be lame.

Music, Voice Acting, Animation, Atmosphere, everything was like a dream. It's been a while since I've been fully immersed in an Anime like this. Props to the Director and staff!

I don't often bother about the OSTs in anime I watch. It's the same thing when it comes to voice acting for me. But... probably because of the nature of the anime, which revolves mainly around the thoughts of the Main Characters, I couldn't help but be enchanted by both the OSTs and Hanabi's voice. The music was beautiful, and did a great job of setting the mood. I have almost no doubts I'll remember some of these soundtracks long after Kuzu no Honkai finishes airing. And seriously, Chika Anzai as Hanabi was on point.

Animation was beautiful. Great fan of the 'panels' concept they used. Hoping the animation quality remains just as high in subsequent episodes but I won't keep my hopes too high.

Storywise, can't say I can relate much to what the MC's are going through, but the Romance is mature, and at least the motivations feel somewhat realistic (as opposed to dramatic/extreme). I like it. I'm praying there won't be any crazy drama and misunderstandings for the sake of it because that would ruin things. Also hoping they won't throw in some cheezy, inappropriate humour for relief. That just wouldn't mix... As it is, Hanabi's occasional snappy remarks are perfect as they are for momentary relief and serves to show she isn't a complete moping, whiny teen.

I don't feel like Hanabi and Mugi are scums though. Just two lonely people who want company and find it in another person who shares the same sadness. At least they admit it to each other and keep their frustrations between the two of them. So I don't feel like she was particularly mean when rejecting the kid who confessed, just a bit too honest :/

Anyways, looking highly promising. Again, just hoping it doesn't go to shit later. First episodes can be oh so misleading sometimes.
Duri1nJan 15, 2017 5:15 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 15, 2017 3:36 PM

Apr 2014
Definitely unusual in a sort of way, and I was also surprised to see straight in E1 a kiss where in most romcoms I have seen rare kisses. But I liked the melodramatic and I'm sure there is a beautiful story behind. It is also refreshing watching an anime that is more serious and adult adapted instead...

Going to follow this season, I think it can go deep.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jan 16, 2017 1:43 AM

Mar 2013
Are those really lips or is the ED full of the lips from down below? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 16, 2017 2:01 AM

Aug 2016
damn, that ED song, Sayuri's voice just melts my heart away.

Great anime!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2017 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
Yoooo, this was brilliant.

First time in long while we actually have a properly realistic depiction of a teenage relationship in anime. NO silly idealized hand-holdy purity stuff, just undiluted toxic teenager angst. VERY GOOD.

Haven't been this excited about a "school life" show since I watched the brilliance that was Aku no Hana(still want a sequel :().

And to boot the visuals are quite nice too and there's some quite good scene composition involved to portray the character's thoughts and relationships.

Hopefully it gets way darker.

8/10 for first episode
Jan 16, 2017 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
"I'm pretty good-looking, you know."

“You were so bright... shining... Like... the sun!” ☆
Jan 16, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2016
kind of dull but interesting, tbh i love the evil twist here with them now "date" but i feel i going to be enjoying this serie very much!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jan 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
If you want to see and hear something beautiful:

Rewatch the key scene of episode 1, when both make their promise. Timecode 19:48.

While you do, follow the OST... this haunting piano+strings piece, which grows in intensity up to the pinky finger promise. This piece has been written for this very scene, no doubt. Gave me goosebumps. I absolutely want the CD.

In the modern times, when animes seem to be tossed together cheaply to make a quick buck, this attention to detail has become rare.

Lovely.
Jan 16, 2017 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty interesting first episode, I'm intrigued. I like both Hanabi and Mugi, and it will be entertaining to see how their strange relationship works.
Jan 16, 2017 7:34 PM

Nov 2013
Interesting episode, characters are likeable and relateable at this point. I hope this isn't going to be ruined at some point in the series.

The art is 10/10 for me, I love the style
Jan 17, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2012
Woah! I never expected this anime to be good :O

Jan 17, 2017 9:03 AM
Jan 2017
Hate it really much . Sorry to say it but anime like this is suck . How can they live in lies to love each other i think it just an action dor their selfish and just to feel like they are with the people their love they have done some thing that cross the line .
Jan 17, 2017 7:12 PM

May 2016
dem virgin basement dwellers won't like this type of story or theme for sure.

ok jk aside.
They rearranged what happened but nevertheless it's a good adaption. And go without saying it's better than your typical romance that can't even hold hand during the whole 12/24 episodes.
And I like the theme that they're exploring right now. I hope the anime can bring out the main theme and sub theme that come along with "love" faithfully.
Jan 17, 2017 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
i'm interested in this show. not your typical waiting 25 episodes for a kiss type of shoujo. GOOD. interesting relationship dynamicc.... interested to see how this will be played out. i haven't seen the manga but I kind of what to see it animated first. idk why. i might read the manga actually LMFAO someone tell me if i should.
Xtina is my mother!
Jan 18, 2017 6:36 AM
Dec 2009
Fredo_p said:
SilverDio said:
WARNING! WARNING!
You are going to watch some sick stuff and hate some characters. The title doesn't lie, most of them are scum.

This is a fun ride and the art is amazing... but prepare for what's coming.

Dude. You totally killed my hopes and dream for a horrible journey into a possibly happy and damaged ending. Now I'm nervous as F*CK.......where's the popcorn.

Same, as someone who came into this blind I had no idea what I was getting into. Interesting to see how this show is already and controversial, and I'll admit I felt a bit uncomfortable watching it at times (I feel bad for the main characters but don't like them and can't imagine myself doing things as they are). Looking forward to see where this goes, I think I'm going to try and stay uninvolved and just get some popcorn too! haha
Jan 18, 2017 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
Not a bad start at all, picking this up.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 18, 2017 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
First episode just felt like a prologue. It started slow but I really like the friendly relationship between Mugi and Hanabi, although the "I love my big-brother-who's-not-related-to-me" cliché is getting a bit old.

I actually have some hopes for this anime, especially since it focuses on a relationship beyond I like this person - how do I deal with this - Shit! love triangle - confession - anime over
Jan 18, 2017 4:02 PM

Apr 2016
Hook, line, and sinker. This one is going to be a ride.
Jan 18, 2017 4:54 PM

Oct 2016
Just great! In my personal opinion the introduction of this chapter seemed hundreds of times better to the 2 chapters already issued by Seiren.
Seriously, this anime deserves the best!
Let's see how it goes until the end ....
Jan 18, 2017 5:45 PM

Mar 2011
I went out for almost a year and then shoujo anime is now labeled as seinen, at least seems to be a good shoujo anime.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.