Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 2016 11:29 PM

May 2013
LOL Pineapple Head xD he looks like Shikamaru hahaha

Poor Dai-kun D; I hope his arm isn't too hurt :(
Jul 31, 2016 6:40 PM

Mar 2016
They did this on purpose.
This episode rekindled my love for Daichi so much just for them to completely shut him down.
What the fuck.
I almost cried when I saw my poor baby laying there helpless...
I know sports injuries are pretty serious in high school. I've seen plenty of guys at my old school wrecked because of football incidents.
I never knew it could happen with volleyball too but I guess I shouldn't have been so naiive.

...Scared to watch the next episode...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2016 11:14 AM
May 2016
Look at the guy on the right at 5:57, lol.
Dec 16, 2016 6:25 PM

Feb 2015
Josh said:
Well fuck, eh. Injuries are no joke.

i'm sorry but that looked like a straight up death right there.

Ashishgup said:

I wonder if anyone saw the baby in this pic though xD :

been seen that. how can't you?

evangelly said:

rip karasuno dad

that....is actually a good nickname for him. nice.
---------
pink team fight is actually the best so far. no-one besides for karasuno has had fast players, nice to seem this team have them as well.

i thought daichi was alright, but him still laying there like a tossed piece of meat really scared me.
Feb 8, 2017 2:17 PM

Dec 2016
Isn't that Takeru guy's Dad the one Tsukki practiced against with his brother?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 10, 2017 7:01 PM

Aug 2016
Bruh dont tell me he just died

Set by SenpieX
Mar 28, 2017 9:37 PM

May 2009
Gosh, the ending. Why do they have to make it so dramatic? Sure, Daichi is a solid player that keeps the team together. But at times like this I feel like someone else should step up and be like "Let's win this for Daichi!" Not that he is dead, he could have easily fainted from the impact with Tanaka.

Misaki is such a good manager for her team. She really caught them before breaking. Too bad we probably won't see more of her after this.

And what's up with a story behind certain teams and certain players? Do they want me to cheer on the enemy team too? Just let me view them as rivals that has no sentimental background behind how they play and why they are like they are.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Apr 29, 2017 4:20 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode. A small part of me wanted Johzenji to win tho lol.

That cliffhanger tho. Poor Daichi, hope he'll be fine.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 19, 2017 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
We all knew Karasuno will win since Haikyuu is all about them but Johzenji is so nice whoa. ;;;
Seriously, the boys are pretty amazing I don't mind to watch a spin-off about them. ;D
Takeru's family is so hilarious. Don't worry mate my family is "special" too.
Ugh, Daichi, are you fine? :c

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 9, 2017 6:32 PM

May 2014
I feel like when Johzenji turn up again, they're gonna be a massive powerhouse team.
Also, Misaki really is a great manager. She's more like the Captain than the actual captain lol

Damn that ending.
Of course some sort of bigger injury was bound to happen eventually, I'm actually surprised one didn't happen sooner...what, with Hinata on the team. Too bad the person injured is the anchor of the whole team.

I hope he didn't get hurt too bad though. That was quite a collision :/

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2017 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
Uhoh, that ending looked really ominous.
I hope Daichi's fine obviously but I have a feeling he's going to have to sit this match out.
Sep 16, 2018 11:07 AM

Feb 2014
Saeko nee-san <3, glad she is back on screen.

Great episode.
Oct 21, 2018 12:52 AM

Jun 2016
Seeing the first team not attempt to block the quick but instead purely receive was excellent. I love seeing people decide that they cannot adapt in time during competition and instead find ways to work around the problem instead by negating it. The way they went for the same synchronized at the end was exactly the strongest suit of their play, they don't think about failure for a second. If they learn to work on paying attention to the other team while maintaining that they'll be a force to reckon with even if they weren't a big threat this year.

Aone and Hinata is honestly one of my favorite relationships in the entire show. Aone is an even scarier giant than Asahi. He has no eyebrows. He's massive. He's always glaring. He hardly speaks and when he does he's very concise. Yet he has so much respect for Hinata despite him being such a tiny guy. The contrast between the quiet, concise, massive, scary Aone and the tiny, adorable, excitable, talkative Hinata is big, and it only makes them so much more adorable. They both respect each other and push each other to improve. Aone even stands up for Hinata when people talk bad about him. And, just this episode he waited for them to finish and let his team go on ahead of him to in his own way tell Hinata he believed in him, to give him the inspiration to win the next match and let him know his faith is in him. So freaking excellent.

Meanwhile, this new team is pretty great. The match has already been intense. A battle of next-generation little giants and a battle of captains. I specifically ADORED how they utilized Asahi's strong spikes to break through the shoddy defense they had up to control Hinata. Takeru is awesome as a captain and his family cheering for him is heartwarming, the very family that got him as good as he is at morale boosting. And, this was also a great way to showcase more Daichi!!! I love how much it's focusing on him as a player and leader. Too bad he DIED at the end of the ep. That's gotta be the first major injury outside of the likes of a nose bleed.
Aug 27, 2019 9:05 AM
Jul 2014
NOO CAPTAIN!!! PLEASE BE OK!!!
Jan 6, 2020 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
did daichi san got injured
Feb 7, 2020 8:54 PM

Jul 2013
Those family are adorable lol coming up to the game like that to show support. Meanwhile Karasuno's still barely got supporters. Anyway, I think they're gonna have to replace Daichi for the rest of the game. RIP
Jun 12, 2020 1:57 PM

May 2018
Rip Daichi. It was nice knowing you
Aug 20, 2020 9:57 PM

May 2014
Lolol ofc Daichi is going to be fine, seems like a bit of unnecessary drama thrown in. Didn't really fit tonally but otherwise good ep.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 21, 2020 2:43 AM

Jun 2020
lmfao so this is where the "did daichi die" meme started from

:( i hope he's gonna be fine sports injuries are horrible

LMAO at yams "did he wait for hinata just to say that?" LOLOL

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 24, 2020 6:59 AM

Feb 2019
I wasn't convinced Tanaka was stupid until this episode. Why did he bother going for such a dangerous dive??? It would have been better to let the point go. Idiot.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Oct 11, 2020 12:45 AM

Sep 2016
duckk bro the energy this eps is amazingg, i love the strategic aspect of the show and developing counters to moves and plays is so dope to see and bru that ending i was waiting for something like this to happen in the show but i didnt expect it at this moment
Facta Non Verba
Dec 18, 2020 6:07 PM

May 2018
Yikes... looks like Daichi was injured and injured pretty badly. I'm really worried for him, he doesn't stand out much, but is really important in his own special way. After all, he is the captain of the team.
Jan 4, 2021 11:28 PM

Aug 2020
Noo Daichi?!

Feb 16, 2021 1:26 PM

Mar 2019
No you don't. Please don't tell me Daichi will die or something. That ending was so scary!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 16, 2021 2:47 PM

Aug 2017
I was having fun until that ending, poor Daichi.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 24, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2021
daichi dies 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Nov 21, 2021 4:59 AM

Dec 2010
So it's time to nerf Karasuno as their momentum was getting too big. Despite this incident, I still support their style of giving it their all to dig out each and every ball.
Dec 28, 2021 3:15 PM

Dec 2016
I love how Hinata bonds with pretty much everyone and it's all different dynamics at that.
Bug ugh those first round scores...Shiratorizawa wiped the floor with that team D:

Man i've been wondering for a few episodes now if someone will get injured. I thought it would stop on Kageyama's nosebleed but Daichi? Damn, I hope he'll be fine
Feb 15, 2022 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
i'm feeling like waku is like jozenji, another "new unknown" school claiming to be obstacle. ukai kinda said it loud they gonna be hard, but i just can't see it lol, karasuno kinda swapping the floor with them with very little struggle.
from some reason i think even the writer saw it, so he had to make that end...

also, i love hikyuu OST and all, but i felt it was out of place here.

but maybe all these complains is because i'm tired, maybe it's time for me to sleep lol.
Mar 8, 2022 7:39 PM

Mar 2021
Yachi's reaction to the size of Saeko's boobs was pretty hilarious.

Hate to say it, but all the "Daichi dies" memes really dampened that last moment. Maybe that's a bit of a blessing, though.

Mar 16, 2022 10:31 AM

Dec 2020
Why do I feel bad for every team...
Johzenji tried their best but unfortunately failed. I hope they start taking the sport a little more seriously.

Aone and Hinata's interactions are sweet!

Wakunan and Takeru are the next team to play against Karasuno. It was a good choice to pit Hinata, someone who admires the little giant, against Takeru, whose playing style is the most similar to the little giant.

And it looks like Daichi is injured. I hope it isn't anything serious.
Nov 2, 2022 6:45 PM

Aug 2021
damn. an injury had to happen sooner or later in this show, and of course it would happen at a time like this. hopefully it's not anything too serious
Nov 18, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2022
Superexciting match, I am finally getting that reference about Daichi being dead. Poor captain :D
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Mar 19, 2023 3:03 PM
Feb 2023
wHAT IN THE CLIFFHANGER
Oct 8, 2023 6:23 PM
Jul 2017
AMAZING CLIFFHANGER HOLY MOLY

also i love how the battle is between captains and morale management this set
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.