Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 26, 2016 2:01 AM

Nov 2009
@HatsumiShinogu
Don't feed the troll, because uh, Hush is a main character like Orga? This user, Sekito325, is either trolling hard or is living in their fantasy land that has nothing to do with the real world or this show's content.

trinitytiger said:
I love the Mika/Kudelia/Atra trio but I feel like Kudelia really needs to be removed from this kiddie harem bullsh!t.

Season 1 Kudelia was one thing but now she's maturing a lot more and a lot faster. She's becoming closer to who she set out to be and just having her character deal with Atra's immaturity about sharing Mika is keeping her down. Kudelia needs to be more involved with the political aspects of this season than she already is.
You put into words everything I struggled to express. Thanks!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 26, 2016 5:02 AM

May 2014
Felt so bad for Mika this episode..
Damn this anime keeps impressing with it's storytelling and the way to covey the characters feelings.

I don't even know what'll happen from now on, but I know that it won't be good.. ugh

Dec 26, 2016 5:10 AM
May 2014
Damn_Animal said:
i dont get why Mika cant get some prosthetic limbs we have giant fighting robots but cant build the man a leg or arm?

Great episode but definitely showing us this isnt going to be a happy ending

What makes you think he could use a prosthetic limb? It needs the same nerves and muscles to work after all.
Dec 26, 2016 6:13 AM

Jan 2008
trinitytiger said:
I love the Mika/Kudelia/Atra trio but I feel like Kudelia really needs to be removed from this kiddie harem bullsh!t.

Season 1 Kudelia was one thing but now she's maturing a lot more and a lot faster. She's becoming closer to who she set out to be and just having her character deal with Atra's immaturity about sharing Mika is keeping her down. Kudelia needs to be more involved with the political aspects of this season than she already is.

I so agree with you. Kudelia looks more mature this season that I don't want her in a love triangle or a harem. Not to mention that she looks older compared to the 1st season while both Atra and Mikazuki look younger.

I just hope that she just gets to do what she set out to do right from the start. I'm sure meeting Mikazuki and the others kind of halted her plans and not to forget her feelings for Mikazuki but I hope she ends up doing what's best, political-wise, without letting her feelings get in the way.

I feel that whenever Kudelia is thinking of making an important decision, she keeps looking at the bracelet Atra gave her. It's as if she knows what must be done but still doesn't want to let go.
Dec 26, 2016 6:52 AM
Dec 2016
EP 45. fareed will convice orga to have mika on a true form alaya-vijnana. mika will be part of barbatos and will never be on human form.
Dec 26, 2016 7:53 AM

Sep 2011
Acinonyx said:
I have a feeling that the fallout of this episode is going to lead to a tragedy that none of us saw coming. There is so much here that is breaking from Gundam tradition that I don't even know what to think anymore. Please no more beam weapons, though.
Mika is probably the only gundam protagonist since uso that has actually legit made me believe they could possibly die in their own series. Hell with uso it was more like a false spoiler i got clouded my judgement a bit since he didnt really have death flag but here mika has pretty much solidified that he will die.

Ever since the final ep of season 1 I have always had the idea that mika is going to wind up like ein. This episode more or less put that in stone. Poor murder manlet.

Damn_Animal said:
i dont get why Mika cant get some prosthetic limbs we have giant fighting robots but cant build the man a leg or arm?

I dont think its ever been shown that this stuff exists in this universe any more than it does in ours(as in controllable limbs), but we will see since we dont know whats keeping gaelio alive, its possible that glowing helmet of his is keeping him moving from wounds similar to mika. I just think the issue now with mika is he could of gotten a prosthetic with his previous injury but they said this new one is his entire right side of his body, he cant control anything over there even with a prosthetic.
JizzyHitlerDec 26, 2016 7:59 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 26, 2016 9:10 AM
Sep 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Awesome episode.

Barbatos vs Mobile Armor fight was simply fantastic, The animation and Barbato's agile moves were so amazing to watch.

Damn Mika. :( Feel really bad for the guy, Half of his body is paralyzed and he's given up his life for Orga.

Orga's conversation with Naze really hit hard, Even though he's striving for his goal to make life easier for everyone at Tekkadan, Is the goal really worth the loss that will incurred in the journey to it? :(
Seeing Orga beat himself up over this and trying to justify his actions was really hard, Mika's conviction is really awesome. Despite everything he's going through, At the end of the day he's still willing to put his life on the line for Orga. I suppose Mika's unyielding loyalty is something that always reassures Orga and gives him the confidence to move forward.

Atra asking Kudelia to have a baby with Mika was funny. xD

Mika's actions have aroused a certain idea in Fareed. How far is Fareed willing to take the ideal of the hegemony of power in revolution?

I'll put in my 2 cents here. Orga himself is trying to lead his people through the darkness of possibilities, hoping that the path will take him to become "King of Mars". But at the same time he's dangerously close to insanity, which I'm starting to worry. Of all the protagonist factions out there (I only watch every Gundam series from SEED onwards), he is very dangerously on the tipping point between a bad and a good guy. Hopefully he doesn't go insane from losing those close to him in the future episodes.

This series is going to so many directions I'm getting a bit uneasy. Yet the only one that cracks me up is Atra and Kudelia. The former's suggestion really caught me off-guard.

Also, I do hear a lot of people thinking that Mikazuki should get some form of support, even a miniature AV system to help him get back on his feet. But unlike the GN Drive, I don't know if it even is possible since no one has ever used the system to support a crippled person like Mikazuki. Who knows what the writers have in mind, but as of right now getting our hero to walk again is a far as a dream at this point.
Dec 26, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
The relationship between Mika and Orga is so twisted that I find it really compelling, I'm still really looking forward to see their past properly.
On another note, the action scene at the beginning was pretty fantastic, which is part of why I'm finding this season much more exciting than the previous one.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Dec 26, 2016 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
Hush is the new Barbatos.

Anyway, that battle was great but at what cost? The only thing Orga can show him now is a worthy death. The end of the episode almost brought tears to my eyes. Mika already made it clear that he's not going to get where Orga wanted to take him. He has no future beyond these battles and will only ever get a glimpse of the life he fought so hard for.
Dec 26, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
holy shit that was an epic fight but damn is Mika paralyzed or what? and we have NTR now?
Dec 26, 2016 4:31 PM

Jan 2011
So with this episode, this anime is going back to its War is Hell trope by showing it take its toll on Mikazuki again.
Not just his arms and legs, but also we can see he never really wanted a world without fighting despite supposedly fighting for it.

Also McGillis becomes even more twisted (how is that even possible), and Mika's harem is going to hatch a plan inherit his seed with or without his consent probably.
Dec 26, 2016 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
"Have a baby with Mikazuki!" Atra, where the hell did that come from and shouldn't you be the one to do that?!

Orga, please stop this. This is not going to end well for anybody. I'm seeing death flags being raised EVERYWHERE.
Dec 26, 2016 6:11 PM
Dec 2012
Turtles_Leader said:

mtgowns said:
I swear to Jesus if this anime pulls the "shared consciousness leads to world peace" trope that is a staple in most other Gundams my rating will go from a 10 to a 6.
What are you talking about, the collective consciousness is only a thing in 00. I mean, there is far more "A war to end all wars" bullshit than the collective consciousness

eh, plenty of the whole shared consciousness crap in the UC continuum
Dec 26, 2016 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
Mika keeps up fighting this way, and he's probably gonna end up in the same state as ein or worse.

Really laughed hard when atra asked kudelia to have a baby with mika.

Dec 26, 2016 8:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm thinking the death toll is going to rise sooner rather than later in IBO. Too much intensity all over the place.

Poor Atra. She doesn't understand that once a man has tasted the Gundam, there is no other love.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 26, 2016 10:09 PM

Sep 2013
SacredFactor said:
So with this episode, this anime is going back to its War is Hell trope by showing it take its toll on Mikazuki again.
Not just his arms and legs, but also we can see he never really wanted a world without fighting despite supposedly fighting for it.

I disagree. It's not that Mika never wanted a peaceful world, it's that he simply didn't know what his purpose would be in such a world. War has been his entire life. FFS, it goes far beyond him simply not even knowing how to use money. He doesn't know how to WANT in the first place. And now that his body is half-broken, his simplistic mind has seen how he fits into this peaceful world he's helping to create with 1 very simple answer: he won't make it to that world alive so he might as well not worry about it.
Farabeuf said:
Poor Atra. She doesn't understand that once a man has tasted the Gundam, there is no other love.
As horrifying as this episode was, I felt bad for laughing at that. Thanks nonetheless.
Dec 27, 2016 12:25 AM

Jan 2011
Old_Raven said:

I disagree. It's not that Mika never wanted a peaceful world, it's that he simply didn't know what his purpose would be in such a world. War has been his entire life. FFS, it goes far beyond him simply not even knowing how to use money. He doesn't know how to WANT in the first place. And now that his body is half-broken, his simplistic mind has seen how he fits into this peaceful world he's helping to create with 1 very simple answer: he won't make it to that world alive so he might as well not worry about it.

Yeah, I should have worded that differently. I meant Mikazuki probably feels and has been this entire time; that he has no place in a world where fighting doesn't exist.
In comparison to most of the other Tekkadan members that we see who are finally excited about starting things like reading, going to school, or using their money to support their family, he doesn't exhibit as much of an interest.
Though that doesn't mean he doesn't care about their goals to do these things, he cares about other people who is in their group.

It's sad to see him willingly throw everything else he has left remaining despite the fact that this affects other people.
Dec 27, 2016 3:00 AM

Oct 2009
After all these years of Gundam, that was probably the most chaotic one yet!

Also Mika's love for the Gundam might actually surpass Setsuna XD
That bromance scene at the end was powerful, really looking forward to where this leads.

Score increased to 10/10!
Dec 27, 2016 12:53 PM
Jul 2015
Well, this is certainly a somber episode, though I myself personally don't give a crap about the murder manlet. I can sympathize with those that care about him. Watching a person you know be so apathetic to his own situation is hard to deal with. But it isn't like it will stop Mikazuki from getting in the suit, and no one's going to stop him either, because the anime staff knows that Mikazuki savagery is as big a part of IBO as much as it's mobile suit designs. Too bad the staff made him so integral as Tekkadan ace's to the point they can't hope to win a single battle without him.
AoiHonooDec 27, 2016 12:56 PM
Dec 27, 2016 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
Farabeuf said:
I'm thinking the death toll is going to rise sooner rather than later in IBO. Too much intensity all over the place.
I dont think IBO will be any different than other gundam's, deaths will only be at the very end.

The only people i could really buy dying before the finale are atra, naze, rustal and his people, and thats about it. I dont think any of tekkadan is gonna lose people till the final 3 or 4 episodes.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2016 7:18 PM

Oct 2008
That's a lot of price to pay...on what happened to Mikazuki (being handicapped on his while right body part.
That Barbatos fight was SAVAGE AWESOME!
McGillis Fareed villainous eyes is a bit intimidating!
LOL at Atra, did she just ordered Kudelia to make lovey dovey with Mikazuki so that there would be higher generation offspring that would fight for Tekkadan in the future!?
Orga is hurting himself because Mikazuki said that his life is over when there's no more fighting.
For sure there's no good ending upon this one!
5/5.

Dec 27, 2016 8:49 PM

Feb 2012
It seems eventually Mika will not be able to become separated from the machine. Sacrifice ending confirmed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2014
I just realized this might be the best gundam ever.

Actual downsides for the MC when using crazy combat power
Evolving characters
etc.

Awesome episode! Atra asking Kudelia to get a baby with mika was hillarious! Harem ftw.
I hope McGillis wont turn "evil" somehow. I like that he wants to reform the military for the better.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 28, 2016 4:11 PM
Dec 2016
Damn... 2 weeks break till next episode (+new OP/ED hopefully)... Can I survive this 2 weeks?
Dec 28, 2016 7:59 PM

Sep 2013
Decaboyz said:
Damn... 2 weeks break till next episode (+new OP/ED hopefully)... Can I survive this 2 weeks?

godsdammit, is this true? #2017alreadysucks
Dec 29, 2016 3:41 AM

Jan 2008
Decaboyz said:

The next episode won't air on January 8? I thought it will only be on break on January 1?
Dec 29, 2016 7:06 AM

Nov 2009
HatsumiShinogu said:
The next episode won't air on January 8? I thought it will only be on break on January 1?
Episode 14 (39) will air on January 15. On January 8 there will be a special It's not too late to start watching Gundam IBO even now! So yeah, more than 2 weeks without IBO is ahead of us.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 30, 2016 8:35 AM

Apr 2014
CG said:
HatsumiShinogu said:
Episode 14 (39) will air on January 15. On January 8 there will be a special It's not too late to start watching Gundam IBO even now! So yeah, more than 2 weeks without IBO is ahead of us.

Goddamnit. Such an awful start for 2017.
Dec 30, 2016 9:41 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know why, but I've got a feeling that Mika will become one with his Barbatos, become Barbatos itself...
And that battle really intense. And... Kudelia being told to have baby with Mika by Atra, that's really something. But for a man with Gundam, woman is nothing... lol.
Dec 30, 2016 9:51 AM
Mar 2012
wow that Barbatos fight was intense & wild.
Mika takes the dont-think-just-do route even more, since he's stuck with Barbatos, he's stuck fighting. Interesting & difficult position it places on Orga's conscience.
Atra: make babies. Lol did she like, break?
Aina still angsty, maybe babies is the answer to world peace.
Iok: i gotta shine man, SHINE.
Dec 31, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
The good:
Mika vs that mobile armor was probably the best battle in the series so far. Good stuff.

The bad:
Everything else.

Whoever did the storyboarding/directing is an idiot. You do NOT open with the best action then close with slow crap. This series is full of this garbage. Seed, 00, Wing... way better.

Still, that was a great fight, while it lasted.
Jan 1, 2017 12:11 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Jan 1, 2017 6:04 AM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
No new episode this week.

New Year stuff?
I was kinda expecting no episode this week, but it still kinda makes me a bit sad.
Jan 1, 2017 4:21 PM

Jan 2008
CG said:
Atra requesting Kudelia go make babies with Mika was uh lol Gee, Atra, why don't you go do that yourself with Mika? We know you want to!

I'm fairly certain that Atra cannot have babies., given her abuse during her developing years. Rememebr, she's 16. She only looks much younger because of malnutrition and abuse during her younger years.
Jan 1, 2017 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Damn_Animal said:
He still needs those limbs when he enters the gundam to fight. Thats why ths situation is fucked mika is residing his only purpose in life as a weapon now even though he will die because of it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 2, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2009
DmonHiro said:
I'm fairly certain that Atra cannot have babies., given her abuse during her developing years. Rememebr, she's 16. She only looks much younger because of malnutrition and abuse during her younger years.
We know nothing of the sort. We don't even know her age for certain, except that she's about the same age as Mika. Kudelia is the only one whose age we were given at the beginning - 16. The rest, like Mika and Atra being a little younger than Kudelia at the time, that is 15, Orga being a little older, that is 17, are just assumptions. Atra incapable of bearing children is nothing but another assumption too, completely unfounded at that. Yes, she was underfed and abused (physically, not sexually) until she was 10 and taken in by Haba's bakery lady, which is why she's underdeveloped, but claiming that she's baren just because of that (and with no sexual abuse, too) is clearly too much of a stretch. As it was pointed out by someone on another forum, what we have here is the obvious case of Atra projecting her own feelings onto Kudelia because of her self-esteem issues. She thinks very little of herself and is under the impression that Kudelia is a better woman, better suited to the task than she ever could be, and her thinking has nothing to do with the actual child-bearing ability but with the issues in her psychological mindset, resulting in a hilarious but at the same time sad situation.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 2, 2017 1:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
When you got your ship and one of the girls in your ship tells the other girl in the ship to have another character's baby. :C

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 2, 2017 8:28 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was amazing!! Love it!

My prediction: McGillis made Hush joins the dark side and gives him Bael Gundam!.
Jan 3, 2017 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even know what to say... i'm speechless.
It was great to see Barbatos destroying that MA but at what cost...
I really really hope that Mikazuki will heal and will stand on his both feet.
Wtf was that proposal Atra? Maybe she realized that Mika will eventually die and make him a father is the best option? I really hope no!!! We want Mika to be alive and to stay by Orga's side.
I really don't know how to feel after this episode...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 7, 2017 4:30 PM

Apr 2015
Sunrise i love you!! This anime is getting better each episode.

Mika and Orga relationship is really harmful to both of them, but honestly, at this point I don't think they care anymore

Finally someone told the truth to Orga. Naze is such a good advisor. This King of Mars title is an utopia
Jan 8, 2017 12:33 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like some sort of live action special today...still no new episode this week.
Jan 8, 2017 2:39 AM

Apr 2010
Stark700 said:
Looks like some sort of live action special today...still no new episode this week.

so now it's going to be 3 weeks of no IBO?? withdrawal symptoms activate!!
Jan 8, 2017 3:04 AM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:

FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!
Jan 8, 2017 10:14 AM

Nov 2013
@Stark700 I love how they didn't make any kind of announcement or something for the fans/watchers to let us now, heh.

Jan 8, 2017 2:13 PM
Aug 2012
soaru said:
@Stark700 I love how they didn't make any kind of announcement or something for the fans/watchers to let us now, heh.

They did on their Twitter account.
Jan 8, 2017 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
@K-Anime wow thanks, much help but I'm not on twitter therefore didn't know :)

Jan 8, 2017 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just want to see my favorite cripple again before going back to school.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 8, 2017 11:15 PM
May 2012
Stark700 said:

Wait, hold on.

There was a live action special yesterday? I didn't know about this.

This is makes me wonder where the hell is EP14. God, this makes me feel impatient even more.
Jan 12, 2017 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
Ugh seeing that ending with them as kids after that last scene was heartbreaking. Like damn Mika you're not really living. I'd argue you lived more when you were a kid in the slums.

I cry so much T-T

How old is Atra again? When she asked Kudelia to have a baby with Mika all i could think was "wait...why can't you? are you even old enough?" but nah she probably just said that to be selfless and she still thinks Kudelia is the better match (wrong. Girl you need to be with Mika.)

In other news, when the hell is Kujan gonna die? THESE ANNOYING CHARACTERS ALWAYS LAST SO LONG!!! HE'S PAINFUL TO WATCH.
InugirlzJan 12, 2017 11:05 AM
Jan 14, 2017 8:18 AM

Jun 2013
Mika's legs are fucked up. Will he be fully paralyzed when he goes back into Barbatos?

Even Atra ships Mika x Kudelia. Honestly, I think Kudelia should die, it would be more dramatic. I want to see Mika's reaction to that since he doesn't seem to react in any way.
臭い-
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.