Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 19, 2016 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
sorry still no interest in watching this ep but the souls kicked in thier bodies was kind real for me creepy
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Nov 19, 2016 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
My rating became 9. Its gotten better. My last rating was 5 and 6, I regret rating this show a low score

Also, that fucking cliffhanger! I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!

But still, that S;G reference though.
Nov 19, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2015
Wait... is this... could this be... A PLOT?!

btw, what do people think of the rationalization behind souls (electric soul bodies bs)? It's a pretty original rationalization that I haven't seen so far, but it just doesn't hold up in a purely scientific sense, which is what they're trying to push.
Nov 19, 2016 8:05 PM

Oct 2011
omfg el psy congroo!!!!
Nov 19, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Wait... is this... could this be... A PLOT?!

btw, what do people think of the rationalization behind souls (electric soul bodies bs)? It's a pretty original rationalization that I haven't seen so far, but it just doesn't hold up in a purely scientific sense, which is what they're trying to push.
I think I've heard of something similar to that theory before probably from school or a book I've read before. I can't remember exactly where though.
Nov 19, 2016 8:44 PM

May 2015
that Steins;Gate reference tho...

but seriously Gamon is dead HOLY SHIT WAT!?!
Nov 19, 2016 9:29 PM
Feb 2016
Whoaaa!! When Yuuta shows up right after Asuna do psychometry on his body I had goosebumps. God! I thought I would be disappointed for this week episode because last week's was a great one but when I watch till the end I had a wonderful time instead.

So it seems most of them just try to accept that they might be dead after looking at the list of victims while some, like Gamon, try to deny the fact and prove that he is actually alive. But when they were discussing about how can they really prove they were alive or death it makes me re-think that is it possible that in our real life those who have died may not realize they have died and actually go through what Gamon and the others experience right now?

Based on what Shun said when Asuna read his memory through psychometry it seems that he really knows what's going on, although not in its entirety, and that he probably have predicted that he might be in danger that's why he left those messages for whomever it is that's going to take on his case. Although, we know that Asuna is capable of doing psychometry but based on what Shun said to his superior(?) it seems he doesn't want her to take on the case which means there must be others who are capable of doing it but does that mean Shun is able to do it to? And I'm truly curious about the organization that Shun and Asuna is working for...

Ah, since we're only left with 5 more episodes I do hope they wrap the show up nicely if they don't intend to make 2nd season.
missimperfectNov 19, 2016 9:34 PM
Nov 19, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2016
confirmed! they're all dead but im still confiused of what's going on .. im quite interested to asuna since her psychometry is quite unique and I think she saw gamo who staring at his own corpse.
Sumeragi_YuitoNov 19, 2016 10:45 PM
Nov 19, 2016 10:36 PM

Oct 2012
jc9622 said:
Now that it's confirmed that most of the main casts are dead, I really want to know more about Ryo-tas. Yes, she's an annoying bitch with a big melon and likely suffering from down syndrome but I am beginning to suspect that Ryouka is not what we think she is.

In the previous episodes, she still has a shadow so she's mostly likely still alive and every time she leaves the bar (?), a girl in the radio starts speaking to Yuuta. Coincidence? I think not.

Also, the shot in the OP probably confirms my theory.

I'm willing to bet my soul that Ryouka is that girl in the radio. Which means she might not be as retarded as I thought she is.

I can't wait to see more Asuna next episode. She's an interesting character.

5/5 Increasing my ratings to 7/10 --> 8/10 and it's got nothing to do with El Psy Kongroo.
I was also thinking Ryo-tas was Zonko. You had some nice finds for evidence, funny thing is just this episode I happened to see the ray gun symbol in the OP but didn't bother to go back to it, but looking at your screenshot there's an obvious connection to Ryo-tas and Zonko.

I have to say the ending was really well done in my opinion, really intriguing and building up to what I hope is something amazing. Interesting that Asuna couldn't use her psychometry on Yuta, maybe it has to do with the fact that he's still moving around despite being dead?

I dunno but this series has been getting better and better for me, can't wait for next week
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 19, 2016 10:45 PM

Jun 2016
RKarim69f117 said:
The most underrated show I attempted to watch! Why isnt this rating at least 7.1?? I am dumbfounded!

sad if the first episode just good or amazing.. this show not gonna underated
Nov 19, 2016 11:19 PM

Aug 2013
noone mention how all the main character doesnt cast any shadow?
everyone have shadow when Gamon goes out the street in the sunset, except himself & the girl he talk to..
and when the detective talking with 'demon' under the street light
Nov 20, 2016 12:15 AM
Aug 2015
El Psy Kongroo! From a confusing start to an interesting story.. i like this show..

jc9622 said:
Now that it's confirmed that most of the main casts are dead, I really want to know more about Ryo-tas. Yes, she's an annoying bitch with a big melon and likely suffering from down syndrome but I am beginning to suspect that Ryouka is not what we think she is.

In the previous episodes, she still has a shadow so she's mostly likely still alive and every time she leaves the bar (?), a girl in the radio starts speaking to Yuuta. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm willing to bet my soul that Ryouka is that girl in the radio. Which means she might not be as retarded as I thought she is.

5/5 Increasing my ratings to 7/10 --> 8/10 and it's got nothing to do with El Psy Kongroo.

i've been suspecting her from the beginning.. in episode 3, she was talking with someone on the phone with serious tone.
renzosparkNov 20, 2016 7:47 AM
Nov 20, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2012
This anime is getting more interesting week by week, there is so much theories in my head.
I think that Asuna died when analyzing the corpse of Yuuta, but it's strange because the radio seemed to call her. It also looks like something is wrong with the cafe manager. He was hiding himself during all the meeting and appeared at the end to talk with Yuuta.
Nice reference with the "El Psy Kongroo", if I remember correctly, Steins;Gate is a game in this universe.

Great episode, but I need the next one! Yuuta is surely one of the "bug".
Nov 20, 2016 1:45 AM

Sep 2015
I'm starting to think of this show a lot like Steins;Gate now. I really couldn't stand the first 5 episodes. I thought they were uninteresting.

But these past 2 episodes have surprised me, and stopped me from dropping it entirely. Hopefully it keeps this way.
Nov 20, 2016 2:00 AM

Dec 2014
Very interesting episode.

Main cast is confirmed dead, Everyone who is dead doesn't have shadows. They can talk to each other and only select other people.
A very interesting theory on the existence of the soul inside the brain.

I'm also really interested in what these cards are all about.
Shun seems to have found something regarding a closed Radio station, This could possibly be related to the voice that Gamon keeps hearing. Also, Ryo-tas is very suspicious because the moment she left the radio thing started speaking.

The psychometry into the dead bodies was pretty interesting, She is able to see pictures but not here voices. Could this be related to the soul theory that was talked about earlier? The fact that the souls are left wandering might be what's preventing her from listening to the voices. With Gamon she couldn't see anything but was able to see his form. :o

Well I said last episode that this might all be happening virtually and I still think that it is very possible, The Psychometry is basically data mining, The soul interference at the end could very well be data corruption. The fact that the cast is able to talk to some people is basically our bug/loophole or rather the cast themselves are the loophole in this system. There's also the weird radio sounds that you hear.

Whatever it is,
El Psy Congroo!
Nov 20, 2016 2:17 AM
May 2016
The episode confirmed that they are dead. Gamon face to face with his dead body kinda give me shivers. I'm liking the show although the pacing really is my main problem.
Nov 20, 2016 2:43 AM

May 2012
Damn! I screamed when Gamon suddenly spoke staring at his dead body. This is really getting interesting despite the overflooding of dialogues. And that El Psy Congroo! Hehhee.
Nov 20, 2016 3:44 AM

Feb 2016
jc9622 said:

Interesting... Never tought about that, but it could be true.

Nov 20, 2016 4:46 AM

Mar 2014
okay getting interesting a bit more..took a while but finally. Now gotta hope they dont screw anything up.

TEC_TEC said:
RKarim69f117 said:
The most underrated show I attempted to watch! Why isnt this rating at least 7.1?? I am dumbfounded!

sad if the first episode just good or amazing.. this show not gonna underated

Yeah this anime is anything but Underrated, not until we see the ending lets not jump the gun.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 20, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2008
jc9622 said:

Interesting theory about Ryouka. There are many small hints which many overlook

El Psy Kongroo - a relation to Steins;Gate could be well thought
Nov 20, 2016 5:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This was a really interesting episode
the mysteries just keep adding up but its nice to see
that the main cast is trying to hardest to try and figure out whats going on.
The mystery and the plot just keeps getting more and more interesting
though and i like the new girl far more than i like Morisuka.

its sad that Miyu's friend Chi was among the dead
and that there wasn't even a complete body of her left as well

hmm and they decide to bring in a new girl to replace
Morisuka eh and whats more she's a high school girl
that is working for the FBI as well interesting indeed

wow Gamons reaction at seeing his name among the dead was more
normal than i thought it will be well initially

lol Gamons reaction at finding a reporter waiting for him
and his subsequent reaction on seeing the business card
and his subsequent disappointment lol

hmm so it wasn't just Gamons name as well
it was Sarai and Toko's names as well eh
this is getting stranger by the episode and more interesting as well

Hmm so both Sarai and Toko experimented as well eh
so all three could speak to some but not everyone that passes them eh
strange indeed
could it be that they were spirits or ghosts or some kind i wonder

Of course none of the cast believe that they are dead
but sill something strange is going on
and its all related to that list that they found
Its nice that the cast are beginning to suspect a conspiracy here
that we already know about per the last episode

its an interesting theory that Toka had regarding souls though
hmm even when confronted with the facts Gamon still doesn't want to believe it
he really lacks a sense of danger
now the investigation truly begins lol

hmm that girl really has an interesting power doesn't she
being able to read the thoughts that the detective imprinted
on to the various evidence is rather cool
so Morisuka was imprinting his case notes into his memory eh
and the girl can read this
So Morisuka is dead then is he
Pychometry is a pretty interesting term
and it looks like the girl is the real deal here in that she can tell all that
with a touch

so even Aria's name is on that list too eh
and Miyu's as well
wow this shows getting more and more interesting
watching and seeing the reactions of each of the main cast as they realize that
they are dead sure is interesting

So Morisuka is really dead after all
well his body is anyway
man watching them all commit suicide must be unnerving
and that fact that Asuna couldn't hear Morisaki's voice as well
thats definitely strange

man that guy's mask was kinda creepy
and it seems that Asuna couldn't hear the thoughts of anyone at the morgue
man and Gamon comes face to face with his own body as well
This show really is on the roll now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2016 6:59 AM

Aug 2015
Btw I have the feeling that the number 256 is linked to bits, so the "bug" these oganization guys were talking about.
jc9622 said:

Oh, nice idea.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Nov 20, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
We now know that most of the main cast is dead, and the corpses of them shown proves that, so it looks like their souls were kicked out of their bodies and have taken on a psychical form of themselves. Still, only certain other people can see and touch them, while others can't do that.

Interesting timing of Ryo-tas to leave the cafe, then 1 minute later, Zonko speaks from the radio once more. Surely Ryo-tas is Zonko as the timing couldn't be more obvious to hint to that...

Overall, this episode as well as last week's one are great, even with the epic mention of the words "El Psy Congroo" being said. It brings back good memories of Steins;Gate all over again. ^_^
Nov 20, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
Good episode, my theory/question is the bartender can interact with them too so he/she must be in their same state aswell? or the bartender might play a bigger part here.
---------My Profile------------
Nov 20, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2015
Wings said:
Good episode, my theory/question is the bartender can interact with them too so he/she must be in their same state aswell? or the bartender might play a bigger part here.

The demon said something like "oh, i am surprised this guy is here" some episodes ago, so yeah. I think bartender and bigboobiegirl are hiding something.

Btw, really great episode. That ending was creepy.
Nov 20, 2016 12:06 PM

Nov 2009
Atavistic said:
Very interesting episode, but I really don't understand why some people can see Yuta and the others, while other people can't.

Maybe only the people who can see Yuuta and others have souls, while people who can't see them are soulless masses?
Or maybe it just boils down to psychic sensitivity or something like that.

Atavistic said:
In particular, I wonder how they're going to explain Asuna seeing Yuta alive when she's also looking at his dead body, as even having the potential to see the "ghosts" should be overwritten if you see their corpses, surely?

I don't remember ever hearing a theory that seeing a corpse prevents you from seeing a ghost.

Atavistic said:
Also, why did using psychometry on Yuta show her nothing at all, when all the other dead at least got a drowning scene?

There are many possibilities. Have some:
1) Yuuta's real eyes don't see anything. He sees the real world through his psychic powers.
2) Yuuta's death was different from the others, and somehow related to the devil he has seen.
3) Yuuta's ghost being present nearby overrides the memories in his corpse.

gust11 said:
Interesting that Asuna couldn't use her psychometry on Yuta, maybe it has to do with the fact that he's still moving around despite being dead?

I don't think so. It did work on Moritsuka the young detective, didn't it?

matan7890 said:
Am I the only one who missed that "El Psy Congroo whatever"?

For those of us who have seen Steins;Gate this phrase is hard to miss. It was the catchphrase of the MC mad scientist from that anime.

AvidAnimeViewer said:

It's not so much "doesn't hold up" as "pure technobabble".

Niveen_Sleem said:
I still wish this Riu-tas girl wasn't there. Whenever I see her I get the urge to pierce her breasts with a needle making them explode like balloons.

There is a funny picture on this topic somewhere on the internet.
Nov 20, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2016
ohhh my brain....good episode any way
El Psy Congroo!
EG99
Nov 20, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
flannan said:
Atavistic said:
In particular, I wonder how they're going to explain Asuna seeing Yuta alive when she's also looking at his dead body, as even having the potential to see the "ghosts" should be overwritten if you see their corpses, surely?

I don't remember ever hearing a theory that seeing a corpse prevents you from seeing a ghost.

I didn't say that was actually an official theory or anything, but in this case I just thought it would be logical as, at the very least, the mind would surely deny the possibility of the ghost having seen the corpse of the person. Maybe I'm just overestimating the power of the human mind a little here, because I have heard that the human mind can do loads of strange things like that? Not as though it overly matters now, seeing as this was clearly never the case, given that Asuna could see Yuta's ghost and his corpse.
Nov 20, 2016 12:50 PM

Nov 2009
Atavistic said:
flannan said:

I didn't say that was actually an official theory or anything, but in this case I just thought it would be logical as, at the very least, the mind would surely deny the possibility of the ghost having seen the corpse of the person. Maybe I'm just overestimating the power of the human mind a little here, because I have heard that the human mind can do loads of strange things like that? Not as though it overly matters now, seeing as this was clearly never the case, given that Asuna could see Yuta's ghost and his corpse.

I see. This is a worthwhile assumption, if the person in question does not believe in ghosts.
Nov 20, 2016 1:09 PM

Feb 2013
Waa again with the cliffhanger at the end! ;_; So Gamon is special, huh?
Btw, does this show deserves to be below 7, really? :/ It's actually really interesting (leaving aside those giant boobs)... at least it looks like the score has somehow improved this week ._.
Nov 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Jun 2013
this is getting very good
Nov 20, 2016 2:08 PM
Jul 2013
flannan said:
Atavistic said:
Very interesting episode, but I really don't understand why some people can see Yuta and the others, while other people can't.

Maybe only the people who can see Yuuta and others have souls, while people who can't see them are soulless masses?
Or maybe it just boils down to psychic sensitivity or something like that.

Atavistic said:

Atavistic said:
Also, why did using psychometry on Yuta show her nothing at all, when all the other dead at least got a drowning scene?

There are many possibilities. Have some:
1) Yuuta's real eyes don't see anything. He sees the real world through his psychic powers.
2) Yuuta's death was different from the others, and somehow related to the devil he has seen.
3) Yuuta's ghost being present nearby overrides the memories in his corpse.

gust11 said:
Interesting that Asuna couldn't use her psychometry on Yuta, maybe it has to do with the fact that he's still moving around despite being dead?

matan7890 said:
Am I the only one who missed that "El Psy Congroo whatever"?

For those of us who have seen Steins;Gate this phrase is hard to miss. It was the catchphrase of the MC mad scientist from that anime.

AvidAnimeViewer said:

Niveen_Sleem said:
I still wish this Riu-tas girl wasn't there. Whenever I see her I get the urge to pierce her breasts with a needle making them explode like balloons.

There is a funny picture on this topic somewhere on the internet.

I haven't seen steins/gate (yet?)...
When was that phrase actually? I tried to go forth and back in the episode and I haven't seen that :("
Nov 20, 2016 3:51 PM

Jun 2008
matan7890 said:
When was that phrase actually? I tried to go forth and back in the episode and I haven't seen that :("

Okabe says that from the time to time, and there's no actually meaning or explanation of it.
Theories have sprung up that it actually means "To Harden the Mind" from a combination of Latin and Greek (https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/4jn1xg/is_there_any_reason_behind_el_psy_kongroo/)

-------------------------------------------
And the "underrated rating" thing, just people easily judge the anime just from the 1st episode, just like Steins;Gate in the earlier parts of the series. When it started to move the plot after placing things in needed for the plot, people start praising it, that some people think that's now overrated.

IMO, there's just too many people who want instant gratification for the time they spent on it.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 20, 2016 8:43 PM

Nov 2009
Speaking of dubious science. Factory producing "recently developed" isotope of scandium? That's not something I expect to see in 21st century. Maybe a couple of centuries later.

matan7890 said:
flannan said:

I haven't seen steins/gate (yet?)...

When detective is speaking on the phone with somebody unknown. 13:41-13:43 in Horriblesubs version.
flannanNov 20, 2016 8:47 PM
Nov 20, 2016 8:54 PM
Apr 2013
I was starting to get bored of this series, but now things are getting really interesting :D
Nov 20, 2016 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
flannan said:
Speaking of dubious science. Factory producing "recently developed" isotope of scandium? That's not something I expect to see in 21st century. Maybe a couple of centuries later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandium
In short: there is only one unusual isotope of scandium worth producing. Scanduim-46. With a half-life of 83.8 days, it's so radioactive that if that factory blew up in real life, we would have heard about it.
Wikipedia said:

The radioactive isotope 46Sc is used in oil refineries as a tracing agent.

And I doubt it's produced on "factories" in the first place.
Nov 20, 2016 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
flannan said:
gust11 said:

Ah that's true, my bad I forgot about Moritsuka
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 21, 2016 2:54 AM

Nov 2009
This is from episode 3 discussion, but I feel that the answer should go here.
opiktea said:
flannan said:
It doesn't matter if he is perfect (which he isn't). What matters is, how easy would it be for him to make things right?
Not easy at all. He knows what is going on (from the start), but by the end of episode 3, about 151 people are dead anyway.

What are you talking about? It matters to me. he knows something something is up... but hey, he's your all-smiling all-knowing kind-cute-righteous-young-police-detective, you know he'll be alive at theend of the day right?

Well, the detective has slipped up, and now he's dead. It didn't stop him, though.
Nov 21, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2015
This is by far the best episode of this series! Looking forward next episode. Seriously the rating should increase!
Nov 21, 2016 10:42 AM

May 2009
No one here noticed it but Kusakabe(Demon) was talking by phone with someone voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda - Izumi's seiyuu
Nov 21, 2016 11:00 AM

Feb 2015
New character introduced and is gonna take an important role solving this mystery. Is confirmed that our characters are dead and we can formulate some theories about it. I'm very pleased by the development of the characters and the OTS.

Maybe we're all dead.
Nov 21, 2016 1:00 PM
Jan 2016
this show finally has gotten some spice
Nov 21, 2016 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
This show just keep getting better and better. The ending let me wating more :3

The journalist girl is awesome, i hope we see her more from now on.

El Psy Kongroo!
Nov 21, 2016 4:40 PM
Nov 2016
"El psy kongroo", we all wish it's Okabe, but my theory is that FBI chan was talking to his future self, this anime is making my mind work hard.
Nov 22, 2016 1:09 AM

Dec 2009
I'm no cult fan, but i can vouch for the validity of psychometry. It is a real thing, and the best explanation for it is cognitive reverberations in the dielectric fields of objects (psychometry is very much an uninvestigated subject because of taboo). It's not a very defined skill, and you can only perceive what other people have perceived when in proximity to an object and had their brainwaves permeate into it. The more particular thoughts are present around the object, the more coherent those thoughts will be, and the easier they will be to detect. Sometimes it's strong enough that you can intuitively feel it without even being someone who's a "seer". This is a surprisingly accurate depiction, though it's rarely that concise, it's usually vague like a dream.

That detective is a friggin genius, to even get his thoughts all over an object not only intentionally, but to purposely leave it like a recorded message and showing his face in a window... Criticize him all you want, it's not every day you find clever shit like that, or intelligent character who actually are intelligent, and not just crammed full of data.

El Psy Congroo.

The plot is getting interesting finally; there's come cohesion to be had... Finally this retarded mess of a show is exhibiting it's true colours. I'm impressed. It still has terrible composition though.

I'm definitely starting to get the impression (from comments and their sound logic) that Ryou-tas is definitely not the twit she appears to be; a big-breasted JarJar Binks.
See this thread for more on Ryou-tas and the toy tesla gun.

flannan said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Electrical nature of the soul (and consciousness) as being an astral projected signal in which the body operates as a transceiver, rather than an automaton, is a real hypothesis which exists. However it is more in the camp of the electrical cultists and so on, it does have a lot of very valid suggestions which covers a multitude of unexplained phenomena.

It's not well supported by electrical theory yet because it's too large of a leap ahead: we need to solve the issues of the dielectric and field conjugation first. That doesn't invalidate it though, it could very well represent possible future discoveries. The concept is quite intuitive.
GenesisAriaNov 22, 2016 2:01 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 22, 2016 4:27 AM
Jan 2013
This anime should be re-titled as "Dumb and Dumber: As the Episode Goes!"

Everything is stacking up higher and higher. They add much more element without providing a conclusion or explaination for the in-show reality that happened to be drifting out of realism.

For starter let's look at the new woman: Kisaki Asuna. In world of ocultic9, japanese police departement has a disturbing habit of employing a child below a legal age as an investigator!
What the? Gimme some excuse!
she's a prodigy in psychometry, sir!
and of all memory stored in that BL she's capable to track straight into one particular memory in one go!
for the plot, sir!
Yeah, your get out of the jail card!

At some scene, the subordinate were clarifiying the credibility of this little bitch. And she responded cheekily like a teenagers would, she proved that she herself capable by invading his privacy of her subordinate's mariage life.... This one is very smart writing considering she's just but a brat.

In-world spirit theory with electromagnetism, presuming that memory is some kind of particle that bounded by electricity.... here we go again!

Detective scene.......
He knows everything. He knows everything that his existence and habit broke the logical chain of wholeness of this anime.
Note!
He made a memory to this particular BL in preparation for: if he lost his function as detective, his legacy would be investigated by some expert psychometrist.
But he suddenly implied that he don't want to involve a particular woman in this particular case.
So? wtf? inconsintecies right here!
The astral projection guy was there! spying on the detective! for what? nobody explain! some character just right at some place at some specific time so that this deus-ex machina detective could explain their personal background profile without in-depth investigation.
Preach him some word and the devil was running away scared. Now you talk about convinient character right here!
and the writer was like: oh i know! give him some line from steins;gate to make him appear to be smarter!

Such a cluster fuck
Nov 22, 2016 4:42 AM

Jan 2011
I read that as El Psy Kangaroo.
Nov 22, 2016 6:03 AM

Nov 2009
opiktea said:
This anime should be re-titled as "Dumb and Dumber: As the Episode Goes!"

Everything is stacking up higher and higher. They add much more element without providing a conclusion or explaination for the in-show reality that happened to be drifting out of realism.

For starter let's look at the new woman: Kisaki Asuna. In world of ocultic9, japanese police departement has a disturbing habit of employing a child below a legal age as an investigator!
What the? Gimme some excuse!
she's a prodigy in psychometry, sir!
and of all memory stored in that BL she's capable to track straight into one particular memory in one go!
for the plot, sir!
Yeah, your get out of the jail card!

At some scene, the subordinate were clarifiying the credibility of this little bitch. And she responded cheekily like a teenagers would, she proved that she herself capable by invading his privacy of her subordinate's mariage life.... This one is very smart writing considering she's just but a brat.

In-world spirit theory with electromagnetism, presuming that memory is some kind of particle that bounded by electricity.... here we go again!

Detective scene.......
He knows everything. He knows everything that his existence and habit broke the logical chain of wholeness of this anime.
Note!
He made a memory to this particular BL in preparation for: if he lost his function as detective, his legacy would be investigated by some expert psychometrist.
But he suddenly implied that he don't want to involve a particular woman in this particular case.
So? wtf? inconsintecies right here!
The astral projection guy was there! spying on the detective! for what? nobody explain! some character just right at some place at some specific time so that this deus-ex machina detective could explain their personal background profile without in-depth investigation.
Preach him some word and the devil was running away scared. Now you talk about convinient character right here!
and the writer was like: oh i know! give him some line from steins;gate to make him appear to be smarter!

Such a cluster fuck

In case you didn't notice, Kisaki Asuna works for FBI, not police. So yes, we can be sure that she got where she is because she has special investigative powers, and her employers are shady unscrupulous bastards.

Detective knew about Asuna, and knew she was likely to be assigned to this place. Or he might have known that they would assign a psychometer, because they have a lot of those guys, at least for investigations as important at this one. So he did consciously "record" a memory into the doujin, because he knew how it can be done.

"Found one particular memory?" In case you didn't notice, Asuna never gets to choose what to see. Otherwise, she would have got way better info out of that doujin.

Invading privacy? Sure, but how else are you going to quickly prove you have working psychometry? Unless your own secrets are exposed, there is no way to know if it isn't an elaborate trick. Besides, policemen are upstanding citizens, surely they have no big secrets.

Just because the young detective didn't want to involve Asuna, doesn't mean he did not make any preparations in case she gets involved. In particular, I suspect that he has specially written memories into his stuff in such a way as to not allow Asuna to get too close to truth.

"Stirlitz knew very well - it's better to overhear once than to hear a hundred times." That seems to be the devil's modus operandi. Especially with the young detective, who is a chronic liar.

opiktea said:

What logic? What chains? This anime has predictions of the future. I bet there is proof somewhere that predicting the future violates causality.
flannanNov 22, 2016 6:07 AM
Nov 22, 2016 8:03 AM
Jan 2013
flannan said:
In case you didn't notice, Kisaki Asuna works for FBI, not police. So yes, we can be sure that she got where she is because she has special investigative powers, and her employers are shady unscrupulous bastards.
Well thank you for pointing that out! I did not look at her credentials.
nonetheless stupid depiction of FBI.
Think about this, considering the FBI sent their agent, we could presume this case is of global importance, or at least could affect the stability of super power. Why bother sending FBI to foreign country if it wasn't? And then, why the FBI only sent 1 person? not even a team, 1 person! Because it's an half-ass writing.
flannan said:
Detective knew about Asuna, and knew she was likely to be assigned to this place. Or he might have known that they would assign a psychometer, because they have a lot of those guys, at least for investigations as important at this one. So he did consciously "record" a memory into the doujin, because he knew how it can be done.
Where was that came from? i think commonly if one detective is dead, they did not hand an undisclosed case to a psychometrist, but to another detective. So you're right! this behaviour of this detective is unusual. He did not made another preparation for another possibility like note, or journal, instead he spesificly made a psychometric memory.... yeah, that was stupid.
There's neither indication of how big the scale this case was previously nor any proper response by the japanese government to the increasing gravity of this case. Instead, they let some inept investigation departement do their job.
flannan said:
"Found one particular memory?" In case you didn't notice, Asuna never gets to choose what to see. Otherwise, she would have got way better info out of that doujin.
Clearly, that was the best possible memory that she could get. what did you expect? when he bought that BL? when he fapp to it in his room? no. it's too convinient, man.
flannan said:
Invading privacy? Sure, but how else are you going to quickly prove you have working psychometry? Unless your own secrets are exposed, there is no way to know if it isn't an elaborate trick. Besides, policemen are upstanding citizens, surely they have no big secrets.
Pointing out a broken bone was enough. Now, giving an advice about mariage for a kid was simply a thing called 'pretentious'.
flannan said:
Just because the young detective didn't want to involve Asuna, doesn't mean he did not make any preparations in case she gets involved. In particular, I suspect that he has specially written memories into his stuff in such a way as to not allow Asuna to get too close to truth.
Allright, i concede... that's possible...
tough, still inconsistant... if we assume he's so smart, that was not a lie.... that was stupidity
flannan said:
What logic? What chains? This anime has predictions of the future. I bet there is proof somewhere that predicting the future violates causality.
What? I mean in-story logic....
Nov 22, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2015
Average episode.
Already Asuna, new character, appears.
We don't know much about her, except that she is an agent (too easy xD) and she practices psychometry. (LOL foolish power?)
Why did the director decide to abandon the narrative system of the first episodes here? Because he was tired of plagiarizing the others? Anyway ... at least it would have been useful to Asuna to introduce herself and give us her opinion on these phenomena?

Then is she dead? Why does she fail to explore Gamon's memory?
What does it matter? It's not like someone / something has explained to us his power ...

Another thing: why Ryuka does not serve anything except show her breasts?
She always cuts to Gamon to do the stupid kawaii, is there a reason?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

171 by Archean-Return »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

449 by Archean-Return »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

216 by tokino_sora »»
Mar 7, 2:28 AM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.