Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol this episode felt somewhat different. Rather than fighting goblins for the millionth time from the start, we got quite a bit of moments with exploring and character chemistry in particular Mary, Haru, Shihoru.

And I have to admit, I enjoyed watching Yume's adventurous personality in the episode.

World building wise, the show remains simple for its fantasy themes. They probably overdid it with the insert songs this episode especially in the first half but whatever. Got used to it by now.

I'm starting to like Mary a little bit more after this episode. Lol, Barbara's return was funny to watch.
Stark700Mar 6, 2016 8:39 AM
Mar 6, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2013

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedMar 6, 2016 11:26 AM
Yo
Mar 6, 2016 8:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MTM3016 said:
Sounds like a missed opportunity....I wish that I could see this

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedMar 6, 2016 11:26 AM
Mar 6, 2016 8:50 AM

Jan 2015
So it's about Mary that have to face her own fear. and here I thought that the Episode will be free from "Manato" word

Damn that Haru's training is SO what's the word again? Oh yeah "Intense". :P
MasceraMar 6, 2016 9:08 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 6, 2016 8:55 AM

Apr 2015
This week’s episode is tricky as it depends on what type of consumer you are. As an anime only watcher you’ll like it for what it showed you but as a light novel reader you might have your problems.

So what did the anime adaptation differently? First of all they cut some content, in fact the very first chapter. It’s nothing majorly important but it would have given a nice touch.

TyrelMar 6, 2016 7:04 PM
Mar 6, 2016 9:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
It surely is a breather episode, alright?

The scene between Haruhiro and Mary in the night was very good (great visuals)
Mar 6, 2016 9:06 AM
Dec 2011
Tokoya said:
MTM3016 said:

Mod Edit: Modified quote and added spoiler tags.
ShockedMar 6, 2016 11:28 AM
Mar 6, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2012
Fairly relaxing rest episode once again matching that slow pace this series is famous for. Bit of setup for next week and Mary drama to go along with it. Was nice to see Barbara and her big, beautiful tits again! :D That mine seems rather ominous to me...
Mar 6, 2016 9:14 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pacing is slow, but I loved the episode. Please tell me there'll be more than 12 episode, right?! Insert song was nice, and Mary agreeing to go with them was nice too. Idk whether I should feel bad for Haru at the end or be jealous XD

5/5
Mar 6, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty relaxing episode. I like the character interactions and it seems like we're going to be getting a lot of action next week

Mary x Haru ship

Barbara is still one of the best characters

Mar 6, 2016 9:17 AM

Feb 2016
Nice episode without much happening in terms of action, but its all set up for the last 3 episodes
Mar 6, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
Seems like Mary x Haru is the new ship.
Mar 6, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2014
Nice to see that Mary is so determined to face her fears head on and not run away from them, and it's also good to see Mary and Haru getting closer through their mutual fears. Still disappointed that Haru didn't think about the connotations of Cyrene Mine when bringing it up in the first place; I liked how during that scene in the bar they deliberately avoided showing Mary's face until she left the bar.

Also, why can I only see this trip to the mine going catastrophically wrong? With this series being how it is, I just can't see anything good coming from this journey to the mine.
Mar 6, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
Fappa said:
This week’s episode is tricky as it depends on what type of consumer you are. As an anime only watcher you’ll like it for what it showed you but as a light novel reader you might have your problems.

So what did the anime adaptation differently? First of all they cut some content, in fact the very first chapter. It’s nothing majorly important but it would have given a nice touch.

WHAT? Not important?! I WANT TO SEE THAT FIRST CHAPTER, NOT THIS SLOW SLICE OF LIFE SHIT. God nothing pretty much happened again. Mary got some development which was nice but the rest? I NEED SOME ACTION DAMNIT

That's it, time to go read the LN.
TyrelMar 6, 2016 7:05 PM
Mar 6, 2016 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
well mary x haru has been a thing since last episode
and lol barbara what the heck u sitting on? that's haruhiro's d... :x

the first half was... i couldn't help facepalming really, insert song again, nothing happened in the first half.
so they decided to go to Cyrine Mine (i think i got the name wrong) anyways yeah, i hope no one dies.
Mar 6, 2016 9:39 AM

Jan 2015
Ugh what a week, they cut out one of the more badass parts from the LN and they added more anime original bs with even more insert songs. Such a waste.

At least there's Mary who at this point is the only saving grace of the show.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 6, 2016 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
D-Joe said:
Tokoya said:

Totally agree with you!

ShockedMar 6, 2016 11:29 AM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Mar 6, 2016 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
another amazing episode with two awesome insert songs. The interactions between haruhiro and Mary are flawless as usual. everyone is shipping haruhiro with someone but honestly i dont want to ship him because i dont know if this show is going to focus on romance and i wouldnt want to degrade the show with ship wars like in nisekoi, although that anime is still really funny.

But back to grimgar, i want to tell you my theory on why haruhiro chose the mine. Not sure if he chose it consciously or subconsciously but i think he actually wanted to help Mary move on. After getting close to her he really wanted to help her by killing death spots so he asked the party to go to the mine.

Also loved the insert at the begining where they showed how all the characters spend there day off. You see ranta having fun fishing. You get to see best girl Yume and her adventurous spirit while she is rock climbing.

And that scene with barbara with the insert song that reminds me of the nla theme in xenoblade chronicles x, that was funny. Haruhiro was just getting tortured. She was attacking him and sitting on him. This scene was also the only scene i can think that really implies a romantic direction in this anime. Also interesting to find out more about his new power. Still kinda mysterious.

Overall another fantastic episode of grimgar. It shows why it continues to be the best anime this season and a masterpiece.

11/10
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 6, 2016 9:43 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
"Taking a break" episode in a slow-paced 1-cour anime? Oh, come on.

...but at least they wouldn't fight goblins again in the next battle, which is nice to know, and I got to see more Mary

Yes, Yume, I'm starting to get a bit bored seeing goblins

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 6, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2015
5/5 just because I got to see a Haruhiro x Mary scene.

Barbara is awesome as always though, she looks like a badass when "Training" Haruhiro.
For the next episode, I don't know why, but I have a big feeling someone is going to die, most likely moguzo or the red haired dude (forgot his name xD).

Also nice to see Shihoru talk a bit more and also see the red haired girl's adventuris side (forgot her name also).
Mar 6, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
Finally an episode where they aren't spending 10 minutes fighting goblins. We got some more development for Haru and Mary's relationship, and Barbara's return to the series was pretty funny. It should be fun to see them fight in a new setting against some different opponents.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 6, 2016 9:58 AM

Sep 2015
Oh the animation of the water is pretty smooth *o*

That beatbox insert song is kinda weird imo
Mar 6, 2016 9:58 AM
Dec 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Pacing is slow, but I loved the episode. Please tell me there'll be more than 12 episode, right?! Insert song was nice, and Mary agreeing to go with them was nice too. Idk whether I should feel bad for Haru at the end or be jealous XD

5/5

Sadly, it's only 12 episodes.

Well, they cut the part of my favourite character, Renji. I wanna see the BADASS RENJI. And they still add more original scenes, Shitt!!!

At least, we saw more Best of the Best Girl, MARY.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Mar 6, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
*waits for insert song haters*

Before the episode started I thought "Damn I wanna see what these people do on a day off." And the came the episode and I was like "Oh...well please more battles and Yume's ass"

Also forgot how much of a knock out Barbara is...good lord what a body...also she made a Penis joke that had me rolling! lol

Yume sleep talking was adorable, and her rock climbing was awesome, Ranta has his eyes on her for sure.

Moguzo snoozing was funny.

Shihoru is the worst character in this anime, just so boring.

Mary had some good development and there was that moment with Yume at the end where Yume had her hand on Mary's back so I feel that friendship is progressing.

Of course all the Mary and Haru moments, it it wasn't for Yume x Haru I would support Mary x Haru but alas.

Who was Haru thinking of when Barbara was sitting on him and told him "You have to pick one"? I also laughed when she said all three would be nice XD

How can you even pick one though when this Beauty laying on you though! Jeesus
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 6, 2016 10:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Just finished watching it and I must say that this was a very nice chill breather episode....Great follow up to last week in terms to how everyone are moving on as well

However the parts with Mary were easily the best and seeing her gradually put down her defences in front of Haru just makes me want to ship them even more and we all know that they have feelings for each other at this point

My favorite part though was with Haru's master....I missed seeing her gorgeous self so much and LMAO at how she was abusing him but I'm a sexual type of way even xD The OST was really nice in this episode as usual too

Looking forward to the mines expedition which should add to the world building aspects that this episode has set up....The title of the next episode has me worried a little though
Mar 6, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2011
Given the show's pacing the 12th episode will end with them exiting the mine with or without casualties

Mar 6, 2016 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
Before seeing Barbara I had this little essay in my mind about the whole feel and character development of this episode.
But now all I have in my head is Barbara XD

Seriously she was just... daaaaamn O_O
Mar 6, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
The training part is boring but I like the Mary x Haru part is good. LOL! Haru, trying to take a peek at Mary skirts.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 6, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
However I really liked the Shihoru scene on the bridge, I found it very cute !

Besides the phrase "I just felt like it" says a lot, like not want to repeat the mistakes of the past, when she failed to say what she wanted (Manato).
Ramiel00Mar 6, 2016 10:37 AM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Mar 6, 2016 10:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fappa said:

D-Joe said:
Tokoya said:

Affer reading the above post I REALLY wish that I could have seen that lol

But yeah you guys are right, and it does sound like something that can easily be added in another season so I'm good with the changes :)

Great analysis/review btw @Fappa

TyrelMar 6, 2016 7:05 PM
Mar 6, 2016 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
>Insert song added again

Another pointless and dull episode. yay~
Mar 6, 2016 10:32 AM
Mar 2016
Does anyone knows what's the song title and artist between haru x mary scene? Thanks. :)
Mar 6, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2015
OhknowS00 said:
Does anyone knows what's the song title and artist between haru x mary scene? Thanks. :)

(K)NoW_NAME - Sun will rise

If you want to know the names of literally any song used in the past 9 episodes check out Toho animations youtube channel. They have all those songs with its scenes there.
Mar 6, 2016 10:53 AM
Apr 2013
Z4k said:
>Insert song added again

Another pointless and dull episode. yay~

I really cant help but think why people still thinking as if this is an action anime after 9/12 episodes up.

Yeah, preferences, you judge this episode is pointless and dull, yet I judge this episode as great and detailed.

For you to watch grimgar until this point you must have already know that grimgar chose to favor SOL, drama and character development (via lifestyle not action) from the last 8 episodes, wouldnt you change your perspective of view and seek the details what the characters' "character" have? ( and the progression of their lifestyle at the new world they've been adapting, since they came here from another world and forgot everything except their habits or some words they sometimes remember), I thought you would understand it as it is the same kind of details of what Ishida Sui put thru in Tokyo Ghoul (ex:
), give the characters slow but believable attitudes, albeit slower, but that's the point of the show, man.

We just need to accept Grimgar is that kind of show.
trabletoonMar 6, 2016 10:56 AM
Mar 6, 2016 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
I really liked the episode. The feels tho ;-;
Merry is such a strong person.

And we are at it again, the boobs talk.

Can't wait for the anime to end, I want to read the LN now.
XenocrisiMar 6, 2016 11:14 AM
Mar 6, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
Mary x Haru all the way!

As for the Cyrene Mines there's a speculation I read

Note: I haven't read the LN so this is all speculation
Mar 6, 2016 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
Mary looked Mature in this episode... Getting used to OST music in between and Haruhiro's Sensei sure is something
Mar 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2015
It's sad that this anime only started picking up the pace after this episode. Really they could have probably adapted 3 or 4 of the light novels but instead chose slow pacing and it may not even get through all of the 2nd book.
Mar 6, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
Barbara's return was the best part of the episode. Dat middle credits card with her in it.
Mar 6, 2016 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
Haru and Mary seem to be getting along nicely the question is will it develop further.
It also seems the trainer was on to something but Haru didn't want to talk about it.

Seems the party they killed of where big shots if they managed to anger the other Goblins.
Mar 6, 2016 11:14 AM

Jan 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
It's sad that this anime only started picking up the pace after this episode. Really they could have probably adapted 3 or 4 of the light novels but instead chose slow pacing and it may not even get through all of the 2nd book.

Is this a bad thing? Just think about all the rushed LNs adaptations.
Mar 6, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
trabletoon said:
I really cant help but think why people still thinking as if this is an action anime after 9/12 episodes up.

You're quite presumptuous considering I've never assumed this would be an action anime.
For you to watch grimgar until this point you must have already know that grimgar chose to favor SOL, drama and character development (via lifestyle not action) from the last 8 episodes, wouldnt you change your perspective of view and seek the details what the characters' "character" have?

What details? None of them have any distinctive quality or any personality trait (with the exception of Rante maybe) that would make me change my perspective of the show.
Mar 6, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
Day off, way better than having filthy orcs.
Insert song on point <3

Thief sensei with her tough love.

I think Mary was the one who brought up the mines in the novels :( either way it was well executed.
Haruhiro is a leg man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 6, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
Anyone reading the novel could spoil me if there will be any romance ?
Mar 6, 2016 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
It was such a good relaxing episode.

Haruhiro and Mary are getting along very well!
Mar 6, 2016 11:50 AM

Sep 2014
Aaah, I remember when I used to look forward to insert songs. Now? well ...

Anyways, decent "build up" episode I suppose. Nothing that interesting aside from Mary x Haru teasing from the show.

New enemies next week, I wonder how they'll handle themselves.
Mar 6, 2016 11:52 AM

Jun 2013
So for most of this episode, nothing happened at all. They just spent time doing whatever, spending their day off. But this didn't come off as boring. Felt kinda nice. Much needed rest after they finally avenged the death of Manato.

The goblin party they killed were from the next city and they're comrade gobs have created quite a stir there. But that's none of these kids' business – they've got nothing to do with Damuro so who cares what the goblins are doing there.

And now killing goblins day after day is getting a bit boring so they're going to enter the Cyrene Mines. And that mine happens to be the place where Mary lost her party members. And it is gonna be tough for her to enter that place given the not so pleasant memories attached to that place. But she'll try to overcome that hurdle.

Lol learning new skills is quite a tough job for Haruhiro. That training session was amusing.

Judging by the name of the next episode, it's sure doesn't look like this party will emerge unscathed from this mine.
Mar 6, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
That training lol

Also Mary is so adorable

Hi there
Mar 6, 2016 12:05 PM

Nov 2015
I don't know why I was expecting a hug between Hary and Mary after they leave the tabern, got fanservice with barbara but nothing in this scene =_=
Mar 6, 2016 12:26 PM

Aug 2013
That scenery porn <3 Pacing is fuckin perfect!
Even Mary became a very likable character :)
AvidAnimeViewer said:

It's sad that most of you people have a adhd and you can't enjoy this show. Most of anime og this type are full of action and other bullshit, so go watch them and leave this one for people like me and other, searching for something more.
rsc-plMar 6, 2016 12:51 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

463 by T-h-u-n-d-e-r »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.