Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2016 5:10 AM

Sep 2015
Since Erased has got into the top 10 anime list, the average scores of other anime in that list like gintama went up. Lol I don't know why I made this thread but I know some gintama fans will read this and all I want to say is are you that butthurt your show is being outranked that you need to go make mass alt accounts to keep your fave anime in that list? Wow.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2016 5:13 AM

Aug 2015
Lol. Some people actually cares so much about MAL rankings that he had to make this that. W O W

Neither a Gintama or Erased fan.

Edit : The likes of Gintama , Code Geass , OPM and the " Hyped show of the season " will always be overrated. With the help of both normal and alt accounts. No reasons to take them seriously.
Z-DanteFeb 12, 2016 5:32 AM
Feb 12, 2016 5:14 AM

Mar 2008
In some instances the fakes are of greater value than the real thing.
Feb 12, 2016 5:15 AM

Sep 2015
Z-Dante said:
Lol. Some people actually cares so much about MAL rankings that he had to make this that. W O W

I don't. Just pointing out some low lives.
Feb 12, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2012
They do it because they have a shit ton of free time lol
Feb 12, 2016 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
with so many gintama in the top 10 there are obviously ult accounts in the mix.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 12, 2016 5:25 AM

Sep 2014
With the support of alt accounts or not, Gintama will always be overrated.
Feb 12, 2016 5:27 AM

Sep 2015
Well it's not just gintama, I think LOGH also got a boost. Another reason why such lists should be ignored I guess.
Feb 12, 2016 5:29 AM
May 2015
Dresta said:
Since Erased has got into the top 10 anime list, the average scores of other anime in that list like gintama went up. Lol I don't know why I made this thread but I know some gintama fans will read this and all I want to say is are you that butthurt your show is being outranked that you need to go make mass alt accounts to keep your fave anime in that list? Wow.

Ik, I was confused too as just a day ago Erased was #7 and today it was back on #8 but it's again #7 now :)
Feb 12, 2016 5:30 AM

Sep 2015
i hate how the top 11 is flooded with gintama , imean its good but thats just too much
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2016 5:35 AM

Sep 2014
People made alt accounts to down vote clannad, this I know for a fact. People absolutely mass make fake account to up vote anime for sure. Especially anime that is currently airing. A lot of People give shit a 10 before it even airs too.
Feb 12, 2016 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
They must be people who actually care for the ranking of their fav anime in MAL's rankings.
Feb 12, 2016 5:39 AM

Aug 2014
Fuchsia said:
with so many gintama in the top 10 there are obviously ult accounts in the mix.

And, you know, sequel effect.

@OP
What anime? The 1st season of Gintama would be the obvious choice for doing so, but that one has been on 9.05 since I checked last week. Current season has been swinging in the 9.15-9.17 range for quite awhile now, you know (the fact that a new serious arc that may or may not be considered better than the previous one, may also have raised the score for some). Gintama' has been 9.15 for more than a week aswell. Idk about the movie or Enchousen however, but I call bs @OP.
Feb 12, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 2014
oh noooo, what a new and terrible problem. It's not like this hasn't happened every single season
Feb 12, 2016 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
Meh. Whatever they do with their free time is their problem, so neither u or me should give a shr bout it (:
Feb 12, 2016 5:54 AM

Jun 2012
I guess I should stop creating alts and boosting up the score of Mars of Destruction. Didn't realize I was being such a bother to people.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 12, 2016 5:54 AM

Feb 2013
Dresta said:
protip: you can check the latest people who've added an anime in their list (Stats -> All members, like this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/9969/Gintama/stats&m=all#members )

and if any of them looks like a fake account, report them to this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=0

you wont find many btw; fake accounts are like boogeymen, often blamed but rarely the real cause
Feb 12, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2013
LOL, is that true? Coz imo the rating of top 10 anime is not changing or maybe have very little difference since the last time I checked it. As for currently airing gintama, maybe it's because the previous arc was great, and current arc looks promising, and not because of Erased entered the top 10

I think u're overthinking about it.
Feb 12, 2016 5:56 AM

Aug 2014
Da5h said:
Gintama° went up because they deleted some fake accounts, the current season had like (2%) 350+ 1's and last night when i saw it on second place had (1,4%) 280 1's...
Anyway i don't understand why people think that Gintama fans are making fake account to downrate Erased, why would a fanboy of a series with 3 seasons & one movie in top 10 do that, it's just.. stupid.

Mainly because Gintama got multiple entries in the top 10, which makes people think that Gintama fans are the only ones who do so without, without realizing the fact that the highest rated series of Gintama also has lower amount of people who rated it, thus resulting in the boost.
Feb 12, 2016 5:58 AM

Sep 2015
Does it really matter that much?

If some sad fucks have got nothing better to do with their lives than getting salty over the fact that one Chinese cartoon is rated higher than another, there's nothing to do other than pity them.

It's not like the MAL rankings are even that important anyway.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 12, 2016 6:03 AM

Mar 2015
Meh there's no need to make fake accounts to raise Gintama scores because Erased's score should go down sooner or later. To make accounts that make a difference are a lot of work to raise the score. It's fine. That or Gintama pulls another season after the current one and gets that new season into the top 10. Either way Gintama reigns over half of the top 10.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Feb 12, 2016 6:05 AM

Apr 2015
Gintama fans are cancerous and I certainly don't think the same anime should take up 4 spots on the top 11 list on MAL! It's just stupid.

The day you should start caring about an anime database's rankings, instead of enjoying your own anime, is the day MAL's forums stop looking like it came from 2007.

Who cares, let losers be losers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2018
I'm just surprised at ERASED's score, that's all I'm here for.

Aug 2015
Da5h said:
Gintama° went up because they deleted some fake accounts, the current season had like (2%) 350+ 1's and last night when i saw it on second place had (1,4%) 280 1's...
Anyway i don't understand why people think that Gintama fans are making fake account to downrate Erased, why would a fanboy of a series with 3 seasons & one movie in top 10 do that, it's just.. stupid.

but anyway people will keep on whining because their favourite anime will not get a chance in mal top 10

Apr 2015
Hmm I did notice a few changes. Before erased aired that top 10 was basically unchanged with the only addition being the new Gintama.

But Now with Erased @ #7, Steins;gate is #3 and LOGH went down like 3 positions I think to #10. Lol it's actually funny.

Feb 12, 2016 6:06 AM

Jun 2013
Dresta said:
Isn't making alt accounts banable? I hope the moderators don't start banning people for no reason until they find the real alt accounts, i'm saying this because it happened to me last month i got banned for no freaking reason.
Feb 12, 2016 6:09 AM

Jun 2012
EpicShonenGuy said:
Dresta said:
Isn't making alt accounts banable? I hope the moderators don't start banning people for no reason until they find the real alt accounts, i'm saying this because it happened to me last month i got banned for no freaking reason.
AFAIK they just delete the alt accounts. And surely there was a reason. You can make an inquiry in the irc about your ban and the mod that banned you is obligated to have a discussion with you about it. Take it from a guy that has a long record of getting banned.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 12, 2016 6:16 AM

Apr 2014
Not only create accounts to vote 10 of the other top, also for voting 1 (just look at the latest updates to users). Anyway, they haven't a real weigh in any of the two forms. It must be very sad to lose time creating accounts simply to be happy with a simple top. If you like something, you don't need that is even in the top 600.
Feb 12, 2016 6:19 AM

Aug 2014
I have a question: After deleting those alt accounts, will the scores of 1 stay in effect?
Feb 12, 2016 6:20 AM

Jun 2015
It seems you were the one who was butt hurt, enough to make this thread.
Feb 12, 2016 6:25 AM

Mar 2014
Da5h said:
Plebs are just salty and can't accept that Gintama and its multiple seasons are more than deserving of being ranked where they are, so they lie to themselves with risible reasons to make themselves feel better.
Feb 12, 2016 6:26 AM

Nov 2015
I am a fan of Gintama but seriously?
There are people who would waste their time just for that?
Why???
For salty fans
Feb 12, 2016 6:32 AM

Sep 2015
Scooty-Bby said:
It seems you were the one who was butt hurt, enough to make this thread.

Damn. I got rekt

MTKN9068 said:
I am a fan of Gintama but seriously?
There are people who would waste their time just for that?
Why???

You are a nice person.
Feb 12, 2016 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
Klassical said:
I have a question: After deleting those alt accounts, will the scores of 1 stay in effect?

No, those will be removed, since the account that gave those scores is gone.
Feb 12, 2016 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know how voting in any pool works for MAL

Is it one vote per account?
One vote per IP address?
Combination of both?
Is there a way to actually fool it or was there some way to fool it before that was actually removed later on, like deleting cookies?
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 12, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2014
Snappynator said:
Klassical said:

No, those will be removed, since the account that gave those scores is gone.

I thought of that but i remember LOGH was around 1.4% 1/10, now it is 2%, This is weird because it (percentage) never went down, so i thought maybe the score of 1 stays in effect.

Anyway its more logical that the scores will be gone.
Feb 12, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2015
Ckan said:
In some instances the fakes are of greater value than the real thing.

This is true. Sales is everything. Erased will only be increasing quickly by a huge amount while it is airing like how One Punch Man did. After that its back to normal.
Feb 12, 2016 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
Holybaptiser said:
EpicShonenGuy said:
AFAIK they just delete the alt accounts. And surely there was a reason. You can make an inquiry in the irc about your ban and the mod that banned you is obligated to have a discussion with you about it. Take it from a guy that has a long record of getting banned.
I know when that happened i did all that, he asked me a few question regarding my ip adress, and he said " I thought you were someone using an alt account, i will unban you shortly", apparently there was no reason to ban me he just admitted that he made a mistake.
Feb 12, 2016 7:13 AM

Aug 2014
Be more interesting to see where Erased is after the final episode. To me scores on an incomplete anime don't mean much as things can easily change, and if fake accounts are trying to affect its position in a list then its almost a laughable situation where people shouldn't care that much on either side.
Feb 12, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2014
It never ceases to be amusing how seriously some people take ranking on MAL. It is also kinda saddening.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 12, 2016 7:38 AM
Mar 2015
I don’t really care how other users rate their Chinese cartoons.

RedRoseFring said:
It never ceases to be amusing how seriously some people take ranking on MAL. It is also kinda saddening.

My thoughts exactly.
Feb 12, 2016 7:40 AM

Jan 2015
VivaLaGin said:
Dresta said:
Well it's not just gintama, I think LOGH also got a boost.

looks like you're just making shit up.

Na I can confirm. I remember someone telling me how erased was top 10 stuff and took a peek at the list and LOGH had a mean of 9.09. Just checked now it seems to have a mean of 9.10. Lol

Edit: oops sorry it went down to 9.08 it seems.

It's stupid anyway.
MarroneFeb 12, 2016 7:44 AM

Feb 12, 2016 7:42 AM

Jan 2016
Robiiii said:
Meh. Whatever they do with their free time is their problem, so neither u or me should give a shr bout it (:

Exactly..I Was Also Thinking The Same.. xD
Feb 12, 2016 8:39 AM

May 2015
rofl this didn't even crossed my mind
Feb 12, 2016 9:10 AM

Feb 2016
i didnt know people would actually do that
Feb 12, 2016 9:13 AM

Feb 2013
beast_regards said:
I don't know how voting in any pool works for MAL

Is it one vote per account?
One vote per IP address?
Combination of both?
Is there a way to actually fool it or was there some way to fool it before that was actually removed later on, like deleting cookies?
one vote per account, and the vote counts towards the average only if they've seen 1/5 of it

the formula is a bit more complex, as it's detailed here http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime

the way to fool it is obviously to make more accounts; you can check the latest posts in this thread to see what an actual "illegitimate account" looks like: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=0
Feb 12, 2016 3:39 PM

Mar 2015
as gintama fans, if there is always discussion abut ranks, i will grab my popcorn foriously.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 12, 2016 4:02 PM

Oct 2012
If they have that much free time, good for them then.
I'm a Gintama fan and I think the score went up mainly/partly because of the currently airing arc.
Feb 12, 2016 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
Would people actually go to that much effort to protect the rating of their favorite show or to bolster it above another rising one? Just seems kind of pointless to do, it'd take some time to make the bots as well, right? As bored as I am with my own life I can't imagine doing that, unless I was planning to troll for shits and giggles.
Feb 12, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
They're just ranks, you shouldn't care about em to much.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
9 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by Phloup »»
9 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 55 minutes ago

8 by ToG25thBaam »»
10 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

17 by kizumi91 »»
10 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

61 by Saiunknown »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.