Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was really fun, seeing Yowamushi Pedal again and hearing the theme song, almost a bit nostalgic..

I think this episode reintroduced the idea of cycling and characters back in a decent way. While there isn't any intense races just yet, we got the characters in this already in this to fire up the competition. OST is good, at least from what I remember. I'm just really happy to see Yowamushi Pedal again :>
Jan 9, 2017 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:
I'm just really happy to see Yowamushi Pedal again :>

Basically this.
Opening is is ok but nowhere near the first season's Openings.
Jan 9, 2017 10:28 AM

Jan 2015
Hey Onoda is back, it's surely been a while. And yeah, just like the Title... It's time for your "generation" Trio to take the spotlight.
Is it just me, or... Imaizumi's chin is more like from Gakuen Handsome? LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 9, 2017 1:02 PM

Oct 2011
I'm so happy to see all the characters again! Also Onoda's t-shirt in the beginning, 'best boy' omg

Even though I'm really sad that the 3rd years will graduate, I'm curious to see the new characters and character development in the anime!
Jan 9, 2017 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
I liked the conversations between Onoda and Makishima. Though Makishima is not one of my favourites, I really like how much Onoda admires him.
Jan 9, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
reioshfxdkosingreoislj my cycling children are back and all is right with the world, I'm crying happy tears. It's gonna be sooo sad with the 3rd years graduating but I'm also excited to see the new characters, who the ED got me hyped for. Ashikiba is my favorite of them from what I've read of the manga <3
Jan 9, 2017 1:51 PM
Jun 2016
Well things got pretty real there at the end. Main trio all got powerups early on but got knocked down a peg.

Looks like Onoda still has to level up.
Jan 9, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
Onoda's mother is really funny.
With Makishima leaving, Onoda started to feel the pressure.
Jan 9, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Even after winning the inter high there's still much to improve.
Interested where this goes from here.
Jan 9, 2017 4:22 PM

Sep 2010
It's back and I am so happy to see it again.

Still I didn't thought that the first episode will mercilessly strike with the "feels" like this. Usually when third years leave in the sport anime it happens after the "Last tournament". Sure the last tournament happened but that how season ended as well, yet here on the very first episode we got struck with the feels right away, Mashima especially.

Still this sets up the good start for the series and especially for Onoda. After all Onoda might have been good but in the end he had only half a year of racing experience. There are endless amount of trials before he becomes OPOP.

I am calling a little BS on the fact that they got reck by the second years but oh well, everyone can improve and the first years let their guard down.
Jan 9, 2017 4:25 PM
Jan 2014
Great episode, good intro with a bit of tension... much more to come!

It would have been nice to have a 1 hour episode, or ep 1 and 2 in the season premiere. But I'm satisfied. Quality is good as usual, music is great, nice cliffhanger.
I like manga and anime... even while I'm relatively new to this genre(s).
Jan 9, 2017 4:57 PM

Dec 2014
Yowamushi Pedal is back. :D

Great starting episode, so glad to see all the characters again.

Looks like our main trio's got new bikes, the glee on Imaizumi and Onoda's faces when they got there new bikes. :D

I am so glad they kept the old OST, I started grinning like an idiot when the remix of Sakamichi played. XD

It's sad to see the 3rd years graduate, especially Makishima. Onoda's devastated. :(
Looks like the 2nd years have improved loads as well, they even beat out Naruko and Imaizumi.

There's more training to be done, more places to improve and it's time to bounce back from the hole left by the 3rd years. Let's go Souhoku 2nd Generation. :D
Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 9, 2017 5:45 PM

Feb 2013
I'm so happy to see these charas again!!!!!! I'm so psyched for this!!! <333
Jan 9, 2017 7:05 PM

Sep 2015
Im happy for the Second Years now being able to participle in the Inter High!
Jan 9, 2017 8:53 PM

Aug 2012
Thank the cycling gods this is back. The OP isn't as great as the others but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

But man...those upgrades....Imaizumi's new groupset...Naruko's wheels....and Onoda's new BMC is sooooo sexy!! Extremely accurate that it'll take him some time to get used to the lighter bike since the way you ride is completely different with a heavier one.

Well, kind of good and bad that they did what they did with the movie. I was kind of hoping they would just follow from it instead of (I assume) going straight with the manga with Makishima.

Anyway, can't wait for my boy Midousuji to take the stage, his shots in the OP were the hypest of all.
Jan 9, 2017 10:25 PM

Apr 2013
Bikes are back! Been waiting for this. The Yowa cosplay numbers have been tiny recently. Hopefully this brings some of them back.

Gonna keep cosplaying s1 Izumida though @_@ don't want to have to get a wig for his s2 counterpart, lol
Jan 10, 2017 12:36 AM

Aug 2015
Loved the first episode. I'm sooo happy to get back into Yowamushi Pedal again. Sad to see the 3rd years graduate though, but it also means new characters which I'm really looking forward to!
Jan 10, 2017 1:07 AM

Dec 2014
So happy it's back <3
Jan 10, 2017 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
his mom is funny lol and he got a new bike!!
the OP is amazing as always
Jan 10, 2017 1:28 AM

Oct 2012
Makishima best senpai
Jan 10, 2017 3:45 AM

Apr 2011
I am incredibly saddened that Makishima will be moving abroad. Either way, Yowamushi Pedal has once again arrived, let the tears begin.

Does anyone know how many episodes this will count? I fear 12, but I am hoping for a number somewhere similar to the first season.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 10, 2017 5:22 AM

Feb 2011
So Onoda won the Inter High by himself, lasted the most out of all the others and now all of a sudden he is the weakest and can't catch up with them ? What the fuck is this bullshit ?
Jan 10, 2017 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
Lestat- said:

Does anyone know how many episodes this will count? I fear 12, but I am hoping for a number somewhere similar to the first season.

25 episodes
https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/818603730027151360
Jan 10, 2017 5:55 AM

Aug 2014
BRING ON THE HYPE

Really happy that the second years are getting more screen time, every team being forced to change is going to be this season's best aspect I think.
Jan 10, 2017 7:39 AM

Jul 2016
All aboard the cycling hell traaaaiiiin!

I'm so happy right now I don't really know what to say. So great to see them again, this anime never really left me. And of course they're hitting us with the feels right from the start :D isn't this what happened in the movie, more or less?

Now...when's Midousuji coming out of his hell hole
Jan 10, 2017 9:42 AM

May 2013
No Rookiez is Punk'd for the Opening or Ending? This shit is criminal!
Jan 10, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2007
My babies are back!And finally...finally!Junta is going to get all the well deserved screen time and steal all your hearts.
Jan 10, 2017 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
i noticed its the same thing as the movie, should i watch the first few episodes or is it exactly the same?

also i noticed its not linked as a sequel to the previous seasons.
Jan 10, 2017 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
Ya-Shiro said:
i noticed its the same thing as the movie, should i watch the first few episodes or is it exactly the same?

it's not the same...there are some scenes that were in the movie but otherwise it's pretty different.
Jan 10, 2017 4:10 PM

Aug 2010
I watched the movie but the scenes with Makishima still made me so sad 😭😭😭 And poor baby Onoda struggling without him. I wonder if they're going to animate the whole movie in the anime? Or would they just skip the whole race together? Doesn't make sense for them to do that. Nevertheless I'm glad bicycle babies are back 😊 Cute extra at the end as usual
Jan 10, 2017 6:07 PM

Nov 2015
Makishima no, he's gone.

Jan 10, 2017 7:02 PM

Nov 2014
damn it seems like sakamichi needs some tough training to catch up now!
I like how the mangaka focused on details and made aoyagi's hair longer. In many other animes, it seemed that time is a commonly ignored element. The characters all look the same and dressed the same. Unreal.

Jan 11, 2017 12:40 AM

Oct 2011
Yowamushi pedal is back ahhhhh.
Op and ed song yes
Third years leaving omfg😭😭😭😭
Jan 11, 2017 8:04 AM
Dec 2014
Seeing a store giving bnc and scott bikes, make you feel is cheap a bike, only in fantasy. Bikes like that are expencives as hell. D=
Jan 11, 2017 9:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great first episode with of all!!!!

New bicycles for the "rookies" of the first grade, fortress for the second grade and bye bye of the third grade...but the best was.... The Sakamichi´s mother!!!!

8/10 for this great beggining of a series don´t loses rhythm!!!!
Jan 11, 2017 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
Love it!!! Can't wait to see more
Jan 12, 2017 8:03 AM
Mar 2013
It was a nice re-introduction to the series and the theme of cycling, so to speak. Really enjoyed seeig the characters again and I like that the second years are finally getting some focus.

I did notice that the power levels have essentially been reset. By this, I mean the second years are overwhelmingly better than Naruko and Imaizumi and Onoda is the weakest team member. After having beaten the second years earlier and given Onoda's success for the club I would have expected some changes.
Jan 14, 2017 3:24 PM

Oct 2013
I thought it was an alright episode. Haha Naruko and Imaizumi got beat.
Jan 15, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2014
So, bets on how many times they say "carry our wishes...." this season?
Jan 19, 2017 12:52 AM
Mar 2012
Yay the real bike show is back, already some tenseness & drama.
rip Makishima... moment with Onoda was nice.
Wow fancy bikes, carbon bmc, deep rim. Didnt know electric gearshift exists.
Man i still use a full metal bike, tempted to get alum/carbon.
op/ed nice.
Jan 19, 2017 7:36 AM

Jul 2010
Honestly, I wasn't going to watch this season because the previous one felt somewhat tiresome, but then got curious about PV and it seemed promising.

Onoda's mom was funny.
The main trio got new equipment - exciting!
Teshima and Aoyagi who were behind the scenes before becoming captain and vice-captain is an interesting turn of events. They both look quite strong.
A lot of feels and nostalgic moments, friendly races included.
Will miss Makishima, always so nice and cool.

In general, the first episode was really good and it got my hopes high. In case you decided to browse discussions before watching just as I did - I totally recommend to give it a try.
Stray-FukurouJan 19, 2017 8:17 AM
Jan 19, 2017 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
get ready and get pumped-up for S3 of Yomamushi!!!
Damn! I really like the new carbon fiber ultra light frame new bike of Onoda because Yellow is also my fave color!
Imauzimi & Naruko also now new equipments!
The only thing that I didn't like is Makishima's early withdrawal from the club!
New Generations, that means the two 2nd years Aoyagi & Teshima will be carrying over the team since the 3rd years Kinjou, Tadokoro & Makishima would be graduating.
5/5!

Feb 18, 2017 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
AHH THIS IS SO GOOD THOSE SECOND YEARS HAD A REAL GLO UP
Apr 19, 2017 9:42 AM

Jan 2015
Damn it was so nice and heartwarming to see my boys back <3 and girl, don't forget Miki, she became so much cuter, well all characters changed. Imaizumi bulked up a bit, Naruko's hair color is a bit different. Onoda is still the same Onoda. Sugimoto changed too, he looks a bit different and defnitely looks stronger. But the most changes were with Teshima and Aoyagi. DAAAAAAMN. They look so sexy and freaking badass? or is it just me? Not to mention they are in a much stronger form, they trained so hard so hard, they were looking forward to inter high last year and now that their team won without them, it gives them so much pressure to perform better, so they trained so hard, so hard and look they are much stronger, it all worked out. I didn't like them last season, but now I will be lying if i said that i'm anything else but a fanboy.

Glad that we got to see mothers reaction, cause i thought they forgot to include it last season. His mother is realy oblivious isnt she hehe, but at least she saw her boy Onoda in the magazine, it might've been really really heartwarming for a mother. I wonder if by love Miki meant love for her <3 i really wish for Imaizumi x Miki.
Their bikes got upgrades, nothing unusual, but it still looks awesome and a change is great.
And damn with the feels with Makishima leaving T_T so glad that they rode together last time with Onoda, glad Onoda went with his feeling. Seeing Kinjou give away his captain position was really touching as well, he still didn't win and couldnt perform well because of his knee last inter high, i'm still sad for him T_T Teshima is a new captain tho and he looks damn awesome, time to defend the title.
Sep 13, 2017 8:44 PM

Mar 2015
I'm so so glad we get a third season for this incredible anime.. yet in spite of this it's also bittersweet to see time move forward and the inevitable happen i.e. third years retiring and things changing
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 27, 2021 8:05 AM

Jul 2015
With the goal of Inter-High reached last season, I'm looking forward to see how the next generation of Sohoku team will fare without the third-years and them taking the next step. Despite some repeated scenes from the movie, still sad to see Onoda so dejected after Makishima is going away a lot earlier.

Nov 16, 2022 7:36 AM

Jan 2011
Not sure if I watched in the right order but so far this episode is similar to the movie.

Edit: Wrote "the the" instead of "to the"
May 30, 2023 7:08 PM

Feb 2019
first episode & the feels are strong. it was hinted at the end of last season, but i had a feeling Onoda would be the one feeling Makishima's early departure the most, it is affecting his biking!
Feb 2, 12:14 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Can someone explain to me, is his mother just trolling, or does she really have 40 IQ? Like wtf, I think she's trolling and it's not even funny.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

59 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2017

22 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 6:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.