Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2016 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was rough. Chika taking the shot definitely surprised some people.

I think the snowy battle environment really has a diverse effect on the ranked war. Even Yuma seems to struggle a bit. Nice battles though as I thought there were a fair amount of tense moments. I like how some players are using the battle field to their own advantage. Clever clever.

Oh damn that cliffhanger with Yuma's fight. Exciting. Loved this episode, probably my favorite one so far recently from this series.
Stark700Mar 5, 2016 2:38 PM
Mar 5, 2016 2:54 PM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character thinking how useless he is in spite a lot of people teaching him.

Perfect chance for the shooter girl, but she's afraid. She still took the initiative, though missed. At least what neighbor guy said (or more like wished) about "making people think she's afraid of shooting, but she can actually shoot" two eps. ago helped her with the initiative.

She wants to run, but cannot because the enemy is near. It seems like Sugita-san's character saved her as he got the enemy that she wants to run from.

Attackers gathering to randomly choose the opponents (but actually their target is only one, which is neighbor guy).

The little shooter already damaged too much, and didn't run, so he's out.

The attack from faraway affected the attacker area. Back to Sugita-san's character vs. neighbor guy, though he lost his left arm.

Chibi explanation with neighbor guy and KajiKaji's character about Sugita-san's character's team. lol @ his attack even applied here because of what neighbor guy said.

About KajiKaji's character after the rank battle ends next... does that mean?
tsubasaloverMar 5, 2016 3:18 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 5, 2016 4:44 PM

Jul 2008
That was some crazy old school dbz recapping they pulled. 5 mins of crap x-x.
Anyway clearly a set up episode even though it had a lot of action. The board is clean of ''second tier'' nuisances. The stars are claiming the stage.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Mar 5, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
The battle in this episode was so good. There were a lot of actions.

Good to see Chika was able to bail out!
Mar 5, 2016 5:55 PM

Jun 2014
Probably the most exciting episode from this series in a long time. I haven't been caring too much about most of the episodes as of late, but this one was pretty good with all of the craziness and action going on. Looks like the only ones remaining are the stars of each squad. Should be an epic finale for this match.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 5, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 2012
Punkbeetle said:

I thought it moreso resembled One Piece in that regard honestly. Couldn't believe the episode was already over until I remembered the first 5 minutes were recap. -_-

That final scuffle with the 3 bail outs was awesome at least.
Mar 5, 2016 7:20 PM
Aug 2014
That dude is a camper.
Mar 5, 2016 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
Punkbeetle said:
Anyway clearly a set up episode even though it had a lot of action. The board is clean of ''second tier'' nuisances. The stars are claiming the stage.

Honestly everyone expect for Mikumo, Chika and Zoe are awesome in combat, there has to be more to Ema then meets the eye plus the suqadmates of Ninomiya and Azama squad are highly skilled

In my own opinion and I never thought I'd say this, but well played Toei, that attacker melee was absolute awesome, plus how they melted all the different teams tactics perfectly into this episode was brilliant, well played indeed
Mar 6, 2016 12:21 AM
Feb 2009
Nice episode, but...

I still don't get it why they want Chika to bail out each time she shot...

I mean, sure, this way the other team does not get one point, but volonturaly bailing out and letting Kuga alone against 10 ennemy is not worth it.

Honestly, after the first shot miss, why did she not shot at least an other shot instead of running away ? All the team were outside, with the power of this shot, I'm sure she could have taken down (or hurt) at least some of them before they get close.

There is no reason at all for Chika to bail out so quickly : Even if she is "killed" in the fight, she does not get hurt in real life and they don't even feel pain in their Trion body...

Finally, after all this talk about "I don't want Kuga to do all the work for us and I want to contribute", seems Kuga still needs to do all the work...

The episode was nice but I really wanted to see Chika trying to fight. I really don't see how they can reach Rank-A in the current situation.
Mar 6, 2016 12:23 AM
Dec 2014
Thought the episode was great,interesting point was the reveal that Kageura's weapon is a scorpion that has whip like qualities had some nice battles in their too.
Mar 6, 2016 12:44 AM
Jul 2014
Rukodaime said:
Nice episode, but...

I still don't get it why they want Chika to bail out each time she shot...

I mean, sure, this way the other team does not get one point, but volonturaly bailing out and letting Kuga alone against 10 ennemy is not worth it.

Honestly, after the first shot miss, why did she not shot at least an other shot instead of running away ? All the team were outside, with the power of this shot, I'm sure she could have taken down (or hurt) at least some of them before they get close.

There is no reason at all for Chika to bail out so quickly : Even if she is "killed" in the fight, she does not get hurt in real life and they don't even feel pain in their Trion body...

Finally, after all this talk about "I don't want Kuga to do all the work for us and I want to contribute", seems Kuga still needs to do all the work...

The episode was nice but I really wanted to see Chika trying to fight. I really don't see how they can reach Rank-A in the current situation.

They don't want to give up any points, and once her position is discovered it's very hard for her to get away. And considering how long it took for her to get up the nerve to take that one shot, she simply didn't have time to take a second one. And she doesn't like shooting people -- bad enough when they were inside, but if she can actually see them? Not going to happen.

A sniper is not much good at close combat. Their power lies in staying at range and in an unknown location.

(Don't get me wrong, though -- I'd love to see Osamu and Chika carrying more of the fighting. But TBH I expect that the decision hinted at in the preview is that Osamu is going to stand down from the team, or possibly dissolve it entirely. At the very least, resign from the rank wars.)
MiralityMar 6, 2016 12:48 AM
Mar 6, 2016 2:08 AM

Oct 2012
4 mins of nothing, is this a new one piece or what.
Liked how Ema protected Chika and Yuma was always awesome.
Mar 6, 2016 2:20 AM

May 2012
Great episode!!!! That melee is awesome! Go go go Kuga!!!
Mar 6, 2016 3:20 AM

Jan 2014
Ugh.. i hate those useless recap sessions. This episode felt particularly short :/
Chika bailed out, and now only one armed Kuga is left.. it'll be interesting to see for how long he can manage to survive and possibly score.
Mar 6, 2016 3:24 AM
Sep 2015
Sniped through wall, and now sniped meteora.
Azuma in this episode
http://i.imgur.com/7kg1oiH.jpg
Mar 6, 2016 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
Having chika voluntarily bail out was smart..
Mar 6, 2016 3:33 AM

Sep 2015
At least he scored 1 point, but it's going to be difficult for him to survive against Kageura, Ninomiya and Azuma
Mar 6, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2011
ibraheem234 said:
Having chika voluntarily bail out was smart..

Yep. Better than giving a free point to the opponents.
Mar 6, 2016 4:33 AM
Feb 2016
Whoa, I can't believe Chika shot.

But I was more surprised how Azuma can shoot.
Lightning bullets were amazing too!
Mar 6, 2016 6:41 AM
Feb 2016
This is The best fighting episode in World Trigger! :D. But, the Anime TV Show will end in april :(
Mar 6, 2016 7:09 AM

Aug 2010
The hype was real this ep. Damn! The way all attackers were facing off was awesome. It was kinda hard watching Kuga getting targeted by them all ^^; But he managed.

I just don't like how Osamu ordered Chika to bail out right away. I mean at least try D:
Well she did but more than that
Mar 6, 2016 11:02 AM
Mar 2013
Nice episode. Refreshing to see Tamakoma in a pinch, as it were. Kind of curious to see if Yuma will be able to win.
Mar 6, 2016 1:18 PM
Feb 2009
Mirality said:

A sniper is not much good at close combat. Their power lies in staying at range and in an unknown location.

Indeed. Expecially, since in this manga/anime, it seems that everyone is able to block a shot of a snipper even though they did not even know about this position one second before (which in a way make no sense, except making attacker much better than every other classes).

But, when it comes to Chika, I really don't think their shield will be able to block her shot. It's not like attacker are able to run 100 meters in less than 3 seconds. I think she had least the time to shot 2-3 times.

Also, when she realized she could not bail out, she could have try to do something.

Now, I realize that because of this personality, it was maybe not possible, but still...

(Don't get me wrong, though -- I'd love to see Osamu and Chika carrying more of the fighting.

Honestly, Osamu did pretty much what he could :) This is one of the good point of this serie : There is no significant power-up and weak character stay weak (even if they progress).

The only problem right now is the way they handle Chika : With the amount of Trion she got, she could also be a gunner/shooter. I mean, we all saw what Osamu could do with her Trion. Imagine what she could achieve with it. She could be a real asset on the team, not a liability...

And this way, maybe they could actually reach the A-Rank.
Mar 6, 2016 3:40 PM

Jun 2013
yes we're back to the good action
Mar 6, 2016 8:30 PM

Oct 2011
OMG dat battle royal OMG!!!!

Is Hyuse going to win the bet????

Is this really ending in April?
Mar 7, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2013
Episode 69: A Battle Royal

Short but awesome episode. This episode shows Amatori's canon is dodgeable. I like how they animated the scene where Inukai's chasing Chika. Kage hates Inukai xD. Poor Okudera got mutilated. I can see the "meeting" on the preview! [Unconfirmed] Only three episodes remaining... Looks like the anime will end around chapter 120. I expect that the ending would be something like episode 48.

Mar 8, 2016 12:19 AM
Aug 2015
Finally we're able to see Yuma in a real action again :D (after his battle against Kou).. Great episode, hope they won't ruined the next episode with that horrible recaps again :|
Mar 9, 2016 5:47 AM
Feb 2009
I don't think there is an actual confirmation that the anime will end in 3 episodes, yet.
Mar 9, 2016 11:08 AM

Nov 2013
Mirality said:
(Don't get me wrong, though -- I'd love to see Osamu and Chika carrying more of the fighting. But TBH I expect that the decision hinted at in the preview is that Osamu is going to stand down from the team, or possibly dissolve it entirely. At the very least, resign from the rank wars.)
That just throws everything out the window...

Rukodaime said:
The only problem right now is the way they handle Chika : With the amount of Trion she got, she could also be a gunner/shooter. I mean, we all saw what Osamu could do with her Trion. Imagine what she could achieve with it. She could be a real asset on the team, not a liability...

Imagine what she could do with sniper rifles with her Trion? Oh wait...

The problem isn't her position, at her skill level she will fail miserably as a shooter, while she's perfectly well suited as a sniper. The problem is in her willingness to shoot people.
Plus she's a newbie, she's been in Border using Triggers for what, two months now? Even Mikumo has at least 6 months under his belt and he doesn't have Chika's problem.
Mar 10, 2016 12:13 AM
Jul 2015
I thought I seem to remember that she also has like a recharge time or something...like her shots are slower than the other types of shot, they just pack more power...so even if she did try a second time, she could possibly be setting herself up to be open.

Rukodaime said:
Mirality said:

Indeed. Expecially, since in this manga/anime, it seems that everyone is able to block a shot of a snipper even though they did not even know about this position one second before (which in a way make no sense, except making attacker much better than every other classes).

But, when it comes to Chika, I really don't think their shield will be able to block her shot. It's not like attacker are able to run 100 meters in less than 3 seconds. I think she had least the time to shot 2-3 times.

Also, when she realized she could not bail out, she could have try to do something.

Now, I realize that because of this personality, it was maybe not possible, but still...

(Don't get me wrong, though -- I'd love to see Osamu and Chika carrying more of the fighting.

Honestly, Osamu did pretty much what he could :) This is one of the good point of this serie : There is no significant power-up and weak character stay weak (even if they progress).

Mar 10, 2016 2:29 PM
Feb 2009

I'm just saying that, in world trigger at least, a sniper should not be "defenseless" each time their position is spotted. They can change of weapon in a second, so, why not go from sniper to shooter/gunner instead of "running away" ?

The problem is in her willingness to shoot people.

Which does not make a lot of sense when people can not die and do not feel pain in their Trion body :(
Mar 11, 2016 12:30 AM

Nov 2013
Rukodaime said:

I'm just saying that, in world trigger at least, a sniper should not be "defenseless" each time their position is spotted. They can change of weapon in a second, so, why not go from sniper to shooter/gunner instead of "running away" ?
You do realize that 3 attackers, one gunner, and a sniper were going after her right after she shot right?

Osamu doesn't know that Ema would help Chika either, from his perspective there are two enemy snipers on the map (that could be or could not be close), as soon as Chika is visible she will be targeted by both, that's why she is told to bail out even though Yuma was still standing.

Basically it doesn't matter if she had other weapons, she was still going to go down anyway. She still hasn't experimented with different Triggers, but when she does I hope she tries using mobility Triggers like Grasshopper and Teleport, maybe even Chameleon because why not.

Rukodaime said:
The problem is in her willingness to shoot people.

Which does not make a lot of sense when people can not die and do not feel pain in their Trion body :(
Without spoiling too much this should be addressed soon.
Mar 11, 2016 3:50 AM

Mar 2013
Botato said:

Basically it doesn't matter if she had other weapons, she was still going to go down anyway. She still hasn't experimented with different Triggers, but when she does I hope she tries using mobility Triggers like Grasshopper and Teleport, maybe even Chameleon because why not.

She would never need to use Chameleon, with her output her shield can pretty much protect her from anything and she can use power shots from behind it
Mar 11, 2016 6:45 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder how Kuga will win this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
Yuzuru managed to bailed out with Ninomiya after him? talk about a stretch.

Chika shoots, surprised they didn't do a flashback to enhance it.
Kuga gets another point.
Mar 14, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2013
ichii_1 said:
Yuzuru managed to bailed out with Ninomiya after him? talk about a stretch.
Uhh wut... It's exactly because Ninomiya is after him that he bailed out; Ema can't take him one-on-one from that range especially since he's a sniper, so he just stood there and took a hound to the face.
Mar 15, 2016 8:42 AM

Sep 2013
Botato said:
Uhh wut... It's exactly because Ninomiya is after him that he bailed out; Ema can't take him one-on-one from that range especially since he's a sniper, so he just stood there and took a hound to the face.

They made it sound like he voluntarily bailed out to not lose points, that's why I was confused.
Jun 10, 2016 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
damn yuma really took a beating this episode and only got 1 scored point, it looks like tamokoma definitely lost this one even if yuma wins the sword fight.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 7, 2016 10:58 PM

Dec 2012
Look at the MC handling business by himself.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 27, 2016 10:47 AM
Feb 2015
good thing you understand that you are a useless piece of shit Chika
Aug 29, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, three almost simultaneous bail-outs huh? Cool!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 7, 2020 2:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that scene of the simultaneous bail-outs was gripping.

Definitely one of the most entertaining episodes of the show, in my opinion.

Pretty clear that Tamakoma-2 is going to end up last place here though despite Yuga’s bravado so I’m curious to see what’ll be in store for us for the final three episodes.

Jin-san, why’d you go for the risky bet? Heh, I’m sure it’s some grand scheme that we’ll be seeing referenced to in like 20 episodes down the line lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 24, 2020 10:58 PM
Oct 2019
This battle is way, way more interesting than the previous one with the bridge in the storm.

Also, about time Chika finally shit at someone. Idk if that's going to be just a one-time deal, or if she intentionally missed, or what though. Her reaction ("I waited too long") made it sound like she is now ok with shooting at people though.

4 eyes has clearly improved in his actual fighting technique, but he's still not very good overall. I also have to question his decision to stick around in that hallway when 4 enemy combatants were in there with him. He had a chance to escape and find Kuga, but instead tried to take on 4 guys when ALL of the A Rank shooters told him that kills aren't a shooters specialty. I get wanting to try to pick one of them off and get your first kill, but do that when it's 1v1v1, not 1v2v2, dumbass.
HagePotPotatoSep 24, 2020 11:18 PM
Nov 4, 2020 7:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Intense fight once again, now the most intense part is probably for the next episode with Kuga's fight
Dec 4, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
Dope episode. This kind of battle royal is pretty exciting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 12, 2022 2:53 PM

Mar 2019
Great follow-up, Kuga got a point so they still have a chance, but Kuga will for sure carry them this time since both are dead. I'm still kind of happy Chika managed to shoot, even if she lost the chance to score.

Azuma is so good as well.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.