Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2016 12:55 AM

Sep 2009
A lot of people don't seem to be aware that this an otome game adaptation, so of course it's going to be shoujo-esque. That said, the focus seems to really be on the sport which is what I anticipate the entire season will be more than any romance - but if that element is explored it shouldn't come as a shocker given the nature of the source material.

Since it's Madhouse I'm actually hoping for a decent adaptation here, and the first episode I thought came out of the gate looking pretty good. The character relationships are already endearing and the sport itself is interesting, Madhouse is keeping the animation visually stimulating. Not going to be the best thing we see this season, but at least it will be worth the watch.
Jan 6, 2016 2:14 AM

Jan 2015
bobzanny said:

So is this show basically Hardcore-Parkour?

Mmmhhh...yeah, I had the same feeling while watching the first minutes
Jan 6, 2016 2:39 AM
Dec 2013
So gay, but so good
Jan 6, 2016 2:47 AM

Jan 2013
It was really uncomfortable to watch without subs, never doing that again. D: Despite understanding most, I don't like having to trust that I heard and understood right. Definitely watching again with subs.

It seemed promising, no chance of me dropping this. I hope the main focus will be on the sport, but I don't really doubt that it will. And by the number of characters in the opening I'm guessing we'll meet other schools quite soon, and the story to move on quite fast, especially this being only 1-cour show.
Jan 6, 2016 3:44 AM

Jun 2015
Was a pretty good first episode the race was fun to watch.
:)
Jan 6, 2016 3:53 AM

May 2010
Seems like this one is truly about sports. Liked the first episode..especially the finish..love the animation and art style is fine too.
KerozinnJan 6, 2016 4:13 AM
Jan 6, 2016 3:54 AM
Mar 2013
Very good start, looking forward to this
Jan 6, 2016 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
Kerozinn said:
i hope this isnt some borderline yaoi shit fake sports anime like free.

Comparing it to Free seems fair but calling it fake sports show is not.
It's a sports show aimed at women. Sure it has gay undertones but that doesn't make it invalid or something

OT: Didn't like the episode too much. Once they started running it was fairly entertaining but everything around it pretty much annoyed or bored me. Quirky boys of each type blablabla.
As always the sport which the anime is about gets an unrealistic amount of general attention even at newspapers and school when in reality no one would give a shit.
Not going to watch. Maybe i'll check out some races along the road.
Jan 6, 2016 4:38 AM

Feb 2015

I enjoyed the 1st episode. I really like Riku's cheerful & enthusiastic personality and boy, does he run fast!

That race was awesome to watch. Hozumi had some nice moves. Looking forward to next ep.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2016 4:41 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, the first episode was fucking amazing, I've always wanted a parkour anime, and my dreams are finally coming true!

I love the color pallet and the visual style, I'm super excited for this.
:3
Jan 6, 2016 4:53 AM

Apr 2014
that was mad hype, and I don't even know what the fuck is going on.

+ kana hana
Jan 6, 2016 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
well i can never understand sports anime.

interesting ep
Jan 6, 2016 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
eXtacy67 said:
Guessing from these reactions - "not based" Madhouse?

Still waiting for subs....

Madhouse wasn´t even "based" to begin with, was it?

1st ep. was okay-ish. The ending saved it imho.
Jan 6, 2016 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
The intense relay part was good. But somehow the colors and rest not that appealing.

I almost wanted to stop halfway. Hmm, will check to see the next episode.

Even with great cast seems not super exciting.
Jan 6, 2016 5:55 AM
Mar 2008
TheNaturalPerm said:
Didn't like the episode too much. Once they started running it was fairly entertaining but everything around it pretty much annoyed or bored me. Quirky boys of each type blablabla.

Yeah, which isnt a good think. Well, Free i can somewhat understand why its on the "yaoi" side but street-running? Stride its nothing more than street-running but why the hell its this sport used to show guys that girls fall over for?
Episode bored and annoyed me also, especially after i got the "Free" vibe with some "Air Gear" in it. The run was ok but everything else................gnah. Even the Opening was only ok, even though the band made a damn good job in Diamond no Ace, so why not here?
Jan 6, 2016 5:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very good start, i like the main duo. Comedy was actually alright and the last scenes were hype.
Jan 6, 2016 6:26 AM

Jan 2009
this was actually funny! didn't expect that at all
i like this, the characters too
the main girl doesn't bother me as much as i though she would
haru being more creepy than usual
Jan 6, 2016 6:34 AM

Jun 2009
Its alright, looks good. I enjoyed it pretty much. Let's see how it'll turn later
Jan 6, 2016 6:57 AM

Dec 2009
Looks pretty good so far

Glasses dude reminds me of Haruka from Free!
Jan 6, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2015
I love this anime so far! So good <3
Jan 6, 2016 7:00 AM
Jan 2016
great episode! looks like great anime! don't expect less from Madhouse..
Jan 6, 2016 7:08 AM

Jan 2015
Somehow... "Typical" Character for Sport Anime Category but on the other hand, It's a nice Sport Concept and funny too. By the terms "Funny" I mean like Free! BUT AFTER Rei join the club. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 6, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2011
Soo..... parkour racing? Sounds cool enough. Thought it was cool, but there were some things that could very well have been fixed such as the Yagami dude not knowing his own speed. That was bullshit. Other than that, race was fine but would've preferred that the Haru clone also did parkour instead of flat-out racing and the freshmen totally won the race.
Jan 6, 2016 7:26 AM

Sep 2010
Hmm, well it was good first episode and show is looking interesting. I never heard of anime about parkour while I do have some experience of it in the past.

The only complain I have is the moment the competition begins is completely out of nowhere. Even if it was the glory time of stride club, the whole school shouldn't have this much hype for it. Some might come over to look but definitely not set up the whole tour for free! (and I am still talking about the glory of the past club, not the club that lost most of it's members and combined with shogi club!)

In the end it was a good first introduction episode but if the storyline is a simple typical sport series storyline I will get bored of it after the first 'Main Competition/challenge'

One more complain would be that there is too much Yaoi stuff in this still, it's nothing against my biggest disappointment about this serie and that is.

"MADHOUSE, don't waste your time on things like this. How much budget did you get from OPM and why is it wasted on yaoi sport anime which has it's good points but generally isn't anything great and will be forgotten before the season even ends!!!'
Jan 6, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2014
That was great, I'm already in to this.
Jan 6, 2016 7:38 AM

Feb 2011
I really enjoyed this first episode although I hated the translator's commentary off to the side wtf. -_-
眠れないのは君のせい
Jan 6, 2016 7:51 AM
Mar 2010
Wow, just WOW. What a great first episode. I was so spellbound. An otomeish sports anime actually having a good budget, an otome game anime having a good budget, like THANK YOU MADHOUSE! I think I'm going to cry.

Z4k said:
Nah, not gonna bother with this one. Although it's still a shame Atsuko Ishizuka's talent is being wasted on shows like this.

Yeah, what a shame that shows like this aimed at women get a great budget and a great studio. These kind of shows should stick to studios like Studio Deen. /sarcasm
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 6, 2016 8:04 AM

Nov 2010
It was a fun start, let's see how the rest will go.

will stick for 3 episodes.
Jan 6, 2016 8:34 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
finally watched it.
So far, its good !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 6, 2016 8:45 AM

Oct 2012
The first episode looks good and somewhat interesting, let's see how things go :).
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jan 6, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2012
G O D B L E S S

This exceeded my expectations~
I watched it with a friend who came over today and we had a fun time :> Art, characters, pacing, music are all A+. Looking forward to how things will unravel. Also the comedy is just right!

Voice actor fangirl comments:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll put the soundscape CD on replay xD
Jan 6, 2016 8:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Pretty average by Madhouse standards, but not bad at all, actually. Just felt like it had a lot of coincidences for a first episode, such as two OP competitors already joining the team. Honan Stride club is already off to a terrific start and well set for winning any upcoming tournaments.

KanaHana alone is enough of an incentive for me to follow the show though. Hopefully there won't be any cheap, unnecessary drama like many sports anime nowadays.

Jan 6, 2016 8:56 AM

Dec 2008
I was very good :). This probably be the best anime of this Winter for me :).
Jan 6, 2016 8:59 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Namu12 said:
I was very good :). This probably be the best anime of this Winter for me :).
Bruh .. its only the second anime that has started this winter. :|
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 6, 2016 9:20 AM

May 2010
Okay, its good but not as good as I imagined. Yagami and Heath stand out among the character so far. I hope Sakurai does better than that. She isn't bad at all but she'll need to do better in order to be memorable (in a cast filled with male characters, female characters have a high risk of getting ignored)

The best thing was definitely the race. Great animation and cool camera angles, loved it. Also, I rlly like the artstyle, so much blue. Nice OP, too. Overall, nice, hope it gets even better.

7/10
Jan 6, 2016 9:25 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty nice for a first ep :)

Their running motion looks weird though...
Jan 6, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2015
Aaaaah it was pretty good for a first episode !

(HanaKana *o*)
xSkipiJan 6, 2016 9:42 AM
Jan 6, 2016 9:35 AM

Jan 2011
i watched the first episode with my bestfriend because, honestly, if i did it alone i would have probably dropped it after the first 5 minutes. i mean, its not /that/ bad, but its not that good either... something about the first episode felt very rushed, and idk something also felt off?? i dont know much about this anime, except that its from an otome/sport game, so maybe thats why something about it feels 'off' (even tho i still dont understand exactly what lol). i'm gonna keep on watching it anyway, mostly because i want to see if it gets better... maybe it will and i'll like it haha

anyway, the cast is really good, love kana as the main protagonist she's super cute. not a fan of kimura ryohei but hey the main guy really suits him a lot. also the animation was pretty good and i must say i really liked the colors?? also the opening is cool, i'm looking forward the ending mostly because mamoru miyano and other seiyuu are gonna sing it!
Jan 6, 2016 9:40 AM

Sep 2015
I just love Takeru <3
Especially loved the part where he was touching the guys legs xD
Jan 6, 2016 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was pretty good!

We got a girl who is interested in Stride!
Jan 6, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2013
Ehhhhh, not feeling this at all, such a huge shame considering how amazing were NGNL and Hanayamata.

The pacing is way too fast, seems like it's almost on fast forward, barely any time for characters to properly interact. And speaking of, the character personalities are way too overblown, one is too ecstatic and enthusiastic, other is monotonous robot, the girl also doesn't posses anything of interest ( not a fan of Hana Kana as well ).

I do agree that the director could do some real good stuff is she would partake in a better project. Oh well
Jan 6, 2016 9:55 AM

Sep 2010
Running Haru and Running Armin
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 6, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2015
Awesome so far; better than I expected. I'll have continue watching to see if the characters grow on me, but the main ones seem fun to watch.

They haven't shown a coach yet; I wonder if there will be one?
Jan 6, 2016 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
Kinda meh characters so far, but I really enjoyed the race.
Jan 6, 2016 10:01 AM

Sep 2014
minnydesu said:
I actually enjoyed that first episode. The seiyuu cast for this anime is amazing. The characters are quite loveable for now.. and I like how they gave us a glimpse of the sport so early on in the anime.

I was never a fan of otome games turned anime (aka reverse harem) but Madhouse made me enjoy the first episode very much. I'm hoping they'll keep this up and won't be a disappointment like the other ones. I'm assuming that can only be done if they focus on the sport more than the romance between the main girl and all the guys >_> I'm crossing my fingers for the former.

I enjoyed the soundtrack and ED song. I expected Mamo-chan's song to be the OP song but I guess not qwq It was okay.

Fuck yeah, it is. .
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 6, 2016 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
stephen5000 said:
They haven't shown a coach yet; I wonder if there will be one?
I feel like it'll be that one teacher they zoomed in on:

minnydesu said:
I enjoyed the soundtrack and ED song. I expected Mamo-chan's song to be the OP song but I guess not qwq It was okay.
Actually, the OP in this episode was actually the OP they're using. The ED will be sung by Mamo and his group! Also, you should definitely check out the PoS Soundscape CD! There's two character songs, by Mamo and Toshiyuki Toyonaga although, Mamo's the center vocals in both.
Jan 6, 2016 10:05 AM

Apr 2011

An actualized representation of me watching sports anime.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 6, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2015
I really had low expectations after reading the reviews before watching the subs but wow! I actually really loved this. And seriously the voice acting is sooo good. My fav character so far is the green haired, so cute XD
Jan 6, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2015
And this though *.*

Jan 6, 2016 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
^ LOL Yes. Entire KnB cast here!

Kimura is pretty much using the same voice he used as Kise, which is great!

Seems like other characters don't have the same personality though.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2016

157 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2016

75 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2016

53 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2016

56 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2016

72 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.