Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More background storytelling but I have to say..this show has gotten a bit dark from those flashbacks.

I think the broken Scuderia gave Rinne a new resolve to be stronger. Felt bad for her that she got involved with the wrong people. Rinne showed her strength and potential to be a strong fighter again. Those thugs messed with the wrong girl imo :o

In the present timeline, looks more like a chill episode. Can't wait for the upcoming battles especially with some of the other girls introduced.
Oct 29, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
So Rinne had some other things to worry about, well it seems the girls ended up in hospital.
And Rinne had the transfer but that much was expected.

Fuuka finally getting her transformation was nice it seems she has a good partner.
And she can do some sparing now which makes me look forward to her new match.
Oct 29, 2016 10:13 AM

Feb 2008
Bullies family aren't that much better and Rinne still a bit strong, she even had a strong grip, she got even more angry because they bullies people lied.
In end she end up in light punishment with only transfering to another school even thought she send those bullies into hospital.

Fuuka still thinking simple that she just want to give Rinne a real punch and want her old childhood friends back.
Aww a cute device so she would go Hegemon style.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 29, 2016 11:20 AM

Feb 2008
When you want another episode but you had to wait another week.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 29, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2012
Blackbird said:
When you want another episode but you had to wait another week.

At least it's not Sailor Moon Crystal season 1 and 2, you had to wait 2, and sometimes 3 weeks for next episode :(
Oct 29, 2016 3:31 PM

May 2014
Bah, where them subs at.

I know Vividtrans picked it up but did others drop it or something? smh
Oct 29, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2012
WrongPriest said:
Bah, where them subs at.

I know Amazon Prime uk has been airing it, but not sure why this episode is delayed. Haven't looked into that

I know vividtrans is done like a few days after it airs though, so guess we may have to settle on waiting for that if nothing comes today or tomorrow x_x

Oct 29, 2016 10:30 PM

Feb 2008
WrongPriest said:
Bah, where them subs at.

Yes VividTrans probably will get done in a few days so just wait if you want sub.

Oct 29, 2016 11:15 PM
Oct 2016
Hey. Episode 5 has been released yet or not? Im from indonesia and its hard to watch vivid strike online. Where can i watch it online?
Oct 30, 2016 4:01 AM

Jun 2012
_onahighwire said:
Hey. Episode 5 has been released yet or not? Im from indonesia and its hard to watch vivid strike online. Where can i watch it online?

VividTrans group released it today :)
Oct 30, 2016 5:23 AM

Aug 2016
I'm Sooooo happy they continued the back story :D
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 30, 2016 8:19 AM

May 2012
Welp, who'da guess those little kids who bullied Rinne would be brats until the end >_> You'd think after being beat so severely, they'd come around and speak the truth. I also wonder what's up with Jill and why she was an ex-martial artist

So Fuuka's gonna beat the friendship into Rinne. Noice.

Nice to see other Vivid characters back too
OlemOct 30, 2016 8:23 AM

Oct 30, 2016 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
The whole gang is almost there.

I wanna see Sieg and Victor
Oct 30, 2016 9:27 AM

Jun 2012
Good old Nanoha "Im gonna be your friend, after i beat the crap out of you"
Oct 30, 2016 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
kamil88 said:
Good old Nanoha "Im gonna be your friend, after i beat the crap out of you"
Lol yup my thoughts exactly xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 30, 2016 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
even with what happened last ep there was still a bit more that happened to Rinne and of course one of those 3 girls had a brother seriously was some bs though glad they all got dealt with as fast as they did

also this is why i like Fuuka alot cause even with hearing that she didnt let it get her down though it sucks what happened its not like she can change that but at the same time giving her the extra push to wanna help Rinne now all in all good ep and looking forward to more
"one step at a time"
Oct 30, 2016 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
Fuka's on the right track. There's no point getting wrapped up in what happened. If she focuses too much on feeling bad for Rinne then she is losing time that she needs to train in order to help her now. She can't help the Rinne of the past, that's out of her hands. She's got to overcome what Rinne has been shouldering the past 4 years and win.

Yeah, the bullies were still scum. Couldn't accept any responsibility for their actions. Light teasing....do these people want her to come back and break them again? They harassed someone badly for months and then beat her unconscious after breaking her property.

It is about time as well for the Winter Cup to begin. The tournament would require about half the season for all the matches involved. So a good time to get to the fights!
Oct 30, 2016 5:17 PM

Sep 2015
Those bitches lying to their families... like I seriously thought those guys were random thugs trying to "rape" Rinne. Sara whoever you are were of those three bullies, I'm glad your skull and nose or whatever is messed up.

But overall yay Fuuka got her new device, Hura!
Oct 30, 2016 6:54 PM
Jun 2013
Rotted said:
At the 20:13 mark they forgot to censor something.

Looked at it a couple of times, and I didn't see anything that needed censoring... looked like Fuuka was in her sports undies at that point. Unless you think THAT should have been censored.

Also surprised that this is getting an official English sub, tho' it's only in the UK. Which does beg the question: Does the United Kingdom have any of the series of the Nanoha franchise officially subbed (thinking StrikerS and Vivio)?

Lastly, Fuuka-chan has gotten Hura, and Teo's already flirting with Hura. Is Chris gonna get jealous and we now have a "love triangle" among the devices? :D
Oct 30, 2016 7:17 PM

Apr 2011
That little bully scum's family is also a scum. So that crunch sound when she stomped Sara was actually her skull getting fractured. Really cringy. But the three little bitches still deserved it.

Despite all the dark story. Fuuka's focus didn't get broken. She's right. She can't do anything about the past. The point now is to beat the crap of Rinne. No matter how sad her past is she still needs a good old beating' Nanoha style.
MagitoOct 30, 2016 7:29 PM
Oct 30, 2016 10:13 PM

Jun 2015
Rinne's past just got darker by getting kidnapped by one of the girl's brother. She lied what happened to get revenge. Stupid idiot. Those guys got what they deserved. The woman that saved Rinne was also her coach. Just in time too. I didn't think those cats were devices. It's what makes the girls transform. Glad to see Fuka is focused. Lingering in the past is not smart. Just overcome it and keep fighting. Looking forward for the upcoming matches.
Oct 30, 2016 11:37 PM
Aug 2016
This show is just getting better per episode!
I can't wait until the next one comes out. :D :P <3
Oct 31, 2016 1:27 AM

Jun 2012
Hell yeah time for some good 'ol Nanoha style befriending!
Oct 31, 2016 5:29 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I thought Rinne would get in much more trouble than this... And now I wonder, who received the most abuse, her or Fate.

I enjoy the show so far but I do not like the martial arts direction. Seems like it became an important part after the Vivid installment.
Nov 1, 2016 10:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Great episode as always

Hmm i love how these two episodes explore Rinne's backstory
To think that Rinne wanted to become strong because of this incident
Certainly understandable though

Its nice to see that Rinne's adapted parents are so kind though

Too bad that Rinne has to change schools though
even though those bullies deserved it

To think that Rinne would want to repeal the adoption ruling and go back
to her life before though. Though after such a incident that is normal i guess.

Hmm thats how Rinne actually met Gill eh
Wow Gille was pretty powerful then and probably she is lol

To think that the brother actually thinks that her sister who was one of the
bullies was innocent. Even teasing counts as bullying you know

Well now that Fuuka understands what made Rinne into what she is now
she seems focused on beating Rinne

Hmm the bath house sure looks nice though
and its nice that the girls have been waiting until now to ask Fuuka her thoughts
now that she has heard Rinne's story

Its nice that Fuuka realizes that Rinne is the person that she is now because she
learnt and grew from what happened to her and that her anguish from that time
actually made her stronger and is no longer the weak willed girl that Fuuka knew

Now that is over Fuuka is determined to beat Rinne and the girls are ready to
support her.

Wow Fuuka intelligent device is cute
No wonder the girl carried it in a basket

Hmm the sparring partners all look to be interesting characters
it will interesting to see how they fight

Chevelle's transformation was pretty well done
as expected of a swords master her transformation features swords
I liker her transformation outfit as well

Hura though is so cute
and wow we finally get to see Fuuka's transformation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2016 7:08 PM
Jan 2016
Loving this series so far much much darker than I even thought possible for this particular show reminds me alot of flcl and kill la kill with fast paced colorful story tling while still remaining extremely serialized.
Nov 2, 2016 1:07 PM

Dec 2009
Last ep was doomy and violent, this ep slides into naked lolis.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 2, 2016 5:28 PM

Feb 2010
Homura_ said:
I thought Rinne would get in much more trouble than this... And now I wonder, who received the most abuse, her or Fate.

Homu homu
I think Fate. Or at least Rinne was in better situation.
Rinne: parents loves her, she is rich, she got bullied by 3 girls (yeah that's very bad/sad)
Fate: not really parent (she is clone of her daughter) that whip you for "small things", you have to fight (maybe risking your life) for your "mother" (described before), you have familiar that loves you
Rinne's past was very bad... but thinking about Fate's past makes me cringe. Those whip scenes... it's too much even for person like me that is ok/like with guro.
Nov 2, 2016 11:11 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Wannabiteme said:

Rinne: parents loves her, she is rich, she got bullied by 3 girls (yeah that's very bad/sad)
Fate: not really parent (she is clone of her daughter) that whip you for "small things", you have to fight (maybe risking your life) for your "mother" (described before), you have familiar that loves you
Rinne's past was very bad... but thinking about Fate's past makes me cringe. Those whip scenes... it's too much even for person like me that is ok/like with guro.

At least, Fate had a really good future, meeting Nanoha, Eriol, Caro and Vivio, whom she considers all of them family. And with Rinne, you can tell she was more attached to her grandfather than anyone else.
Nov 3, 2016 1:44 AM

Feb 2010
Homura_ said:
Wannabiteme said:

At least, Fate had a really good future, meeting Nanoha, Eriol, Caro and Vivio, whom she considers all of them family. And with Rinne, you can tell she was more attached to her grandfather than anyone else.

Sure, she may like her grandfather more than her parents but her parents weren't bad (as for 5th episode).
And we are at 5th episode (middle of the story) so I guess her good future is waiting for her.
Nov 3, 2016 9:24 PM

Oct 2008
So that's how Coach Jill found Rinne and trained her to be the strongest!...
More past info for Rinne's past.
Fuka sparring with adults is the fastest way to improve because they are the same level as Rinne.
4/5.

Nov 4, 2016 7:13 PM

Aug 2014
tbh I'm not really enjoying the Rinne storyline, I just want to see the girls train and combat each other.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Nov 6, 2016 3:51 AM

Jul 2009
Rinne had a hard time.
Mikaya reminds me of Fate, it's like a blue haired Fate-chan!
Jan 30, 2017 9:41 PM
Aug 2015
I don't think that Rich people should get there way all the time because Rinne is from a rich family the girls she betup half to death do not even get justice for the pan and sifting yes they do disvrv it but I agree with the older brother what he said and Rinne did not even get punished for her actions against them I like to see a second season vivid strike maybe the older brother little sister Sara comes back for revenge that would be a cool storyline for season 2
Mar 22, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2016
Those 3 bitches lied about everything. Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse.

Watching Fuuka set up and fight like that for the 1st time was really cool.
Aug 20, 2017 5:15 PM

May 2012
Tssk they even moved the blame on her... quite a sad backstory, but great character development! Really liking it so far. Let's see what's next.

#GetRektFckingBtches
Aug 21, 2017 7:07 PM

Apr 2011
Hinata said:
Those bitches lying to their families... like I seriously thought those guys were random thugs trying to "rape" Rinne. . . .

That almost happened, if you ask me. After Sara's brother picked Rinne up and knocked her down again, you'd hear the sound of something being ripped off, so yeah, the thugs might have intended to rough her up like that from the start. Despite him attempting to take that route, Rinne's top was never entirely torn to leave her topless.

Apart from that, my only disappointment in this episode was that, it was Jill who dealt the final blow to Sara's brother. Could've been more satisfying if it was Rinne who delivered the finisher; that would've surely taught Sara's brother not to mess with girls younger than him for the rest of his life. Knowing Rinne, she could've thrown that guy real hard to send him flying past through the arcade machines and into a wall, denting it real good.
DarkTempestAug 21, 2017 7:11 PM
Mar 4, 2020 12:22 PM

Sep 2016
Savage when Rinne asked Sara's brother "which was Sara again among the three?" I could feel the heat of the burn from here.

Now it's time for Rinne's redemption.
I won't be satisfied if this series doesn't end with Fuuka beating Rinne and then teaching her a lesson by not doing like she did (aka becoming what they swore to be against) but instead tend her a friendly hand to help her get up, and then...what follows.

I'll see.
bruh
Nov 4, 2020 11:07 AM
Dec 2013
And this is why you should not fight back against your bullies. Because your bully's psycho older brother would kidnap you if you did.
Sep 26, 2021 3:30 AM

Feb 2014
Awww Hura is so cute!!!!

Fuuka's transformation was pretty cool

Rinne's backstory has been wrapped up, so it's a lot easier to understand her character now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2022 3:11 PM

Aug 2018
Well, they said that they could get healed, and also no real consequences, so I guess bullies just got really hard beating, that's it.. Well, good, as overkill would be a bit too much..
Not sure, if Rinne eventually maybe plans to kill these girls, or at least one who lied.. Well, probably they all lied, I imagine.. Wonder, if Rinne is still into this idea even at present day, or left it behind.. Who knows..
Apr 11, 2022 1:00 PM

Apr 2020
Rinne was like "Who tf was Sara?" 🤣
Apr 16, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2020
Rinne's backstory was really interesting.

Coach Jill is such a badass! Those guys got what they deserved.

Mikaya's transformation was very cool.

Furacan is so adorable. =^_^=

SerafosFeb 20, 12:37 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

67 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.