Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 12, 2016 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
The limitless energy concept and the huge reactor like thing in the background gave me a bit Vividred Operation feelings - without the docking of course.

Great visuals and pretty interesting first episode.
Jan 12, 2016 1:58 PM
May 2011
The animation in this episode was impressive. Since it is one cour it will probably an anticlimactic ending. So it can avoid having a meandering plot as well, I'm hoping it will go the episodic route with Mira and Kyouma as the unlikely duo solving retrieval cases.
Jan 12, 2016 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
like it
like her
like him
like how the things going
good op and end
Jan 12, 2016 2:16 PM
Jun 2014
It was really a nice episode. I guess this is why we gets Darker than black vibes. http://myanimelist.net/people/2370/Yuji_Iwahara
Jan 12, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2011
Such a BAD@SS

Mira was cute
Jan 12, 2016 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
I wonder how much that Toyota 2000gt costs at that year. Kyouma is cool as hell.
Jan 12, 2016 4:43 PM

May 2014
It was exciting, geat op, I really like the character design and the pacing was also great.
I'm all in!!!
Jan 12, 2016 4:51 PM

Jun 2015
Was cool. A little predictable but it has potential.
Jan 12, 2016 6:49 PM

Mar 2014
I liked it, the MCs character design wasn't very memorable, but he has enough quirks to make him likeable, and he's a badass. The robot is an improbably hot female, and I guess it's not something to complain about, but it definitely breaks immersion. Doesn't seem terribly unique plot wise, but I'm interested in the illegal coils and how all that will develop. The dance i the intro is great, I hope any fight scenes also have choreography and animation quality. Good animation for the first ep, and that slap.
Jan 12, 2016 8:03 PM

Oct 2013
That was entertaining.

I love the MC. Mira a best grill.

Generic anime, but it has some potential.

AOTS contender.
Jan 12, 2016 9:37 PM
Apr 2015
This show instantly reminded me of darker than black and I'm sure everyone would agree. Looking forward to see the anime progress. Also is it me or does that main character's outfit remind you of star wars a little bit i know japan had robes first, but he freakin feels like some jedi knight. (maybe im just having to much star wars hype)
Jan 13, 2016 1:41 AM

Mar 2009
Visuals are nice, but the first episode just didn't do too much for me. Doesn't help that the MC is kind of a jerk.
Jan 13, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
Mabuchi Kyouma is the best looking male main character design I've seen in a LOOOONG time. He's like a mishmash of Spike Spiegel because of his slender face and the beard reminds me Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop.

He had awesome dance moves in the OP but I'm still testing the waters with the OP, not sure how to feel about it yet.

The story is only somewhat interesting so far, I haven't read the manga so I don't know what to expect. I've been picking up a few new manga to read with Winter 2016's Anime lineup.

Mira is uber cute and has a hot, tight little body. I'm not feeling her green hair though. Sorry.

The idea of illegal and legal coils and different dimensions is really cool. I'm looking forward to sick rides and lots of unintentional-sorrynotsorry fanservice.
臭い-
Jan 13, 2016 2:50 AM

Feb 2010
Well, I just jumped into it unknowingly and I have to say that I can see a bit of familiarity with some series and mostly it's like taking the best of the genre, which seem to be light-hearted enough, like not taking itself too seriously (just look at the character design - that Kouma is hilariously antiquated). In other words, the experience feels balanced this far and I'm kind of certain it will be such between the episodes too. I don't expect something stellar, but it's fine as long as it's quality.

I like how Kouma is not your Normal Japanese Schoolboy. You can't imagine how I'm tired of those. Wait, I bet you can!
Anyway, the girl, while she's totaly cliche (or should I say classic?) - it's a good cliche, she is very cute. Reminds me of another tailed cutie from recent Utawarerumono. But this one here throwing a mean slap at that.

I bet I'll be rewatching this when it was over.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jan 13, 2016 3:09 AM

Jul 2011
I don't know if this anime will be for me.
It seems interesting and generic at the same time, but my biggest problem with it is having to stomache the fan service robot. Even if her actions and personally so far didn't annoy me, there's nothing that takes you out of a world more than blatant attempts to sell merchandise which at this point seems to be the entirety of her character, and that doesn't say much about a series that'll revolve around her.
I'll give it a couple more episodes.
Jan 13, 2016 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Interesting episode. This might be this season's Concrete Revolutio. Let's see.
Jan 13, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
Seems interesting so far... Even though it may end up being a little predictable, but time will show!
Jan 13, 2016 9:08 AM

Nov 2015
The first episode was very good. I really liked Kyouma's personality he's a badass.

Jan 13, 2016 10:26 AM

Sep 2010
At last a non teenage male MC who is not a fucking coward... AOTS contender for sure...

4/5

Btw this seems to be a season for robots...
Jan 13, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2015
Liked that semi-bboy dance during the OP there; the OP and ED are both amazing.

Yeah, Kyouma is a beast!

This series has piqued my interest, next episode please.

Also, the robot girl is cute~
Jan 13, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
Farabeuf said:
Enjoyed this. Doesn't try to be too "deep" and bombard you with incomprehensible dialogue which is a failing of many sci-fi anime. It's nice and to the point. It's also refreshing to have an adult MC instead of the classic shounen hothead or self insert characters. Oh and he drives a 1967 Toyota 2000GT which is the most classic of all Japanese sports cars!

Someone noticed the 2000GT hell yeah
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Jan 13, 2016 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
Looks promising...gonna keep an eye on this!
OP is OK, ED is cool!
So...an MC who is from the old ERA and against Coils and uses steel strings with a piercing needle...OK
and main girl is an AI robot that is also like a human and very conscious about being embarrassed.
I think that is not just a nano-black hole from the 4th plane w-axis...but a micro black hole!
5/5!

Jan 13, 2016 6:53 PM

Nov 2015
This anime is looking like it is off to a good start. Certainly not lacking in action or background plot.

Elements of the story paralleled Asimov's "The Gods Themselves" which I read back in '78, and a few bits of Giant Robo.

Certainly looking forward to future instalments.
Jan 13, 2016 7:04 PM
Oct 2012
DRGreen7 said:
Elements of the story paralleled Asimov's "The Gods Themselves" which I read back in '78, and a few bits of Giant Robo.

Excuse the mancrush, but I am overjoyed that I am not the only person here who read that novel, makes me feel younger than my years. And the lovely thing is that I am absolutely certain the writer of this series has also read that novel (or at least I hope, I think the suppression of illegal coils has far more meaning than the company simply enforcing its monopoly, though I think we will find the ending to be the opposite of Asimov's theme).

But always love an old time SF reader. I have recently started purchasing new collections of all my favorites.
Jan 13, 2016 11:40 PM

Apr 2014
pretty art style with great op an ed

Jan 14, 2016 1:39 AM

Nov 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
makes me feel younger than my years.

Ha! I know what you mean, sometimes I feel positively ancient in some anime communities, but as I am over 50, I probably am!
Jan 14, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2010
Was sitting on the fence on whether to watch this when I noticed that it's by Iwahara Yuuji. Okay watching from now!
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Jan 14, 2016 8:11 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting first episode. I liked this futuristic world, with a badass main character still attached to the past. The cyborg girl seems ok, very cute btw. I hope she'll be useful in the next episodes instead of being a burden.
The art was nice, so it was the animation. A little bit of fanservice in certain moments but still pasable. Didn't payed much attention to the ost, I liked the ending though.

This anime looks promising. If it manages to keep its quality I'm sure it won't disappoint.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jan 14, 2016 8:52 AM
Jan 2016
It looks good lets see what hapend
Jan 14, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2012
Ray-Sensei said:
Anime of the season for me.
Great OP. That dance DOE.
Great animation.
Great main characters.
Great robot girl. DAT BOOTY CLOSE UP.
The first episode had great pacing. Can't wait to watch more!

The only warning is beware sexy robots/cyborg (heard it from somewhere, or is it from inside of my head?)
Jan 14, 2016 6:40 PM

Jul 2010
Man, I've said it in my recommendation, but the MC even attacks like Hei
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Jan 14, 2016 8:53 PM
Nov 2014
SchwingBoner said:

Love Mabuchi! He is just the main character I have been looking for :D
Jan 14, 2016 11:37 PM

May 2015
delaneysloane said:
SchwingBoner said:

Love Mabuchi! He is just the main character I have been looking for :D
My friend sent me this gif.It made me watch it it.was tottally worth it.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 15, 2016 12:47 AM

Jul 2014
i love me the robot girl i need more i hope theres like 300 robot girls through this whole show that would be great

but other than that the OP and ED are fucking great and the shows flashy enough and fairly interesting so ill be watching this all the way along with Erased
Jan 15, 2016 2:46 PM

May 2015
I don't yet start reading the manga, just saw in store and i really love the graph. It's have a very good critiques on french manga communities so i was sure to start it one day... And i'm not disapointed! Even it's the first ep, we can apreciate personality of each character, we have a very good animation with sound. The story baseline is clearly defined etc... Exactly all thing i need to apreciate an anime! The only one thing i regret is to don't be able to compare with the original support. This morning, before starting yhe anime, i went to my manga store and hesitate to buy DW :3
Jan 15, 2016 3:17 PM
Apr 2014
haha damn - the slap. The sounds his neck made didn't sound healthy xD And the second time neither lol

All in all it looked pretty amazing. But what did that professor do? I thought he'd start some kind of chain reaction to destroy the coil system but considering they were working outside of the range of his device that can't be it. And what did he tell his daughter to do? Why would she collect illegal coils now after his death?
Jan 15, 2016 5:12 PM

Feb 2013
The only thing better than cute anime girls are cute robot anime girls!

Actually that was pretty good. I LOL'd at the dancing in the OP.
Jan 15, 2016 7:15 PM

Mar 2014
Oh god, this is going to be this season's Gangsta, isn't it?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 15, 2016 9:34 PM
Jun 2013
Pass-the-Salt said:
Oh god, this is going to be this season's Gangsta, isn't it?

The manga isn't as shitty as gangsta's, in my opinion, so I hope not.

I have hope this can be above average, but who knows.
Jan 15, 2016 11:53 PM

Feb 2011
okay that was good i guess, nice plot
predictable tho :(
Jan 16, 2016 1:08 AM

Nov 2015
I really don't know if it will be great. But it was definitely entertaining.

Definitely like that the dialogue and narration was very straight forward, no too much pseudo sci-fi philosophical bullshit.

And just the dancing in the OP.
Jan 16, 2016 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
The whole episode I told myself that this anime looks like "Darker than Black". Kyouma is like Hei and he fights like him. The story seems "similar" so far, I hope it will be as thrilling as "Darker than Black".
Great first episode.
Jan 16, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
Well, that was rather interesting. I didn't get half of what the fuck was going on, but the action was good. Martial art fighting is best fighting.

I still don't understand what the coils are and what's with that ''W'' dimension. It is basically Z', no...? I mean, it's obviously not that, but I'd like to have a bit more explanation.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 16, 2016 11:06 AM

Nov 2015
The episode had a good first impression on me, I wasn't expecting the big deal but it has potential. There are certain details i liked, others made me laugh, others not much, but in general it's a good anime and it's worth watching to see how it goes.

The OP was a good call, really, it's awesome xD The MC is awesome too, looking forward to him and more bichslaps.

The thing I don't quite understand is why the "robot" girl (or reploid, kind of looks and functions like one) has a... tail? Oh Me! Me! Me! I Know!: FANSERVICE! jajaja. Anyway, it's ok. I'm looking forward to next episode.
Sakaitsu said:
The whole episode I told myself that this anime looks like "Darker than Black". Kyouma is like Hei and he fights like him. The story seems "similar" so far, I hope it will be as thrilling as "Darker than Black".
Great first episode.

Everybody keeps talking about this Darker than Black anime... Well, I put it my Plan to Watch list.
Jan 16, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
This show loves her arse.
Jan 16, 2016 3:19 PM

Dec 2013
Man this show looks really good. I'm impressed by the visuals so far and that OP was amazing.
Jan 16, 2016 10:05 PM

Jul 2013
Very promising first episode. Solid animation, story progression and opening.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 17, 2016 4:23 AM
Dec 2012
Cat Paradise by the same author deserves more to be animated than this...
Jan 17, 2016 5:46 AM

May 2009
Hairy_Ninja said:
Robo-loli is very cute and I'd like to see her motivations for what she does.

How is she a loli with those tits and height?
Jan 17, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
Great pacing, love the OP. Kinda reminds me of the gangsta OP for some reason.

I love the MC's voice actor and character design. they seem to fit as perfectly.
The robot girl's character design, voice actor and reactions are pretty neat.

This scene though LOL

"Go Ahead."
*stares down into your soul*
"What's wrong? Hurry up and do it."

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.