Forum Settings
Forums

P.A. Works Original Anime 'Sakura Quest' to Air in Spring 2017

New
Dec 6, 2016 9:29 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An official website has been launched by P.A. Works to announce that an original anime titled Sakura Quest will air in April 2017. The staff, cast members and a key visual (pictured) have also been revealed. More information regarding the anime will be announced at a press conference with the cast members on December 14, 2016, which will also be streamed via Niconico.

Synopsis
In the wake of a nationwide movement during the Bubble economy period, a small town in the countryside has revived its "mini-nation" tourism program; hiring five girls as travel ambassadors. The series will follow a year's time of the five girls as they work in the tourism agency of a small failing town in an effort to reinvigorate it.

Staff
Original Work: Alexandre S. D. Celibidache
Director: Souichi Masui (Scrapped Princess)
Series Composition: Masahiro Yokotani (Hataraku Maou-sama!)
Original Character Design: BUNBUN (Shuumatsu no Izetta)
Character Design: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako)
Studio: P.A. Works

Cast
Yoshino Koharu: Ayaka Nanase (Servamp)
Shiori Shinomiya: Reina Ueda (Dimension W)
Maki Midorikawa: Chika Anzai (Hibike! Euphonium)
Ririko Oribe: Chiemi Tanaka (Sansha Sanyou)
Sanae Kouzuki: Mikako Komatsu (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)

Official site: http://sakura-quest.com/
Official Twitter: @sakuraquest_PR

Source: Moca News

Sakura Quest on MAL
VindstotDec 7, 2016 12:17 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2016 9:30 PM

Nov 2011
Another 'working theme' series by P.A. Works. Interesting. I have high expectations for this after Shirobako.
Dec 6, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
This sounds good, will definitely check it out.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 6, 2016 9:52 PM

Oct 2015
Shirobako S2 never *cries*
Dec 6, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2015
keepng my expectation low... dunno why, but i can't liking shirobako either....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 6, 2016 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty interested in this one because of the director pick, for the script I'm kinda mixed at the moment, but probably more on the hit because of Re:Zero, Maou-sama, Free, and Magi in a sense.
Dec 6, 2016 10:57 PM

May 2014
Highly excited for this. P.A. Works are best at these type of series. Have high expectations for this after Shirobako and Hanasaku Iroha, which I both loved. Really disappointed that nano.RIPE disbanded as they would've been perfect for this. Concept for this is interesting as well and so are the character descriptions (from ANN). Also key visual and character designs look great.
Dec 6, 2016 11:03 PM

Dec 2013
Can't thank them enough for Shirobako, not even when I purchased those wallet robbing limited edition BDs. So I don't care whatever kind of anime it will turns out later, I'll always support them.
Dec 6, 2016 11:07 PM

Jul 2010
Only P.A Works show I enjoyed recently was Kuromukuro but I enjoyed that since it was something else from them but I dunno about this...
Dec 6, 2016 11:21 PM

Nov 2007
Dylan21 said:
Really disappointed that nano.RIPE disbanded as they would've been perfect for this.
Not really disbanded, just two members left the group. They will still be active with the member change.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2016 11:28 PM

Aug 2013
I will watch it for sure, like almost all their productions.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 7, 2016 1:08 AM

Apr 2016
More original series please :)
Dec 7, 2016 1:38 AM

May 2014
tsubasalover said:
Dylan21 said:
Really disappointed that nano.RIPE disbanded as they would've been perfect for this.
Not really disbanded, just two members left the group. They will still be active with the member change.

Oh okay, saw the article a while back so forgot it was just 2 members leaving, thanks for clarifying. You know if the main female singer with the unique voice is still part of the band? As she's the main reason I love them so much.
Dec 7, 2016 1:39 AM

Apr 2015
This could turn out pretty good. The staff choice isn't that bad, although I would have gotten more out of it if there was someone better to compose the scripts. I hope for something along the lines of Shirobako.
Dec 7, 2016 1:42 AM

Nov 2007
Dylan21 said:
You know if the main female singer with the unique voice is still part of the band? As she's the main reason I love them so much.
The original two members, including the female vocalist, stay, so don't worry (the ones that left are drummer and bassist).
Dec 7, 2016 1:55 AM

Mar 2016
Hamazura said:
Shirobako S2 never *cries*
I feel you, bro... ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Also
tsubasalover said:
Dylan21 said:
did I miss anything? I don't see any part of this article that mentions nano.RIPE ._.
No seriously.
Dec 7, 2016 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
bananyaishope said:
did I miss anything? I don't see any part of this article that mentions nano.RIPE ._.
I'm sorry it was not posted here because I wasn't sure if it's newsworthy, but it was mentioned here on their db as well as on ANN (If I remembered correctly).
Dec 7, 2016 2:15 AM

Jan 2015
New original work animated by P.A Works? I'm in
Dec 7, 2016 2:18 AM

May 2014
tsubasalover said:
bananyaishope said:
I'm sorry it was not posted here because I wasn't sure if it's newsworthy, but it was mentioned here on their db as well as on ANN (If I remembered correctly).

I think he meant that he doesn't see any news about nano.RIPE being part of this anime project.

@tsubasalover Okay that's great news, hopefully nano.RIPE will feature for the OP and maybe some insert songs then.

@bananyaishope I was talking about how I think nano.RIPE would be perfect for this due to the excellent job they did on Hanasaku Iroha.
CapedBaldy21Dec 7, 2016 3:01 AM
Dec 7, 2016 2:21 AM

Mar 2016
Dylan21 said:
@bananyaishope I was talking about how I think nano.RIPE would be perfect for this due to the excellent job they did on Hanasaku Iroha.
Ow, thanks for the clarification ^^
No seriously.
Dec 7, 2016 2:33 AM

Nov 2007
Dylan21 said:
I think they meant that they don't see any news about nano.RIPE being part of this anime project.
Ah, ok. Thanks for explaining.
Dec 7, 2016 2:49 AM

Dec 2014
WE NEED SHIROBAKO S2 HERE ...
Dec 7, 2016 3:27 AM

Apr 2014
Sounds great! Still waiting for Shirobako S2 tho.
Dec 7, 2016 3:41 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Even if it sucks, at least it'll look pretty doing so.

Still, this looks interesting enough.
Dec 7, 2016 3:58 AM

Mar 2016
ExTz_Thomazz said:
Katsu-kun said:
So do we need, like, a petition via Change.org or what? Nevermind, Change.org stinks anyways
No seriously.
Dec 7, 2016 4:01 AM
Apr 2013
Well the key visual isn't very explanatory, but it does seem promising (though it's a bit early to say that)
Tourism could go anywhere, and the cast is nice and solid (enough for me anyway)
The shirobako comments above seem a bit out of place to me, not what I really think would happen, but perhaps it's actually going to be accurate? Well only time will tell.
Dec 7, 2016 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
An anime about tourism? Interesting and a refreshing plot.
Dec 7, 2016 4:31 AM

Jul 2015
looks like another boring Sol
Dec 7, 2016 5:05 AM

Feb 2012
Shirobako instead of anime industry, its tourism industry.

Will def watch ofc.
Dec 7, 2016 5:25 AM

Dec 2014
bananyaishope said:
ExTz_Thomazz said:
Katsu-kun said:
So do we need, like, a petition via Change.org or what? Nevermind, Change.org stinks anyways

I think Petition have no power here
Dec 7, 2016 5:44 AM

Aug 2015
No lolis?? 0/10!! ._.

But will watch anyway since it's PA Works...
Dec 7, 2016 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
Sounds really interesting, I'm all up for it.
P.A. Works is a hit or miss with me, but I believe their work is improving.
Baby, daijobanai...
Dec 7, 2016 6:19 AM

May 2015
You had me already at P.A. Works and BUNBUN.

I would gladly watch anything made by my favorite studio. Excited for this! Staff looks decent (although, I don't have much experience with the director) and the cast looks good.

Since it's another original "working series" by P.A. Works, I bet this one will be a nice treat as well (hopefully). Shirobako and Hanasaku Iroha were both wonderful shows. If not, there will be at least beautiful visuals and great animation~

Dec 7, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2016
Too bad it's not the same director as for shirobako but it's because he's busy with the next "girls und panzers" I suppose (which is a good thing).
Same with the script, will it be different from Shirobako?

That's more uncertainty around the result, but tourism sounds to me like a fresh idea.

Reina's voice in Hibike is beautiful so it's definitely a plus and I like the character design in shirobako too.

We'll see.
Dec 7, 2016 6:56 AM

Sep 2013
Shirobako gets snubbed again.
Dec 7, 2016 7:04 AM

Aug 2012
It's SoL and it's P.A. Works, can't go wrong.
Dec 7, 2016 7:19 AM

Mar 2015
i don't understand why people called it "special"...

"tourism" is very normal thing in anime... with the declining rural condition(the accumulation of population declining and urbanitation that got wersened by japan recession) and OVOP plan, tourism will become really common way to chose...

i can even spelling 4 in my top of my head recently, kuma miko, locodol, barakamon, and nourin... there are lot long run anime give glimse on this theme too.. like gintama and even latest shokugeki no souma (or heck, even every fucking anime that mention rural place always taking glimse on this)... there is also upcoming that "hawaian dance" thing that anounced lately (but with post apocalyps background)....

i don't said it's bad, but i can already hear people will simply prise it because "muh originality"...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 7, 2016 7:41 AM
Dec 2011
Kuma said:

"tourism" is very normal thing in anime... with the declining rural condition(the accumulation of population declining and urbanitation that got wersened by japan recession) and OVOP plan, tourism will become really common way to chose...

i can even spelling 4 in my top of my head recently, kuma miko, locodol, barakamon, and nourin... there are lot long run anime give glimse on this theme too.. like gintama and even latest shokugeki no souma (or heck, even every fucking anime that mention rural place always taking glimse on this)... there is also upcoming that "hawaian dance" thing that anounced lately (but with post apocalyps background)....

i don't said it's bad, but i can already hear people will simply prise it because "muh originality"...

Do you even know what it mean when people discussing about tourism?

The shows you talking about is indeed have tourism, but the characters either working for something else, or just highschooler, this one is about MCs working as tourism agency.

Get it?
Dec 7, 2016 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
Hopefully it's as good as Shirobako. Will definitely watch this.
Dec 7, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2015
D-Joe said:
Kuma said:

The shows you talking about is indeed have tourism, but the characters either working for something else, or just highschooler, this one is about MCs working as tourism agency.

Get it?

that's can apply to anything... looks at new game, servant x service, denki-gai no honya-san, hataraki man,ETC... looks' how each of them treated differently simply because the general theme it self, not goes to specific sub theme like this... again, i don't said it's bad... just seeing double standard on people prejudice... how is this any different?
Dec 7, 2016 8:32 AM

Aug 2015
PA Works never go wrong with work related SOLs so far so I have my faith on this one though with all the recent issues circulating around this studio so far I dunno if the animation quality will match to its previous works which makes me doubt a bit but eehhh let's see
Dec 7, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2007
Hopefully this is as good as Shirobako. The designs certainly drive up that comparison.

No clear read on the cast as director and main writer seem to be mixed bag. Hopefully this is on the better side of their works.

We need more shows that focus on actual intricacies of professions instead of just highschool nonsense. And tourism is kind of neglected theme overall. Last show to ever try anything near that was Rail wars and well...we all know how that went and where the focus went instead.
Dec 7, 2016 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
Did I just spot Aoi chan there?

Anyway good news, more career themed anime are always welcome.
Dec 7, 2016 8:48 AM
Dec 2011
Kuma said:
D-Joe said:

Get it?

that's can apply to anything... looks at new game, servant x service, denki-gai no honya-san, hataraki man,ETC... looks' how each of them treated differently simply because the general theme it self, not goes to specific sub theme like this... again, i don't said it's bad... just seeing double standard on people prejudice... how is this any different?

How about you look at PA Wokrs previous series? you seriously think they don't know about that? i'm not talk about it's good or bad, but it just you don't get it.
Dec 7, 2016 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
I dont know im willing to give this a chance, this seems like one of those shows that could either make me feel all bubbly and good inside or just bore me to tears.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 7, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2008
Sounds interesting. Might watch.
Dec 7, 2016 8:56 AM

Mar 2015
D-Joe said:
Kuma said:

How about you look at PA Wokrs previous series? you seriously think they don't know about that? i'm not talk about it's good or bad, but it just you don't get it.

ehh.. i don't have any grudge agints PA works thou... i like hanasaku iroha and ecentric family... i simply focused in word "original"...
Dec 7, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
Hopefully this is as good as Shirobako. The designs certainly drive up that comparison.

This.

Also I like the seiyuus picked. A mix of new faces and recently popular ones. How far has Anzai Chika come as a voice actress! She was voicing as Taichi's girlfriend and Arata's neighbour until just recently and now she has characters like Chaika, Merry and Reina under her roles. She is even selected for Hanabi. :)

Looking forward to her role the most!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 7, 2016 9:18 AM
Dec 2011
Kuma said:
D-Joe said:

ehh.. i don't have any grudge agints PA works thou... i like hanasaku iroha and ecentric family... i simply focused in word "original"...

It's original show because there is no source material, that's it.
Dec 7, 2016 1:14 PM

Aug 2015
Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for future news.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

14 by CocoaGalaxy »»
26 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.