Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 19, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, not bad. We got a masquerade party that gave more time for Izetta and the princess to bond. Pretty obvious that Berckmann was the guy behind the mask as well.

I think Izetta may have some connection with that strange girl Berckmann bought with her. Somehow, I think that girl will have an important role in the war later. We also get more secrets revealed and I kind feel bad for Bianca this episode. Felt like her role in this show may suffer more tragic moments in the future.
Stark700Nov 19, 2016 9:31 AM
Nov 19, 2016 9:22 AM

Sep 2015
The girl with white hair got witch's power + they picked up the map
The war will be over soon!
Nov 19, 2016 9:57 AM

Dec 2014
Very Good Episode, It was exciting and interesting.

Our second Germanian spy invades Eylstadt, It was quite nice seeing him thinking about fighting the peaceful people there.
He had quite the time at the inn though. XD

Izetta and Fine looked magnificent in their respective dresses.
I think that new girl is probably some kind of artificial witch cause based on the story in the second half it's very possible.

The infiltration into the old castle, Discovery of the secret room and all the events that followed was really exciting. Interesting second story about the White Witch. Though like the General said, It does sound much more realistic and also points to the idea of why the Germanian King seems to have an idea and belief in witches. It also explains that blood vial that the guy used to gain entry to the secret room. Though what this doesn't explain is why Izetta's grandmother called the previous White Witch a traitor. There's probably more to this story.

The final standoff was quite well done, Everyone wants a happy ending to a story. :(

That ending though, Just when you thought that the spies failed, They succeeded. The cart driver was a spy as well, Was he the same guy who was drinking in the inn earlier?
Nov 19, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
I think Atlanta(USA?) is not help Eylstadt.
Nov 19, 2016 10:10 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode, the whole plot with the "germanian" Lieutenant/ Spy was pretty ham-fisted though, it could've worked if he was the "original" spy and if there was more development because he and Bianca only ended up knowing each other for like a day or two so it's hard to really care or feel like it's tragic or anything
Nov 19, 2016 10:24 AM
Aug 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Though what this doesn't explain is why Izetta's grandmother called the previous White Witch a traitor. There's probably more to this story.

We heard few episodes earlier that witches are prohibited to fall in love with normal people and that their magic mustn't be used before anyone outside of their kin. She broke witches code and that's probably the main reason why she was condemned by Izetta's grandmother.
Nov 19, 2016 10:31 AM

Oct 2015
Nice episode. Finé is cosplaying Oscar from Rose of Versailles:)
Omnia munda mundis
Nov 19, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2011
Thoes spies was so lucky it annoyed the hell out of me. I mean what's the chance that the random dude with the cart is a spy aswell lol? And he happens to be just nearby when shit goes down? Talk about forceful plot. Took away all the fun from this ep.
Nov 19, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
Maciek970213 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Though what this doesn't explain is why Izetta's grandmother called the previous White Witch a traitor. There's probably more to this story.

We heard few episodes earlier that witches are prohibited to fall in love with normal people and that their magic mustn't be used before anyone outside of their kin. She broke witches code and that's probably the main reason why she was condemned by Izetta's grandmother.

I don't recall that from the previous episodes ( If possible, could you give me the episode number so I can check it up again) but they do say something similar in the beginning of this episode. In particular, It says that because she was a witch she couldn't be the prince's bride. Though, I think it would be rather extreme if she was called a traitor just because she fell in love and used her magic for him. That's why I think there might be more to the story. Despite that, I guess it'll probably end up as you said.
Lelouch0202Nov 19, 2016 10:53 AM
Nov 19, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2011
The episode was doing alright until the last 2 minutes. Do we really need another tweest that the allies are just opportunistic assholes? Don't even get me started about the old geezer. If he manages to slip by the supposedly elite Royal Guard, I'm just gonna throw up my hands in the air and let whatever BS the show has yet to pull fly.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Nov 19, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
Everyone's a traitor, lmao XD
Stupid fake farmer got the witches secret :O
Fairy Tales have happy endings because real life is filled with tragedy :'( :'(

[/quote]
Nov 19, 2016 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Damn this glasses guy is annoying and everything feels so forced, OF COURSE he knows everything, there is a map, and we know exactly where, because we have a whole archive full of secrets from our enemys!
And now they got their very own magical shoujo out of nowhere. How did they got their hands on Izetta at the beginning in the first place, are the germans in this anime psychics? Those coincidences everywhere...

I can tell this anime will have a shitty ending and i kinda hate myself for watching it but not going to stop at ep 8 now, would be silly.
And this comes from me, a german.
Nov 19, 2016 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
damn why do all the characters i start liking die...

yea i agree, i find it kind of stupid how that guy figured out izettas weakness so easily.

Finally i wonder what happened when that gem fell in the cave.
Nov 19, 2016 11:19 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode.It seems that the artificial witch needed another witch's blood to have her powers awakened,but for the sake of yuri fans it had to be through kissing and lips' biting.The two spies infiltrated the old castle and took photos the European map,which shows where the white witch can activate her powers.Both of them died,but a third one retrieved the photos and that red stone.Also,it seems that Atlanta sees Eylstadt as enemies just like Germania.If the rest of the Allies support USA I think both Eylstadt and Germania will fall at the end of the series.
MonkeyDHunterNov 19, 2016 11:25 AM
Nov 19, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2016
Good episode, Really happy that those 2 spies are death, to bad that that other guy was a spy to :/
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 19, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
Well after this episode I can see a potential bad ending and I hope it will happen.
Nov 19, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
Trust nobody. Not even yourself. Not even that random farmer who looks like a nice guy but it's actually an spy.

Didn't expected the lietenant to die that quick. I expected him to turn good later or survive for a bit more, but, nope, he got offed just that way. And considering that stuff of "Fairy Tales will end in disgrace", I expect a lot of death and tragedy coming.

The white haired girl looks interesting. I wonder what she will turning to be.

Onanother note, the nazi scientist reminded me of Relius Clover with that mask (must be cause same voice actor).
Nov 19, 2016 11:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lewl, looks like 'murica is going to betray Eylstadt

MURICA, FUCK YEAAAAH
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 19, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
So I can assume this has become the Kabaneri/Dimension W of this season? Its been all but directly stated at this point. I actually predict a massive drop for this when it ends like Kabaneri; as because this is paced so slowly, I can't expect a good ending at all. Then again, they could surprise me in that front.
Nov 19, 2016 11:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The only character i really liked...and he's dead RIP

Really, really, REALLY convenient things going on here at the end.
Nov 19, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2014
Tbh I've been rooting for the bad guys. I just don't care for the protagonists.
Nov 19, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2013
I think this anime deserve higher score , it really shows the cruel side of the war and how brutal it can be, and how most people are kind but Becuse of the few greedy people whose control everything and start wars many good people die
Now izetta has really big problem Becuse her secret is revealed and she will fight against another artificial witch I guess, and also she have to fight
Atlantica too and I hope that rock will not gave the enemy more advantage
Now we know how the germanian know about the witches from the the real story of the white witch and we should not forget that izetta was also in a tube too at the first episode .
And yes people always change the ugly parts of history usually with heros stories and fairytales
AlhakamNov 19, 2016 4:08 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
Jeez, they got spies everywhere..
And man, the best/only worthwhile parts of each episode are at the last 5 minutes or so.

I feel like if the Germanian's side of the white witch story is true, then she was also subjected to giving birth to a successor which is the girl with the white hair. Jesus christ. The deceased king's wife fucked them all.
Nov 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
It's almost certain that the girl with Berckmann was the one from the tank. But why did they need Izetta's blood? Didn't Ricelt have witch's blood with him?

I think that the stone that felt from the wall was from the rode or staff (or whatever it is called) that the White Which was using. My guess is it could store magical power to allow a witch to use magic when normally she wouldn't be able to do so.
mozgowNov 19, 2016 1:29 PM
Nov 19, 2016 1:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The bad guys get all the breaks. Poor Elystadt.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 19, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2015
I wish Funimation in their broadcast dub translate "Sieg Reich" as "Hail Hydra". It would fit the reveal that farmer guy was a Germanian spy all along wonderfully .
Nov 19, 2016 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty tragic episode for Bianca and Ricelt, but I couldn't get myself to care that much since they literally just met in this episode and only knew each other for such a short period of time.

That small bit with the white-haired girl who accompanied Berkman to the party was interesting, I'm like 99.99% certain that she's the one who was shown in the tank at the end of the last episode.

Oh yes, pretty damn convenient that the seemingly random old guy with the cart is also a Germanian loyalist, who happened to be nearby when Ricelt's buddy got killed.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 19, 2016 1:52 PM

May 2015
Eylstadt is getting in a really bad situation here. The Americans are even planning to take down the country, which shouldn't be all that surprising. I have a really bad feeling about all of this....

Nov 19, 2016 1:58 PM

Jun 2015
Looks like United States of Atlanta isn't going to help Eylstadt. Izetta is too much of a threat and so is Germania. I wonder why the white hair girl kissed Izetta and drew blood. The standoff between Bianca and Ricelt was tragic. Both died believing in their beliefs. It seems there many spies in Eylstadt, like the cart driver. I thought the spies failed, but nope.
BlackstarFallenNov 19, 2016 2:33 PM
Nov 19, 2016 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
The spy and Bianca ship started and ended this episode. In the end his partner still died and that old dude is a traitor too?? Wtf
Nov 19, 2016 2:14 PM

Jun 2016
Interesting episode, witch #2 is probably the white witch or a clone.
Nov 19, 2016 2:16 PM

Oct 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Pretty tragic episode for Bianca and Ricelt, but I couldn't get myself to care that much since they literally just met in this episode and only knew each other for such a short period of time.

+1

That was rushed af
Nov 19, 2016 2:19 PM

Jan 2009

The Major and Germanian King seem to be Omniscient.
Nov 19, 2016 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
The best episode of the show, they showed us and killed a good character, this is how they should develope all the characters. Maybe at the end this anime is going to have something good.

I think that white haired girl is a witch too, maybe created by the germans.
Nov 19, 2016 3:04 PM

Sep 2015
No explanation on how Major came to that conclusion. That battle proves nothing scientifically other than her power fluctuated. That can be attributed to so many things yet he knew exactly what to research.
BTW, why do Ofine expect no one to recognize her? For one that mask hides nothing so why is she surprised that the major would know who they are? Everyone else did too. BTW how id the Major even get in... That party haev some top officialys of a nubmer of allied countries, you would expect security to be better, especially when a secret meeting would take place.

The spy and royal guard was interesting, but that one-night romantic drama is SOOOO cheesy and cringy.... Seriously? All that happened was driving him to an inn, eat, and he accidentally sees her bathe. That's it!!!!!!!
otherwise, it was pretty good. I mean, their relationship(if you could call it that) then confrontation is expected and obvious. But they still did pretty well with his mission(just not how they developed the two relations)
This could of only ended two ways when I saw him talk to the villagers and the royal guards in the car.
1) He starts to feel sorry for the natives and switch sides. Fall in love and then killed by the major
2) He falls for her and then a confrontation happens. And then they kill each other.

The most interesting part was actually US of A planning on eliminating both. I sure hope it turns out that way to spice things up. Because right now; once the spy thing is over, the series is going to turn pretty bland with Izetta versus artificial witch that decides the war BS.
zcv45Nov 19, 2016 3:08 PM
Nov 19, 2016 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
So Rickert is in Elystadt as a spy and has a perfect story with him too. He's seeing the nice people around him. He meets Bianca of all people lol. I like how they show him completely act like a normal citizen without arousing anyone's suspicion or anything.

He finds the much needed info about the witch but gets shot and acts as decoy to let the other guy escape. But both die in the end and some guy saying "Seig Reich" shows up to retrieve the valuable stuff. That was a bit weird but I think we'll get some more stuff on that guy or whatever related to him and his presence in the old capital.

And nekoing Berkman is there at the ball to celebrate Redford's birthday. Talk about lax security. Don't they check whether there are any uninvited guests or not? Or is his presence here thanks to that "source" from last episode? Berkman has a witch or someone who has something to do with the witch with him. Lol surprise kiss.

And the Americans are afraid of both the Germans and the witch. They'll be sending their army all right, but for an entirely different reason. This plan looks like it's backfiring big time. Elystadt has made new enemies instead of getting an ally. Now to see how Elystadt deals with this new situation. Finè will be returning home with news that the Americans are helping out, but then it'll be discovered that they're their enemies now rather than friends.
Nov 19, 2016 4:37 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like the tides of war are slowly going to favor the Germanians. Everything is going wrong from behind the scenes. I truly believe this series will end in tragedy.

Now we wait and see what happens.

4/5- 2 for the episode, 2 for Bianca. Niceeeeeee. ;)

Nov 19, 2016 4:51 PM

Jan 2016
life of a spy :D

germanians got all the ****, elystadt just leaching boiiiii

DatRandomDude said:
Lewl, looks like 'murica is going to betray Eylstadt

MURICA, FUCK YEAAAAH

beat me to it

Nov 19, 2016 5:05 PM

Sep 2013
Rip the ship... :'(
In my dreams I'd like to think that the Germanian purposefully chose to miss Bianca.
Maybe he will someone survive getting shot twice and falling from the battlements of the castle!!!

Man... this looks like it's building up to a bad end....

Also, I swear Lord Redford is a spy or something. Surely there has to at least be a guest list to these high-class events... Or some kind of pass. Zzz... Fine why didn't you recognise Berkman? ;(
Nov 19, 2016 5:30 PM

Apr 2015
I hated Ricelt. I'm glad he died. I liked Bianca, but I have the feeling she didn't survive, either. But anyway, I didn't feel like the emotion behind their deaths was rushed? It WAS rushed in the sense that they barely met, and already they were talking like they were star crossed lovers (which made me cringe), but they each had their own spotlight throughout the show. It's not like they were pulled off the street in this ep, made into supporting characters just today, and then killed off. The tragic theme between them was rushed, but not their character development that would make someone invested in them enough to feel sympathy for their deaths. No matter what though, I hated Ricelt.

What was without a doubt a sloppily done idea was the cart driver being a germanian spy, too. WAY too convenient.

This show wasn't subtle since day 1 that there was going to be death. Two people already died in the first ep, so I don't think it comes as much of a surprise that so much tragedy and death can happen.

I don't remember if Izetta actually went to the basement, but if she did... Shouldn't she have gotten that red stone? If she went but didn't get it, that makes no sense. If she didn't actually go with them when they went to check it out, then sucks to suck.

Maybe I'm biased because I love the protags, and I love women, and lesbians, and women who are lesbians, but. It really is starting to sound like the germanian empire is unrealistically OP, firepower aside. It's realistic for a gigantic country to have a gigantic army -- it's not realistic for them to have all the correct info and be in all the convenient places. One of them (I think Berckmann) said that germanians have a ridiculously powerful network of spies, but that doesn't sound like it should explain how they seem to be so perfect and strategic. This is magic we're talking about. It's not like they can steal blueprints to advanced weaponry and machinery; it's something no one believed in until Izetta showed up. What I think could've been more believable: the germanians saw Izetta's obvious weakness (where she has to be touching an object to use almost all magic), were satisfied with knowing that weakness, and then were too stupid to try to find more weaknesses.
Nov 19, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2016
It was pretty obvious they were going to kill that spy dude (does anyone know his name?) since it seems as though any side character that starts to get a bit of development is killed in the same episode or next episode (remember Jonas guys?). But still, I liked how they spent time of fleshing out the villains a bit more and tried to make them seem like real people. Though, I don't quite get how the Germanians were able to infer all those facts about Izetta just from watching one of her fights. It seems kinda convenient but the plot must move forward!
Besides that, awesome episode. This is definitely one of my favorite standalone series of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 6:38 PM
Apr 2015
Saito6689 said:
Damn this glasses guy is annoying and everything feels so forced, OF COURSE he knows everything, there is a map, and we know exactly where, because we have a whole archive full of secrets from our enemys!
And now they got their very own magical shoujo out of nowhere. How did they got their hands on Izetta at the beginning in the first place, are the germans in this anime psychics? Those coincidences everywhere...

I can tell this anime will have a shitty ending and i kinda hate myself for watching it but not going to stop at ep 8 now, would be silly.
And this comes from me, a german.

I was thinking the same thing. They are really relying on circumstance and a hand of wild cards. The show is starting to become a lot less interesting. I hope I can stop having to suspend my disbelief so much in future episodes, which is odd to say when it's about magic and witches. I'm going to stick with it for now though. The ending had me wondering if we might see a Germania and Elystadt team-up
Nov 19, 2016 7:17 PM
Nov 2016
wasaabi__ said:
It was pretty obvious they were going to kill that spy dude (does anyone know his name?) since it seems as though any side character that starts to get a bit of development is killed in the same episode or next episode (remember Jonas guys?). But still, I liked how they spent time of fleshing out the villains a bit more and tried to make them seem like real people. Though, I don't quite get how the Germanians were able to infer all those facts about Izetta just from watching one of her fights. It seems kinda convenient but the plot must move forward!
Besides that, awesome episode. This is definitely one of my favorite standalone series of the season.

Actually it wasn't that farfetched at all. Berkman understood by Episode 5 that Izetta's abilities had some kind of flaw. He was able to infer a lot of things based on certain facts, such as why did it take her so long to reach Coenberg or the inconsistencies with how they portrayed her magical abilities. When they witnessed firsthand how it seemed like her magic was fading in and out, they were able to confirm it themselves that Izetta's powers had flaws and how they seemed to work in some areas but suddenly stopped working in others.

The fact the Germanians believed in a darker version of the White Witch legend also makes it easier to believe that some kind of information could be found in that castle. The episode made good use of continuity from previous episodes for it to come together.

It is a shame the overall rating for this series isn't higher. The votes for the individual episodes generally seem favorable, so it doesn't entirely match up.
Nov 19, 2016 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
As i've expected... things will soon get very bad for Eylstadt.
Germans now will have the map and that red stone that we don't know what it does but it probably was Eylstadt's last hope.
Plus that white haired witch got some of Izetta's blood, so she now will probably have similar power to Izetta or even greater.
I may be wrong but can that white haired witch be that legendary witch? Maybe they found a way to revive her? But she is probably a new witch that they've created.
I wonder how are they going to win the war now...
Izetta was so cute in that dress :3
For a moment i though that Spy would swap sides...but i was wrong :( And that royal guard girl is very cute.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 19, 2016 8:04 PM

Aug 2015
"How did you know it was us?"

How many red haired women exist in this country? Moreover, if you didn't want to be noticed, maybe you shouldn't make yourselves the front page of every fuckin' newspaper in the country.
Nov 19, 2016 8:43 PM

Oct 2016
spy here, spy there , spy everywhere .. it's really quite intense episode ,we learned more about the white witch and that girl beckham brought, maybe im wrong but I think she is a witch too , I dont know how's that possible since the title is "Izetta: the last witch" .. and beckham knows almost everything ..
Sumeragi_YuitoNov 19, 2016 8:47 PM
Nov 19, 2016 9:12 PM
Aug 2013
4 weeks to go, the I can dump my critical review on this overhyped shit.
Nov 19, 2016 9:17 PM

Apr 2014
i was about to say cause it looked like they was gonna go that route of those 2 magically falling in love with each other and then her letting him live but thankfully she killed him off and they also killed the other guy but then lol the guy at the end was also a bad guy lol

anyway with only a few eps left i wonder how this series will end thats what im looking forward to
"one step at a time"
Nov 19, 2016 9:18 PM

Jul 2010
Psykofreac said:

Overhyped? You can't be serious.
Nov 19, 2016 9:26 PM
Aug 2013
Tenth said:
Psykofreac said:

Overhyped? You can't be serious.

The point is that this was really popular when it first came out, particularly with the first couple of episodes. There's a reason it shows on this Crunchyroll page. I don't know exactly how much opinion had changed lately but because of the hype, I thought it would be worth checking out and review by the end of the season.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

136 by Cyroro »»
Apr 23, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

213 by Muow »»
Feb 8, 8:34 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.