Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 7, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 2009
Nice conclusion to the first half of this series. Still wondering where is Kai since he only appeared in the beginning episodes before Kei got captured. I just noticed Kai's father name on the list of 15 people that Satou is going to kill near the end.
pokegirlJun 7, 2016 10:14 AM
Jun 9, 2016 5:27 PM

Mar 2016
Really liked the ending, but wish the second season was here already haha. Glad to finally see Satao's eyes for once!
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jun 11, 2016 6:36 PM

Jun 2013
It was very mediocre. The plot has a good concept but it feels similar to Tokyo Ghoul including the characters. I like to watch CG in anime from time to time but it just feels out of place in this one. It was bearable most of the time but half-way through I just stopped caring about the story or the CG.

The characters were nothing special except for Satou and maybe Nakano. One thing that I absolutely hate in anime is the fact that how morality only matters for the protagonist while every one else gets away without any consequence. When Satou showed Kei the cold and cruel reality of humans he idiotically sticks to his phony morality of not killing or hurting those who try to kill/hurt him but won't mind killing Satou as that is the "right" thing to do like any "good" person. Even Tosaki has ulterior motives and uses all possible ways to achieve it but morality just doesn't apply to him no matter what he does. LOL I just hope these Japanese writers shove this morality crap up their ass and start adding some real logic and rationality instead.

Maybe I was expecting too much from a confusingly retarded protagonist without any resolve or motivation. But it would've been cool if he became cold, ruthless and calculative like an anti-hero from all the suffering he went through and decide to take revenge. I am not saying he should join Satou but you can't win wars without a weapon and just hope to get by blaming others for your own foolishness.

5/10
I-JitsuJun 11, 2016 7:14 PM
Jun 12, 2016 3:40 AM
Aug 2013
Satou opened his eyes O.o ! niceeee
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Jun 22, 2016 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome fight to end this anime. Wow Kei had a bad time, but he managed to survive. Satou was badass as usual especially when he opened his eyes (O.O).

I really loved this anime, I am looking forward to see the second season.

Even with CGI, it's possible to make good anime.
Jul 4, 2016 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
This show seemed exciting at the start but lost its glamour towards the end. Kei is pretty useless the whole show, sato's character is so cliche and the lack of really any 'good' use of their ajin powers was a let down. Not to mention glasses guy is so worthless as a character, he serves no purpose but to fail at doing his job.
Jul 11, 2016 1:26 AM
Jun 2016
I honestly kind of liked it, though the ending makes me think that it will diverge a bit of the manga, with the trailer for the part 3 of the movie i think i can see that maybe not all of it will change too much, but a little, it seems the Izumi backstory is still in there, sooo, yeah, idk
Jul 28, 2016 3:17 AM

Jun 2014
This was a very solid show all around, looking forward to season 2.

8/10
:3
Aug 14, 2016 11:51 PM

Jun 2011
Loved the series except for a few minor perks. I am excited for Satou's second wave, and also the adventure of Kei and Kou. If there is something I want in the second season, that is more character background for characters like the Ajin who are working with Satou.

That reminds me, where is the "dad" Ajin now, the one who allowed Kou to escape from Satou when Satou gathered up all the Ajin? What about the other 2 or 3 Ajin who didn't agree to Satou's plan? Are they still confined somewhere? Would like some more exposure on that. It would also be cool to know some foreign Ajin.

Looking forward to season 2.

P.S. CG didn't really bother me like it does for many people. It would only bother me when it's jarring, but most of the time it looked fine. What did bothered me was the excessive motion in the character's movement, it's kind of annoying, that's one thing I dislike about CGI animation.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 31, 2016 5:38 AM

Jan 2012
i will rule this country bad ass- can't wait for s:2

Sep 4, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
exciting finale. Looking forward for the 2nd season.
Sep 28, 2016 1:15 PM

Apr 2016
wow, great final episode and fantastic show.
I'm glad that I managed to see the series shortly before the second season.

the first half of the first episode was quite boring (had already considered to drop), but after that it was really terrific better.
I can understand why some people don't like the CGI with the rather slow movements, but I'm used to it and would now say that it blends well with the Ajin Conzept (shadows) and fits the anime even.

9/10

so, let's start the second season
Oct 20, 2016 4:36 AM

Apr 2010
AnimeDude892 said:
If anybody wants season 2 of Ajin, Give me a hell yeah!!!

Hell yeah!! Looking forward to it :D
Oct 20, 2016 8:05 PM
Nov 2014
banished4eva said:
AnimeDude892 said:
If anybody wants season 2 of Ajin, Give me a hell yeah!!!

Hell yeah!! Looking forward to it :D

And that's the bottom line, because stone cold says so!!!
Nov 12, 2016 2:43 AM

Jul 2008
Somebody kill that emo white haired loser as well as that cuck Agin woman
Nov 16, 2016 11:30 AM
Nov 2016
if you discovered that you were an ajin what would you do??.
write your answer to me :)
Nov 23, 2016 2:02 AM
Aug 2014
great finale , and the last couple of episodes were great,idk why it has got low rating it should be in 8s even though the cgi is not much pleasing to the eyes but one gets used to it,
Dec 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Dec 2014
He opened his eyes...HAH! never felt the serious vibe for just opening eyes wider!!

Dec 17, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
Sawatari1 said:
if you discovered that you were an ajin what would you do??.
write your answer to me :)

I would start living my life by selling my organs from the shadows to a well known hospital.

Dec 18, 2016 8:06 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
last episode of the season 1, and this episode show the change of course of Kei, surely, in the next season we watch to a Kei more aggresive against Satou!!!!

Watch the Satou´s eyes, finally, and are terrorific!!!!

7/10.
Dec 27, 2016 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
They managed to escape.
I'm surprised that Kou helped him escape considering everything Kei put him through, but I guess he was surprised too that he wasn't used as a decoy.
Satou is serious, he opened his eyes, he means business!
Jan 4, 2017 4:37 PM

Jul 2015
AWWW SHIEEET HE OPENED HIS EYES
ngl it took me a minute to get past the animation, but everything else about this show is awesome! Definitely gonna start season two this weekend. Nagai is so cold and logical and selfish and I love it. Those scientists gotta hop on his regenerating IBM level.

Also... where is Kai?
Feb 12, 2017 6:06 AM

Jun 2015
Kei's personality is really inconsistent.

Lol satou opened his eyes at the end xD

Show kinda went downhill in the middle, still really enjoyed it.

Will give it a 8/10.

Hope 2nd season will be better than this.
Apr 6, 2017 8:37 PM

Oct 2009
Satou finally open his eyes hahahah
He looks better with his eyes closed though XDD

Sad Tosaki fail again >_>
Wonder if they would be able to catch Kei and Nakano if Tosaki didn't shoot them to death which caused their revival, since Shimomura's IBM seems to always win the fight with Kei's IBM ._.
Aug 19, 2017 9:37 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Really awsome first season. 5 points instead of 8 just because I HATE this animation.
I will watch S2 anyway even If I may read the manga/novel before that.
<3

Aug 23, 2017 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
Kei's finally going to do something but he's too much of a good guy see he didn't even kill at least one of those cops. Sato, on the other hand is just badass and even though he's a terrorist, he's fighting for a purpose.

Sep 9, 2017 3:29 PM

May 2016
One of the best finales I can't wait to watch season 2 now that Sato is preparing
wave 2, If it wasn't for the animation I would have given it 9/10 instead of 8.
Oct 6, 2017 5:45 AM

Jul 2013
Satou-san should be the main character. I enjoyed this anime because of him.
Oct 7, 2017 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
This was a pretty average adaptation, it got a bit more exciting towards the end. Every scene with Kei made me want to punch the fuck out of him and Satou, Tanaka, Tosaki, Nakano was much better.

I'm still warming up to 3D anime and yes, I yawned a couple of times and found myself doing other things, pausing the series while watching it because it wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped it would be.

I'll admit, I enjoyed seeing Kei get shot, bleed, suffer and die. Too bad his death is only momentary.

As for this episode, I was wondering. Where is Nakano shitting and pissing? Fucking gross. Also, he finally got out of that abandoned truck.

Kei pisses me off so fucking much. I wish he would die a painful death.
臭い-
Dec 31, 2017 1:45 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
AJIN IS JUST GODLY EPICCCCCCCCCCC !!!!!!!!! 10/10
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 22, 2018 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
The animation is horrible and there are many missing and unexplained points but it is still watchable.
5/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Feb 10, 2018 1:05 AM

Nov 2015
I was really sceptical about the series, i read some reviews and many people did not like Ajin. But recently I got netflix and decided to watch it. And to my surprise i really liked, at first i was like "i'll never wacht CGI" but Ajin surprised me therefore 8/10.
Mar 10, 2018 11:18 PM

Mar 2018
So in the first season the MC did absolutely nothing while the villain was free to wreck havoc with no opposition. And now when he's finally going to act it's only for himself and no one else. I don't think I've seen an MC this despicable since Guilty Crown.
Apr 13, 2018 11:03 PM

Dec 2012
Fucking Kita.
Izumi so cute.
Dat headshot! +150
Kei using his IBM.
Kei said take care to Baba. *sheds tear*
Run Kei! Run!
Yeah, it is Sato's fault, but its mainly that asshole Kita.
Kei is going to use Ko.
Izumi so cute.
Tosaki figured out Kei's plan.
Ko got hit.
Kei sees Tosaki.
Kei got hit.
Kei's IBM.
Izumi is using Kuro.
Izumi got hit in the stomach. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you hit her where my Ajin children are going to be for 9 months! You'll pay!
Tosaki shot Kei and Ko.
Kei knocked down Tosaki.
Kei sees my waifu.
They got away.
LMAO I just love how my waifu broke Kita's spirit. Utsukushii!
Kei now decides to stop Sato. FukuJun and Mamoru working together again.
Dat jump.
Dat ending. Sato opened his eyes. He's serious as fuck.

Ajin was great. The waifu Izumi was the best thing about it followed by Sato. The fuck happened to Kaito?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 23, 2018 7:08 AM

Nov 2013
Goddammit Kita; you hardly got any screentime and I already hate your guts.

Glad Kei saved Ko. I thought he was going to use him as a scapegoat.

Kinda bothered me that the tranquilizer darts didn't seem to do shit. They got up moments after like it was nothing.

Makes me wonder how Kei is able to keep producing the IBMs. I was hoping it would get explained before this season was over...

Tosaki is so bad at catching Ajins it's hilarious.

God, I hate Kei so much. He blames Satou for ruining his peaceful life yet he chose not to stop him by locking Ko in the truck. AHHHHHHHH

Satou being badass as usual. Seeing him with his eyes open was kinda terrifying.

Surprisingly great show. Yeah, the CG animation is a bit mediocre at some points and the protagonist sucks, but god Satou is awesome, the OST is solid, and the story has me hooked!

I'm excited to see what happens next. 8.5/10
FunnyRatmanSep 23, 2018 7:12 AM

Apr 10, 2019 11:42 PM

Jun 2017
Nice anime

satou when he opens his eyes!! O_O
Nov 2, 2019 9:33 AM
Aug 2018
That was a good ending. Really got me hyped for season 2.

Damn im starting to hate that ajin girl. How can she do that to her own kind?? (yeah she's scared and all but its obvious thats they will just also experiment on her when she's useless for tosaki)

LOL GO KEEEEI IN THE FIGHT SCENES!!

And im missing Kai already. Where's the best boy??
Feb 8, 2020 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
Serves Kita right for disturbing Kei's peace, well at least Kou got out of the truck

I wonder what happened to Kai...hopefully he makes a comeback in the second season

Mar 16, 2020 9:42 PM

Sep 2018
I really really don't like Tosaki! I hate his guts. Kei can make many ajin at the same time! That's good!

Overall, I like it!! next.. Season 2!
May 13, 2020 7:30 AM

May 2012
Up to half of this series it was pretty generic, yet for the second half it certainly was nice.

I do sure wonder why they didn't just make it a 26 episode anime when the second season was released very fast after the first one.

But well I do wonder what it will offer!
Jun 28, 2020 10:28 PM

Dec 2018
Kita indirectly save his friend's life and his own life by causing Kei to move out of the village, I believe Kei will kill them sooner or later if he stays long enough in the village.

Lol, if only I counted how many phones did Kei sacrificed for his escape.

Seems like Kei's IBM is somewhat independent, indeed that is Kei's IBM which inherits the very prominent trait of Kei: selfish, which only cares about itself, a selfish IBM. Although, how Kei can summon IBM more than 2 times a day is still a mystery.

Kita got trolled by the media, that's why Tosaki said the japanese media had lost its value.

So, in the end there's no winged IBM, maybe in S2. Probably it belongs to one of the kidnapped Ajin by Satou.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 5, 2020 7:45 PM

Oct 2019
Shit’s going down again! See y’all in Season 2
Aug 25, 2020 4:44 AM

Jul 2020
I never expected that Kai will help Kou, I really thought he will just leave him behind.

And Satou’s wave 3 is very ambitious, I wonder if we will witness it.

This anime is really good. Though I find some police officers and minor characters useless, the story is still good. Storytelling was done right, not rushed and the important aspects were explained well. Action scenes are also badass.
Dec 19, 2020 1:23 PM

Jun 2020
Oh my god I totally thought that Kei would make use of Nakano. I’m so glad he didn’t. Damn Kei is such an interesting character, he surprises me always. And the grandma was so awesome, it was nice of Kei to wish her well before he ran off. I’d like to believe he truly was grateful to her

I like Nakano..... but I wish he wouldn’t trust Kei that easily lol, for his own good. Also I feel like he would have gotten along well with Kai. Where’s the best boy???? I hope he appears again in season 2!!!!

What a great episode!!!!!! I definitely dislike Tosaki now. Such an ass.

Also those IBM fight scenes look so good, when it comes to the IBMs the CGI is really great

Really enjoyed Ajin, can’t wait to get into the rest of it!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 17, 2021 8:22 PM
Oct 2019
the only worthwhile aspect about kei is that his ghost/ibm is somehow different than all the others. i'm quite curious to find out if we ever learn exactly why that is

kei and that kid jumping off the cliff like they're best friends now that are going to save the world? meh, felt kinda lame

tozaki is an ASSHOLE. the hat is an ASSHOLE. kei is a sociopath. these characters are horrible representations of humanity

where is kai? what illness does kei's sister have? why does the ajin with tozaki do what she does? she's just tozaki's bitch. that isn't freedom. hopefully the kid with kei proves to be a likable character

i forget, might've been in episode 12 and not 13, but i forgot all about the ajin voice. they hadn't shown it to us in awhile

this show was awesome though. so much intrigue, action and mystery

9/10 baby
HagePotPotatoMay 17, 2021 9:29 PM
Jun 22, 2021 2:48 PM

Mar 2017
when will they fucking kill that bitch Shimomura? Does she not realize the moment her secret is out, all the police will hunt her and experiment on her. Like, use your mind bitch. And start providing support to Satou or Kei as an insider.
Aug 27, 2021 3:38 PM

Jan 2017
n__k said:
when will they fucking kill that bitch Shimomura? Does she not realize the moment her secret is out, all the police will hunt her and experiment on her. Like, use your mind bitch. And start providing support to Satou or Kei as an insider.

exxxacctly my thoughts, it's so sad to see that she's helping the other team with her ajin powers even though she could've been the victim of their cruel measures. GET RID OF HER
Feb 22, 2022 9:36 PM
Aug 2021
The finale was kinda underwhelming for me. There isn't any form of closure here. The only character I give a shit about is Kou.. And what the frick happened to Kaito?? NVM I don't bother anyway. The Ajins taking over plot isn't doing anything for me and I doubt I'll watch the second season
Apr 21, 2022 8:59 PM

Jul 2019
Anime was fun and enjoyable but satou carried the show.
May 6, 2022 9:54 PM

Jul 2021
Maybe with better production quality, I would've rated it higher but I haven't read the manga so my final judgment is still indecisive. Going to set it a 4/10 for now because the first half and a quarter of the 2nd half was very underwhelming and stupid with the expectations and could've gone more straightforward.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

84 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.