Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol the dog...

The episode was..okay, with a decent amount of comedy (mixed bag at at that). The show really likes to support characters with relationships so in some ways, I kinda found it adorable with the little girl and dog. The mystery was pretty simple with the identity tag.
Mar 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2015
Serizawa is like a Club Member but more for like a Medic, I guess? It look like that she's more concern with the Club Member's health and stuff.

That can't be a dog, that must be a Yeti.
MasceraMar 9, 2016 10:18 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 9, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2012
So in Japan the fathers are more likely to get custody after a divorce? Complete opposite from the US then as my brother painfully discovered. Anyway hope that adorable little girl sees her mom again soon. Pretty good episode, far superior to last week anyway, not that that's saying much.
Mar 9, 2016 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
It was an okay episode.

Let's hope the little girl will about to see her mom soon!
Mar 9, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
Seems Chika doesn't care much for credit of her actions seeing as she ran away after saving the child even when she was hurt.

I have seen a Tibetan Mastiff ones their really nice looking dogs.
And pretty big, i grew up with Irish Wolfdogs so i am used to big dogs hence saying pretty big.
In any case a divorce can be pretty bad especially for the children, parents are usually more concerned about having custody over the children than what's good for the children.
It's really sad.
Mar 9, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
animefan8800 said:
So in Japan the fathers are more likely to get custody after a divorce? Complete opposite from the US then as my brother painfully discovered. Anyway hope that adorable little girl sees her mom again soon. Pretty good episode, far superior to last week anyway, not that that's saying much.

Not only US.
And it's really bad, because there are many cases when children are given to mother, while mothers are... Well, nicely speaking - not able to take a good care of them.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 9, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2012
rsc-pl said:
animefan8800 said:

Not only US.
And it's really bad, because there are many cases when children are given to mother, while mothers are... Well, nicely speaking - not able to take a good care of them.

Indeed, as in the case with my older brother sadly, though I suppose I'm biased. :(
Mar 9, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
Another enjoyable episode
Mar 9, 2016 12:16 PM

Sep 2014
That's a big dog to give to a little girl.
It's pretty bad how that guy was trying to say it was his dog, oh well. Glad things were solved.
Mar 9, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol the dog...

Haruta is emulating Nello and Patrasche from "Flanders no Inu"
Mar 9, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Was that a guy dressed as Snufkin from Moomin I saw in the next episode preview? omg
Mar 9, 2016 1:54 PM

Oct 2015
Nice chapter, very funny and with a cool mistery.
I don't believe that Chika saves a kid, sound like a bad excuse.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 9, 2016 2:38 PM
Feb 2016
It was a really good episode, in my opinion. It had quite a lot of comedy and I hope that little girl can see her mom.
However, the anime is almost ending already! ;-; and there hasn't been much romance to talk about. I wonder if it will end with HarutaxChika or if the only romance will get is HarutaxSenseixChika
Well, even so, I love this anime. Should be more popular..
Mar 9, 2016 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
Alright episode, not too much about it besides the mysterious writer and a connection to Kusakabe's background. Themes on divorce/separation have come up as well. With their competition coming close, I wonder how they'll continue like this.
Mar 9, 2016 5:08 PM

Oct 2011
Haruto is from the Dog of Flanders OMG T__________T
Mar 9, 2016 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
Why didnt they call the police? How the fuck did they not realize he ran away? They let a douche who was trying to steal a dog from a little girl get away.
Mar 9, 2016 9:49 PM

Jan 2009
straggy said:
Was that a guy dressed as Snufkin from Moomin I saw in the next episode preview? omg
That's what I was thinking too! Hahah, the colors were pretty spot on.

Well this was a okay episode - muh heroic Chika-chan! >w>
Mar 9, 2016 10:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man this episode went by so fast for me, but this stuff with the dog was hilarious lol
Mar 9, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2012
eh i wasn't really digging the mystery in this episode, it seemed too random for me. and they really should've just brought the dog to a shelter or something.
Mar 10, 2016 12:05 AM

Aug 2009
They really seem to shoe-horn in the deep emotional connection to some of these mysteries. It couldn't just be about who's dog it was? Either way, I enjoyed this episode! It was a good lead-up to the competition. Hopefully we get to hear some awesome band music next week!

I could let this loop forever.
Mar 10, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2014
Weird much

Still OMG SNUSMUMRIKEN IN THE PREVIEW
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 10, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
Haruta looks like he idolises the Tibetan Mastiff dog more than Kusakabe-sensei, lol.

I was unsure as to who was telling the truth. However, the guy gave it away when his tone changed after hearing one of the girl's answer. I bet he was only interested in the dog because of the value he could sell it for, so it was good timing for Kusakabe to show up and help solve the problem.

I do have sympathy for the girl though. Who knows if her mother is really nice or not, but she does want to have contact with her, but since her father won custody over her and cut off contact to her mother, she's left with no options. Pretty harsh on a kid like her...
Mar 10, 2016 12:39 PM

May 2015
Lol. This episode had some pretty funny moments. But damn, that dog is big. Mystery was alright in this episode.

Mar 10, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2009
Next week: Mystery of Moomins
Mar 10, 2016 3:44 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Weird, but decent episode. What a dog :D

3/5
Mar 11, 2016 1:54 AM

Jul 2009
This anime is so random...the whole dog thing was nice to watch, I am glad there's just more 2 episodes to go...
Mar 11, 2016 2:47 AM

Oct 2015
That was nice catch. How did she even hurt herself by landing in that bush?

What, is that dog...
It was pretty obvious that the girl was the owner. What motives would a little girl like her have compared to some adult looking guy. They also put more effort into her design than that man meaning she was more important. And little girls always win in anime.

Did her mother seriously expect her 8 year oldish daugther to figure out that riddle? Don't think that would've ever happened.
Mar 11, 2016 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
that's a nice dog but the mystery was boring
Mar 11, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
Ku-ri-su said:
That was nice catch. How did she even hurt herself by landing in that bush?

What, is that dog...
It was pretty obvious that the girl was the owner. What motives would a little girl like her have compared to some adult looking guy. They also put more effort into her design than that man meaning she was more important. And little girls always win in anime.

Did her mother seriously expect her 8 year oldish daugther to figure out that riddle? Don't think that would've ever happened.
Even if she landed on a bush, it is still a huge amount of kilos that she had to catch plummeting fast. All of that is a huge chunk of force at once that CAN in fact injure you since the limbs take a hit.

Anyway this was a pretty funny episode. It seems Chika and Haruta's bickering is as frequent as usual, I mean she scratching Haruta, LOL!!

Haruta was himself pretty fun to watch with his delusions and his angels descend (I was reminded of the foodgasms where Soma angels appear) and Chika having to put a halt to him so as to no degrade himself any further LOL.

Anyway from a viewer point and perhaps from an inside perspective too, it didn't take much to figure that the guy was the liar all the time, his attitude just made it worse to trust him but Haruta had to prove it and this asshat was willingly going to the final consequences for a chunk of money (asshole).

First time that Haruta panics and resolves the mystery thanks to Sensei throwing words of encouragement. It is refreshing to see that while extremely smart, that there is so much Haruta can do by himself and needs others to support him.

Now that journalist and next episode............thanks are gonna get flared quick.
Mar 11, 2016 12:38 PM
Feb 2014
Aversa said:
Seems Chika doesn't care much for credit of her actions seeing as she ran away after saving the child even when she was hurt.

And pretty big, i grew up with Irish Wolfdogs so i am used to big dogs hence saying pretty big.
In any case a divorce can be pretty bad especially for the children, parents are usually more concerned about having custody over the children than what's good for the children.
It's really sad.

Why would they stay together just because of the child. Love shouldn't suffer or be a pretend-kind just because there's a third person involved no matter who that third person is to you. Parents are also people who need love between each other, and not some beings created solely for the purpose of training a baby without having intimate connections and conversations with each other, in other words they are alive/souls too.

Now if you meant that the parents just want the kid for them self when 1 is clumsy and the other not.. well they both love them equally, you shouldn't look at who's more capable of raising them. Unless one of them has financial problems or is totally clumsy to drop a kid.

Ku-ri-su said:

I doubt the kid would solve it even when she'd become an old chick. She could've given her the address normally on paper or called the dog by the street name and made the password the house number or smth. That way she could at least notice that the street and name match.
Mar 11, 2016 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
projectfear22 said:
Why would they stay together just because of the child. Love shouldn't suffer or be a pretend-kind just because there's a third person involved no matter who that third person is to you. Parents are also people who need love between each other, and not some beings created solely for the purpose of training a baby without having intimate connections and conversations with each other, in other words they are alive/souls too.

I'm going to make a wild guess that you've never had a child. Having dealt with divorces before, one of the most often given reasons that married couples stay together in a bad marriage is for the sake of their children. It is not at all uncommon for parents to seek divorce after their children are grown up.

While I acknowledge that parents have their own needs, parents who love their children will often make the choice to sacrifice their own well being to be able to provide for their children both materially and emotionally. Raising a child alone is hard.

Now if you meant that the parents just want the kid for them self when 1 is clumsy and the other not.. well they both love them equally, you shouldn't look at who's more capable of raising them. Unless one of them has financial problems or is totally clumsy to drop a kid.

In most countries based on English law, the preference is for both parents to have joint custody. In Japan strangely the situation is reversed; the preference is to give one parent single custody. I could be wrong on this but apparently the other parent does not have visitation rights (shocking!)
Mar 12, 2016 12:48 AM

Dec 2010
No where near as good as last week's which was definitely one of the highlights of the series. But, this isn't really a bad episode by any stretch of the imagination. The mystery wasn't as great, but the stuff behind it, and the introductions of characters like the Writer, add more mystery to the character of Kusakabe. I hope they will be able to build on to that more.

Still a super enjoyable show, and this episode went by really fast. It's a shame its only 12 episodes. I could watch several cours of this!
Mar 12, 2016 5:56 AM
Feb 2014
Jacara said:

I'm going to make a wild guess that you've never had a child. Having dealt with divorces before, one of the most often given reasons that married couples stay together in a bad marriage is for the sake of their children. It is not at all uncommon for parents to seek divorce after their children are grown up.

While I acknowledge that parents have their own needs, parents who love their children will often make the choice to sacrifice their own well being to be able to provide for their children both materially and emotionally. Raising a child alone is hard.

No I haven't. But I believe the opposite, parent's should not sacrifice their own well being and love life (well love is the essence of life and the most important thing so they would be sacrificing their life entirely then..)
just because of the child. Give an arm a leg or something to keep the kid happy sure, but fake love because of him/her.. not a chance. As long as you visit the child it's okay. I may be 20 now but I still would rather want my parent's to go after the one they love as opposed to staying together just because of me. Though thankfully my parents love each other.

Sure if the kid is like a baby or 1, 2 years old you can try to patch things up and see if you actually love each other, but don't be mislead and in the illusion of love, if you don't love each other then go and find someone else, just visit the child and be together with it. If you can stay in an okay relation with the -ex so you can be sometimes together as friends (friend part valid only if the child is very young but not necessary), if not, just visiting and doing stuff alone with the kid is okay. The kid will get over the separation of the parents and understand that human beings have their own lives.

Jacara said:

In most countries based on English law, the preference is for both parents to have joint custody. In Japan strangely the situation is reversed; the preference is to give one parent single custody. I could be wrong on this but apparently the other parent does not have visitation rights (shocking!)

That's awful o.o
Mar 12, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
projectfear22 said:
But I believe the opposite, parent's should not sacrifice their own well being and love life (well love is the essence of life and the most important thing so they would be sacrificing their life entirely then..)

If you are saying parents should not be forced to sacrifice their own life for their child, sure, I agree with you.

But what if the parents want to sacrifice their own lives for their child? You can't stop them. Dads take up 2-3 jobs or work 14 hour days. Moms who clean houses part time for a living, just to put their children through school. Single parents who sleep 3 hours a day so that they can do more OT. Or put up with abusive bosses so as not to lose their jobs and put food on the table. Parents do it every day, every where, all the time.
Mar 12, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
projectfear22 said:
Aversa said:

It's really sad.

I didn't say the parents should stay together.
What i was saying is that parents should do what's good for the children which is often not the case during a divorce.
Divorces can end very badly till the point where the parents don't even want to see each other anymore it's not uncommon where a parent doesn't want his/her child anywhere near the other parent.
And in many cases the child is forced to pick a side but from the child perspective his/her parents are still his/her parents and they like their parents equally.
What i mean to say is a child has the right too see both his/her parents they should not have to pick between them.
However the nature of the divorce can have a severe influence on this right which is often bad for the child.

As a parent you have a responsibility towards your child many people seem to forget this during a divorce.
This despite the fact that there are many solutions where both parents can play a part in a child's life even when they divorced.
Mar 13, 2016 5:06 AM
Feb 2014
I can't keep up with other threads lol

Oh well I can't make the stop thinking like that so whatever, I just think they shouldn't ruin them self because their child. As long as you visit daily and have fun it's alright.

Aversa said:

I didn't say the parents should stay together.
What i was saying is that parents should do what's good for the children which is often not the case during a divorce.
Divorces can end very badly till the point where the parents don't even want to see each other anymore it's not uncommon where a parent doesn't want his/her child anywhere near the other parent.
And in many cases the child is forced to pick a side but from the child perspective his/her parents are still his/her parents and they like their parents equally.
What i mean to say is a child has the right too see both his/her parents they should not have to pick between them.

Yeah I like that thinking they shouldn't stay together if they don't love each other but the kid should still see both of them and one parent shouldn't be jealous that the kid is with the other parent. :)
Mar 13, 2016 9:25 AM

Sep 2015
Still disappointed with how this show has turned out. I was expecting something very similar to Hibike! sound euphonium, instead it's more like a mystery anime. This episode had some good comedy but...it's main focus was about finding the owner to a dog. Seriously gone down hill this time
Mar 15, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Overall, the episode is not bad, nice enough in the narrative charm into fruition. Note that for once the Haruta infallibility is not, appreciated the gesture, he makes more human and less irritating. Chika instead is always fun and not boring, his way of doing it is nice, I like it. Scenery beautiful to see, the quality of the drawings pretty good.
Mar 16, 2016 7:43 PM

Oct 2008
the heck! they really have the time to play detective right before practicing on a real theater stage!
3/5.

Mar 20, 2016 5:37 PM

Nov 2015
It was ok, excited to see what will they do in the competition

Mar 20, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2013
Awwww, that was adorable :)
Mar 23, 2016 12:50 PM

Feb 2015
well, good episode overall. but i still don't know why they made the mystery out of nowhere in this epiosde. for what purpose, that is what i don't know so it's kinda bugging me but overall, pretty good episode i guess. the mystery is complicated but to me it was okay. same as usual. with the tricky conclusion..... pretty interesting imo. and that's all. nothing much happen in this episode i think.
Mar 24, 2016 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
I probably enjoyed that episode cause of the dog xD
All jokes aside, that was a pretty entertaining episode.
Mar 24, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2013
matias067 said:
the heck! they really have the time to play detective right before practicing on a real theater stage!
3/5.

The have a lot of free time lol, but who know maybe they have training so hard that they can relax at the competition
Mar 30, 2016 1:01 PM

May 2012
Another average episode, the focus of the show almost completely shifted to some random events.

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2016

429 by Nakano_Nin0 »»
Sep 16, 2022 6:05 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2016

124 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.