Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the training continues.

I think by now, everyone pretty much knows that Rinne will be very hard to take on. We got a rematch between Rinne and Vivio this episode, one of the matches that I was looking forward to the most. Seemed like both girls improved quite a bit since their first encounter.

Felt like Rinne was on the losing end until she pushed Vivio into a corner. Decent fight.
Nov 12, 2016 8:46 AM

Apr 2010
So the match is on and it seems far from over next week should be interesting.
Both girls are trying their best.
Tho if i might be honest i am looking forward to Fuuka's match.
Nov 12, 2016 9:16 AM

Feb 2008
Oh big Ixy is there for healing so Miura is all fine and fight between Vivio and Rinne weren't all that bad.
For kind Vivio that want to help Fuuka and trying her best, nice she got her one down but I got a feeling that she will still lose in next episode.

I kind of laugh a bit on preview, when Fuuka praising Einhart and in end Fuuka said Rinne style were better, but they only show half Einhart. LoL
BlackbirdNov 13, 2016 1:46 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 12, 2016 9:22 AM

Sep 2015
Almost forgot about Meiou Ixyphelia was there, thank god that Miura is alright.

Man this match really made me focus real hard!! My heart already pumping way before the match start to the end of the this episode, plus constantly shaking when Rinne cornered Vivio:(

Now I'm like, Vivio is strong so just relax lol. I don't want to see how this fight going to end next episode.
valvravetruthNov 12, 2016 9:28 AM
Nov 12, 2016 4:47 PM
Oct 2010
I really thought that Shamal would be there to heal Miura since, you know, Miura was originally under the Yagami Family's wing. Under Zafira, Vita and Signum (I wonder how did that go from Yagami Family to Nakajima Gym).

I hope that Vivio wouldn't undergo the same fate as Miura, or else they would face the wrath of the white devil Nanoha and Fate.
Nov 12, 2016 9:49 PM

Sep 2015
tunaspikes said:
I really thought that Shamal would be there to heal Miura since, you know, Miura was originally under the Yagami Family's wing. Under Zafira, Vita and Signum (I wonder how did that go from Yagami Family to Nakajima Gym).

Those in the Yagami's family has gotten weaker and weaker every year pass by actually, Shamal maybe able to heal Miura but I doubt she heals better than Ixy now.
Nov 13, 2016 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
The fight wasn't that bad, but looking at the story it seem like Tsuzuki want to make Rinne invincible and is the strongest characters in this series, I'm pretty sure that Vivio will lose against Rinne and make it Fuuka vs Rinne in episode 9.
Nov 13, 2016 2:16 AM

Aug 2013
I alrd know where this'll be going.. but I still root for Vivio...

transformation sequence
Einhart:

Vivio:
VanschiaNov 13, 2016 2:54 AM
Nov 13, 2016 1:01 PM
Oct 2016
At this point I am completely sold on this show. Its doing the Nanoha franchise justice by living up to those intense moments while still being able to do its own thing with the added levels of brutality with Rinne. As for this episode, I always love seeing Vivio fight major characters cause there's a guaranteed intensity to them and I can see two possible ways for things to go for the 5 remaining episodes:

1. Vivio wins the fight and she or Fuuka fights Einhart for the title and win or lose Fuuka fights Rinne afterwards.

2. Vivio loses the fight and either Rinne will lose to Fuuka in the next round who then goes on to fight and win against Einhart or they will contrive some reason for Fuuka and Einhart to switch blocks and Einhart either loses a hard fought battle with Rinne or forfeits the match out disgust or pity which both lead to a climactic championship match between Rinne and Fuuka.

Any of these is a possibility as we have yet to see Fuuka's true potential
Nov 13, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
Nishimura is a hack and this show sucks. R.I.P. my favorite franchise.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Nov 13, 2016 4:30 PM

Apr 2012
Great fight, can't wait to see how it ends, although I have a sinking feeling that Rinne will win
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 13, 2016 6:24 PM

Apr 2011
Good fight episode. Its hard to guess who will win.

I agree that Rinne's figure is better. She has a nice body.
MagitoNov 13, 2016 6:34 PM
Nov 13, 2016 7:07 PM

Dec 2008
Vivio will probably lose which pisses me off as it turns this into a generic formula, where Fuuka will have to fight Rinne to make her 'see the light'. Since the story basically revolves around Fuuka and Rinne at this point.

Whatever, Vivio can lose. I will somewhat be able to tolerate that. However, if Ein loses to either Fuuka or Rinne, I will be beyond pissed off.
Nov 13, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2008
Personally I was just surprised that Ix did the healing. I didn't recall from anything I've seen that she had ungodly healing powers. I mean that was quite the accomplishment. Sure magic, but she must have brought together the utterly demolished bits of bone that used to be Miura's ribs. Gathering them and restoring them to the point that they retained a stable shape. That Miura only has fractured ribs right now after what happened is incredible. Lot shorter recovery time for ribs with fractures than....not having ribs on that side of the body any longer.

Good episode though. Vivio showing why she was/is the main character from the other Vivid series. Very much a MC moment at the end there. And I wouldn't mind her winning. She knows that her winning won't be enough to get through to Rinne, but that's fine. The promise made allows the show to take that route if they want. We still get a Fuka vs Rinne fight. And I liked seeing Vivio pull through despite taking those heavy shots. I like the idea that her love for martial arts and desire to be Rinne's friend is clashing with Rinne's personal anger and lack of care for martial arts.

Of course my gut says Rinne still finds a way to edge out a win. I don't think we need a Miura level injury, the shock value wouldn't be there. If she wins I figure it's based on downs and not a KO. It could easily play out pretty standard. Rinne edges out her win and then faces Fuka. Fuka comes through and topples Rinne in order to face Einhart for the tournament. That fight she likely loses to set up her character arc going forward. She got far, but she has something to continue striving for (surpassing her Kaiser Arts master).
Nov 13, 2016 7:44 PM

Jun 2015
I'm glad Miura is okay. As long as Ixy is with her, she will be fine. The fight between Vivio and Rinne was nerve wracking, especially when Vivio was against the corner. Both trained really hard. But I have a feeling that Vivio is going to lose.
Nov 13, 2016 7:48 PM

Nov 2013
"I want to be your friend, but first I need to beat the crap out of you."

Nanoha and Vivio may not be blood-related, but they are definitely mother and daughter.
Nov 13, 2016 9:25 PM

Sep 2015
I'm still thinking Rinne will win cause her def is powerful.
Nov 13, 2016 9:28 PM
Jun 2015
JGChaves said:

Nanoha and Vivio may not be blood-related, but they are definitely mother and daughter.

Nanoha-mama taught her well.
Nov 13, 2016 9:43 PM
Jan 2009
JGChaves said:

Family tradition to making friends quickly.
Nov 13, 2016 9:52 PM

Oct 2012
Well I'm glad Miura's okay, sad to see her crying alone but she'll bounce back.

Tbh I'm really rooting for Vivio even though I'm fairly certain of the outcome, and it's a bit disappointing that I already know who will probably win, even if I don't personally agree with it. But eh I hope the rest of the fight is still good.

JGChaves said:

lol my thoughts exactly, like mother like daughter xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 13, 2016 11:16 PM

Mar 2008
Hinata said:
I'm still thinking Rinne will win cause her def is powerful.

To be fair that isn't too big a problem for Vivio. She isn't going into this with the mindset that she needs a KO. Right now she has the lead in downs. If she repeats their previous fight and holds that then she wins the decision. Of course I can't imagine it would play out identically. But if she gets 2 more downs she wins in that sense too.

Vivio seems like a great counter to Rinne. That girl is very aggressive. That sets up perfectly for a counter fighter like Vivio. Rinne takes numerous shots trying to rush into Vivio's guard. Vivio can't afford them trading blows, but if she fights smart then she doesn't have to.
Nov 14, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2016
BlurredVision18 said:
Nishimura is a hack and this show sucks. R.I.P. my favorite franchise.
More like Tsuzuki want to destroy this series more than Nishimura make the series worst. I can see Tsuzuki didn't care anythings about Nanoha franchise and what is Nanoha fans thinking anymore after Force was in hiatus/cancelled.
Nov 14, 2016 7:15 AM

May 2008
FlareKnight said:
Good episode though. Vivio showing why she was/is the main character from the other Vivid series. Very much a MC moment at the end there. And I wouldn't mind her winning. She knows that her winning won't be enough to get through to Rinne, but that's fine. The promise made allows the show to take that route if they want. We still get a Fuka vs Rinne fight. And I liked seeing Vivio pull through despite taking those heavy shots. I like the idea that her love for martial arts and desire to be Rinne's friend is clashing with Rinne's personal anger and lack of care for martial arts.

Of course my gut says Rinne still finds a way to edge out a win. I don't think we need a Miura level injury, the shock value wouldn't be there. If she wins I figure it's based on downs and not a KO. It could easily play out pretty standard. Rinne edges out her win and then faces Fuka. Fuka comes through and topples Rinne in order to face Einhart for the tournament. That fight she likely loses to set up her character arc going forward. She got far, but she has something to continue striving for (surpassing her Kaiser Arts master).

I'd say that's a fair prediction of how it'll go, though at the moment they've definitely built this fight in such a way it could go either way. It'll be a really close one, for sure. Based on the name of next episode, though, I think that while Rinne will actually win the fight she'll be left with the question of she actually "won". But if she loses and we still get Fuuka vs. Rinne later, things could still work out. They've made a scenario in which either outcome could work, and I'm excited to see the rest of the fight.
Either way they go, I'm pretty certain that Rinne won't be going 100% on her fight against Fuuka, at least mentally. Vivio will likely get to her and create openings that Fuuka will be able to take advantage of and that's how I can see her winning: It's not exactly realistic if Fuuka beats a focused Rinne, but if she doesn't fight at 100% due to Vivio and Fuuka's words making her lose focus, she has a much better chance. A focused Rinne who doesn't make mistakes is really tough and dangerous, an unfocused one who starts making mistakes and is doubting what she's doing and why makes her easier to defeat. And you can still keep Fuuka's character arc open for a sequel, and even the promise of a rematch with Rinne at 100% without everything weighing on her mind if that's how Fuuka wins.
Nov 14, 2016 8:38 AM

Aug 2016
Nice episode, but I really want to see fuuka fight...
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 14, 2016 12:08 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A great episode as always
I love how this episode while moving the main plot
also expanded on Vivio and Rinne's childhoods and why they chose their paths.
While we already know Rinne's reasons knowing Vivios was also good.
As ever the matches were really well done with Eins scoring the quickest
KO ever.

Damm Miura's injuries look grave
Did Rinne really need to go that far though

Hmm So Rinne doesn't want to show weakness to anyone
not even her teammates eh

Its a good thing that they have a healer among their friends though
but man that was a close match

wow talk about large lol
but her size means that she has a lot of power in her strikes

Eins though looks so cool
Its no wonder she is so popular with the fans lol

Hmm Eins outfit looks pretty normal
but she's the kind of person that prefers not to stand out i guess

Lol that match went pretty fast
just as expected of Eins who easily saw what Janice was aiming to do
Janice's bulk made her slow and Eins easily exploited that
Eins is something else entirely in skill

So that was the first days matches

Its nice to see that Miura's injuries were not life threatening though
That should ease the girls concerns and worries
Hope Vivio is able to get revenge for Miura though

Of course Miura would be sad that she wasn't able to beat Rinne
but she fought the best she could in that match and we all saw that
wow Vivio looked so cute when she was little

Hmm so Vivio and the coach knew each other for ages eh
i always thought that the pair had a good rapport with each other
Hmm so Vivio wants to have a deep discussion with Rinne eh
though you probably have to beat her before she will talk to you

Lol it may be a bother for the others but Miura is able to see Vivios match
arguably the most highly anticipated match for this episode
is Vivios match with Rinne

Vivios adult form though looks so different to her normal look
wow Vivios strikes are lightning fast
but Rinne is equally fast with her counters

I love this episode also focused on Vivio's past and childhood
and why she chose to become a Martial artist
While Fuuka and Rinne are the main characters it doesn't hurt to
expand the support characters as well.

But its only a matter of time before Rinne strikes back unfortunately

Nice comeback from Vivio though
Vivio really deserves to win here
while Rinne has a compelling reason to win
if that means stepping on the pride of everyone else and being horrible to them
then she doesn't deserve to win

Lol Fuuka comparing Eins and Rinne's figure in the end though
Both are equally good in my opinion though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2012
Shingster said:

She was in trouble because of handicap she set for herself, and probably lost control, she said it after match, that it was a close call.

Rinne will recieve beating of her life, if not Vivio, then Fuuka will do it, then, in Nanoha fashion, they will all become friends :)
Nov 14, 2016 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
I can already see Vivio losing next week and i am already mad with this... ¬¬
Nov 14, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2014
eyy looks like Vivio's holding up, tho its pretty predictable at this point, just need Fuuka's kickin ass already!
Nov 15, 2016 2:02 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
kamil88 said:
Shingster said:

She was in trouble because of handicap she set for herself, and probably lost control, she said it after match, that it was a close call.

Rinne will recieve beating of her life, if not Vivio, then Fuuka will do it, then, in Nanoha fashion, they will all become friends :)

Yea probably
but the match between Rinne and Miura was pretty close
Maybe Vivio will be able to beat Rinne next episode
If not Fuuka certainly will
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2016 3:20 AM

Aug 2015
A fairly good episode, but I found the fight between Vivio and Rinne a bit slow.
Nov 17, 2016 10:30 PM

Apr 2014
this fight is better than the last fight but not by much though not to mention the fight is dragged on till next ep so dont know what they will do with the fight will Vivio win or are they just gonna make Rinne win just because this series is more about her and Fuuka will have to wait and see but hopefully they go with the better choice and not just give up the win just because

anyway looking forward to the next ep
"one step at a time"
Nov 18, 2016 10:58 PM

Oct 2008
Vivio is really on a different level, but for the sake of the plot and Fuka facing Rinne, she'll have to lose...oh no...something unexpected or dirty strategy from Rinne might happen...
4/5.

Nov 20, 2016 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
This is basically Mayweather vs Pacquiao if they fought in their primes
LastExile_613.png
Nov 23, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2009
Einhart was amazing!
Mar 22, 2017 3:36 PM

Dec 2016
Rinne has horrible support from her follow Frontier Gym members, Harry going for Vivio & Victoria couldn’t give an answer.

I thought those 2 were like sisters but Victoria has decided to turned her back on Rinne which is really disappointing.
LukesYGO_WSonYTOct 9, 2017 4:44 AM
Jun 8, 2017 6:15 PM

Oct 2010
It was nice to see Rinne admit (if only to herself) that Miura was no pushover.

Let the befriending commence!
Aug 24, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, quite lovely development! Up to the next one.
Sep 28, 2021 5:04 AM

Feb 2014
Lol Einhart won really fast. I wonder who's gonna come out on top between Vivio and Rinne, they're both really strong fighters

The chibi part at the end was funny xD
Mar 20, 2022 11:53 PM

Aug 2018
lol, wtf, that girl is so buff.. ;D Einhard's opponent, I mean..
Apr 16, 2022 11:58 AM

Feb 2020
Einhart won surprisingly quickly.

Rinne vs. Vivio is so intense. What a great fight!

SerafosFeb 20, 12:41 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

67 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.