Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh first half felt a bit slow, mostly with Usagi getting support from her friends and comfort.

So Death Busters make their next move...using technology as a medium with their plans. I think I've seen something similar from the first season. Kinda glad to see Michiru and Haruka's transformation being animated. One of the few times where it doesn't take up so much screen time
May 2, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
I was expecting the transformation scene to be longer than that. It's the first time we're seeing it. They could use the shortened version next time.
May 2, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
Awesome episode.
Cool Ami/Mercury moments and shortest transformation ever! Creepy dark motives, decent action and good animation.
And Setsuna is back!!! I'm personally happy about this!
But i dislike new lame and childish ending.
And they just copied Uranus and Neptune's transformations from old anime. I'm ok with it but...
May 2, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
Michiru and Haruka's transformation are quite good but their theme song aren't as good as the old version. The old version violin theme are so great.
May 2, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode - new theme song slightly confused me but was good. The transformations of Haruka and Michiru were pretty (especially the latter, Ami gave me a thing for water motifs). The reveal of Haruka's talisman was predictable, but I'm interested to see how the introduction of Pluto's civilian identity will impact on the Senshi in the near future.
May 2, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Awwwwww yeah, baby. We got a new version of the OP and a new ED in this one. Absolutely love it. I need official versions of both ASAP. As for the episode, we finally get some full force Uranus and Neptune action. This may also be the first time that I've ever wanted the transformation to be longer. While things could have gone a little more quickly, I got too hyped by the final look of Pluto at the end. She's lookin' fiiiiiiiiiiine.

May 2, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2010
Hype episode is hype.

- more Ami. were really lacking Ami scenes.
- Mamu and Usagi being each open to each other.
- Chibiusa being cute and mature for once, loved that.
- Haruka and Michiru beautiful transformations (and Haruka being reasonably OP as usual)
- and finally, Setsuna aka Pluto hype!

Great episode.
May 2, 2016 12:35 PM
Mar 2016
Honestly what was this.. I am just speechless. This was such a fantastic episode. I loved everything about it. The animation had as many mediocre frames as episode 3 had, but I feel that that's truly nitpicking, almost every anime has some imperfect seconds animation-wise. I adored how gorgeous Usagi was while crying, like omg the show is getting what it deserves. I was blown away by Uranus and Neptune in this episode and their transformations were gorgeous (well they followed the original ones which I have always loved afterall *-*) Uranus' space sword buster attack gave me the chills. Usagi and Mamoru were so sweet and that dream omfg. I was so hyped for Setsuna coming back and she looks so fresh and beautiful, she was never as pretty. Can't wait to see how she will get into the whole thing from now on. I love the direction for this cycle from the beggining but today it was the first time that I actually shouted that while watching, thanks to that scene of Ami falling from the window and transforming, I was acting crazy during that scene, it was so beautiful for some reason. I fell in love with the opening all over again, adored the new orchestration, the back up vocals and definitely the singer. At first I thought it was Kotono singing and I got all emotional but then I read that Horie Mitsuko sang it. At first I was kinda let down because of all the feels I had before, but when I started thinking that "hey she is Sailor Galaxia and I loved her voice instantly back when I watched Sailor Stars for the first time" I was crazily happy again. She surely brought a nostalgic essence of the classic anime in her singing, she did a wonderful job. Now about the new ED. Well, I am not a huge fan of Chibiusa and the song is nothing special as well, but I don't really care tbh. I really wanna see Tuxedo Mask's ED theme! I will be counting the days, the hours, the minutes and the seconds till next week LOL XD
May 2, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2010
Wow! After this episode I really see some improvements compared to the original anime.

1. Mamoru finally gained CHARACTER. In the 90' anime he was so bland, there were no chemistry between him and Usagi, he acted more like he was 40, not 19 years old.
Now we can clearly see that he is jealous of her, you can feel chemistry between them, and they look absolutely adorable together (。◕‿‿◕。)

2. Chibiusa became... kinda cute? It's probably the first time I've ever felt this way about her. In the original anime she had some unhealthy complex about her future dad, glad it's not the case in this series. Maybe she won't be as much of an annoyance anymore.

New opening is okay-ish, but Horie-san's voice just doesn't fit this song. It's deeper and stronger than Etsuko's, but clearly New Moon hasn't been written for her. She fitted Sailor Moon Song quite well though.

And ending... Well, it's a nightmare. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. I'm guessing 3 more episodes?

garydai said:
I was expecting the transformation scene to be longer than that. It's the first time we're seeing it. They could use the shortened version next time.

But it's pretty much the same length as original transformations were. I'm sure it's not a shortened version or anything.

I loved animations for it, but music was definitely way too bland... Uranus&Neptune = violin, that's how it should be. Not some boring choirs.
Kitsu-neeMay 2, 2016 1:21 PM
May 2, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2008
Ok. They tried. I appreciate.
But old version of transformation and introduction by Uranus and Neptune's is better! :)
Music was nice, but old is 100% better! xD

Ami! One of my most favorite senshi!
I love her! <3

HarukaxUsagi moments are so hot!
I start to feel sad...
that MamoruxUsagi haven't such flirting start... ;(

No! They changed ending theme!
No! No! I loved it!
I never skipped it!
Why... ;(
May 2, 2016 1:43 PM

Dec 2015
I was soooo surprised by the new ending. It's so cute!
May 2, 2016 1:51 PM
Apr 2015
I didnt't notice the new version of the opening and it will take some time before I get used to this girly ending...
Btw, the episode itself was pretty good!
May 2, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2011
The thing I didn't like about this episode is that they transitioned some scenes too fast, like when Usagi was at the park, we really just got a close up of her at the park out of the blue. o_o;

I loved the new ending since Chibiusa is my fave char of all time <3. I had to re watch Haruka and Michiru's transformations, they were great! Of course the old anime still beats them but It was totally fine.

Now that I know Sailor Galaxia is singing the opening song I can go back to fangirling the shit out of the opening theme. It was a nice little cameo there, and I hope we get a season 4 and 5 with the VA of Galaxia!!
May 2, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
Opening singer changed?

The ending also changed O_O

Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the episode

May 2, 2016 3:23 PM

Jul 2014
I actually really like the new ending. It isn't as good as the older one but I like how cute and upbeat it is.

This is probably my favorite episode so far. The interactions between Usagi and Mamoru were great and Chibiusa was cute when she was trying to help them make up.

I'm not surprised the theme played during Neptune and Uranus's transformations aren't as good as the old one but they're not bad. The nods to the original anime are great though.

Pluto/Setsuna HYPE!!
[center][/center]
May 2, 2016 3:54 PM

Mar 2012
"Does it matter if I'm male or female?" Haruka always striking my heart

not a fan of the new ending (while it isn't bad) and Uranus and Neptune's transformations, the series is still really good. Can't wait for Setsuna <3
May 2, 2016 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
Wow that episode was fucking great <3 I don't even know where to start and need to make a list.

1. Opening Theme Singer and few Instrumental changes. At the beginning I had mixed feelings, but as the song was going on and I heard the Singers voice... somehow it gave me nostalgia feelings and joy. I've checked the Singers name and ...holy crap, Galaxias Seiyuu. I was blown away. Just love this version.

2. Ending Theme Change. Hmmm... Simply put it totally doesn't fit to the Infinity Arc tone... The Song itself isn't bad, but it's too cute, happy and somehow it reminds me more of a Doremi Song, than Sailor Moon. Oh well... SM Super S Ending "Rashiku Ikimasho" was IMO cheerful too compared to the other endings, but this one is another dimension. It's almost the same situation like in One Piece with the Opening "Kaze wo Sagashite". A complete Disney vibe parade, in contrast to the Arc itself, that was so deep, sad and tragic. No offense to those liking this new ending.

3. Mamorus Dream. Deity of Destruction... I though I see Saturn... Hmmm, not really. No. :)

4. Transformation time! The animation itself was mind blowing and took me on a nostalgia trip to the 90'. I'm really glad Toei ditched the CGI Henshins in this Season. The only small let-down was, that Toei didn't made a remade version of Uranus/Neptune Transformation OST. Maybe later, when Pluto joins them? *fingers crossed* The transformation itself seemed somehow incomplete without their Henshin Pens, but well, they weren't present in the Manga to begin with. The new OST isn't bad, but it lacks that dramatic tone + Violin from the 90'. Still the Transformation itself was amazing and it made me actually edit it with the old OST + SE. It's not perfect, but still. Enjoy:

5. Ami is jealous of Viluy being a genius too? Omg XD

6. Chibiusa accidentally revealing, that Michirus Mirror is a talisman lol, baka Chibi-Usa. But I still like Chibiusa much more in SMC, than her 90' Anime version.

7. Interesting how Mamoru and Usagi made together an exact Holy Grail Replica, although they had only seen a picture of a completely different looking grail from a book. They have talent, especially Usagi, where she was so clumsy back in the old anime. I really liked that scene altogether.

8. A comeback of Reika and at the end Setsuna :D Both look much better, than from the first seasons. Next episode more Sailor Pluto yay! :)

Besides that animation quality was good for most of the time. VA very good and mostly Manga faithful. A 5/5 from me this time.
RaffMay 4, 2016 10:41 AM

May 2, 2016 6:36 PM

Mar 2013
wait so are usagi and mamo chan living together or not? moving on I am loving this weird love triangle that's happening and I agree that the first half of this episode was mainly focused on usagi but I'm ok with that because we got to see some good moments like the awkwardness between usagi and mamo chan or chibi usa's attempt to have the make up. The second half however was genius vs. genius and the dark horrors of mugen academy. We actually got to see haruka and michiru transform as well as see haruka's sword and they can no longer attend mugen academy. the end however we got our first glimpse at sailor pluto which for me raises so many questions mainly stuff about her in the previous season but who cares right now it might get explained later or not at all.

and because no one has told me to stop yet the transformation sequence took 1 minute 2 seconds.

p.s. don't know how I feel about the new ed (yet).
May 2, 2016 7:25 PM

Jun 2009
why did they have to change the ending? :'( the previous was so good~!
May 2, 2016 10:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very interesting episode. Ami's sure is a tough girl, going into Mugen Academy alone. She's quite perceptive of her surroundings, like noticing that she was being watched by the camera even if she didn't look at it directly. She then goes down to the experiment area, that was some weird stuff there. Animals locked up along with the monster that attacked them before.

Ami's transformation was pretty cool. Jumps into the water and emerges transformed.
The hype for Nepture and Uranus transformations was very good. Best part was when Uranus used the Sword Blaster attack, looked incredible. I'm anxious to see Neptune's other attacks.

On to the Usagi Mamo-kun stuff, I've noticed Usagi has been staying over at Mamo-kuns's place for a while now, probably since the show began which could be quite a long time in their time. It's just odd not seeing Usagi at home.

Sailor Pluto in non sailor clothes, it just keeps getting better. Reika also makes a brief appearance. I had to look her up as I remembered her name but not what she did in the original show. Her character is quite pretty as well.

May 2, 2016 11:35 PM

Mar 2009
Sailor Pluto looking GOOD.

Kitsu-nee said:

2. Chibiusa became... kinda cute? It's probably the first time I've ever felt this way about her. In the original anime she had some unhealthy complex about her future dad, glad it's not the case in this series. Maybe she won't be as much of an annoyance anymore.

She's come a long way from the last season. She's really matured. It also helps that her scenes with Hotaru are very endearing.
May 3, 2016 1:07 AM

Nov 2012
this episode was seriously great. ami was just a badass <3 and my bae pluto is back~
May 3, 2016 2:31 AM

May 2015
It's been so long since I read the manga and watched the original anime...how is Pluto able to run around? I thought she had to always protect that door...or is she using some sort of time trick...?

As someone mentioned above...glad to see Usagi and Mamo having a real relationship. Original anime he acted WAY older then he really was, older then he should have been dating a middle school student. Also in the original anime their relationship was...bland. Felt forced.

Also still dislike Chibiusa...she's not AS annoying as in the OG anime but...she's still super annoying. I just really hated the anime after the added her in. I feel she's just a useless character on the whole and the story would work fine without her. But I am glad they got rid of that creepy borderline incest feeling towards Mamo...that was messed up even for Japan.

My memory of this season is very fuzzy from the OG anime...as well as the next season when the circus comes...not sure why. So I don't quite remember everything that happens...which is fun! I'm really looking forward to Stars...I never watched it and never got that far into the manga so when Crystal gets around to it, it'll all be completely new for me!

Oh and I'm glad they're keeping the whole man/woman thing with Haruka going longer. I remember the OG anime only touched on it for an episode or two before dropping it like a hot potato because of the lover situation...and from this episode...that dialog she had with Usagi made me think she might be transgender? Or at least she feels like that? Very cool.
(>'.')> I have Aspergers (Autism), so if I say something "rude" it doesn't mean I'm trying to be mean or rude! I state my mind and say things bluntly, I don't have a built in filter on what I say. So please don't jump to conclusions! <('.'<)
May 3, 2016 7:26 AM

Jan 2012
dat ending....

art from ep to ep getting better and better.
May 3, 2016 12:37 PM

Oct 2009
Wish Sailor Uranus/Neptunes transformation theme were better, but other than that it's quite good.
May 3, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2015
I hope the guest-singer was a proof of their will to adapt all the parts of the manga.
A bit disappointed when I heard no violin during the new stock scenes. On the opposite, Mercury appearance was great.

4/5 Very good episode except for this new ending.

@Kryptiq They changed interprets for the sake of giving room to the old and still current seiyû of Usagi (who's actually quite good at it from what I remember).
Rei_IIIDec 9, 2016 3:20 PM
May 3, 2016 7:19 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa the Op singer changed

OMG Uranus and Neptune transformation <333

OMG her Talisman

SAILOR PLUTO AHHHH
May 7, 2016 11:29 PM

Jul 2008
Oh lord Pluto is here...heart attack here I come.
May 9, 2016 3:59 PM

Apr 2008
They put my girl Horie Mitsuko in the OP (!!!), I'm done, getting a heart attack! And then we'll get MOMO Clover...

Kind of biased for Uranus/Michiru transformations (probably would've died if that violin played). They're so sexy. Kind of a lazy approach, but everyone else is pretty similar; even Moon Heart attack has the same pose.

Enjoying the Witches getting vaporized. Why does it look so satisfying?

Ami is so cool, she's an action star!

I love the kiss and make up scene with Usagi/Mamo. Don't you just love Mamo?

PLUTOOOOOO!
May 10, 2016 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
They slightly changed the theme song and I don't mind it one bit. I actually prefer the new singer than the old one since she's a little better.

Yay, more Ami-chan in this episode! And Mamo-chan and Usagi made up with a sweet kiss while Chibiusa watches it sneakily was super sweet and funny. I love Mamo in this version :D he's so precious to Usagi and seeing him being jealous of Haruka made me love him more because I know that he deeply loves Usagi!

My favorite scene in this episode was Ami shouting her Sailor name while falling out from the window, dive into the pool, and turn to Sailor Mercury. That was the coolest thing Ami have ever done. And did I saw Pluto--err Setsuna Meioh at the end! OMGOMGOMGOMG Pluto is back! OMGOMGOMG!
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
May 12, 2016 7:31 AM
Apr 2015
I may be in the minority, but I felt like this episode was slightly mediocre, while I do love this season far better than the first two.

The animation and art was impressive like always for season 3 (I did like the shots of Ami standing under the Mugen Academy and the lampposts on the road, and that scene with Usagi and Haruka looked like a nice watercolor painting). There were some good parts, like Usagi and Mamoru helping Chibi-Usa make the grail, which showed how much their family is growing, Ami sneaking into Mugen Academy and her transformation in the pool was cool, and so was Uranus' Space Sword Blaster, which looked like it had 90's World Shakings as projectiles, that was awesome. Vilyui was also pretty cool, and I liked her Mosaic Buster with the Periodic Table Element symbols on it, though it looks more like some mini shield, and I miss her snarky side from the 90's anime. And as one user said, at least we're now past the awful and pointless Haruka x Usagi and Michiru x Mamoru thing, which actually came to a good end here and seeing Usagi and Mamoru talk and kiss was nice, they've improved greatly over their season 1 and 2 selves. I also did love the new version of the theme and it sounds way better, love Mitsuko Horie singing it. Uranus and Neptune's transformations were also awesome, though they were nowhere near as awesome as the 90's anime version. That's it for the good points.

Unfortunately for the negatives, I'm sorry, but I've got a good amount. To start off, I think the battle scene here was adapted more poorly, rather than successfully, from the manga. Minus the thing with her sneaking into the Academy and letting the girls know it was the enemy, just as I feared from the preview, Sailor Mercury was completely useless in this episode, just having her attack fail and then get hit and become helpless during the Mosaic Buster attack and fall unconscious for the rest of the episode, it made her look weak. At least in the manga, it looks like Mercury hit Vilyui and hurt her with her Mercury Aqua Mirage, and in the 90's anime, Mercury not only froze Vilyui's nano-robots with her Shine Aqua Illusion, but also was able to attempt to resist them, and only fell to her knees and was able to get up later (and saved Haruka and Michiru who later helped return the favor). Some people have said it was to show how smart Vilyui was, and while I do agree on that, and see Mars and Jupiter helping out as sort of returning the favor, when you consider Mercury's battle record overall in Crystal, and consider that she was greatly underused in this manga arc compared to Sailor Moon S (and no, it's not out of nostalgia and I'm not trying to sound biased)......

Secondly would be Uranus and Neptune here, to me anyway. Them attacking the Inners at the beginning (while I did love that rocking violin music) is yet another reason why I don't like the Outers in the manga version of the Infinity Arc. Also, they never said they were their enemies in the manga, minus later when they said that they could be considered that for spoiler[ attempting to kill Hotaru.] Why the hell would Chibi-Usa just assume that they're not "bad people" when they just suddenly attack her and the others (and seeing what looked like blood in the manga made it even worse) even after they gave her a helicopter ride, and has assaulted Usagi TWICE (sexually and with World Shaking)? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Not to mention the Outers getting their identity revealed felt rushed (along with the discovery of the talismans too), but they made Haruka's uncomfortable "I may take advantage of you" line even worse by her saying "I'll grab and eat you," especially when you consider what the word "eat" could also mean..it's really creepy as fuck!

Why the FUCK does anyone find Haruka's flirting like that charming (and they were using smiles as if they liked it)? It's creepy and how would anyone like Haruka doing that to Usagi? If someone did that to me, I'd punch them and call the police and/or get a restraining order!! That may be just me though.

Plus IMO, the whole thing with Usagi somehow feeling Haruka's pain of wanting to say something to her, never made any sense to me. Once again, I think it's a flaw the manga has that the 90's anime somehow never had in my eyes: things sometimes come out of nowhere in a way where it's hard to understand what's going on.

Sailor Neptune was underused once again...she didn't do anything except assault the Inners' ears here. Why have a character if you're not going to do much or anything with them? At least she was used better in the original anime...which portrayed her relationship with Haruka better. And I noticed this in the next episode too, it's always Haruka, Haruka, Haruka! I mean, I love Haruka and Michiru, but give us focus on Michiru too!

But like what one person said, at least we're past that whole flirting thingy that ended up going nowhere.

Third, the new Chibi-Usa ending is crap. It's too bright and happy for an arc like this one.

Fourth, unlike the other past episodes, where I got that awesome Sailor Moon feeling with the action and such, here the fight scene was just lackluster and rushed, and I didn't feel all awesome and excited. Even when I read it in the manga, it felt awesome and cool. I think it's because, in my opinion, once again, it's sticking too close too the manga, and just because that pacing worked in the manga doesn't mean it'll work here. And I'm sorry, but the fighting scene was just done better in the 90's anime, not just because of the action and such, but also because we got to see Ami stand up against Haruka and Michiru, and a sad way to see Vilyui die without knowing love...

I give it a 3/5. It could have been better and needed adjustments.
May 17, 2016 6:48 PM

Feb 2013
LOL below average episode. Maybe because Hotaru wasn't in it?...
Uranus/Neptune transformations went about as expected (signature elements same as classic).
May 20, 2016 8:38 PM

Feb 2014
Sailor Plutooooooo yaaaaaaay! Waifu is back! Let’s see a transformation and attack!!!!!

Two out of three talismans identified. Only one more left until

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2009
heh, i wasn't sure if it was neptune or one of those 5-things before she got her face outta those cartons ^_^'

i kinda miss the Neptune/Uranus transformation from the old series, i wanna remember much more pizass coming from them in that one -w-.....

seriously though, i'm only continuing to watch this basically since i wanna compare it to the old anime _xD
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 30, 2016 1:28 PM
Feb 2016
is haruka a man or a woman n the English version he is a woman and apparently thingys cousin weird
Jun 2, 2016 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode! But I'm excited for the next episode: Setsuna Meiou as the mighty Sailor Pluto!!!
New ED...and the two had transformation but Neptune didn't get any action and Uranus just stole it all! LOLZ!
4/5.
matias067Jun 2, 2016 1:29 AM

Jun 8, 2016 1:29 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I like how a majority of the males in this anime have the same haircut.
Dec 9, 2016 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
How dare they replace Etsuko Yakushimaru for the OP song >_<
The new ED is surpringly good though.

Another great episode, it's just a shame that Ami didn't get more solo time.
Feb 22, 2020 9:51 PM

Dec 2008
This is so much better than I remember the previous two seasons of Crystal being. I can't even begin how great the episode was. Ami jumping out the window and transforming! Wow!
Feb 23, 2023 3:01 PM
Aug 2017
I hate it, Mamoru an Usagi Sleeping togetter WTF, Bad music, Not weird, funny and epic villains tokosatsu style, Rei´s personality so lame. Every thing that makes the 90s sailor moon great is missing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

103 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2016

71 by MFDOOMED »»
Jan 4, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

49 by Netbug »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by cristal_14 »»
Dec 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

40 by Miwey »»
Dec 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.