Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
Oh damn this is exciting
The insert song from MYTH&ROID is perfect
I hope he will restart at the right moment
May 15, 2016 11:14 AM
Sep 2012
Best moment in the episode. 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2015
This episode reminds me so much why I love Rem lol. People might actually hate her for this episode, but for me, I understands her very well.

Now I have to wait another 1 week? Geez....

But wow. Minase Inori is really good in voicing Rem's dark side. Subaru's crying is also good. Props to the voice actors.

May 15, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
And now Subaru lost his leg first. Damn this episode was so intense.
So I guess Subaru can't have other people know about that "Reset" thing?
And yeah I cried too for seeing that "making contract" event with Betty, I know how Subaru feel.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 15, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
It was adapted FLAWLESSLY what an amazing episode. I had to read ahead last week because I really love this series. They did the faces of ram and rem amazing as well. Those faces are a big part if the manga so the fact that they nailed it is awesome. Music was spot on as well as pacing.

I cannot wait for the next episode, emila has more screen time in the next episode :D
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
May 15, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2015
It's good to see Subaru can get fed up with the endless stream of shit he's dealt with thus far. He always felt a little too okay with his situation and never quite realized that the tragedies wouldn't end. So seeing the reality all come crashing down on him in this episode really brought some humanity into his character. Really great to see an episode end on a positive note and can't wait for the next one (as always).
May 15, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
what a beautiful show i can't dislike it.

So beatrice is so fucking adorable!!!!
May 15, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2016
That episode was just the epitome of perfection. Holy shit. This is honestly my anime of the year, screw anything else that comes out. 5/5 for this episode, 10/10 for this series so far
May 15, 2016 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode, So intense. Chills throughout the episode.

The scene where Subaru cried while dying in the beginning was so heart wrenching, Felt so sad for him.
The part where he told Emilia that she shouldn't be with him was so sad too :(

The fear clawing at his heart and breaking him mentally was all so intense and hard to watch.

So glad he found the resolve to tackle this issue.

That was one of the most epic suicides I've seen, Can you even call a suicide epic?XD
And this show is supposed to get better? I can't wait to see that.
May 15, 2016 11:36 AM
Jan 2015
What an amazing episode!
A O T S
O
T
S
UltranumbedMay 15, 2016 11:48 AM
May 15, 2016 11:37 AM

May 2012
Damn that beginning almost had me in tears. This was the best episode thus far.

Damn this episode was just perfect on every level. The beginning had me fighting back the tears when Subaru was talking to Rem.

WTF was that black mist? I mean just when he was about to tell Emilia about his death thing, that shit was like "Don't do that shit." lol. Put the fear in that man.

Blew my damn mind when Rem died. I was like WTF!? Blew my mind even more when everyone was about to brawl out right there in that room.

Beatrice has to get the MVP, I suppose. She really was on Subaru the whole time. I mean she was willing to fight the headmaster and Ram. Ride or die that of chick.

Damn I wonder what will happen next. Is Subaru connected to the Jealous Witch? Is she the one who gave him that ability? If so when? Man I can't wait till next week.
AntearionMay 15, 2016 11:44 AM
May 15, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
I think I'd prefer it if they had kept the part about him selfharming to stay awake but still great episode, really wellexecuted.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
May 15, 2016 11:39 AM

Sep 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Epic episode, So intense. Chills throughout the episode.

The scene where Subaru cried while dying in the beginning was so heart wrenching, Felt so sad for him.
The part where he told Emilia that she shouldn't be with him was so sad too :(

The fear clawing at his heart and breaking him mentally was all so intense and hard to watch.

So glad he found the resolve to tackle this issue.

That was one of the most epic suicides I've seen, Can you even call a suicide epic?XD
And this show is supposed to get better? I can't wait to see that.

You can indeed call that suicide Epic XD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
May 15, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2011
Talk about a fate worse than death. It's one thing to live forever, with everyone eventually passing on without you. Or being trapped as a spectator in an alternate timeline or one where you never exist. This is heavy, for every enjoyable memory he has he also lives with the fact that it can be erase by death. Only to return and fine out the someone so close was directly responsible in some way. His action led to his own death whereas his inaction lead to the death of someone close to him. He can't even utter about his ability. He is forced, probably until he gets to the bottom of it to even utter of its existence, if that's even possible. Subaru embodies a lot of lazy protagonist tropes but the idea of living through all of that pain, all those memories, suffering alone with no current power over makes you empathize with him, at least in that way.

On the flip-side the rage felt pretty authentic especially since we've seen the twins as typical emotionless girls to seem them compelled by their will to protect and avenger one another that is something. I will say the wait between episodes is frustrating but it delivers at least. At most I may take a break just to avoid the angst suspension.
May 15, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
I have no doubt after this episode that this is AotS. Great job White Fox.

A lot of things has been explained in this episode. But again new questions arise :-)
May 15, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
NOW I'M REALLY MAD

THEY DIDN'T ADAPTED THIS PROPERLY! THIS BONE-CHILLING PAGE WASN'T ADAPTED CORRECTLY.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 15, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2015
That is one dumbass MC I've seen.
His dialogue are way too cheesy.
After two really boring eps, the show's back with its dark and grim storytelling throughout the whole ep.
That last part at the cliff was fine I think, Subaru atlast deciding to die again to save the twins.
Now we got a real cliffhanger in this ep lol. Get it?
May 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
@kidlat020 Because maybe the manga isn't even the source material but an adaptation itself? And as surely know adaptations interpret the source material in their own way. Just because the manga drew it like that doesn't mean this has to be in the anime. In fact the anime addressed it just in a different kind of way, actually from Subaru's point of view. He only noticed it subconsciously and so did we. The manga doesn't share the same POV as the anime does.
May 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
That was beautiful
May 15, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Man this episode was feels-ridden beyond belief. I had such a thrill watching it that I literally had to pause it once or twice to take a deep breath. My god I love this show so much and I'm glad that it's getting 25 episodes so hopefully this series will keep amping up the hype.

White Fox is really showing their dedication to this series and you can tell they are trying to make up for that plague of an adaptation of Akame ga Kill so good job White Fox, I'm proud of you. Cannot wait for next week.
Don't believe the hype.
May 15, 2016 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
Extremely heavy episode. I could feel the fear that Subaru felt when he was hesitating to jump. He needs to find a method to painlessly kill himself to reset every time. Like a suicide pouch.
Hi there
May 15, 2016 11:46 AM
Dec 2013
Does the novel explain what that hand thing is?
May 15, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2007
Welp, I am back to not knowing how Subaru dies since Rem apparantly also died? Wut. I guess there are indeed two sets of murderers targeting them - Blue Maid targeting Subaru and then another one targeting them all?

The maid sisters look crazy powerful tho, as does Betty. Overall the whole mansion feels like filled with monsters.

Really confused about the weird hand thing - either whoever is responsible for Subaru's powers placed that as a failsafe or Emilia herself is no better than the rest of the mansion and is just messing with him in order to ensure he does not reveal stuff(we did have implications that she looks similar to the whatever witch they keep mentioning so there is a possibility she actually is). Not sure yet. That would certainly enrich her character as so far Emilia is the most under-developed out of entire cast.

The episode was flawlessly directed. The episode contained a lot of smart uses for unusual camera angles, sound effects and visual storytelling. On top of that, the VA work for Subaru was top-notch too. Really showcases how well good directing and cinematography can set an atmosphere. A lot of anime shows fall flat on their face unable to set the right tone and should learn from this series.

kidlat020 said:

THEY DIDN'T ADAPTED THIS PROPERLY! THIS BONE-CHILLING PAGE WASN'T ADAPTED CORRECTLY.

The scene happened and was shown, just not in such blatantly anvilicious way as that page you linked. Also isn't manga just an adaptation too? the source is light novels.
AhenshihaelMay 15, 2016 11:50 AM
May 15, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
It seems Subaru will start thinking about the whole situation before acting now (I think he will stop trying to get a date with Emilia as a priority). If that's the case, then I guess the quality of the story will improve a lot.
May 15, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2007
O M G !

What an episode! I am not sure I can stick with a 9/10 for much longer if this keeps on going beyond my expectations.

That Leap to Restart sent shivers down my spine, and probably the best ending to any episode this season of [InsertAnyAnime].

Those who are ogling on Kabaneri, if they aren't watching this, are missing out the best show of the season, and the real contender for AoTY this year. I have spoken.

Here hoping they maintain this level of intensity and excitement for the remaining 18 episodes!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.

Jul 2014
Fucking hell, talk about the best episode of the season. This was almost painful to watch in a way, but only because the emotions of the cast, in particular Subaru's despair at Rem killing him and the fact that he can't tell anyone about his power, were conveyed so well that they resonated with me to a level that few series have managed to accomplish. Once again though, Subaru impresses me with his resilience in the face of constant death and despair, even going as far as killing himself to make things work.

Main thing I'm curious about is the fact that the witch's "smell" is apparently getting stronger and stronger on Subaru, apparently after every loop as well. Makes me wonder if she's involved in Subaru's power and transfer to this world somehow, though why that would be the case is definitely the biggest mystery of all.

Nov 2014
Rem and Ram have so much pent up hate.

A lot of crying and angst in this episode.

It ended nicely, though. I look forward to learning more about where Subaru's curse came from, why he stinks, and how (or if) he'll save Rem.

5/5
aikaflipMay 15, 2016 12:07 PM
Aug 2013
Well, its obvious now that this revive thing isnt some ability he got out of good will, but more of a curse, wich he got from the jealous witch i suppose, considering he smells like her and I dont see where it could originate from otherwise.

Other then that we got some more information about Subarus current circumstances, he didnt got cursed this time either, but rem did, wich means the curse probably comes from the town, since he wasnt there his last 2 revives, but rem was. Not sure why she lived in the previous revive though, maybe because it wasnt night time when she killed subaru and the curse started kicking in after she killed him? That´s my theory at least.

Other then that, I didnt got too much out of the episode in terms of information, if I missed soemthing feel free to tell me.

Edit: Just read about the smell getting stronger, interesting mention if thats really the case, it might even hint to a limit of how many revives he can do at a certain "checkpoint" or at all.
KirasayaMay 15, 2016 11:56 AM
May 15, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
simonli2575 said:
Does the novel explain what that hand thing is?
Yes. Just like everything else, give it time and it will be explained :)
May 15, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
Anime of the year?

The correct answer is...YES! FUCKING YES!
May 15, 2016 11:53 AM

May 2013
This episode was fucking amazing!! Easily the best one I've seen this season.
May 15, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2015
Also, I totally love how the anime gives a new shot for Rem in Subaru's flashback, since it was from the LN while they just gives the previously used scenes for the other characters.

Keep it up White Fox!

May 15, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2015
LOL. I can't believe it.

Someone waited for the 99th vote and then voted 4 out of 5 at the 100th...lol.
May 15, 2016 11:57 AM
Jan 2015
Xenocrisi said:
LOL. I can't believe it.

Someone waited for the 99th vote and then voted 4 out of 5 at the 100th...lol.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted haha
May 15, 2016 11:57 AM

Nov 2007

*For future reference how good this episode actually had been.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 15, 2016 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
shanimebib said:

*For future reference how good this episode actually had been.

And then the 100th voter voted 4 out 5.

Gg wp. I would have done the same.
May 15, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2016
HOLY COW this episode was so well made, it had legendary feels, i couldnt hold it, my heart was almost destroyed there... so well made, cant wait for the next episode

5/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 15, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far this anime just keeps impressing might end up being the best this year.
May 15, 2016 12:01 PM
Dec 2015
mozgow said:
I have no doubt after this episode that this is AotS. Great job White Fox.

A lot of things has been explained in this episode. But again new questions arise :-)

Your reasoning feels logical, so the source is actually the curse and each time, it either claimed his life when he died quietly or it claimed Rem's or Ram's life and resulted in them killing him afterwards.

The third revive sounds logical as well. Really curious where did the source of the curse came from. Probably the village? Since they have to go there to do groceries and if he isn't there, one of the maids would have to be there.
May 15, 2016 12:04 PM
Aug 2012
Watch as he survives the plunge.
May 15, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was insane. Hardest part is waiting for the new ep every week.
May 15, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2016

I find Rem's refusal to listen to reason, dogmatic pursuit for information and assuredness of betrayal completely charmless, to the point that I'm like this person isn't worth saving. She related that the time the MC and the sisters spent together was all a lie and they were both faking friendship and putting up a facade. They never trusted him from the beginning. Holding his hand while he had a nightmare isn't convincing enough for me to ever get that out of my mind.

Someone making an attempt on my life when I've done nothing is garbage. That's grounds for incarceration or to be answered in kind. This kid has been successfully killed three times already. If it were me, I would have never given my life, again, to save these cretins.

He's known them for a total of: 20ish days. That's not enough time for me to grow attached to someone that would backstab me three times. In fact, nothing's holding him there. There is no objective after coming into this new world. He could just leave the mansion first day and never look back, damn whatever happens to these people.
FragOutFireMay 15, 2016 12:23 PM
May 15, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
I have the shivers. This show gives me the shivers, the main character is probably one of the best constructed characters ever, he's realistic, he feels fear, I can't even start to imagine how he was feeling, after dying so many times, after so many brutal deaths, after being murdered by someone you love, not being able to tell anyone because of that sensation, the fear of what would happen. It's not pain, it's not rational, but he feels it, and he runs in despair from all of it. And what is he going to do about it in the end? He thinks about the short yet beautiful times with the people in the mansion, the sad anger in Ram's voice, and decides to embrace the despair he felt til now, and finds once again the resolution to change everything.
I love this series, I love its characters, all of them 'til now, it's so perfect...
Ruka desu.
May 15, 2016 12:08 PM
May 15, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
In first loop he died from the curse.
In second loop, he was killed by Rem.
In third loop, he was once again killed by Rem, this time on screen.
In fourth loop, Rem died from the curse, Ram tried to kill him, but ultimately he killed himself this time.

Something doesn't add up here.
In second loop, it was Ram who had the motive (jealousy) to attack him as he was closer to Rem this time, yet he remembers the chains which is associated with Rem's morningstar-like weapon. We don't know if anyone died of the curse. If anyone died, it was Ram and motive is vengeance as the surviving sister automatically assumed he is guilty.
Third loop doesn't mentions that anyone died from the curse by the time Subaru was attacked.
Did anyone visited the town in third loop?

Jun 2014
Man, White Fox continues to show that they really care and are passionate about this project. They're not cutting any corners, and unlike other shows that might do this, they've cut out the OP and/or ED on multiple occasions just to squeeze in even a few more minutes of content so they don't need to rush or omit things. Keep this up WF, you still have to do this for another several months.

I think this episode did a good job of depicting the psychological consequences that Subaru is experiencing due to these repeated deaths. He was pretty much going batshit insane. I thought he wasn't going to go through with the suicide after Beatrice showed up, but it was kind of cool (I feel weird calling suicide cool) that he still went through with it to show his newfound resolve. That sound effect when he landed though........anyway, another amazing episode!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 2013
been years.....

...years since ive seen something that good.
May 15, 2016 12:11 PM

Feb 2015
HOLY SHIT!
This episode was amazing. Definitely my favorite episode so far.
May 15, 2016 12:14 PM

Mar 2008
Best episode so far, it was intense.
May 15, 2016 12:15 PM

May 2015
There's something I don't get. So was Ram who killed him in this episode? I thought Rem said she didn't let Ram knows, so how did Ram sliced his neck?

I mean I get that Rem is the only one around, but when Ram cut Subaru's cheek, he immediately got a flashback about his death. So it was Ram who killed him or not?
Pages (22) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.