Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
Not as I expected, but it's good I guess.
I expect Biba and Ikoma will both die due to them fighting each other, but guess this is fine too.
Didn't catch that "white blood"...didn't Ikoma use the "black blood" did Biba do something to make it white? A bit confuse here.
Overall, it's an enjoyable series and I still hate Biba and his men.
8/10
Jul 1, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2013
5/10
The development of the story was pretty bad.
Jul 1, 2016 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
Ikoma is still not dead? Pffff.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 1, 2016 2:39 PM
Jun 2013
It was good especially the sound track and the animation. Overall it was your typical boss fight, good ending type so a lot of people's cheesed about how it didn't meet their expectation cause they are comparing it to other similar anime. However I enjoyed it, the last episode was filled with couple of good heartwarming moments, I know they could have drawn it longer so the character can have a bit more depth. solid 8/10 in my books.
Jul 1, 2016 2:49 PM

Nov 2014
Lol Ikoma now able to kamehameha the train. That's a nice power indeed.

Ayame was a badass princess. And Kurusu'm blush was really cute. I'll give it a 6/10 for them.
Jul 1, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2013
What the heck happened to the story, it was about Kabane and survival then it all turned into brother side story.

After mid way of the series, it felt very rushed and could easily do with 24 episodes with better explanation and survival. AVERAGE anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2016 3:04 PM

May 2015
I felt a bit let down by the ending. Felt rushed and...idk different. And is it just me or did Ikoma and Mumei sound different? Their voices sounded off to me.

I mean they accomplished what they set out to do...but...they could have spent more time on THE BATTLE between Ikoma and Biba since it was supposed to be a huge deal.

I did like the surprise fact that Biba was a Kabaneri...didn't expect it.

But I will agree with what someone said already...the show went kinda downhill for me after Biba was introduced...everything felt boring, confusing and rushed after he came into the show.

But overall I did enjoy the show...it just could have had a better ending.
(>'.')> I have Aspergers (Autism), so if I say something "rude" it doesn't mean I'm trying to be mean or rude! I state my mind and say things bluntly, I don't have a built in filter on what I say. So please don't jump to conclusions! <('.'<)
Jul 1, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2015
I hoped Ayame got more role in ep 12 :/

and I hear it'll get (recap) movie. hope it'll be better.
Jul 1, 2016 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
Loved the setting, truly amazed by the art, liked the characters, and found the ending and overall story very satisfactory, if predictable.

Execution could have been better though. So: 8/10

Reall liked that Biba turned out to be a kabaneri, perhaps even the first, and by the looks of it, became one in pretty much the same fashion as Ikoma. It makes his character, while no less evil, so much more understandable. I'd actually be quite interested in a prequel focussing on Biba's rise from being abandonned on the battlefield to building his army.

Something else I'm curious about: did anyone get when exactly Biba injected Ikoma with the white blood? I'm getting the impression that particular scene was cut, which is why we're now left merely with Mumei noting that it must have been her "brother's" doing.

Renaultclio101 said:
What the heck happened to the story, it was about Kabane and survival then it all turned into brother side story.

After mid way of the series, it felt very rushed and could easily do with 24 episodes with better explanation and survival. AVERAGE anime

Yes, they forced a bit too much plot in there.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 1, 2016 3:06 PM

Jun 2015
It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Everybody said it was going to be an absolute trainwreck and it ended up being pretty a-okay. Though it was rushed and could have done a bit better with even 13 episodes, or maybe 24. Also Ayame still the best girl.
Jul 1, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2014
ixaa said:
Also Ayame still the best girl.

No

Don't tell me you forgot about that?
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 1, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
Laionidas said:
ixaa said:
Also Ayame still the best girl.

No

Don't tell me you forgot about that?

She's a close second
Jul 1, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
ixaa said:
She's a close second

Fair enough.

That episode was in fact the highlight of the show for me, and not (only) because of Yukina. It felt much more like an epic ending than the actual finale did.
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 1, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not usually one to judge individual episodes against each other in a series, but I'll put roughly what I thought here:
4 > [1 >= 12 >= 6 >= 2] > 11 > [8 >= 5 >= 9] > [10 >= 3 >= 7]
I expect almost no one to agree. Guess I was just able to enjoy some of the episodes after Biba was introduced (especially this one) more than previous episodes.
Jul 1, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 2014
Fabulous series 9/10 for me, hope they have a second series when ready. 13 episodes would have been better than 12 of course but don't think it really suffered from the reduction.
Jul 1, 2016 4:27 PM

Oct 2010
Alright, let's convene a War Crimes Tribunal on Ayame.

Glitchytronics said:
Also, it kinda bothered me how Mumei (Ayame as well) didn't even seem remotely phased about the fact she just helped massacre an entire city.

Noraf46 said:
It was super nice of Ayame to let the group of remorseless murderers on board just because they asked nicely. But I guess since she's also a remorseless murderer there's just some type of bro code there.

Angry_Always said:
And yes, choosing to save your friends over thousands of people IS selfishness.

Here are some thoughts on that from an objectivist, a follower of our most popular proponent of selfishness, Ayn Rand: https://www.theobjectivestandard.com/2013/09/spocks-illogic-the-needs-of-the-many-outweigh-the-needs-of-the-few/

Later in the film, when crewman Chekov is in trouble, Spock insists that the crew save him, even at risk of jeopardizing the crew’s vital mission to save Earth and everyone on it. Kirk asks, “Is this the logical thing to do?” Spock answers, “No, but it is the human thing to do.” Although Spock reaffirms his claim that the needs of the many logically outweigh the needs of the few, he suggests that sometimes we must do the “human” thing, not the logical thing, and put the needs of the few (or the one) first.

(...)The reason Kirk was right to help Spock is not that doing so was “human” as against “logical”; rather, he was right to help Spock because, given the immense value that Spock is to Kirk, both as a friend and as a colleague, and given that the mission to help Spock was feasible, helping him was the logical and thus human thing to do.

Another: http://www.ethicssage.com/2015/03/do-the-needs-of-the-many-outweigh-the-needs-of-the-few.html

Humans might argue in rebuttal that Spock had an inalienable right to live and while dying for one’s cause might serve the greater good, it doesn’t justify sacrificing a life.

I feel that Ayame's decision is a hard one even to make armchair judgments about, so I have more of a problem with it being ignored afterward than I have with her having made that choice. It could have been effective if she'd at least been wracked by guilt over it afterward. My apathy in this case is also related to my view of the show as pretty stupid in general. To me human lives feel cheap in the KnK world by this point, because they've repeatedly been thrown away en masse as mere means to the writer's ends.

Olem said:
To be fair, there was literally no other choice. Though she wasn't really part of the group's first plans to escape, it was evident that there was no point in attempting to escape by force since more of her people would die like Ikoma's friend did. They were pretty much hostages. It's pretty messed up, yeah, but it was the most sensible thing for her to do if she wanted her and her people to survive. Not like I don't understand what you mean though :v And anyway, this is more about my preferences, tbh. I'd applaud her and her bravery, and how she kept trying to keep order while protecting her people.

The best defense I could think of would be to argue that Biba would have got in one way or another even without Ayame's help. That doesn't exactly absolve her, nor would it save her from the consequences that never came (except for very justifiably having a gun pointed at her). I find it odd that while Ikoma and Mumei got a surprisingly happy ending, Ayame was forced to do this without even being tossed a bone like, say, Biba will kill less people if he's let in than he will if he has to break in. (After the Shogun was dead and the city in his control, what was the point of destroying the rest of the city with Black Smoke Dragonfly Dog Mumei? Just to give Ikoma something to do?)

Topic over, now on to random banter

kamisama751 said:

Baka-Hiru said:

•Wait, since when can the Ayame key work on the Biba train? *It's ayame's train to begin with. Biba's train was rekt by Ikoma

Strange, as I remember the train to Kongokaku is made of the train body from Ayame and train head of Biba. So there is no reason that the Ayame key should fit in.

The train was made of the two trains stuck together, with the Koutetsujou locomotive in the caboose position at the back. It was likely also under power (pushing the train in reverse). They're easy to tell apart - Biba's locomotive is rounded and looks nothing like the Koutetsujou's.

http://koutetsujou-no-kabaneri.wikia.com/wiki/Kokujou

By the way, I'm leaning toward the opinion that the design of the Koutetsujou locomotive is the actual best thing of any kind in this entire show. Damn, I want to make a papercraft of that iron beast and stick it on a model train for lulz.

Laionidas said:
ixaa said:
She's a close second

Fair enough.

That episode was in fact the highlight of the show for me, and not (only) because of Yukina. It felt much more like an epic ending than the actual finale did.

Ah, Shitori Station... a flash of greatness before Biba's night of nonsense.

Angry_Always said:
nDroae said:
I'd just like to highlight one thing that deserves more attention: Ayame's little speech to the people of Kongokaku about eliminating "our doubting hearts and minds," which was DESTROYED by her having just betrayed those very same people, directly leading to the deaths of their own wives, children, parents, friends....

Eh, in the end I still like Ayame.

Mumei, too. I can't hold against them that they were written into situations I wish they'd been spared from. (Not that I *sympathize* with Mumei the way the writers intended, but I don't revile her the way many viewers seem to.)

Star Trek conundrum? "The needs of the many...."

Oddly enough, I find it much easier to forgive their mass genocide than to forgive male characters in romance anime who don't treat their women right (I haven't yet encountered a memorable female character who did likewise).

I love this show in the brief moments when it's just Oddball Family On A Train, without the daft villainy and attempts at commentary on human nature.

I am more sympathetic to Mumei as she didn't actually know what she was doing and never intended for anyone to get hurt, Ayame should be smart enough to know what the fuck she was doing but she let it happen anyway and still acts like some kind of moral compass.

Hate that bitch.

Yeah, I expected you'd feel that way about Mumei since you said you loved the show aside from Ayame, just figured I'd mention Mumei as well.

The romance thing... I think I would surmise that the focus of the anime is different, in this the theme is survival and in romance the theme is love and relationships. Thus the evil done in the 'survival' genre can easily be comparable to the 'evil' done in the romance genre.

It depends on what you view as evil. I personally despise pushover main characters who are completely dense to how a girl is feeling unless it is explicitly told to him and I also despise hypocrites who cause the death of thousands. Because the themes are both the major component of either anime, they can be equal in how they make you feel.

Well said. One example I had in mind was the male lead in SDF Macross, which is both a survival anime and a romance anime. And the romance dragged down my rating of the show. :D

I put my own views of evil aside to some extent for certain types of media, for instance anything with violent criminals for protagonists. (Here I cut off the rest of what I wrote and put it near the top of this textwall)

Baka-Hiru said:
I like to agree with you I really do but......

with a face like that I can't. Cute is justice. Even if she kills innocent people she can just say my bad Tehe :P

That too.

._.

Shall we allow Japanese cartoons to make scumbags of us all?
nDroaeJul 1, 2016 4:37 PM
Jul 1, 2016 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
Quite literally a trainwreck.
Jul 1, 2016 4:43 PM
Oct 2009
It's really a shame how the word "trainwreck" means nothing these days.

Just another synonym for "I didn't like this" or something to that same effect.

This finale was so predictable and not even remotely crazy or surprising.

If the show had truly gone off a random cliff, I'd see some sense in calling it that. But nope. Hero saves girl. Hero almost dies. Villain dies. Everyone is happy. That's...not something which would remotely shock or anger me.

Well, I suppose it's the hype backlash that is to blame. You shouldn't expect much out of bandwagons, either way.
jgomezgJul 1, 2016 4:46 PM
Jul 1, 2016 4:48 PM

May 2015
Poor character and story development, lack of a well-rounded villain and/or final conflict, and a rushed ending makes this a disappointment... But hey, at least we got a “happy” ending... Good for Ikoma and Mumei... You won’t be missed though.

If they feel like it, I can see this getting a continuation... this time about them finding the origins of the Kabane and whatnot. Although, I wouldn’t be upset if it doesn’t.

4/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 1, 2016 5:25 PM
Jul 2013
This show is getting quite a bit too much hate, considering how solid it was in the first half. I rate it an 8/10 overall, (9/10 on my profile just to raise the show's score).
Jul 1, 2016 7:15 PM

Feb 2015
it's not that bad tbh. sure it wasn't as good as it originally promised to be, but it wasn't terrible like everyone is making it out to be. 7/10.
Jul 1, 2016 7:29 PM

Sep 2014
Only gave it 3/10 because animation was gorgeous, both the story and voice acting sucked ass.
Jul 1, 2016 7:31 PM

Oct 2013
I hardly care if it was predictable, since it was executed well enough. Granted, I was expecting Ikoma to bite the dust but I dont mind him being "alive". Then we got kind of a happy ending with the Koutetsujyo crew sailing off into the sunset, yet that city was completely destroyed and with it comes the feeling of another major loss for humanity seeing the world they live in. I mean like, makes you wonder whether they'll eventually run out of places to live.

Anyway, solid action anime with good production values and pretty good main villain. 8/10
Jul 1, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
Say what you will. This tuned to entertaining shit. Even if you just watched it for the flash...it's not like it was that spectacular. Zero depth. 4/10. Another MAL overhyped show that falls flat on its face. 13 episodes wouldn't have saved this miraculously nor would 2 cour. How this script turned out to be so damn weak with this team is beyond me. Waste of good animation (ie money).

Doommaker said:
This show is getting quite a bit too much hate, considering how solid it was in the first half. I rate it an 8/10 overall, (9/10 on my profile just to raise the show's score).

You've watched 27 whole shows (excuse me, "dozens")....and first half = 1 episode.
The latter part of your comment is why ratings don't fucking matter in the end on this site.
IZEROIIJul 1, 2016 7:52 PM
Jul 1, 2016 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
This was a fun show until Biba showed up

Then it went so far off the rails
Jul 1, 2016 8:12 PM

Feb 2013
Thought this was a good show throughout, ending felt kinda rushed but whatever, and i'm guessing Biba cured Ikoma at the end?
Jul 1, 2016 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
BLmatsu said:
Phoebe3315 said:
I'm not usually one to judge individual episodes against each other in a series, but I'll put roughly what I thought here:
4 > [1 >= 12 >= 6 >= 2] > 11 > [8 >= 5 >= 9] > [10 >= 3 >= 7]
I expect almost no one to agree. Guess I was just able to enjoy some of the episodes after Biba was introduced (especially this one) more than previous episodes.
I somewhat agree with your 4 to 11 ordering.

Altho for me, 4 and 6 were the strongest eps (in terms of executions).
7 (breather, middle ep) was fine imo, wouldn't rank it that low.
Didn't say I didn't think episode 7 was fine, I really liked all the episodes. But when trying to order them, I was mainly considering how memorable/impactful each one was to me. Episode 6 was definitely among the best, though I think I might like ep 12 slightly more because there was honestly a ton of beautiful imagery and awesome moments throughout, where as episode 6 wasn't very impressive until the last few minutes.
Jul 1, 2016 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
The_Deceiver said:
Only gave it 3/10 because animation was gorgeous, both the story and voice acting sucked ass.
What's wrong with the voice acting? Ikoma's voice is kinda love or hate maybe, but most of the voice work is very well done in my opinion. Even if you hate how Ikoma screams "Mumei", you can't deny his VA is passionate and carries a lot of sincere emotion through his voice.
Jul 1, 2016 8:44 PM

Dec 2014
nothing special.. seemed kind of rushed. but the art is still really beautiful
Jul 1, 2016 8:53 PM
Jul 2011
Pretty rushed ending but the show didn't have much left to go with anyways so wasn't that bad. It kind of pussed out on Ikoma dying to get a super happy ending but whatever. Yukina still best girl. Ikoma still better than Eren. Kurusu forever stuck in friend zone. Mumei still referencing Biba as "bother" and his "weak/strong" ideas was cringe-worthy. Takumi has been forgotten. Biba basically just showed up to wreck shit and peace out (via death).

I'm just taking some good themes from the soundtrack and never looking back on this.
Jul 1, 2016 9:07 PM

Jul 2013
was gonna rate it 6/10 but i'll bump it to 7 just for kurusu - love that man.

i had my qualms with this show but i'd watch a S2 just to see where the plot goes from here. i'm also interested in how that blue-haired guy will fair on the koutetsujou, and i love watching anything ayame does so there's enough characters to keep my interest. sadly mumei kind of lost my interest a little after halfway through the show which sucks because she started out so damn good. oh well, enjoyed this show for what it was
Jul 1, 2016 9:35 PM

Aug 2014
I'd say this anime is really F//cked up!
who started this idea to begin with? XD
It's a great anime, great action and animation,
music and soundtrack like I'd say same with AOT

but the story, character and design are all over the places, it's very mixed up
like living around east Japanese temple with mechanic and west steam engine with an english man droven it, they also have technology but is surrounded by Kabaneri that's just as same as Titan but faster and more creepier blood shred, also to say they have magic or those OP power of black/white blood to injects and these kabaneri combine together turn into a f/ck up Fused Colony, I mean that is some full mouth idea to come up as a steampunk alchemy Eren Yaeger protagonist goes along with a cute loli baddass Levi that had to turn out controlling her own gigantic kabaneri where Annie also held when she transform into a titan
I mean that is so mess up... or am I the normal being find this anime very unusual.

I do enjoy it, it is very well directed with great cliffhanger that I know in reality were all gonna be f/cked up in this situation anyway, it drivens me to still watch it no matter how I critique the accuracy of this series.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 1, 2016 10:00 PM
Dec 2015
Amazing anime! Loved it from start to finish! Hope there is a second season!
Jul 1, 2016 10:46 PM

Aug 2013
This was the typical end: all is well that ends well, Ikoma and Mumei saved, was actually forced to part where Biba saves Ikoma, well, this anime really entertained me a lot, sometimes the personalities of the characters and the cliche me irritated a little, but quite liked the adaptation, certainly I'll watch again someday, I think it was one of the best of the season ..
Jul 1, 2016 10:53 PM
Feb 2015
Hmm, dont know what to say, pretty straight forward episode :/
I wanted to see ayamaXkurusu and IkomaXmumie, but i guess not ;)
Jul 1, 2016 11:39 PM

May 2012
Well this was the worst episode of the whole series. Finally this crap can be over and people can soon forget about it while continueing to remember AoT
Jul 1, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty solid finale in my opinion, it made me wanting more that's for sure, I have this feeling that it's unlikely but, I hope it gets a continuation one day. It felt a bit too rushed but, I enjoyed it. 8/10
Jul 1, 2016 11:48 PM

Oct 2011
Happy Ending yay....
Jul 2, 2016 2:23 AM

Jan 2014
Doommaker said:
jgomezg said:
Well, I suppose it's the hype backlash that is to blame. You shouldn't expect much out of bandwagons, either way.

It's not just hype backlash, this show suffers tremendously from hipster ratings as well.

People hand it 3/10's because of the plot, yet the same people give SnK a 10/10, which just barely touches on anything of a plot. Others give it a 4/10 because of the supposed 'Biba trainwreck', yet shows like BokuMachi still score a solid 8.7. Then there are those criticising the show's originality, yet Code Geass R2 is still in the top twelve of top anime on MAL.

KnK is a very straightforward show, but does that quite well. Personally I think an 8/10 is fair, but opinions differ, and I can get behind anything from a 5 to a 9. However, the large number of scores in the 1-4 range are just pretentiousness, that's it.
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 2, 2016 2:33 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Phoebe3315 said:
I was wondering about that, thanks. I'm still kinda confused as to why Biba saved Ikoma, though. Did he decide he wanted a fair fight after Ikoma caught Biba trying to stab him from behind?

That or perhaps he wanted to give Ikoma a reward in case he finished Biba off. Biba would be among the people who knows best what the black blood will do so he'd know Ikoma was going to die because of it.

It was when Biba shot him when he was down. You see the white flash effect.
Jul 2, 2016 2:40 AM

Aug 2009
I haven't read all the posts so maybe someone already mentioned this...I thought the jumping to the Koutetsujou at the end of the episode was the laziest "let's wrap this s*** up real quick" writing and direction I've seen since...well...the last anime series I've watched.

Maybe it's just me, but that did not make a whole lot of sense. I won't super nit pick because it's pointless, but how long had they been working on that patchwork quilt to catch them? I guess it's my job to assume it was being made for something else and they got the word to finish it to catch some people.

And then, maybe Mumei could have jumped and thrown Ikoma...but Kurusu is not a Kabaneri. How in the hell did he jump that far?

I'm sort of being rhetorical with these questions, cause I don't care in the end, and I guess all the answers are the same: because reasons/lazy writing/budget - not enough loot for more episodes/bad overall season long directing/ etc.

Basically just wondering if anybody else thought the "jumping" scene was a bit too out of left field given the billions of other options they could have used to get the characters onto the train.

But the first half of the season showed real promise. Too bad.

Jul 2, 2016 2:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ending was very cliche.

Here we have both main characters become something that should essentially kill them and instead of either giving the more realistic option of either A) They both die or B) One sacrifices themselves to save the other, they go with C) Happy Ending.

Especially at the end of episode 11 where Ikoma doesn't even look human anymore, but some sort of monster. They just decide, "Fuck it, let's make him look normal again, but add some cool black shit around his face."

It just seemed too forced with the way they wanted the ending to be like. Mainly thanks to Biba turning out to be a Kabaneri himself and then injecting the conveniently second 'white blood' into Ikoma out of anger or cowardice.

Overall, I did enjoy it though. Visuals were great, got intense and for awhile the story had me going; however, it became painfully clear that this whole anime revolved around Mumei fucking up and everyone having to deal with it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 2, 2016 3:26 AM

Jun 2009
Despite the anime's ups and downs I don't really mind a second season of it. Tbh I just want more Ayame and Kurusu.

Jul 2, 2016 4:06 AM
Aug 2013
It was nice but pretty average. not worth of its hype imo
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Jul 2, 2016 4:12 AM

Jun 2015
Pros
-Good animation
-Great soundtrack
-Epic fight scenes

Cons
-Rushed ending
-Lots of asspulls like villain suddenly saves MC blah blah etc.
-Zero character development to the lots of characters.

This was good until the humans vs. humans crap happened and i kinda lost interest.6/10
Jul 2, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2015
And it goes into my "4 or lower" club. Not that I was expecting anything deep or whatever but it didn't even manage to have consistently good fights or visuals (hate the illumination) which at least AoT had.

I love the irony in hating on Biba but liking AoT. Biba is not bad when compared with AoT's antagonists.
zalJul 2, 2016 4:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 4:34 AM

Dec 2015
Rei366 said:
Decent ending... for a movie?
[...]

What have I seen?
A beautiful brainless "actionner" set in a post-apocalyptic steampunk Japan. Nothing except the initial setting to stand out, forgettable but entertaining.
The major error of this thing is to be a 12 episodes series. What is even the point of making so much when they only intended it to be what it is? [...] a movie or 3-6 parts OAV would have been perfect (and allowed an even better look, since it was all about appearance)

Woow, I was right! It turned out that they had planned a movie recut. It makes a lot more sense now. It could be a lot better in this form, but the choice to make two movies rather than a 90-120min one makes me fear it will make it just slightly better.

Plus, it would have been even better to make it directly for the cinema market and have the proper money to do it rather than transfering a TV budget work to the big screens as is.
Jul 2, 2016 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
Everything felt rushed. I felt like it had great potential and the plot was interesting but they had to cram everything into 12 episodes.

I totally wasn't feeling the part of the series where Mumei turned into a large Kabaneri monster, it felt too Evangelion-ish. Also how many series have that scene where a character is "fighting their inner demons" I feel like they repeat this theme in many series and it just gets tiring. The ending was so meh. I dropped my rating.
臭い-
Jul 2, 2016 5:34 AM
Oct 2007
What can I say...  Sawano Hiroyuki OST rocks!

This scene was satisfying. I was hoping rage to be unleashed to blue haired lackey and Biba in a gruesome way.. sigh, oh wells... .
Jul 2, 2016 5:59 AM

May 2014
When I started watching this anime, I really wanted to like it, but its flaws were just too much for me. It wasn't that horrible, but then the bishounen appeared. And the laser. And tons of shit.

Too bad.

3/10
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.