Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think White Fox going all out on this show. Even the music is thrilling this episode.
Subaru's cry of despair...damn. RIP, again.

Subaru's hope and struggle is comparable this episode in two ways. Also, the twins are really protective of each, kinda expected that. The dark grim moments this episode is quite thrilling.

Pretty sure the BDs will have more uncensored content. Run Forrest Subaru run!

May 15, 2016 9:29 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
No OP and ED visuals this time. Rem really hates Subaru though. Subaru's got his leg cut off though O_O. The screaming was painful ;_; and Rem's anger was intense. That neck cut was disturbing. Subaru's not as cheerful as he used to be, but I don't blame him. He can't even talk about his abilities either (damn that sucks)! And it seems that Subaru will be sticking with Beatrice to change things up. Subaru made it to the new day... but things still are bad. Rem is dead, so that means that there's another factor behind this problem. Now it's time for Ram's rage! I guess Subaru's best option was running away. And this is the first time Subaru killed himself...

Just like everyone else, It's obvious that White Fox really loves the source material and there's giving everything they've got into this anime. The can't make the violence gruesome because TV Tokyo wouldn't allow that, but they make the episode disturbing by using fantastic voice acting and background music.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 15, 2016 9:43 AM
May 15, 2016 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god...White Fox. This was perfect.

I knew they were holding back just to go full throttle from now on. The soundtrack, wow.
The art and animation was also top notch, hell it even increased in quality.
All in all this was adapted flawless. Subaru's voice actor also did an amazing job.
And whoever's job it is to draw and animate the character faces in this show, you have huge talent.

They really are going all out with this and with this episode they now have my full trust that they manage to pull of a excellent anime!

About the episode's content. I think the majority of people now found a new form of respect for Subaru. Hell maybe they like him more although a large portion of that is probably sympathy. Anyway, Re:Zero showed a bit of its true face with this show and it was glorious!
FappaMay 15, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
BEST and most intense episode so far. Different ED/insert song just makes it icing on the cake.

I can see White Fox is very dedicated to this anime, no OP/ED and fills the whole 24 mins or so with anime itself...

Also angry Remurin <3
MezterMay 15, 2016 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Holy shit what an episode. Subaru, Rem and Ram's voice actors did great too. I'm in agreement that White Fox is really going all out with this and I'm thankful for that.
May 15, 2016 9:40 AM
Jul 2015
11/10
Good job, White Fox

May 15, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2012
Incredible I have no words and hope it continue this way.
May 15, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
By the way guys. The official website of Re:Zero mentions that there might be some time changes in the airing time of episode 8,9 and 10 ( 22nd May - 5th of June ) which could lead to a broadcasting pause.

This is because of a tennis event that is during these days.

Since Re:Zero airs on different channels on different days we might be unaffected but I still wanted to inform some people that there may be changes.
May 15, 2016 10:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn; another episode with no OP and also no ED...This must have been really intense lol
May 15, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
Tokoya said:
Damn; another episode with no OP and also no ED...This must have been really intense lol
You haven't seen it yet? Guess you wait for the sub.

They really had to cut both so they could all the content in and it worked wonderfully. Seriously, such dedicated people.
May 15, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2011
dammmm that was intense. Subaru had me pissed off until the end
May 15, 2016 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
Expected much from this episode, hopefully it will be upto expectations. Have exam tomorrow can't watch it now. :/

Edit: Watched it and man this was even better then I expected. They have finally added some pace. Seems like they were trying to make it like Steins; Gate. Beatrice ♥
YatoGodMay 16, 2016 12:31 AM
May 15, 2016 10:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fappa said:
Tokoya said:
You haven't seen it yet? Guess you wait for the sub.

They really had to cut both so they could all the content in and it worked wonderfully. Seriously, such dedicated people.
Wow, I am shocked by how dedicated White Fox are with this even now lol

EDIT: The despair in this episode was too much for me to handle and that ED cliffhanger was evil

But why do I have a feeling that when he restarts, he won't go back to the beginning
TokoyaMay 15, 2016 11:11 AM
May 15, 2016 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
oh god this is getting repetitive, is he finally gonna be done with this stage next episode? its dragged on for a month already and things are less interesting every time it repeats.
May 15, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
Such an amazing ep. Been hyped all week and definitely lived up to it. I still can't believe it'll get even better than this in the 3rd arc. DAMN!!

The brutality and mercilessness of Rem at the start along with Subaru's tears of despair asking WTH he did wrong do deserve all this shit just to get his neck slit was just too friggin insane.

It was a really smart move to finall have Betty protect him this time. She sure is loyal once she makes a contract. Even facing off against Roswaal.

The scene where Subaru told Emilia not to care about him was really sad. But that shadow hand that grabbed his heart was insane

I really didn't see Rem dying coming tho :O I was really feeling Subaru there. What could he say to get him out of this. Nothing he says will get them to believe him.

Then the final scene just was the cherry on top. Jumping off the cliff saying he'll save them because he loves them all was such an impactful scene along with that sfx of Splat ouch.
May 15, 2016 10:59 AM

Mar 2015
My favorite episode, so good.
Hoping it keep the pace.
May 15, 2016 11:02 AM

Jun 2015
The most batshit insane 25 minutes of this season.
5/5 episode. Fuck.
MozillaFennekinMay 15, 2016 11:05 AM
May 15, 2016 11:08 AM
Aug 2015
edwd2 said:
oh god this is getting repetitive, is he finally gonna be done with this stage next episode? its dragged on for a month already and things are less interesting every time it repeats.

May 15, 2016 11:10 AM
Sep 2012
Sasuga, White Fox.
May 15, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
Okay... allow me to just say, AOTS. Holy shit this was hype. I figured he would kill himself at some point tho I was more expecting it out of despair. Well... time to see how smart he gets in the next episode and if he'll figure out how to save Rem. I'm just gonna say I bet it has something to do with the village.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
Oh damn this is exciting
The insert song from MYTH&ROID is perfect
I hope he will restart at the right moment
May 15, 2016 11:14 AM
Sep 2012
Best moment in the episode. 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2015
This episode reminds me so much why I love Rem lol. People might actually hate her for this episode, but for me, I understands her very well.

Now I have to wait another 1 week? Geez....

But wow. Minase Inori is really good in voicing Rem's dark side. Subaru's crying is also good. Props to the voice actors.

May 15, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
And now Subaru lost his leg first. Damn this episode was so intense.
So I guess Subaru can't have other people know about that "Reset" thing?
And yeah I cried too for seeing that "making contract" event with Betty, I know how Subaru feel.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 15, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
It was adapted FLAWLESSLY what an amazing episode. I had to read ahead last week because I really love this series. They did the faces of ram and rem amazing as well. Those faces are a big part if the manga so the fact that they nailed it is awesome. Music was spot on as well as pacing.

I cannot wait for the next episode, emila has more screen time in the next episode :D
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
May 15, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2015
It's good to see Subaru can get fed up with the endless stream of shit he's dealt with thus far. He always felt a little too okay with his situation and never quite realized that the tragedies wouldn't end. So seeing the reality all come crashing down on him in this episode really brought some humanity into his character. Really great to see an episode end on a positive note and can't wait for the next one (as always).
May 15, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
what a beautiful show i can't dislike it.

So beatrice is so fucking adorable!!!!
May 15, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2016
That episode was just the epitome of perfection. Holy shit. This is honestly my anime of the year, screw anything else that comes out. 5/5 for this episode, 10/10 for this series so far
May 15, 2016 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode, So intense. Chills throughout the episode.

The scene where Subaru cried while dying in the beginning was so heart wrenching, Felt so sad for him.
The part where he told Emilia that she shouldn't be with him was so sad too :(

The fear clawing at his heart and breaking him mentally was all so intense and hard to watch.

So glad he found the resolve to tackle this issue.

That was one of the most epic suicides I've seen, Can you even call a suicide epic?XD
And this show is supposed to get better? I can't wait to see that.
May 15, 2016 11:36 AM
Jan 2015
What an amazing episode!
A O T S
O
T
S
UltranumbedMay 15, 2016 11:48 AM
May 15, 2016 11:37 AM

May 2012
Damn that beginning almost had me in tears. This was the best episode thus far.

Damn this episode was just perfect on every level. The beginning had me fighting back the tears when Subaru was talking to Rem.

WTF was that black mist? I mean just when he was about to tell Emilia about his death thing, that shit was like "Don't do that shit." lol. Put the fear in that man.

Blew my damn mind when Rem died. I was like WTF!? Blew my mind even more when everyone was about to brawl out right there in that room.

Beatrice has to get the MVP, I suppose. She really was on Subaru the whole time. I mean she was willing to fight the headmaster and Ram. Ride or die that of chick.

Damn I wonder what will happen next. Is Subaru connected to the Jealous Witch? Is she the one who gave him that ability? If so when? Man I can't wait till next week.
AntearionMay 15, 2016 11:44 AM
May 15, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
I think I'd prefer it if they had kept the part about him selfharming to stay awake but still great episode, really wellexecuted.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
May 15, 2016 11:39 AM

Sep 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Epic episode, So intense. Chills throughout the episode.

The scene where Subaru cried while dying in the beginning was so heart wrenching, Felt so sad for him.
The part where he told Emilia that she shouldn't be with him was so sad too :(

The fear clawing at his heart and breaking him mentally was all so intense and hard to watch.

So glad he found the resolve to tackle this issue.

That was one of the most epic suicides I've seen, Can you even call a suicide epic?XD
And this show is supposed to get better? I can't wait to see that.

You can indeed call that suicide Epic XD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
May 15, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2011
Talk about a fate worse than death. It's one thing to live forever, with everyone eventually passing on without you. Or being trapped as a spectator in an alternate timeline or one where you never exist. This is heavy, for every enjoyable memory he has he also lives with the fact that it can be erase by death. Only to return and fine out the someone so close was directly responsible in some way. His action led to his own death whereas his inaction lead to the death of someone close to him. He can't even utter about his ability. He is forced, probably until he gets to the bottom of it to even utter of its existence, if that's even possible. Subaru embodies a lot of lazy protagonist tropes but the idea of living through all of that pain, all those memories, suffering alone with no current power over makes you empathize with him, at least in that way.

On the flip-side the rage felt pretty authentic especially since we've seen the twins as typical emotionless girls to seem them compelled by their will to protect and avenger one another that is something. I will say the wait between episodes is frustrating but it delivers at least. At most I may take a break just to avoid the angst suspension.
May 15, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
I have no doubt after this episode that this is AotS. Great job White Fox.

A lot of things has been explained in this episode. But again new questions arise :-)
May 15, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
NOW I'M REALLY MAD

THEY DIDN'T ADAPTED THIS PROPERLY! THIS BONE-CHILLING PAGE WASN'T ADAPTED CORRECTLY.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 15, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2015
That is one dumbass MC I've seen.
His dialogue are way too cheesy.
After two really boring eps, the show's back with its dark and grim storytelling throughout the whole ep.
That last part at the cliff was fine I think, Subaru atlast deciding to die again to save the twins.
Now we got a real cliffhanger in this ep lol. Get it?
May 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
@kidlat020 Because maybe the manga isn't even the source material but an adaptation itself? And as surely know adaptations interpret the source material in their own way. Just because the manga drew it like that doesn't mean this has to be in the anime. In fact the anime addressed it just in a different kind of way, actually from Subaru's point of view. He only noticed it subconsciously and so did we. The manga doesn't share the same POV as the anime does.
May 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
That was beautiful
May 15, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Man this episode was feels-ridden beyond belief. I had such a thrill watching it that I literally had to pause it once or twice to take a deep breath. My god I love this show so much and I'm glad that it's getting 25 episodes so hopefully this series will keep amping up the hype.

White Fox is really showing their dedication to this series and you can tell they are trying to make up for that plague of an adaptation of Akame ga Kill so good job White Fox, I'm proud of you. Cannot wait for next week.
Don't believe the hype.
May 15, 2016 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
Extremely heavy episode. I could feel the fear that Subaru felt when he was hesitating to jump. He needs to find a method to painlessly kill himself to reset every time. Like a suicide pouch.
Hi there
May 15, 2016 11:46 AM
Dec 2013
Does the novel explain what that hand thing is?
May 15, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2007
Welp, I am back to not knowing how Subaru dies since Rem apparantly also died? Wut. I guess there are indeed two sets of murderers targeting them - Blue Maid targeting Subaru and then another one targeting them all?

The maid sisters look crazy powerful tho, as does Betty. Overall the whole mansion feels like filled with monsters.

Really confused about the weird hand thing - either whoever is responsible for Subaru's powers placed that as a failsafe or Emilia herself is no better than the rest of the mansion and is just messing with him in order to ensure he does not reveal stuff(we did have implications that she looks similar to the whatever witch they keep mentioning so there is a possibility she actually is). Not sure yet. That would certainly enrich her character as so far Emilia is the most under-developed out of entire cast.

The episode was flawlessly directed. The episode contained a lot of smart uses for unusual camera angles, sound effects and visual storytelling. On top of that, the VA work for Subaru was top-notch too. Really showcases how well good directing and cinematography can set an atmosphere. A lot of anime shows fall flat on their face unable to set the right tone and should learn from this series.

kidlat020 said:

THEY DIDN'T ADAPTED THIS PROPERLY! THIS BONE-CHILLING PAGE WASN'T ADAPTED CORRECTLY.

The scene happened and was shown, just not in such blatantly anvilicious way as that page you linked. Also isn't manga just an adaptation too? the source is light novels.
AhenshihaelMay 15, 2016 11:50 AM
May 15, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
It seems Subaru will start thinking about the whole situation before acting now (I think he will stop trying to get a date with Emilia as a priority). If that's the case, then I guess the quality of the story will improve a lot.
May 15, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2007
O M G !

What an episode! I am not sure I can stick with a 9/10 for much longer if this keeps on going beyond my expectations.

That Leap to Restart sent shivers down my spine, and probably the best ending to any episode this season of [InsertAnyAnime].

Those who are ogling on Kabaneri, if they aren't watching this, are missing out the best show of the season, and the real contender for AoTY this year. I have spoken.

Here hoping they maintain this level of intensity and excitement for the remaining 18 episodes!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.

Jul 2014
Fucking hell, talk about the best episode of the season. This was almost painful to watch in a way, but only because the emotions of the cast, in particular Subaru's despair at Rem killing him and the fact that he can't tell anyone about his power, were conveyed so well that they resonated with me to a level that few series have managed to accomplish. Once again though, Subaru impresses me with his resilience in the face of constant death and despair, even going as far as killing himself to make things work.

Main thing I'm curious about is the fact that the witch's "smell" is apparently getting stronger and stronger on Subaru, apparently after every loop as well. Makes me wonder if she's involved in Subaru's power and transfer to this world somehow, though why that would be the case is definitely the biggest mystery of all.

Nov 2014
Rem and Ram have so much pent up hate.

A lot of crying and angst in this episode.

It ended nicely, though. I look forward to learning more about where Subaru's curse came from, why he stinks, and how (or if) he'll save Rem.

5/5
aikaflipMay 15, 2016 12:07 PM
Aug 2013
Well, its obvious now that this revive thing isnt some ability he got out of good will, but more of a curse, wich he got from the jealous witch i suppose, considering he smells like her and I dont see where it could originate from otherwise.

Other then that we got some more information about Subarus current circumstances, he didnt got cursed this time either, but rem did, wich means the curse probably comes from the town, since he wasnt there his last 2 revives, but rem was. Not sure why she lived in the previous revive though, maybe because it wasnt night time when she killed subaru and the curse started kicking in after she killed him? That´s my theory at least.

Other then that, I didnt got too much out of the episode in terms of information, if I missed soemthing feel free to tell me.

Edit: Just read about the smell getting stronger, interesting mention if thats really the case, it might even hint to a limit of how many revives he can do at a certain "checkpoint" or at all.
KirasayaMay 15, 2016 11:56 AM
May 15, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
simonli2575 said:
Does the novel explain what that hand thing is?
Yes. Just like everything else, give it time and it will be explained :)
May 15, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
Anime of the year?

The correct answer is...YES! FUCKING YES!
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.