Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2016 1:29 PM
Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
smoct_ai said:

Every human (at least almost every of them) is far from being ethically perfect, but it does not imply that every human is ugly.

Anyway I agree that hating someone because of something they would do is hypocrisy. But not every person behaves in the same way Subaru does.
Maybe not the spesific thing Subaru does but something similar to it(equal,worse or better)

You fap to your crush when you are alone,you would lie under right circumstances,you put your own happiness before everyone else's,you want your enemies/rivals to fail at what they are doing to gain benefit from it...Humans are inherently selfish,ugly and beautiful...::I

Your claim is as much exaggerated as Mencius's argument for inherent ethical goodness of human being.

Suppose someone suddenly saw a child about to fall into a well: anyone in such a situation would have a feeling of alarm and compassion—not because one sought to get in good with the child's parents, not because one wanted fame among one's neighbors and friends, and not because one would dislike the sound of the child's cries. From this we can see that if one is without the feeling of compassion, one is not human.

No doubt that there are way more people who would try to save the child in such a situation than those who would not, even when they don't expect at all to gain any social recognition/praise from other people, financial rewards or a promotion in his/her social status. But it goes too much if you draw a conclusion that human beings are inherently ethically good.

Likewise, your argument is biased, exaggerated and one-sided, in the opposite direction. You sacrifice your life to save your friends/comrades (tons of historical cases of such), You take care of your neighbor's security, You don't make a lie even in many circumstances etc etc... You don't make use of opportunity to harm your rival if you think it is ethically wrong and/or mean.

Humans are more nuanced and complicated animals in terms of ethics than you think.
smoct_aiJul 4, 2016 1:33 PM
Jul 4, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
smoct_ai said:
No doubt that there are way more people who would try to save the child in such a situation than those who would not, even when they don't expect at all to gain any social recognition/praise from other people, financial rewards or a promotion in his/her social status
Yeah,everyuone would save the child...What If there was a dragon hanging around?dont think many would...

Have no idea why this became a psychological conversation tho :S
Jul 4, 2016 2:58 PM
Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
smoct_ai said:
No doubt that there are way more people who would try to save the child in such a situation than those who would not, even when they don't expect at all to gain any social recognition/praise from other people, financial rewards or a promotion in his/her social status
Yeah,everyuone would save the child...What If there was a dragon hanging around?dont think many would...

Have no idea why this became a psychological conversation tho :S

What If there was a dragon hanging around???

I don't think either that many would try to save the child (probably quite a few).

But that does not mean that human beings are inherently evil as you believe, but just shows that every human being (at least, almost of them) is not ethically super hero.
Jul 4, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
smoct_ai said:
But that does not mean that human beings are inherently evil as you believe, but just shows that every human being (at least, almost of them) is not ethically super hero.
Which was what i said in the first place?

I never said humans are evil...I said ALL humans have an ugly side that surfaces at times...
Jul 4, 2016 3:17 PM
Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
smoct_ai said:
Which was what i said in the first place?

I never said humans are evil...I said ALL humans have an ugly side that surfaces at times...

I suggest that you pay a little more attention in your phrases when expressing your thought.

Here are what you wrote : "humans are ugly(or devils =_=)", "Not every human action is ugly but every human is ugly"

Almost nobody would take them to mean "Humans have some ugly/evil side that surfaces at times..."

Then you may ask "why ignore my other sentences (We are all gray)?" But those sentences sounded contradictory to your another sentence, "humans are ugly(or devils =_=)"

Anyway, I don't think that every person would behave the same with Subaru did.

Very few person would have tried to protect Emilia at the risk of losing his/her life in arc 1, and not many persons would have felt severe jealousy to see Julius's kiss on Emilia's hand in arc 3 and showed a hostile attitude toward him as Subaru did, and not many person would have made fool of himself by self claiming to be Emilia's knight in the royal selection meeting ...
Jul 4, 2016 3:26 PM

Jan 2014
@smoct_ai

Same thing with Ram&Rem killing Subaru,Subaru acted like an ass but its ok because he is human and he had reasons to do so...I can understand people hating this kind of human emotions and behaviour but humans are ugly(or devils =_=)...Get over it...
devil as in Rem and Ram,not evil ;_;
Humans are inherently selfish,ugly and beautiful...

"Not every human action is ugly but every human is ugly"
I may not be perfect at expressing myself but these means humans are ugly but not always,no?

I am not trying to prove you people are bad or everyone would do retard shit like Subaru did,all i wanted to say was "people might do something they wouldnt do normally depending on some extreme circumstances"...I am sure there exists people who would keep their calm in 99999999/100000000 times,but even they would make a wrong choice or lose their calm under a spesific situation...Sorry if the way i worded things made you understand it in a different way

a lot of people who is in love would do those things you mentioned...Love makes u blind and reckless ::I
LoneWizzyJul 4, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 4, 2016 10:57 PM

Aug 2012
Ii am at 14 but anyone that have seen at least ep 13 can answer. Who do you support? I think Felt is the best for the job. Emilia is trying to get it just because of Roswaal's influence.
Jul 4, 2016 11:08 PM

May 2009
this episode was pretty damn good, the crazy moments feel super out of place, which makes this show so great :O
Jul 6, 2016 6:27 AM
Jul 2016
I've seen much posts on Russian media that told stuff like:

Subaru is a dick
Subaru is loser
And some other jokes about him

Now I watched episode 13 and got why people are saying it. He is just a comlete retard. Like for real, I am starting to hate him.

P.S. An angry or just serious Emilia's face is very scarry...
Jul 6, 2016 7:00 AM
Nov 2010
Subaru please kill yourself
Jul 8, 2016 12:07 AM

Dec 2012
Phew, that ending had some deafening silence going on. I really didn't like Subaru whatsoever this episode and that falling out with Emilia hammered down the main reason why. His obsession with her has become a self serving fantasy that is far removed from who she really is. Dying multiple times and losing those precious versions of Emilia each time has driven him mad. I wonder if he'll commit suicide in hopes of a second chance.
Jul 9, 2016 6:47 PM

Mar 2009
Guys, stop arguing. Let's all watch this for the wonderful Rem.
Jul 10, 2016 6:36 AM

Jan 2016
That.. was.. tense.. really dramatic in the end with Emila n Subaru.. Dont know what do say..
Felt is ready to be a Queen and destroy the kingdom lol most say didn't see that one coming with rom. Love too see more about the other candidates!

I felt also bad for Subaru at how fast he got beat up and humiliated this episode, but also irritated how he was acting this episode, leading thorough only messing up for himself in the end..
after, hearing the ED again , it just beautiful. and sad.. <3
What will happened now...???!.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 11, 2016 11:12 AM
Feb 2009
DarklordVor said:
I'm honestly a bit disappointed... they rearranged a lot of scenes and it were the good ones too.

Like the priestess speeches were way too fast. Felt was probably the best due to Rom-ji. I honestly liked how Crusch, Anastasia and Priscilla says their speech and how people react to those. But people are only reacting on Emilia and Felt. How could they do that @_@ Anastasia speech about being greedy is way more awesome in the manga/LN. I liked her the most from the candidates honestly. (weird right? I know)

Then the role of Subaru and Puck being used by Roswaal to show Emilia's power. It was not shown at all... like what? You guys are making Roswaal even more suspicious than he needs to be.

At least Rom-ji entrance was good rather than being handcuffed. But it removed the badass scene of Reinhard cutting the handcuff with just his hand.

And still no Al scene.... orz. At this point I'll just believe they'll remove Al's roles all together just like they did in Akame ga Kill with Run.

I suppose the scene with Emilia and Subaru is great. So much screaming Emilia. Subaru go go go, defend yourself! Oh wait... I feel sorry for you. He was a little cringey even for me who knows what will happen.

So we hear the Emilia ED song as an insert song. As expected though. Probably next episode will have OP.

Are you talking about the novel?
I thought it went from awesome to freaking awesome.
It's Great!!!
Jul 11, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2010
mael9740 said:
mozgow said:
Great episode again. And we finally learned what balance Emilia's half-elf lineage (from the reaction I assume it must be something really unique and special).

Subaru's actions ruined almost all the development he had with Emilia. I wonder how he could fix this now...

Suicide.
Dat happy anime tho.

I was also thinking about suicide. :DD

Anyway, good episode but somehow I started to respect Reinhard less and less. He really doesn't care if that kid wants to destroy the kingdom?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2016 5:45 PM

Aug 2015
Man this episode was a little hard to watch since I knew Subaru would be getting his ass kicked, but what I DIDN'T except was for him to say that stuff towards Emilia, that definitely surprised me.
Jul 14, 2016 1:08 AM

Nov 2012
What Subaru did this episode was cringeworthy. All the time resets must have drove him nuts.
Jul 14, 2016 4:15 AM
Jun 2012
Nanashi said:
Why is nobody dying D:

Yes, at this point it would be an improvement.
Jul 16, 2016 4:00 AM

Jun 2009
Okay Subaru acted like a dick this episode. I felt bad for Emilia tbh.

Jul 16, 2016 6:23 AM

Jun 2007
I know before even reading behind this page everyone will have said 'SUBARUUU, DIE KUNT!', or sumat to that effect. As others have said: people hate characters acting realistically selfish and getting realistically humiliated for their ignorance. I'm glad the series went in this direction, without erasing what happened, because Subaru always managing to find the perfect outcome that glossed over his flaws was getting old.

The scene in front of the knights was pure cringe but he was needed in order to damage Subaru's relationship with Emilia so he could grow. Same with everything else that's happened this arc. I likey. Was losing interest until this episode, actually.

The scene with Emilia where a relationship is seemingly damaged beyond repair very suddenly by thoughtlessness reminds me of THAT scene from S2 of Spice & Wolf where Howo 'abandoned' Lawrence. Howo has x3 the depth of Emilia, naturally, the feeling conveyed was eerily similar.
Jul 17, 2016 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
Still don't like Subaru. Stop whining!

Yeah Felt, destroy it all!
Jul 18, 2016 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
dat cringe-episode ...xd
Jul 19, 2016 6:49 PM

Jan 2016
this was a really bad episode
Jul 20, 2016 4:05 AM

May 2014
That was good. An episode that hit me right in my kokoro </3 5/5
Jul 21, 2016 7:23 PM
Apr 2016
Here's my new review and discussion video for Re: Zero Episode 13! Tune in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfr6tWmvVk
Jul 21, 2016 9:17 PM

Nov 2012
My fucking god, the cringe! Subaru just made this whole meeting into a giant circus, holy shit dude get a clue. At this point all I have to say is just KILL YOURSELF PLEASE, and never go full retard again.

Funniest episode yet though, I was just laughing the whole time at the absurdity of it.
Jul 23, 2016 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
Probably the most disturbing, weirdest, most controversial episode yet. Everything was just wow. Too many mixed feelings.
Jul 24, 2016 10:43 PM
Jun 2013
Subaru's arrogance showed a lot this episode. Hopefully now his character develops. I really love Emilia, especially her talk with Subaru
Aug 6, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating!! That's what I've been feeling since last episode and more so this episode. Mostly because of Subaru but also partly because of Felt (she just annoys me lol)

I so feel Emilia at this point!! Subaru has really been too much!! I have been soooo frustrated with him from the previous episode and this one! I understand Subaru feels like it's all for Emilia's sake, but he also doesn't think from the perspective of Emilia. Not all good intentions can have good results.

And those words coming out of his mouth...that must've been really hurtful to Emilia - especially the part where he said she should owe him the bigger favour. But I guess he finally exploded. Which is something that is very realistic. I do expect him to have some 'character problem' at some point because of his background (he's a hikkimori or something?? still vague) and I guess at this point we're starting to see that. I'm glad though - I would've disliked it if he kept on having the 'i'm the hero and i'm all wise and good' feel and attitude which he kinda did in the previous arc. I suppose that gave him too much confidence. But then again he's probably still has his "i'm the protagonist gamer they're all NPCs" perspective since he thinks this is all a game (i think?). Well at least we're seeing some development here between Subaru and Emilia be it good or bad. Hopefully Subaru will learn something from this and be a less annoying person :/

I hope this would all somehow develop into something more and won't drag down my impression of this show so far.

Edit: When i wrote this I thought of giving up this series, but I didn't and thank goodness I didn't. Continue watching...!
blue-yAug 6, 2016 12:15 PM
Aug 7, 2016 7:03 AM

Aug 2012
This episode was cringecore and also made absolutely no sense compared to the rest of the series, some praise it I have literally no idea why and how imao.
It is like we went from a peaceful cruise in the Caribbean and suddenly there is an alien invasion 5 seconds later with explosions left and right it just escalated stupidly.
This is nothing short of poor script writing which usually happens when you start rushing shit and cutting corners.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato
Aug 7, 2016 6:59 PM

May 2010
Oh god, Subaru in this ep was so incredibly, utterly stupid... The worst of him so far.

Yeah yeah, I get that he went through all this crazy stuff, but he acted like such an ass... And yet still he claims he did everything for Emilia, even though it's so obvious he was just selfish and arrogant. He could have ruined Emilia's reputation and her chance to become a ruler, but nope, he is in the center of the world, everyone should shut up and praise him!

I support every word of poor Emilia and that violet knight, Subaru deserved all this shit. He better change his behavior soon...
Aug 9, 2016 2:44 AM

Dec 2012
This protagonist is absolutely terrible.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Aug 9, 2016 2:56 AM

May 2016
Looking back this is the single most important best episode of the series.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 13, 2016 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
Oh the fuse blew up at last ehh.
Subaru is really pent up, it's like all the things he done got treated for granted.
Anyone would lose their sense after going through all that, guess he finally lost his control.
Emilia also couldn't take it huh, a guy even willing to risk his life for her suddenly pop up out of nowhere.
It's natural to react that way eventually.. Subaru needs to cool down a little.
He's suffering from lack of death treatment lately maybe hahaha.
Really did well on delivering those feels though gotta say.
Aug 19, 2016 1:19 AM

Jul 2015
Subaru deserved that.. He's really been annoying me these last few episodes.. Like it's pretty obvious that he's doing all those things because he likes Emilia, but even so, even though he has good intentions on wanting to be there for her by her side and what not, it's clear as day that he's bringing more harm than good.. Seriously? Calling yourself her knight when you can't even protect yourself? As much as I hate saying this, he should really know his place..

Then again, I understand his frustration at the fact that he can't tell anyone about his secret, and that really does suck, but I'm sure there has to be another way to go about it without having to explain his secret. Sucks to see Emilia get mad at him, but it's quite understandable.

caught in the wonder
Aug 23, 2016 8:06 PM

Feb 2014
Saw Subaru breaking down from a mile away but it didn't help me feel better about how cringy it is. After all we need a personality flaw to build development from. However it's painful as the viewer who tries to empathize with Subaru (as we normally do with protagonists). Predictable plot is predictable but my heart still hurts.

Subaru's Sins:

-Subaru got humiliated due to his pride.
-Subaru broke his promise
-Subaru took advantage of his relationship with Rem
-Subaru mistook his standing with Reinhard and Felix as power
-Subaru angered the Lugnica knights
-Subaru embarrassed Emilia & Company
-Subaru reaffirmed the council's beliefs that Emilia should not be trusted with her similarities with the witch
Aug 24, 2016 6:25 PM

Aug 2014
What's with the hate with this episode lol? the other overrated episodes aren't any better.

I think the whole "Choosing princess" stuff was childish and annoying, the way they talk and act in that room gives the impression that the anime isn't taking itself serious in terms of world building and the thing that matters the most is the romance, It would've been way better if they made the meeting more serious.

However there was a good thing in the episode and its Subaru getting his ass kicked, liked it, another thing I liked was that he made some different actions than before.

And i like the voice acting of the Mathers, Roswaal L.

Fine Episode
Aug 28, 2016 9:30 AM
Jun 2016
Shi-rho said:
when Subaru went insane, and FINALLY let some of his selfish thoughts out. Finally. It took forever! I can only speak for myself here, but I thought this was the most "human" reaction I have ever seen in an anime. Subaru works his ass off all the time, even dies, all for the sake of someone who never will understand his pain, that person, even though she is not to blame for this, wants to cut ties with him and doesn't get what he went through. He even went so far as to make up the excuse of doing it for her, just so he can lie to himself to keep going and not go insane after all his horrible experiences.

When he snapped, now that was perfect. It was a perfectly human reaction. Do you (= whoever reads this xD) not sometimes, at least partly, think that people should be grateful for what you do for them, after you constantly help them out? Shouting that out, and telling Emilia that she should be god-damn grateful, was the most natural reaction anyone in his situation could have ever had. He is just a normal guy after all, not a generic-af hero who shrugs off everything and doesn't get any mental problems, or just slight mental problems.

I understand what you're saying and I know you're only speaking for yourself, but I would like to express my disagreement of his outburst as being the "most" natural reaction, since I believe there are many behaviors within us that we can deem as being the "most" natural or realistic or humanistic in stressful situations such as that. For example, there are instances where we have such selfish thoughts within ourselves, like you have said about us feeling that people should be grateful for what we do for them, even if we helped the specific people only once or a few times. Regardless, no matter how much I go through, I would absolutely never express such thoughts so openly and in such a manner like Suburu did towards anyone I care so deeply about and when I know that the person cares deeply about my own well-being, or anyone in general that I don't want to emotionally harm; either of which unless I'm the type of completely blunt person who isn't afraid of letting out even the bunches of thoughts in my mind without a care towards anyone. Point is, I think it's part of human nature to have a mind full of negativity towards practically anything that angers, stresses, or annoys us enough (some people have the thoughts after they deal with the sort of thing even a little bit), and we always try to suppress such thoughts since it's often not what we truly want to say towards anyone we care about unless we really feel like it.

I'm not disagreeing that how he reacted is natural or the like, because in a way, I do feel that it was (though it still was stupid as fuck, imo. lol). I'm just disagreeing that it's the "most" natural.
Sep 4, 2016 11:09 PM

Jan 2015
Subaru should kill himself so that he can redo this entire episode and not go full retard next time.
Sep 11, 2016 3:52 AM

Sep 2008
It almost hurts to watch. The second hand embarrassment and cringe are at an all time high.
Sep 12, 2016 5:06 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty short speeches there. Lold at Felt saying she would destroy everything.

What the fuck are you doing Subaru?!?!!!
I really wanted to punch him after the way he acted this episode. Thought he understood by now that Emilia doesn't know everything he knows. Still that was such a dick move, felt bad for Emilia...
Wonder if he'll suicide and be a good boy now, I kinda doubt though.

Really curious about the shadow that keeps stopping Subaru from telling about his ability, hope it'll be revealed soon..
Sep 12, 2016 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
@nerfx

It's been implied to be the Satella's hand.
Sep 15, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
i never liked the main character even from the begining but now im starting to hate him

also wtf is with that royal selection? everyone was doing whatever they wanted, like that event wasnt important
Sep 15, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
Started watching this to understand what the hype is all about but no more. I cant take one more minute of this piece of shit. Subaru has to be the stupidest main character I have ever seen. Dropped 5/10 harem shit with no progression and a pathetic mc.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 15, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2015
Infatuate said:
Dropped 5/10 harem shit with no progression and a pathetic mc.

Ehmmmm.... no...
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Sep 15, 2016 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Tony_SansNom said:
Infatuate said:
Dropped 5/10 harem shit with no progression and a pathetic mc.

Ehmmmm.... no...

First 10 episodes or so took over the span of 4 days. Bro. Every character is a cute little grill too.

Anyway, cringe is a term that has been bastardized by the hordes of autistic cunts swarming the internet, but it actually fits really well here if you were to describe this MC. I can't watch more of it. I said "enough" when MC was talking semantics with the purple-haired knight. Who the fuck cares if he's a knight or not? Why is a servant allowed to talk in front of everyone for like 3 minutes straight? In any semi-realistic setting he would have been kicked out immediately. Now in the first page of this thread I see our brave MC all beaten up lmao, I'm really glad I stopped when I did.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 15, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
@Infatuate

He's allowed because Julius was dealing with him; the others then didn't interfere.
Sep 17, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2014
What @TsundereHeart said summed up my thoughts as well. Now I get why people hate Subaru. He screwed up so much in this episode, I actually wished he would die during that duel, so he could avoid that dumb chain of events. Let's just hope he doesn't repeat the same mistakes in the future.
OrogothSep 17, 2016 12:00 PM
Sep 18, 2016 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
Fuck Subaru. He deserves everything that happened to him this episode. And yet, none of his actions surprised me at all. It was only matter of time before his impulsive, overemotional and overprotective personality bit him in the ass. I admit I got a justice boner from the entire 2nd half of the episode. That scene at the end made me start to like Emilia as a character than a boring waifu girl the show has portrayed her to be so far.
Sep 18, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, this guy sucks so hard.

The drama between those two seems forced and silly.

Infatuate said:
Started watching this to understand what the hype is all about but no more. I cant take one more minute of this piece of shit. Subaru has to be the stupidest main character I have ever seen. Dropped 5/10 harem shit with no progression and a pathetic mc.

I wish I could give a thumbs up for this. I won't drop it yet (or at all, I will go through with this) but I also only started it because of the hype. Didn't expect anything from it, unfortunately have been proven right so far.
Pages (28) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
10 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.