Forum Settings
Forums

The anime community's obsession with elitists/hipsters

New
Mar 4, 2016 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
Lately, a very specific kind of users have been frequenting anime discussion on a regular basis. It's not like they didn't exist before – in fact, they've been around en masse as far as I can remember – but the last two-three months, their presence has become so overwhelming that I simply can't ignore them anymore.

These people, whom I've come to call "elitist hunters", mostly voice their opinion on these mythical hipster snowflakes in threads about popular anime, the very controversial genres ecchi and moe or "haters" in the anime community. Once in a while, they choose to create a thread where they ask rhetorical questions (I call them rhetorical questions because they always reply to their own question later on or even in the OP itself and mostly seem to want other people to confirm their beliefs) such as
Why do some people hate on popular anime? Is it just because their jelos they're favorite anime isn't more popular??? Like, I'm not saying all people who hate on popular anime do it because of that reason, but A LOT OF THEM do
or
Why do elitists like to ruin other people's enjoyment???

My question is (and this is an actual question), why do so many anime fans seem to be so obsessed with elitists, the thought of them existing en masse and people only hating for the sake of hating popular things? There are so many of these elitist hunters who complain about hipsters on a daily basis and yet the amount of actual elitists that I've encountered on my anime journey seems to be so much lower than the haters themselves. When was the last time you encountered a Fast & Furious fan accusing haters of just being "jealous" and "try hard hipsters who're just hating F&F because it's popular"? Probably never. In fact, the only fanbases where I've encountered this kind of mindset more than once or twice in a blue moon are the Twilight fanbase and Justin Bieber + boyband fanbases – a.k.a. fanbases which largely consist of teenage girls.

The anime community has a much broader fan spectrum. This is something that has been proven many times before.

Why is this type of teenage fangirl reasoning so recurrent in the anime community?

Discuss
Comic_SansMar 4, 2016 8:13 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2016 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
everything is changed when TAS and their army started floading the comunity and call everyone that their taste is not acceptable for them has shit taste and there is is such thing as supperior taste.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 4, 2016 8:14 AM
Jan 2016
Cant wait to see all the comments let me make some popcorn
Mar 4, 2016 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Because there are way more new fans entering the fanbase compared to the past. Meaning, we have people who have only watched a few anime and instantly 10/10 the said anime such as SAO, Erased, OPM and all that shit.

Once they see long time watchers start hating on the said series, they start to label these people as "elitists" and think that they are some endangered species being overrun by haters.

Elitists are fucking cancerous as well. Especially the moe haters.
Mar 4, 2016 8:18 AM

Nov 2014
hoopla123 said:
Because there are way more new fans entering the fanbase compared to the past. Meaning, we have people who have only watched a few anime and instantly 10/10 the said anime such as SAO, Erased, OPM and all that shit.

Once they see long time watchers start hating on the said series, they start to label these people as "elitists" and think that they are some endangered species being overrun by haters.

SPREAD THE WORD OF TRUTH. HOOPLA123 FOR ADMIN 2016 #makemalgreatagain
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Mar 4, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
Phosef_Phostar said:
hoopla123 said:

SPREAD THE WORD OF TRUTH. HOOPLA123 FOR ADMIN 2016 #makemalgreatagain

If I became mod, the entire MAL layout would be full of Iroha/Utaha/Chelsea pics.

Instant perma ban all the Yukinofags and force everyone to have completed the holy volume of Iroha sama, the great volume 10.5.

MAL would become the closest thing to 2D heaven as opposed to the cesspool it is now.
Mar 4, 2016 8:23 AM

Oct 2014
The simple answer to your question is that people seek validation. People want to feel validated and accepted, not criticized or put down. "Elitists" (as I will very cautiously use here) also seek validation.

The root of the problem lies with the aversion to discourse. If people were actually open to true discussion, could take criticism and bounce ideas back and forth between each other, while placing respect where it is due, threads wouldn't just degrade into circlejerking drivel.

"Elitists" are fine. Those who want to openly spark some discourse based on a logical basis are more than welcome to toss their opinions in. It's pseudo intellectuals which I despise.
Mar 4, 2016 8:23 AM

Sep 2015
You don't see the elitists because it's all part of their plan. The reality is that they're hiding in every nook and cranny, just waiting to jump out at every poor casual Jimmy. They're oozing out the windows and walls, permeating every breath of air you take.

Don't let the elitists get you. They're everywhere!

Honest.
Or so all these idiots would have you believe.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 4, 2016 8:24 AM

Aug 2015
Beats me. I'm just an elite casual.

I don't think the community is obsessed with the elitists. They're more or less hated everywhere. I think people are just trying to show off how "unique" their taste is.

Edit : The reason that the elitist hunters exists is because elitists often keep themselves open and let themselves be targeted. If you talk shit about someone's taste , it's natural that they'll just hate you back.

hoopla123 said:

+9000 . Couldn't agree more.

And @ all the troll comments , stop derailing a good thread.
Z-DanteMar 4, 2016 8:31 AM
Mar 4, 2016 8:25 AM

Dec 2015
Inplying you are not one of them anymore, you know how teenagers are. They tend to be the most passionate fans of all, sometimes even suffocating the subject of their fandom in the process. I'd stop caring if I were you. They'll eventually grow out of it.
Mar 4, 2016 8:25 AM

Sep 2015
So you're expecting that people start viewing anime objectively, let the fanboyism aside and stop calling people elitist just because they have a different taste. Yeah...not gonna happen anytime soon.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 4, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
hoopla123 said:

Every haters are "elitists" in my opinion. Not only applied to long time watchers, its also applied to newcomers. XD
EsperMar 4, 2016 8:37 AM
This salad is salty favored
Mar 4, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
Mint said:

"Elitists" are fine.
Elitists are not fine, over the past months everyone and their mother have been calling someone an elitist, so nowadays "elitist" seems like a tame accusation.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 4, 2016 8:31 AM
Jan 2016
Being this my first post (hi everyone!) I may sound like one of those "elitists" but I think this happens simply because there are a lot of kids. It looks to me that the average age on the anime/manga communities is much lower than in other communities like cinema, books...

The only other community where I've seen behaviours like the ones you mention on your post is the gaming community and I think is because there are a lot of kids too.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to disrespect anybody nor I am saying that all kids behave like that. In fact I think It is cool that people from different ages, countries or cultures can enjoy the same hobby together, but things like this are bound to happen sometimes
Mar 4, 2016 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
It's because we're all teenage fangirls at heart.

I've given my thought on this matter one too many times to feel the need to regurgitate the same old idea - you know, kicking a dead horse.

I wonder what @Pullman would say about all this.
HolybaptiserMar 4, 2016 8:38 AM
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 4, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2013
People first have to know the meaning of the word elitist before using it so lightly. An elitist is someone who believes that he/she is superior to others because of his/her superior taste. It doesn't have nothing to do with like animes like LOTGH or Ping-Pong or with hate popular animes (one person can hate a popular anime like SAO, but like another popular work like AoT).

Also, elitism is NOT always related to like series like LOTGH, there can be elitistism related to who has a better way to watch anime (happened in 4chan) or even elitists who likes SAO (picking a random anime) and think they are superior to other people because they like it.

Remember kids, elitism is not related to tastes, but to behavior. Just happens that some elitist likes some kind of animes, who is the reason why the word is related to the series mentioned above.
Mar 4, 2016 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
I have yet to see a fan of the shows typically labeled as "elitist" (That's not what elitist means btw) go out of their way to piss on others' taste due to it not being "intellectual" enough. I have however, seen way too much of the opposite, MAL treats elitism as some boogie man that only likes slow paced and "boring" shows, but in reality, most people are just insecure about their taste.

We seek identity. Fans will gravitate towards other fans who share their taste and automatically form preconceptions of those who don't, it's the same kind of dynamic exploited in sports marketing and US elections. I've had multiple people add me as friends simply because I have Kill la Kill as my favorite anime, there's nothing wrong with this, but it shows that there is some sort of group psychology at play. And I'm willing to bet you've attracted a lot of Tokyo Ghoul haters, just like digibro attracts SAO haters and Trump attracts... well, you know. Having a large group of people agreeing with you validates your opinion, and there are a hell of a lot more "mainstream" fans than people with tex in their favorites.
Mar 4, 2016 8:41 AM

Feb 2016
an anime fan , no matter how old he is will always be " an old kido who watch chinese cartoon " which means its very normal to have that kind of argument here on mal , imean joke aside why would any grown up define himself elitist ? I mean lol what does that even mean for him in real life ? NOTHING , its just a chinese cartoon saying you have the best test in it or attacking other people test , means shit , change shit , matter shit
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Mar 4, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2015
Can u call me a elitist Comic Sans? Pls say no.. Lol

But i think i even know the users ur talking bout. Im pretty sure he/she will aware of it too once he/she sees this. XD
Mar 4, 2016 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
What MAL has taught me:

- If you like anime from the 80s and 90s, you're an elitist.
- If you dislike any of the Top 100 anime, you're a hipster.
Mar 4, 2016 8:48 AM

Feb 2015
THIS IS A CONSPIRACY Y'KNOW.
C...O...N...S...P...I...R...A...C...Y
Mar 4, 2016 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Tevens said:
THIS IS A CONSPIRACY Y'KNOW.
C...O...N...S...P...I...R...A...C...Y
May the Father of understanding guide us.

Everyone should go watch Noir. It is actually a cryptic allegory explaining the birth and growth of elitism in anime. Warning: you will probably only get it if you're an elitist.
Mar 4, 2016 8:51 AM

Jul 2013
How ironic of you to make a thread concerning obsessive hate when you were so passionately hating Tokyo Ghoul before.
Mar 4, 2016 8:57 AM

Nov 2015
You see, not everyone can match the supreme intellect of Comic_Sans-sama. Some people look at elitists and say 'Oh man, I wish I could be as cool as them!!' but then deep inside they are fully aware that they can never become like them because they aren't smart enough..

This is why those filthy plebians form packs to hunt down the pompous, highbrow & elegant creatures known as the elitists..
Now the state of elitism is in shambles, their reputation soiled & without a place to feed their ego, they are now forced into hiding, which allows even more anti-elitist sentiments to breed and that, my friends, was the fall of elitism..
Mar 4, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2015
Why?
Because everybody have their OWN EGO
Newcomers have their own ego, elitists/hipsters also have their own. So.. HOW BIG IS YOUR EGO?
Tenshi_Shura said:
How ironic of you to make a thread concerning obsessive hate when you were so passionately hating Tokyo Ghoul before.
LoL this one. XD
Mar 4, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
It's only natural to hate on terrible shows. ( ← This is a bait ⚠)

The only difference between casual anime fans and elitists is that elitists finishes a show no matter how bad it is. And the casuals drop it just after 1 episode cause they got superior sense to select what is worth watching.
Z-DanteMar 4, 2016 9:05 AM
Mar 4, 2016 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
Z-Dante said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
It's only natural to hate on terrible shows.

The only difference between anime fans and elitists is that elitists finishes a show no matter how bad it is. And the casuals drop it just after 1 episode cause they got superior sense to select what is worth watching.

I assume you weren't present or active here in MAL during her glory days?
Mar 4, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
Except that I was being 100 % honest all the time and wasn't trying to hide or deny the fact that I am a hateful piece of shit

The people I am talking about however are

They accuse elitists of hating for the sake of hating on popular things without realizing that they're doing the exact same thing themselves
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2016 9:04 AM

Jun 2012
Z-Dante said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
It's only natural to hate on terrible shows.

The only difference between anime fans and elitists is that elitists finishes a show no matter how bad it is. And the casuals drop it just after 1 episode cause they got superior sense to select what is worth watching.
If it's so very natural for you to hate on things, especially something as superficial as a subpar anime that does nothing but annoy you, then you have a very immature and pushy mentality because you feel like annoyance warrants hate and condemnation. It's a lot easier for a person in both an emotional investment and an investment of their time to ignore and forget something than to hate something. Having to hate something as superfluous as a work of fiction that offers nothing but entertainment to prove a point, whether it be that the show is bad or your own distaste for it, just means you have way too much time on your hands and you feel like you need to piss all over the enjoyment of others by trying to prove your own superiority. So no, it's not fucking natural, actually, it's the exact opposite - it's obsessive and imbecilic.

And your definition of elitism is so fucking fundamentally flawed that I feel like it's beneath me to address it.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 4, 2016 9:10 AM

Aug 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
Z-Dante said:
It's only natural to hate on terrible shows
. ( ← This is a bait ⚠)

I assume you weren't present or active here in MAL during her glory days?
I might not be very active back in the days , but trust me , I was here. I was more like a silent audience and lol'd at reading every page of MAL.

And every regular users here knows about comic_sans TG and Kaneki love. EVERYONE !
Mar 4, 2016 9:11 AM

May 2014
Comic_Sans said:

My question is (and this is an actual question), why do so many anime fans seem to be so obsessed with elitists, the thought of them existing en masse and people only hating for the sake of hating popular things?

Seems like a bit of a defense mechanism for the ones that are truly obsessed, no? Some folks can't take criticism or don't really know how to handle or shrug off any kind of conflict in opinions, especially when it feels like they're outnumbered or personally targeted.
If they genuinely think the anime is the greatest thing since sliced bread it's probably easier to write off the hate with something simple and shallow like "they're elitists, they hate this just cause it's popular" instead of actually criticizing the anime for themselves (or flat-out accepting that there are other valid opinions outside their own?) Who knows, honestly. Maybe some of them just get off on hating a highly stereotypical and generalized group when they feel personally insulted. Easy way to redirect anger, after all. (See also: most mentions of straight white boys or feminists)

Definitely reminds me of my time on Tumblr though, with that whole somebody-offended-me-personally-so-i'll-make-it-my-life's-mission-to-talk-shit-about-them-in-an-exaggerated-and-generalized-fashion-wait-I-mean-I'll-try-bring-them-to-JUSTICE-while-educating-people-on-how-they're-ruining-this-community-so-we-can-start-the-witchhunt-and-I-can-get-back-to-my-bubble feel their posts usually have.

I probably sound super biased, idk. I swear most of the people complaining have no idea what actual elitists are like, or mistake shitposting for actual serious opinions. :/
Mar 4, 2016 9:11 AM
Feb 2014
but i hate elitists and hipsters IRL

they are annoying
Mar 4, 2016 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
I really would love to see what this forum would be like, if no one ever said anything negative about any work of fiction.

Just a full-on constant circlejerk of positive thinking and pollyannaism. It would be glorious.
Mar 4, 2016 9:13 AM

Aug 2015
Wensbane said:
I really would love to see what this forum would be like, if no one ever said anything negative about any work of fiction.

Just a full-on constant circlejerk of positive thinking and pollyannaism. It would be glorious.

It would be shit. Just like r/TrueAnime
Z-DanteMar 4, 2016 9:20 AM
Mar 4, 2016 9:18 AM
Feb 2014
Z-Dante said:
Wensbane said:

It would be shit. Just like r/trueanime

that actually exists?

well at least they're not shitting on each other the same way others would
Mar 4, 2016 9:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Lmao, this thread is talking about me...

Lol the problem is haters are the loudest even though they're usually the minority, thing is, most people don't speak out against them

How often do you see a youtube video w 95% thumbs up, yet 90% hateful comments... it's like.... WHERE ARE THE FANS?

it's as if people are too afraid to defend things they love even though they are probably the majority anyway

Plus a lot of haters are just trying to sound cool and are secretly into the things they bash, it's absurd

Notice how few of us on here defend ecchi for example. It's constantly bashed. Yet clearly the vast majority actually like or love it

Again, my philosophy is "if you don't like it, it wasn't put there for u"
EcchiGodMamsterMar 4, 2016 9:25 AM
Mar 4, 2016 9:20 AM

Sep 2010
since they have inferiority complex and feel insecure about their own taste they have to use the "elitist" buzzword to validate their opinion, as a way to say "my taste is normal and i don't care but the elitist keep bullying me, saying i have shit taste and should commit sudoku".

the elitist /hipsters that "casuals" love to target prefer 80's and 90's anime, because some were the animes they grew up with and they affect them in a personal level, be it story, the characthers, the music, the setting, that's why we prefer older anime, when there was a much broader variety of stories. and i'm not saying there isn't now, but many new anime from 2000 onward have very similar settings, characters and stories, especially VN/LN adaptations. it's like you eat rice the whole year, but with a different main dish. eventally you start to dislike eating rice, because you get the same thing over and over again, despite having different types of meat, vegetables or fish in your plate.

there are anime that are also good to watch even though they were made in this milleniumm and that doesn't stop the "elitist" frrom watching it.

in the end we all got to remember that elitist is a mindset that exist in all forms of entertainment, be it music, movie, books, tv series or theatre. not everything can appeal to every to everyone taste, and some peoples prefer a certain era of entertainment because they feel that what came after or before is weaker then what they prefer.

ts;dr: mind your own business, no need for a "elitist hunt", because that won't change your bad taste in anime

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Mar 4, 2016 9:25 AM

Oct 2014
It's the anime mafia dude. JK

I'm part of the Anime Uber-Elitist club but what most fail to understand is that it's just a joke and when people bash others tastes, it's just bait. Have you heard of the PC Master Race? No one there is truly a console hater, we just joke around and if people can't take criticism and get all butthurt then it's their fault, not ours. Modern society is just a bunch of pussies who hide behind their monitors and think that they can have their "safe space" on the internet, guess what, you just as exposed on the internet as you are in real life, maybe even more so if you can't take criticism, you're free to leave.
GluzinMar 4, 2016 9:29 AM
Mar 4, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
Except that I was being 100 % honest all the time and wasn't trying to hide or deny the fact that I am a hateful piece of shit

Those guys have as much of a right to be hateful pieces of shit as you do.
Just wanted to point that out..
Mar 4, 2016 9:29 AM

Mar 2010
They want to securely feel like they're better than someone or a group of people for the most part, which is understandable.
Mar 4, 2016 9:37 AM

May 2015
People are obsessed with 'elitists' because many people are insecure about their opinions. They can't explain them very well and they don't know much about logic.

So when someone who comes off as 'intellectual' arrives (Sometimes legitimately, sometimes not) it's easier to just write them off as 'elitist'.

Remember - You don't have to develop deep thinking if you're always sure you're right, and dismiss everyone who disagrees with you with ad hominem?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 4, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2011
Implying the constant bash for X anime is not a teenager reasoning
Mar 4, 2016 9:42 AM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
People are obsessed with 'elitists' because many people are insecure about their opinions. They can't explain them very well and they don't know much about logic.

So when someone who comes off as 'intellectual' arrives (Sometimes legitimately, sometimes not) it's easier to just write them off as 'elitist'.

Remember - You don't have to develop deep thinking if you're always sure you're right, and dismiss everyone who disagrees with you with ad hominem?

No.

Most of the time people act "obsessed" is because they are mocked beforehand, are reminded that they are shitty human beings for liking certain anime, and are even being called names without warning from these people.

This fits what an elitist entails, a person with a high superiority complex. Taste in anime and intellect are irrelevant when it comes to personifying an elitist. It's simply someone who feels elite to others, and simply will not debate without resorting to dismissal of alternative opinions. They include both trolls and people who take trolling limits higher than they should be.
Mar 4, 2016 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
GesuYarou said:
Comic_Sans said:

Of course they do, I am an advocate of democracy and freedom of speech so I wouldn't try to take away their right to voice their opinion on elitists (*cough cough* unlike certain anti piracy moralists *cough cough)

I'm just pointing out the fact that they're making a lot of noise over a very tiny group of people and are doing the exact same thing as the elitists (a.k.a. "hating because it's cool to do so")
Comic_SansMar 4, 2016 9:49 AM
Nico- said:
Mar 4, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2015
To make it short, this is a treat where elitist felt butt-hurt.. End of the story. XD
EsperMar 4, 2016 9:54 AM
Mar 4, 2016 9:50 AM

Aug 2015
I may not be the most critical anime fan out there in fact I personality rate anime for my enjoyment value and my opinion but at the same time I know which anime are bad like Tokyo Ghoul for example
I am a fan of the Manga but I despise the anime with a burning passion.
I personality blame TAS for being elitism to MAL and YT
Mar 4, 2016 9:55 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
My biggest problem isn't even people hating on something that I love, it's thinking it should be removed or censored because you don't like it that I have a problem with.

"This show had this thing I didn't agree with, they should stop doing that"

"This one thing they decided to do here ruined the show"

"I don't think anyone should watch this show because this and that"

"There must be something wrong with the fanbase of this show"

"This particular trope, despite being as old as anime is, is ruining anime"

"This show despite having different characters etc is the same as these others". .. that can be said about WAY MORE than just anime

This is the bullshit we have to hear from elitists, of course many of us hate them

most of them have small lists and only watch certain genres hence don't support the industry as much as we do

Just because an anime aired when u were a kid doesn't mean the show is "better" all today's tropes come from old anime

Everything today is derived from the past, nothing is new, stop acting like anime today is different, it's really not
EcchiGodMamsterMar 4, 2016 9:59 AM
Mar 4, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2014
_Esper_ said:
To make it short, this is a treat where elitist feel but-hurt.. End of the story. XD
Oh, trust me, I don't like actual elitists either

It just pisses me off when only one side gets a lot of backlash although the other side is being just as dumb (kind of like left and right wing extremists here in Sweden – people condemn right wing violence all the time while left wing extremists like Sebbe Staxx are practically being worshipped by Swedish media)
Nico- said:
Mar 4, 2016 9:57 AM
Feb 2014
TheCodeTrigger said:
I may not be the most critical anime fan out there in fact I personality rate anime for my enjoyment value and my opinion but at the same time I know which anime are bad like Tokyo Ghoul for example
I am a fan of the Manga but I despise the anime with a burning passion.
I personality blame TAS for being elitism to MAL and YT

"Elitism" really started with the LOGH circlejerks that were a thing like 6 years ago. But TAS made it a la mode for his willing toadies.

To be fair though, I think there's worse types of elitism than TAS.
Mar 4, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2015
Comic_Sans said:
GesuYarou said:

Of course they do, I am an advocate of democracy and freedom of speech so I wouldn't try to take away their right to voice their opinion on elitists (*cough cough* unlike certain anti piracy moralists *cough cough)

I'm just pointing out the fact that they're making a lot of noise over a very tiny group of people and are doing the exact same thing as the elitists (a.k.a. "hating because it's cool to do so")

I have talked to some of those anti-elitist and apparently they all think they're actually 'fighting for a cause' but what they're really doing throwing in more shit into the clog.
So the end result is basically more shit.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do Americans work

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

25 by Adnash »»
11 minutes ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

50 by MeanMrMusician »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - Today

21 by MeanMrMusician »»
14 minutes ago

» Is the word 'simp' fallen out of context in 2024?

Kiryotsu - Today

24 by MeanMrMusician »»
16 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

740 by zzz »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.