Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About 40 mins of recap of TV series w. Kuroyurihime's narration (especially with that very painful arc that took most of the TV series being short with cool soundtrack) before new thing follows.

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 23, 2016 11:30 PM
Apr 2013
If you're an anime-only fan, you'll be perplexed, bewildered even. If you've read the light novels, you'll be disappointed. And as for me, I'm somewhere in between.

The recaps were awful. Bad pacing, draggy, I fell asleep while watching it. They literally cut and pasted cuts from the first two arcs! Noumi did not get a mention, or even a shot of his face!

The film itself is a letdown. You have this acute sense that you're entering the middle of a long and complicated story with many references you're not sure where they came from. Who are all these new characters? What are their abilities and motives? What new things did Haru learn to do, and for god's sake what is that pixie of light thing that appears from his chest?

When you're missing so much of the story's deeper meaning, you also fail to grasp the emotional moments when they're played up. The newcomers are reduced to one-liners, Nyx herself feels underpowered, and when Niko transforms her Armament into a bus, you sit up and realise that that alone probably commands a bigger slice of the budget pie more than everyone. We don't even know the name of Risa's duel avatar!

The film should have been longer. Squish the recap even shorter because no one is interested in listening to Sachika Misawa for 38 minutes straight, and flesh out some of the new characters more thoroughly. If their goal is to get someone to read the light novels, don't leave a bad taste in their mouth at least.
TusjechtJul 23, 2016 11:41 PM
Jul 24, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2015
i already got the raws, but only hear bad things out of it from every site i use... should i watch it? not really fans of it and only watch tv series...

EDIT: post in here even make it look like it worse than i think...
KumaJul 24, 2016 4:11 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 24, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2013
Tusjecht said:
If you're an anime-only fan, you'll be perplexed, bewildered even. If you've read the light novels, you'll be disappointed. And as for me, I'm somewhere in between.

The recaps were awful. Bad pacing, draggy, I fell asleep while watching it. They literally cut and pasted cuts from the first two arcs! Noumi did not get a mention, or even a shot of his face!

The film itself is a letdown. You have this acute sense that you're entering the middle of a long and complicated story with many references you're not sure where they came from. Who are all these new characters? What are their abilities and motives? What new things did Haru learn to do, and for god's sake what is that pixie of light thing that appears from his chest?

When you're missing so much of the story's deeper meaning, you also fail to grasp the emotional moments when they're played up. The newcomers are reduced to one-liners, Nyx herself feels underpowered, and when Niko transforms her Armament into a bus, you sit up and realise that that alone probably commands a bigger slice of the budget pie more than everyone. We don't even know the name of Risa's duel avatar!

The film should have been longer. Squish the recap even shorter because no one is interested in listening to Sachika Misawa for 38 minutes straight, and flesh out some of the new characters more thoroughly. If their goal is to get someone to read the light novels, don't leave a bad taste in their mouth at least.
how about the animation and fight instead?
is it good?

feels bad for anyone out there who hype waiting this movie :D
Jul 24, 2016 11:17 AM
Apr 2013
alyya said:
how about the animation and fight instead?
is it good?

feels bad for anyone out there who hype waiting this movie :D

Fights are alright, honestly. If that's all that matters, then the fights are good.
Jul 24, 2016 11:49 AM
May 2015
So basically, they pulled a "Sword Art Online: Extra Edition" move and decided to put 40 minutes of recaps and the rest are new, albeit disappointing content?

Jul 24, 2016 6:06 PM
Apr 2013
jc9622 said:
So basically, they pulled a "Sword Art Online: Extra Edition" move and decided to put 40 minutes of recaps and the rest are new, albeit disappointing content?

Pretty much. I feel that this was a horrible misrepresentation to call it a movie when they said specifically that it would take place after the current lineup of light novels. I didn't want to believe that that was true, that they would screw over the entirety of the casual fanbase, but they went ahead and did it.
Jul 25, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2011
I heard that the movie really tanked because of how it was mis-advertised. If I'm correct they kept on hyping it promising new content only to get shafted with a 40 minute, poorly-paced recap.
Jul 26, 2016 7:29 AM
Aug 2008
I liked it,
It was not bad perse, but i agree that they should Have left
The recap out. Fill out the blanks for non light novel readers,
And flesh out the New and original characters.
That would Have Made the Movie a lot better.
Jul 26, 2016 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
40 minutes recap of the TV series, but the pacing was poor. The art, quality and the animation were pretty good!

The movie was alright and the actions weren't that bad, but the pacing of the storyline felt quite rushed. It will be better if they flesh out the details about the new and original characters.
removed-userJul 26, 2016 10:29 PM
Jul 26, 2016 11:03 PM
Nov 2012
Hey guys, may I ask an opinion about if it's worth watching 'for me personally'. I'm curious about this series and I've seen a few episodes but it wasn't enough to make me care to continue watching it. I just want to become familiar with general story and I could read a wiki plot but this seems like it would be better. I'm not interested in subtle character development and definitely not side characters, should I watch this or will I miss too much?
If you think you can convince me to watch it, go ahead(maybe i don't know if it will get good) but take note of what I've gathered so far

is there anything more to it, any plot twists soon? if not I can't see myself watching it. if it's just about people fighting over the time thing. Maybe if the character tries to use it in interesting ways to fulfill a goal but I don't know.
Jul 27, 2016 3:54 PM

Jan 2016
So we wait since 2012 and get this crap ass movie, i guess this means that we will never ever get a proper second season. As an fan of the series i have to agree with Tusjecht, this is an insult.
Jul 29, 2016 9:59 AM

Jun 2013
Little disapointed about 40 min recap but the Black Lotus's team are so interested.
At least Blue Knight and Purple Thorn make a appearance and show their power in movie.
The movie is ok and I have just hoped for a SS2.
Jul 31, 2016 3:41 AM
Jul 2016
I'm sorry can I ask?
Who metatora? And who girl use bow?
Aug 4, 2016 7:55 AM

May 2012
It's a shame. Though I care less now, I had been really looking forward to a continuation back when I saw S1. But it sounds like there's no real reason for a non-LN reader to even bother with this.

Welp...guess it's time to sell the figmas.
Aug 6, 2016 6:32 PM
Nov 2015
If this is a recap of Accel World, is it necessary to watch the anime first or can I just watch this to save time?
Aug 6, 2016 9:35 PM

May 2015
40 minutes of recap?
Showing stuff that hasn’t happened in the TV series? Stuff only people that have read and are up-to-date with the LNs will get?

They are basically telling anime-only-fans to forget about a possible second season at this point. Besides this so-called movie, it seems the really don’t plan to invest more of their money and time into this franchise.

"...Want more, you say? Just read the LNs and stop bothering us already, because there is no more...." ~your best friends, the producers and publishers

japaniMay said:
If this is a recap of Accel World, is it necessary to watch the anime first or can I just watch this to save time?

It seems that is half recap, half original content.

I’d suggest to watch the series first, if really interested.
Also, if the whole “people + virtual reality + games” theme isn’t your thing (or are tired of it), I would skip this series all together.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Aug 12, 2016 3:01 PM

May 2012
The blu-ray is out, but I did not watch it because there is no subs yet
Aug 15, 2016 4:25 PM

Jan 2009
Goodness gracious... I sure hope that this wasn't supposed to be a real standalone movie, because if it was, I'd feel royally cheated, with the first 37 minutes being pure rehash.

Then again, it wasn't really a teaser for a second season either, because it would have to be timed so absurdly late in the story. Ardor Maiden, Aqua Current returning to Nega Nebulas, Rin, even Metatron... what would that mean? Past volume 16 at least, and the 2-cour first anime ended at the end of volume 4. Instead of jumping in the timeline so absurdly, do S2, for crying out loud.

On the plus side, I really liked the OST. Especially the piece starting around timecode 0:37:00. The full version hasn't been released yet, has it?
Sep 13, 2016 5:57 AM
Apr 2016
guys what site can I be able to watch this or be able to download the movie?
Sep 20, 2016 3:38 AM
Aug 2008
For now it is still unsubbed.
so you can't watch it yet.
Nov 20, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 2014
I watched it in bad subs but good movie.... though 40 mins recap was narrative
Nov 21, 2016 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
Seriously, for me as anime-only fan, there are too2 many plot holes in this movie...just like it's skip many events after the last episode of Accel World anime....curious with some new character in Nega Nebulus like Ardor Maiden & Metatron.....Definitely its have to continue to 2nd season first before aired this movie....very disappoint.....
Dec 16, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Not seen S1 in years but the recap wasn't great, as for the new content, it was cool to see? but it sucks just flat out not knowing some characters >.<

At best this movie just reminded me why I like the show, maybe if we ever see a season 2 *crosses fingers* it would deserve a better rating from myself? but as is, it fell kinda flat compared to the show.
Dec 19, 2016 6:07 AM
Feb 2012
After not being able to find any decent subs for this show, I straight out watched it unsubbed (not that it mattered, really). Skipping the recap for obvious reasons, I had the modest pleasure of watching a somewhat longer OVA; enough to entertain you for a bit but most certainly not enough to warrant the price of a movie ticket.

The only real positive I took from this is my decision to grab the translated light novels and hopefully continue from where I left off in 2012.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 23, 2016 5:15 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely movie I must say, the overall atmosphere was really lovely to experience again and in general it sure was a fun watch!
Dec 31, 2016 3:26 PM

Sep 2015
37 mins of filler at the start... kay

Very disappointing movie that I have waited for...
Looks like a bunch of off-screen stuff happened so all us who have only seen the anime series are confused. Looks like I have to buy the LNs...
Jan 3, 2017 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
bloody hell y was half of it a dam recap almost killed it befor movie started recaps didnt even cover the stuff that happend in between the TV series n the movie
Jan 7, 2017 6:25 AM

Nov 2014
Hinata said:
37 mins of filler at the start... kay

Very disappointing movie that I have waited for...
Looks like a bunch of off-screen stuff happened so all us who have only seen the anime series are confused. Looks like I have to buy the LNs...
Jan 16, 2017 3:03 AM
May 2009
Thought it was ok.
Loved the anime series but I am not one to read manga so though I mostly understood the ending it was all crammed into 40mins. There was just no time for any emotional character building, to revisit characters & left many plot holes (which I am sure the manga would have explained)

My personal conclusion, glad I saw it & I think I finally found a series I enjoy to the extent I will start buying the manga -read it start to finish- so as to fill in all the gaps!
Jan 20, 2017 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
Movie was garbage, so many plotholes and who the hell are those new characters? Also 38 min of recap is dumb. I want a 2nd season for this stuff to be explained
Jan 27, 2017 10:22 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, big disappointment. Way too much recap, way too little new story. And that's just for starters.
Jan 30, 2017 12:15 AM

Apr 2014
46 minutes in and I'm already bored. Gonna be a fun ride!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2017 8:53 AM

Dec 2014
It seems someone among the creators were concerned about how much the viewers would remember the story so they ended up a huge flashback...the battle animation was good..the story moved a bit further.....left me perplexed

Apr 8, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2012
Y U SKIPING SHET?!

I liked the 1st half better
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 16, 2017 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
Goodbye season 2 and time to read the LN

I feel sorry for people who watch this bad movie on theaters
May 21, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2012
The 1st half was recap, but I did like the 2nd half

I hope they make 2nd season someday !!
May 29, 2017 12:43 AM

Jan 2014
half of it are recap of anime, which is waste of time watching them again..
I love the battle scene, but we missed on how Silver Crow gaining so much ability and how he met Metatron. I'm not a novel reader so I only follow the story from anime & movie.

I would give it 8-9 if only there's no recap.
Jun 24, 2017 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
*skips recap*
We start off the new content with gymnastics.
Risa has a nice booty.
Will she get hurt?
Logo appears 38 minutes in. LMAO
Grab that ass.
Oppai thruster.
Metatron oppai.

Best part was the Ending song. Kotoko x Altima. LAWD!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 4, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2009
damn they expect us to know the light novels right? since they did not explain who is Metatron and what are the powers of the rest of the 6 kings

but that Nyx goddess is too strong, they only beaten it by waking up the girl Nyx is protecting
Jul 31, 2017 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
The sub finally out and boy was it fun.
Those recap...well, I guess it's good to know after such a long time.
Nxy's true form is nasty...I like her human form better.
It's just so good and finishes it before I even noticed.
9/10
Aug 24, 2017 11:01 PM

Aug 2012
Sorry excuse for a movie. Unneeded long recaps that takes more than half the content with too many plot holes. Should've explained the gaps between anime season 1 and this movie but instead they went for the unimportant recap that didn't even connect directly with the movie. Pure trash and waste of time, should've give this 1/10 but the animation quality and the good soundtrack bumped it to 3/10 ╮(╯︵╰,)╭
Oct 27, 2017 11:04 AM
Aug 2014
Finally watched this; like many, have mixed feellings.

I dont mind movies with recap: they make a good refresher of the series, especially if its been a while since one watched it. It helped me personally with regards to Aoki Hagane movie 1.

The new content is nice though....plenty of major spoilers for later novels. If I didnt spoil myself ages beforehand, I would've been confused.

isekai said:
damn they expect us to know the light novels right? since they did not explain who is Metatron and what are the powers of the rest of the 6 kings

but that Nyx goddess is too strong, they only beaten it by waking up the girl Nyx is protecting

I'll give you Metatron, but they did kinda explain the powers of the 6 Kings in the series. Vaguely, but it was there.

Every avatar is differentiated by their color. Their color is a major indication on what their strength and weaknesses are. Most avatars have mixture of colors, hence like Lime, Cyan, Silver, Rust etc.

The Kings of Pure Color are named as such is because their avatar is of the primary pure color, hence their strength with regards to their color is next to none.
The powers their color gives, iirc:
Blue: Best at close combat
Red: Best at range combat
Green: Best defense
White: not sure, but I think best support.
Purple: Best "magic"(elementals) user with Purple Thorn herself being the strongest lightning user.
Yellow: Best at guile and illusions
Black: not sure if it was stated but best physical resistance (or it could just be an individual trait of Lotus herself who is immunce to grapple moves)

Silver itself has powerful resistances, almost comparable to a King of Pure Color.
Dec 2, 2017 10:45 PM

Nov 2011
I give it a very generous 5/10 as I like the Accel World franchise.

But damn, this was very forgettable for a movie. The 40 minute recap was not well done and I had to skip it after watching it just for 5 minutes. The rest of it felt messy and I couldn't connect with the story. It just felt like all the other Kings and whatnot were there for the sake of it.

Cheesy ending and just in general, a very blend movie.
Stark700Dec 14, 2017 8:26 AM
Dec 29, 2017 11:01 PM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
I give it a very generous 5/10 as I like the Accel World franchise.

But damn, this was very forgettable for a movie. The 40 minute recap was not well done and I had to skip it after watching it just for 5 minutes. The rest of it felt messy and I couldn't connect with the story. It just felt like all the other Kings and whatnot were there for the sake of it.

Cheesy ending and just in general, a very blend movie.

I agree with you, though I still enjoyed this. At least it feels better than the second half of the first season. It's unfortunate, this could have been something good if they hadn't wasted the first 40 minutes with recaps. I guess limited budget, which is a shame. After this, it is hard to imagine us getting anything more for Accel World because I doubt it performed well enough to garner more funding for the series.
Jan 2, 2018 2:53 AM

Jan 2011
Oh boy, a bunch of shit that the anime never even covered. Kinda defeats the purpose of the recap. Had its moments though.
Jan 6, 2018 7:05 AM

May 2014
It's been 4 years since I watched the series, and this was freaking amazing! This is why I loved this show, the animation is stunning, the story is cool, and the characters are lit.

Only disappointing this was it showing characters we didn't know and stuff, but I enjoyed the recap..
If anything, we should just get a S2!

Jan 11, 2018 8:25 PM

Jun 2010
Given what I know of the novel summaries (I'm only on volume 6 so past the anime ending at least), just how far ahead does the actual movie take place? I take it it's past the Armor of Catastrophe and Metatron arcs at the least.
May 4, 2018 10:37 PM

Sep 2013
Well that was a letdown. After the 40 minute recap I was bored and uninterested. I probably would have enjoyed the new material more if they hadn't led with recap material.

5/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 22, 2018 10:15 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
It was awesome to see all the Kings! I thought the recap was good and highlighted good moments. The new stuff and unexplained, just think of it as fast forward into the future. New comrades, new powers, etc. Wasn't hard to understand XD I enjoyed and loved this movie like I love Accel World 10/10
張大です for 張大勇督察
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Could this mean a second season?

bhaktivinoda - Jul 17, 2016

2 by valoon »»
Apr 20, 2022 2:02 PM

» Where to find subtitles? (srt)

AntonyAV - Jan 5, 2017

2 by HimeCrycho »»
May 30, 2017 8:05 PM

» BD relase in september 28th

ZastinCurtiss - Jul 9, 2016

11 by thepath »»
Nov 28, 2016 6:41 AM

» this just the anime cut down into a movie

audac1ous - Nov 22, 2016

0 by audac1ous »»
Nov 22, 2016 5:31 PM

» My frustration with Infinite burst being a movie

Ratchetdude231 - Feb 10, 2016

24 by OppaiSugoi »»
Oct 1, 2016 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.