Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel kinda bad for the twins but more so for Winterprison this episode. Knew they didn't stand much of a chance in this death game against some of the stronger girls.

Looks like the battles are even escalating outside of the usual setting. Mary is just so relentless with her attacks. Kano and her friend are also on the move again.
Stark700Nov 19, 2016 10:00 AM
Nov 19, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2013
There are some change in Weiss vs Team Swim Swim but it's pretty minor.
Nov 19, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
So Winter Prism was killed but she did take out one of the twins who was probably the first of the weaker girls to get killed.
It seems however that the girls got on Cranberries bad side with that move.

And Mary going crazy like that we might get a higher death toll next week than we had in this episode.
Nov 19, 2016 9:55 AM

Sep 2015
Winterprison :'( At least she killed one twin
I would predict Calamity Mary death and one of the Ruler's squad too for the next episode
Nov 19, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
It's a good thing Marry can't aim for shit,otherwise she might be a threat. I guess she will learn to aim again when another character needs to die a pointless death.
At least shewas infinite amo and bullests that explode... when they feel like it I guess?

Oh yeah, a few character died this episode (I already barely remember them), but the were all so stupid that they deserved it.
The angels celebrated thier victory way too soon ,since it was really fucking obvious that Winterprison wasn't dead yet or even close to it.
WP wasn't much better. She and Nana got almost murdered twice already when meeting people like this, but the are too stupid to stop it or change thier tactics.
Third time's a charm I guess.
Nov 19, 2016 10:15 AM

May 2012
Can't even feel pity for Calamity Mary, she's just a straight up bitch.

Winterprison dying hurt a bit more than I thought it would, and one of the twins dying was just kinda whatever. Curious on what Nana will do from now on.

I'm feeling really heavy deathflags coming from Top Speed... Of course, Swim-swim too with Cranberry interested since she killed Winterprison.

Geez... just shit really hit the fan this episode

Nov 19, 2016 10:21 AM

Aug 2016
Was not expecting this many deaths (including humans). Ngl, did feel really bad for Yunael killed by Winterprison, but she did imitate Nana (or be the dagger, can't remember) Winterprison's death was cruel too, I genuinely thought Nana was going to be the first to go or it was both of them at the same time. Is it a bit silly to think that Sister Nana's going to become this psychotic killing machine now that Winterprison's gone? Probably. But probably what i'm more worried about is Minael, she's more or less gotten on the bad side of Cranberry (I'm assuming since she was the one that wanted to kill her, right?) so I can predict a death happening there soon enough. Still holding out for a backstory from those too.

One thing which I hope is going to happen soon is some insight into Tama. She got some attention when Ruler was still here but ever since then, she's sort of dropped off the radar, probably because of her personality and her slightly confusing closeness to Ruler (like when she was grieving about her death, but that may have been just about the death itself). Additionally liked the backstories for this episode and the ending was extremely good, it's gearing for a big battle (I assume) next week.

Overall, very good episode, one of the best, if not the best of the series so far. Lots of things were set in motion for later on in the series so it's more to look forward to, especially since it's already about 3/4 into the series (can't remember how many episodes there are 12 or 13?), meaning that everything's should be full on kicking off either in the next episode or the one after that, hopefully.
Forever wishing for an unrealistic Anime romance.
Nov 19, 2016 10:28 AM
Apr 2007
fateoffate said:
There are some change in Weiss vs Team Swim Swim but it's pretty minor.

could you elaborate on this?
Nov 19, 2016 10:47 AM
Aug 2013
Loved how good Swim Swim looks kicking ass.

The only problem I have with this series is how out of nowhere all the fights felt. Hardly any build ups, felt like random encounters most of the time.
Nov 19, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
I am the only one who expect a yandere Nana?

I bet she will kill Swim
Nov 19, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2014
well that was so much bizarre two more instinctively dead.... 10 are left so technically only two have to die right.... but there may a change of rules in the next episode
Nov 19, 2016 11:12 AM
Feb 2016
There are 10 magical girls now, and Fav wanted to cut them to 8. I wonder what will happen when the next two die. Maybe it has something to do with the next episode's name, with a change of the rules? I can't wait to see what will happen!
Nov 19, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
Good Episode.

Most of these girls are just broken, Swim-Swim, The Twins, Calamity Mary especially are just broken and want to kill people for whatever reasons they have. Mary especially is just unlikable on all grounds. Her flashback made me dislike her even more.

Didn't expect WinterPrison to die so soon as well, Well at least she took down the twin who could change into other people. I don't know what they were thinking barging into possible enemy territory like that. Nana is too naive I guess.

Wonder what Nana can do without WinterPrison.

Top Speed is still best girl, She, Ripple, Snow White and probably Alice are the only characters I like now.
Mary pretty much went crazy at the end there, Probably huge battle coming up in the next episode.

New Rules next episode, :o Fav is probably gonna lower the Magical Girl count again. :|
Nov 19, 2016 11:23 AM
Sep 2015
Best episode eveeeeeer! I am so happy that Yuna died. I was hoping that the other angel was gonna be dead too, but I think I have to wait a bit more.
I am so sad that it is over.
Nov 19, 2016 11:37 AM

Nov 2016
Wow! That episode was very intense. I had a feeling that Weiss Winterprison already had death flags awaiting for her but I didn't expect
I was tearing up cause of the fact that I knew what was going to happen here. ;; I really feel sorry for Nana as she might be broken down and might want to take revenge on Swim Swim.

Calamity Mary, however, with her backstory, I think I can see why her life was already messed up considering she was always drinking and did nothing about the situation with her family. I do believe that she's already past the point of insanity as she decides to kill off people just to get Top Speed and Ripple's attention. Meanwhile, with Snow White and Hardgore Alice having to work together, I had a feeling that Alice was able to heal her injuries so that would explain why she can be immortal.

Anyway, it looks like things are going to get even more uglier as the next episode describes about the rules changing since most of the magical girls are already dead. I'm worried what's going to happen next so I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
Nov 19, 2016 11:42 AM

Feb 2008
First they kill a transexual and now they kill a lesbian? What's with this bigoted misogynistic toon?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 19, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
2 down, 10 left.
Swimming club success in their plan of killing Winterprison, but lost one member in fight.

Good that Winterprison backstory was pulled after death not before.
Also nice too see backstory of Top Speed and Calamity Mary.
Nov 19, 2016 12:03 PM
Apr 2016
Ok i kind of sad cuz of winterprison! she was really cool poor nana.

this gets bloody everyweek
Nov 19, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2012
I'll put this in spoiler tags in case (which I doubt) it's true

Nov 19, 2016 12:13 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Winterprison and Nana, they're one of the most good people in the anime and one of them is dead.

Swim Swim is worse than Ruler. And I see people saying that she's so good when she killed her master. lol I really don't like this girl and I'm glad that one of the angels dies too.

I hope that Ripple, Top Speed, Nana, Snow White and Tama survives in the end.

sasalx said:

I bet she will kill Swim

I hope so but the power of Nana is a bit of support, so I don't think that this is gonna happening.
Nov 19, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
Two deaths this week, and both of them have massively hurt the remaining member of the pair. The surviving angel twin now wants everyone to die and I can see Sister Nan going from depressed to killing Swim Swim and the angel twin. Actually, what is Nana's power again? I can't seem to remember, so if we haven't been told I could see it coming into play next week. And yeah, Calamity Mary is entirely unredeemable and just needs to die really.

Also, based on "subtle" hints in previous episodes and the way they deliberately avoided showing most of Top Speed's body when in human form, it's pretty obvious that she wants to survive because she's pregnant, which no doubt means she will probably die, with how cruel this show is and all.
Nov 19, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
I kinda expected Winter Prison to die, so nothing surprising here. At least she took one of the twins with herself before perish. Kinda sucks she died, her pairing with Nana was cute.

Calamity Mary went fucking bonkers here. This reminded me of Fate/Zero, during the battle with Caster when all the Servants gathered to beat a common enemy while others went to their own stuff taking advantage of the situation. Let's see how this will end.

I'm sure Top Speed is pregnant now. The way the camera didn't showed his lower half was very suspicious. Sucks too she will probably going to die considering all the death flags surrounding her :/

Hardgore Alice is becoming more and more cute each episode.
Nov 19, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2016
Damn, can't wait for next week
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 19, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
i just hope tama survives. She is obviously different than the rest of the group, and i dont want to see her die.
Also started liking Alice, hope she survives too.
Top Speed as well, though i think she has raised some flags

Also it didnt show any human form for cranberry (in those things in the middle of the ep, dont know how to call them) , doees that mean she doesnt have one?
Nov 19, 2016 12:22 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah well, Calamity Mary was never a good person.

Winterprison is dead, fuck man. I liked her, she was also capable. I wonder what Nana is gonna do now (she has the power to enhance the skill of another magical girl that she chooses).

Yunael is also gonna gone, but that was a crazy strategy how they managed to off Winterprison. Swim Swim probably made that happen. Now Cranberry is on to her since she had a hand in killing probably her strongest enemy in this group of magical girls.

Not Top Speed, god damn it, she's so gonna die and it's gonna be hard to watch.

Huge battle coming next episode.

My interest in Tama is rising very quick by the episodes. No backstory, no focus at all on her.
Nov 19, 2016 12:23 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I can totally see Nana getting her revenge against swim swim or at least the other twin, with what happened.

I wonder what will happen to Tama tho.
Havent seen her doing a lot for a while
DatRandomDudeNov 19, 2016 12:28 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 19, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
all out brawl time lmfao. noahfence but i hope sthm bad happens to calamity mary lol...

Yatora said:

I'm starting to like Alice /:...and IK top speed is going but i don't want her to..early rest in peace...
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Nov 19, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
Calamity Mary is crazy, hopefully someone kills her next episode. Also sucks that Winterprison died, she had my favorite ability.
Nov 19, 2016 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
It is kinda funny to hear such kind women as Kikuko Inoue as abusive housewife, who even beat her own child, next week will be even more brutal, Calamity Mary vs Hardgore Alice, Ripple, Snow White, Top Speed, survivors fight Swim Swim group. Cranberry might join fun too, she wasn't happy her "prey" was killed

Poor Winterprison, at least she took one of enemies with her.
Nov 19, 2016 12:54 PM

Dec 2013
I'm really sad that winterprison was killed , really sad 😞😞poor nana I think she will get really mad and kill maybe swim swim which I hope . if they killed top speed before she get her baby that will be too cruel even for anime .they should name this anime "magical girl killing project"
I think hardgore Alice will kill calamity Mary ,really looking forward to the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 1:00 PM
Mar 2016
You know, when I first started watching I really liked Swim Swim but oh my GOD I want her to die now. Also, I wonder how this whole situation is going to affect Sister Nana's ideals. It seems to me like she's starting to slip.

I was so happy to see Snow White and Hardgore Alice getting ready to work together. Also, I swear to God if Top Speed dies in the next episode I will c r y.
Nov 19, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2010
As expected one of the twins died. And Winterprison died as well. As usual, the annoying Nana continues to live while the more likable characters keep dying. Meh.

I hate Mary. Just hope Alice doesn't die, best girl.
Nov 19, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2014
I wasn't surprised by the death of one of the twins. But the way she died... That was really brutal.

Illyricus said:
I'm sure Top Speed is pregnant now. The way the camera didn't showed his lower half was very suspicious.
That's what I also noticed. It now confirms she's pregnant (why would she talk about six months otherwise?). And I'm almost certain she will die in next few episodes.

Alhakam said:
they should name this anime "magical girl killing project"
But this really is "Magical Girl Rising Project". The strongest and the fastest to adapt to changing situation are the most fitting ones for the task they are supposed to do in the future (at least in this generation of magical girls).
Nov 19, 2016 1:24 PM

Sep 2016
training mahou shoujo by killing each other to find strong magical girl to fight real monsters, gantz plot LUL
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 19, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2016
sasalx said:

I bet she will kill Swim

omg I hope that happens

I hate swim swim now so much, shes gone power crazy. Please kill people for weiss, nana. Calamity Mary becomes a mass terrorist, I love how crazy she becomes each week, sadly I feel that next will be her last. I feel like a lot of people will die next episode along with her.

Also thank god one of the angels is dead!

DatRandomDude said:
I can totally see Nana getting her revenge against swim swim or at least the other twin, with what happened.

I wonder what will happen to Tama tho.
Havent seen her doing a lot for a while

Tama is a really strange character because I thought she would've died by now but she seems to become more distant from her group every episode so I think she may actually survive now.

Yatora said:
i just hope tama survives. She is obviously different than the rest of the group, and i dont want to see her die.

Also it didnt show any human form for cranberry (in those things in the middle of the ep, dont know how to call them) , doees that mean she doesnt have one?

I recognised that too, it's also strange how fav calls her master

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedNov 20, 2016 9:54 PM
Nov 19, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2015
Wow...this episode was completely brutal. Also, seeing Swim Swim acting all unsparing and cold-hearted makes me cringe and wonder how a cute little grade schooler could kill without any sign of mercy or repent. Alice is also rising up to my top favorite characters list simply because she seems so badass and nonchalant. Her obsession with Snow White will probably make her a good character and I am really fascinated with her backstory.

Now with only 10 magical girls left, the stakes are starting to get real o-o
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Nov 19, 2016 1:45 PM

Dec 2013
mozgow said:
I wasn't surprised by the death of one of the twins. But the way she died... That was really brutal.

Illyricus said:
I'm sure Top Speed is pregnant now. The way the camera didn't showed his lower half was very suspicious.
That's what I also noticed. It now confirms she's pregnant (why would she talk about six months otherwise?). And I'm almost certain she will die in next few episodes.

Alhakam said:
they should name this anime "magical girl killing project"
But this really is "Magical Girl Rising Project". The strongest and the fastest to adapt to changing situation are the most fitting ones for the task they are supposed to do in the future (at least in this generation of magical girls).

True I agree with you but I think Fab don't care about magical girls and he is hiding somethings darker,Becuse what is the point of having only one magical girl at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 1:55 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Out of control!!! Someone Magical Girl are outside himself!!!! Seem the total war!!!!
Nov 19, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
Alhakam said:
mozgow said:

True I agree with you but I think Fab don't care about magical girls and he is hiding somethings darker,Becuse what is the point of having only one magical girl at the end.
No doubt he's hiding something. But there are too few clues (or hints) to guess what it might be. When the number of magical girls reaches the desired count, he will reveal some parts of this secret.
Nov 19, 2016 2:31 PM

May 2015
Calamity Mary is one crazy bitch, without a doubt, killing innocent people.... I'm really saddened that Winterprison died.... Fucking glad that at least one of the twins died. I wouldn't mind Swim Swim to be the next honestly. There are so many awful characters now that I think about it. At least, more than there are likable characters.

Brutal episode. Can't wait for the next one.
ReverberateNov 19, 2016 2:34 PM

Nov 19, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2014
All I want is for Sister Nana, Topspeed, and Ripple to live.

Another pretty fun episode. Still though, with Cranberry having no real life counterpart shown, I wonder what she really is.
Nov 19, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
That episode was brutal as fuck. I mean damn, we had what? Three weeks in a row of straight up character deaths? Looks like things are gearing up for a major death battle next week. Super Mahou Shoujo Smash Girls War edition idk. Anyways, going off what was given to us and the straight up flags, my reactions are as follows:

1. Sister Nana is too naive for her own good so with Winterprison's death, she might straight up snap.

2. Swim Swim trying to be something she isn't is ultimately gonna cost her in the end.

3. With Top Speed's highlight, she was obviously given a major death flag and with Ripple wanting to fight, Ripple may wind up getting her killed. I pray against this because Top Speed is the one who deserves to live out of all of them.

4. Hardgore Alice gonna wreck some face, specifically Calamity Mary's...I mean Mary vs Alive vs -insert name of the bitch who killed La PuCelle-. I'd be down for that.

It's about to go down.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 19, 2016 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
100% death flag on : Swim Swim , Top Speed(im sorry but we all see it comming) and Mary

100% safe : alice, snow and ripple

???% : others

i want yandere nana pls

can anyone spoil me on whats gonna be with sister nana ?
Pazuzu95Nov 19, 2016 2:59 PM
Nov 19, 2016 2:59 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
100 % safe at this point: Snow White, Ripple, Tama and Cranberry

Can go either way: Swim Swim, Yunael, Hardgore Alice, Sister Nana

Death flags are here: Top Speed, Calamity Mary
Nov 19, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Smudy said:

dunno how alice can die tho

the only way to kill her would be to nuke her till she disappiares or to make her be the last of the week (which is not an option anymore since there will be less then 8 in the end)
Nov 19, 2016 3:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
juicykitten95 said:
Smudy said:

dunno how alice can die tho

the only way to kill her would be to nuke her till she disappiares or to make her be the last of the week (which is not an option anymore since there will be less then 8 in the end)

I'm somewhat skeptical about her explaining her magic to Snow White, feels like there's a loophole.
Nov 19, 2016 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Ripple is the only character that i like that's still alive ;-; So sad, i hope she survives.

I'm pretty sure, top speed and Mary are gonna die next episode. And fav is gonna lower the counter again.

Also they didn't show Cranberry's Human form, which raises a lot of questions.
Nov 19, 2016 3:20 PM

Sep 2015
Rip Winterprison

Magical Girls Who Need Die
1.) Calamity Mary
2) Swim Swim (something is wrong with her head, hope she dies soon for killing Winterprison)
3.) The Other Twin who's alive

Calamity Mary just went GTA irl. I'm pretty sure the Broom Magical is pregnant or something in 6months and she is married to her next door neighbors brother who's 7 years older. That's prob why she doesn't want to die at least until her child is born.
Hinata-chiNov 19, 2016 5:50 PM
Nov 19, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was something. Winterprison gets stabbed but she doesn't die just like that. She takes Yunael along with her. Swim Swim then finishes the job. This was all Nana's fault. She was blinded by her ideals that she went over to the group which just recently killed its own leader. She even went to nekoing Calamity Mary to tell her not to be a bad girl. If not for Winterprison, she would have been killed ages ago.

The newly formed team of good girls just lost there bodyguard. Now who will protect them from everyone? Nana is sure to be effected big time by this death. Will she turn towards the dark side or will her ideals prevail? Koyuki is also going to be effected since her new party doesn't have its fighter anymore. Who'll protect her now? She will now have to fight if it comes down to it.

Also, what is up with Fav's selection criteria? How on earth is an alcoholic woman who doesn't care about her own family and beats her little daughter, suitable to become a mahou shoujo? This only confirms the purpose behind making these girls magical.

As expected, Mary wants to kill Ripple. The two escape but Mary starts blowing up cars to lure them back. She ends up getting a lot of magical girls coming her way.

We get Winterprison's past right before she dies, we get Mary's background, and we get Top Speed's real world life. And she's married which means the six months thing has got to be pregnancy.

I didn't quite expect Winterprison to die. Although I did expect her to take out an angel at least. Now who'll die? Top Speed has a death flag. One of Swim's teammates can also die too here if she gets on Mary's radar.
Nov 19, 2016 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
Are we supposed to feel bad for the surviving twin? Because they deserved what they got big time.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

341 by Fn76 »»
Jan 28, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.