Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 23, 2016 7:46 AM

Jun 2014

I personally have a lot of trouble coming up with usernames, on anything. I usually end up picking a username that means something to me or I think sounds really nice, but I take ages and admit I kind of suck at it. I never get the one I want either since the good ones are always taken and on some sites every username is taken. I've changed my username a few times, I just do it when I get bored of them. My old username was Jessica, before that was Jessicakes and my username before that was chibidelta. I'll probably stick with Dawn from now on though. My favourite username on here probably belongs to @Moog I just like how it sounds. Some honorable mentions are @Klad, @Luna, @Roth, @TheN00dzWizard and @Tsudecimo. Just off the top of my head.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How long does it take you to come up with a username and do you ever get your first choice?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How often do you change your username and what are some of your previous ones
Are there any usernames on MAL that you like a lot?
DawnFeb 23, 2016 7:59 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2016 7:54 AM

Jan 2016
My username now is a result of other sites having a character limit. My preferred username is GodlessCapitalist but I shortened it to the username you see now...

It just stuck and it became my universal username for 3 years now.

My old ones in other sites would be blackcrossunited(when I was a teenager) and ResidentObjectivist(2009-2010)..

Favorite username in MAL? Uhmmmm..... tbh, it'll be @GreenSoap ... Weird choice of username is weird but I like it.
Feb 23, 2016 7:59 AM

Jan 2015
How long does it take you to come up with a username and do you ever get your first choice?
It takes a lot of time for me, I change it usually when I get bored of my previous one, which doesn't happen very often. If the name I've been thinking about is better than my current one (aka I like it more), then I'll use that one.

How often do you change your username and what are some of your previous ones?
I don't change it very often. I've used too many that I don't even remember lol, but Near was one of the usernames I used the most in the past.

There are many names I like, but I feel too lazy to make a list =.=

You should change your name to Snowflaiq btw, OP.
Feb 23, 2016 8:00 AM

Feb 2013
I suck at thinking of good usernames, Im one of these people that gets stuck for hours on a videogame that requires you to write the name for the protagonist lol

How often ddo you change your username and what are some of your previous ones

I dont change my username, mostly because if its hard to come up whit something, when I finally have a username I dont see the point of changing it to other and spend hours again thinking

I find @comic_sans a hilarious username, I really like it

also @AllenVonStein and @ClockWerk for how they sound

and OP's @Dawn and @Mayuka because they're short and easy to remember ^^
badwolf45fFeb 23, 2016 8:06 AM

Feb 23, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2014
CapitalistGod said:
It just stuck and it became my universal username for 3 years now..
eh? I usually have to use a different one on each site since a lot of the time its taken. Maybe that means I'm not that creative with my usernames...
Feb 23, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2016
Dawn said:
CapitalistGod said:
It just stuck and it became my universal username for 3 years now..
eh? I usually have to use a different one on each site since a lot of the time its taken. Maybe that means I'm not that creative with my usernames...

Ah.... That was actually my problem a while back.

Eh... I can't be bothered to think of anything else if I have something that is quite sure to be available...(if it isn't... I just add my favorite number 77 in it... and it does the trick)
Feb 23, 2016 8:04 AM

Jun 2014
Clockwerk said:
You should change your name to Snowflaiq btw, OP.
I'm passed that phase...

badwolf45f said:
Im suck at thinking of good usernames, Im one of these people that gets stuck for hours on a videogame that requires you to write the name for the protagonist lol
That's exactly like me xD

badwolf45f said:

I find @comic_sans a hilarious username, I really like it

also @AllenVonStein and @ClockWerk for how they sound

and OP's @Dawn and @Mayuka because they're short and easy to remember ^^
Thanks! :D
Feb 23, 2016 8:09 AM

Nov 2015
I dont have trouble coming up with usernames. When I chose my username I was chewing bubblegum so I just tried BubbleGum then BubbleGum_. I dont really change usernames. When I get one I stick to it, I'm hoping to get BubbleGum without an underscore though. As for favourites that probably goes to @Sodalicious_
Feb 23, 2016 8:11 AM

Sep 2015
I don't have any creativity whatsoever so I suck at usernames, that's why mine is -Senpai- like, how original....

The other day I saw in the forums a guy called Verano (means summer) and I might do something like that, take a random world an translate it to Spanish, but idk.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 23, 2016 8:14 AM

May 2015
Yeah, usually.

I've changed it 4 times. The most recent ones were Ben-Hur and EminemVEVO.

Not really.
Feb 23, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
CapitalistGod said:
Dawn said:

Ah.... That was actually my problem a while back.

Eh... I can't be bothered to think of anything else if I have something that is quite sure to be available...(if it isn't... I just add my favorite number 77 in it... and it does the trick)
7 is my favourite number, but I just add 126 to the end if its taken. I hate using numbers though its like admitting defeat so I try another name or finding another way to type it. Numbers are a last resort for me.

@Clockwerk do you mean near as in the character from deathnote near?
Feb 23, 2016 8:15 AM
Jun 2013
I never had problem with them .
I have created lots of Characters in my Fantasy Books .

Haan , Natlus , Avil , Zodiak , Zodius , Keth , Syth , Develon etc
Feb 23, 2016 8:16 AM

Feb 2015
I always use this username for registering on online forums or games. I never change my username because there is no need to.
Feb 23, 2016 8:18 AM

Nov 2015
Milennin said:
I always use this username for registering on online forums or games. I never change my username because there is no need to.
That's what I think too, unless you're like taking numbers or something off I dont really see much need to change it.
Feb 23, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2016
Dawn said:
7 is my favourite number, but I just add 126 to the end if its taken. I hate using numbers though its like admitting defeat so I try another name or finding another way to type it. Numbers are a last resort for me.

I'm really just lazy.... tbh.

If you thinnk about it.... my usernames are just a lazy representation of my beliefs...lol (except when I was a teenager, ofc. because I seriously thought about that..)
Feb 23, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
badwolf45f said:
@ClockWerk for how they sound
I actually like Badwolf too, have you tried to claim the one without numbers?

-Senpai- said:
The other day I saw in the forums a guy called Verano (means summer) and I might do something like that, take a random world an translate it to Spanish, but idk.
I like that username a lot lol, not just because it's Spanish though. I like the username Summer as well.

Dawn said:
Yeah, for some reason I liked the name and I started to use it. But it was very long ago xD
Feb 23, 2016 8:20 AM
Jan 2013
My username is just the first letter of mi first name and my last name, it's so simple I don't usually get it first try
But I did here (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I'm never changing my username on MAL, at least I won't while @Mkim2 still exists. This person is the reason I feel so good for having the username Mkim.
But whenever I can't get my first choice, I either choose MiKimDot or AppleFairy

@FreshPrinceOfMAL, definitelly
gone bai bai
Feb 23, 2016 8:21 AM

Jun 2014
BubbleGum_ said:
Milennin said:
That's what I think too, unless you're like taking numbers or something off I dont really see much need to change it.
what if you like made it when you were 13 and its embarrassing? My username creating was even worse back then.

Clockwerk said:
Dawn said:
Yeah, for some reason I liked the name and I started to use it. But it was very long ago xD
Near annoys me because... well... he's just not L :/
DawnFeb 23, 2016 8:26 AM
Feb 23, 2016 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
Clockwerk said:
badwolf45f said:
@ClockWerk for how they sound
I actually like Badwolf too, have you tried to claim the one without numbers?

When I created the account I tried "BadWolf" only but it was taken, not sure if is still taken now.

Feb 23, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2016
My username 1 year ago was "Chry123"........just saying xD
The one I use now is new for me and it took me 10 minute to think of it
Feb 23, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2011
I don't really have problems with that.

Seconds.
Here? pralan Other sites? I'm not telling you that.
No
Feb 23, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
I've used Maz and variations of that for quite a few years now.
I think I originally got the idea from when I played World of Warcraft; one of the characters was called Mazregos and I kinda liked it, so ended up naming my character that. People ended up calling me "Maz" all the time, though, so I always tried to get that if the name were available. Sadly it often isn't. In those cases I used Maaaaaz for my XBL name, and usually ItsMaz for everything else.

This normally reduces the amount of time I spend on trying to get a good username because I can just try different variations of this without having to think of something completely new.
Otherwise, I'm one of those people who spends hours thinking of a name for my characters if I'm playing an RPG or something like that.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 23, 2016 8:31 AM

Oct 2007
I've had different "stages" when it comes to usernames over the years. I previously had a "random" English word as username. Now I'm going through the "random" Japanese expression stage. I tend the same one over and over or variations of it until I come up with a new one I like. Usually they're available.

Well I changed it to tsuyokunaru almost a year and a half ago, I think? Previously I was shindou-kun and that was my original MAL username. Back when Livejournal was a thing for me, I used to change it once or twice a year.

Comic_Sans is the best! I also like Kineta because it sounds nice to say it out loud.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 23, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2015
Dawn said:
BubbleGum_ said:
what if you like made it when you were 13 and its embarrassing? My username creating was even worse back then.
I'm pretty sure everyone made terrible usernames back then, but yeah when it comes to those ones I change them or just keep them to laugh at it.
Feb 23, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2015
I have no problem from picking a username to choose, when I joined this site, this username came up on top my head instantly. And well it's not really special after all because this kind of username; with cat and something is pretty common I guess.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Feb 23, 2016 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
lol @Orange we were talking about this yesterday.

i like ur name too @badwolf45f , but why did u add 45f

Feb 23, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2015
I usually try WretchedCarcass. If it's too long or taken, I go with Wretch. Usually one of these works.

Rarely, if ever.

I don't know... I never think about them too much.
Feb 23, 2016 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
No problem here bruh. I just pick a a word in english I like then put the latin version instead but clamor means something in english too but I like it anyways.
Eat Me
Feb 23, 2016 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
AllenVonStein said:

Thanks! Because "BadWolf" was taken and yeah, I just searched and is still taken tho the user hasn't been online since 2009 ;_;

Feb 23, 2016 8:51 AM
Jan 2013
badwolf45f said:
AllenVonStein said:

Thanks! Because "BadWolf" was taken and yeah, I just searched and is still taken tho the user hasn't been online since 2009 ;_;
TAKE IT
TAKE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
gone bai bai
Feb 23, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2014
Clamor said:
No problem here bruh I just pick a a word in english I like then put the latin version instead but clamor means something in english too but I like it anyways
oh, what was the original english word for clamor? I tried googling it, but the definitions seemed a bit all over the place.
Feb 23, 2016 8:56 AM

Mar 2014
Dawn said:
Clamor said:
No problem here bruh I just pick a a word in english I like then put the latin version instead but clamor means something in english too but I like it anyways
oh, what was the original english word for clamor? I tried googling it, but the definitions seemed a bit all over the place.

Crying , but clamantes is too long so I went and picked clamor which can mean cry.
Eat Me
Feb 23, 2016 8:56 AM

Feb 2013
Mkim said:
badwolf45f said:

TAKE IT

Im not sure how it works, if I can actually claim a username from a innactive user,

Feb 23, 2016 9:01 AM
Jan 2013
badwolf45f said:
Mkim said:
TAKE IT

Im not sure how it works, if I can actually claim a username from a innactive user,
Seems that according to the Inactive Username Request Thread, you can since the account haven't logged in more than 5 years

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1430734
gone bai bai
Feb 23, 2016 9:01 AM

May 2015
I sometimes sit in front of my computer for ages before comming up With anything, they're usually not taken though so that's good. ^^

I've never changed usernames, not on this site at least.

I haven't really browsed too many profiles to say if there are any specific ones that I really enjoy, but I'm sure there are some funny ones out there.
Feb 23, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2015
Comming up with usernames isn't hard, I have plenty of past ones I can use or a new one already in mind. I get my first pick just about all the time.

I change it fairly often I think, or when I feel like it at least. Some of my previous names have been:

- Emberoth
- Caligubro
- WeebSpaceCommie
- Sir_Chasm

Not sure if there are anyone that I like, there are members that I like and thus I like the usernames, but as far as just the usernames go, I'm not sure.
CrossfitJesus is pretty funny I guess.
Feb 23, 2016 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
This was my username from my webkinz account when I was kid, but after realizing that I still liked it for some reason, I decided to use it here.

My previous username was lifted from some tumblrina, but then I realized that it'd be best to go for originality and use something of my own.
Feb 23, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2015
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
rshuttle1337May 6, 2016 10:33 AM

Feb 23, 2016 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
It's easy for me well I had rohypnol because I wanted to name myself after a drug and I saw that was still available so why not? but I switched my username back to Veneficia which means witchcraft because of muh fav animu.

I use to change my name frequently along with my sets but I calmed down after I started running out of ideas

Cigarette is a username I like
Feb 23, 2016 9:19 AM

Nov 2015
I didn't put alot of thought into my username, as you can probably tell. I never spend more than 30 seconds thinking about anything before I get bored and pick something at random. I usually get my first choice unless its something super generic.

Very infrequently.

Cumshotz, The_Genius_Baka, You, etc...
Feb 23, 2016 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
mine was pretty random tbh.
it's actually based of @shuryukan :x
he suggested ryukan and i was like "hey that's cute" and i went with it
my previous username was love. gross i know.
Feb 23, 2016 9:36 AM

Jun 2015
I lack creativity so it takes me a long time to come up with usernames, or anything for that matter.
I don't change usernames on anything often. I don't like change, honestly.
I don't know if I have a favorite username. There are a lot that I like. I tend to like the funnier ones.

Feb 23, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
CookieGawd said:
I dont spend too much time thinking of one. Some of my usernames have to do with cookies and for other sites I just try to think of something retarded.

The best usernames on mal are Dawn, McGibletz, Jessica, Roth, Jessicakes, Daconator, and chibidelta
Your list makes me smile~
I like the cookie themed ones you have, just CookieGawd is my favourite out of the ones you've used though.
Feb 23, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2013
Mkim said:
badwolf45f said:

Seems that according to the Inactive Username Request Thread, you can since the account haven't logged in more than 5 years

MMM "you might request if you have not been banned in the last 6 months." geez, weell, I guess I'll have to wait for 6 months lol

Feb 23, 2016 10:02 AM
Jan 2013
badwolf45f said:
Mkim said:

MMM "you might request if you have not been banned in the last 6 months." geez, weell, I guess I'll have to wait for 6 months lol
HAHAHAHA, I see I see (◑‿◑)
Welp, good luck with that
gone bai bai
Feb 23, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2015

no too long because i have used it everywhere since grade 9, 7 years ago
i usually get it, but sometimes i have to let one (i) out

How often do you change your username and what are some of your previous ones?

not too often, i usually stick with this username Sukii, or Sukii Fu,
My other usernames: secret way, Aoi Sora

Actually i didn't pay a lot of attention at the usernames, when i find one i will post it :)
SukiiFuFeb 23, 2016 1:07 PM
Feb 23, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
i have had this name for a very long time, prob since 7th grade and just kept rolling with it :) i like to add weird things to it, for example the "inho" part and some other letters which have meaning.

i change my username occasionally but not for realz, for fun most of the time. the previous usernames i had were loshmi which is like my real name but the letters are mixed and juuzou because juuzou is my favorite character :p

my personal favorite mal username is afaptoremember, it's just too good :p
Feb 23, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
I always stucked with this username and always will.

I like easy to remember usernames which are also funny, I guess.
Feb 23, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
BubbleGum_ said:
I dont have trouble coming up with usernames. When I chose my username I was chewing bubblegum so I just tried BubbleGum then BubbleGum_. I dont really change usernames. When I get one I stick to it, I'm hoping to get BubbleGum without an underscore though. As for favourites that probably goes to @Sodalicious_

Awww thank you nee-chan
^_^
I like your name too
Feb 23, 2016 12:09 PM

Dec 2015
If this username ever gets taken, I will be worried.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
18 seconds ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

44 by Rhaelynne »»
1 minute ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

68 by -Jahra »»
48 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.