Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2015 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I guess it was alright, had its fun moments but the first half didn't have as much as excitement as I had expected.

Yamada is still adorable as ever though and I like how the episode also got "darker" in the second half lol. The brief "fighting" between Inami and Kozue was funny. Poor Inami, always having to deal with obstacles.

Dat face

Stark700Dec 26, 2015 10:05 AM
Dec 26, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2007
Takanashi not able to go to work because of Takanashi mother. lol @ Senpai girl tsukkomi-ing about younger sister. Yamada helping out with finding Oto-san's wife. Oto-san and Takanashi (in female outfit) saw each other. Mother seems to force him to be female all the time.

Second older sister is having hard time getting her mother remember her name. Siblings from second season wanted to help out, but mother remember sister of the sibling first. Mother hates lies from politics. Yamada talking about their bond. HiroC's character trying to cheer mother up with Yamada sibling relations. Takanashi still hiding from that girl after coming back from job, it seems. He lied to his mother for working?

She got him captive because she knows his feeling. So Takanashi's father is little thing loving guy. She absolutely don't like guys being tsundere... (still = lying). In order to get mother's approval, the girl needed to defeat the sisters, who are supportive in their ways, first. lol @ the photo (though not working), and mother approving when senpai girl appeared. He confessed (finally admitted) even though he likes little things. Yamada brother appeared to break the atmosphere. The girl with sword doesn't have the sword with her now. Even senpai girl decided to have confidence in be the new chief.

Very first OP as ED.

Vol.SP (this ep.) releasing March 30, 2016.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 26, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2012
Dayum Inami had to endure quite the epic battle to get her man! :D I remember how much I hated her beating up Souta runner in season one, but it was worth it for this kinda development. Also, Otoo needs to adopt Yamada...somehow. :D She's too valuable to him! :D Anyone who made it this far into this franchise who didn't adore this ending needs to die!...or at least stop watching anime, which is worse as far as I'm concerned! :D Such closure! Such beautiful, beautiful closure! You rarely see this level of closure in anime. Geez I'm getting misty eyed here. :D The only thing missing was seeing them all years later with many children. :D 8/10.
Dec 26, 2015 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
ok it was very good how the series rounded up everything. I enjoyed every bit of it
Dec 26, 2015 11:13 AM
Sep 2014
Still tingling with them fuzzy feels from watching the finale :3
They're all happy and celebrating and there's personal development for everyone. Even Takanashi's mum remembers Kozue's name now. Or is it just that Kozue's usually too knocked out to notice all the times her mum has called her name?? Anyway everyone's beaming and that's the best part.

I also ship SOUMA x YAMADA even more now!
Yamada said she won't be satisfied until she makes Souma happy. And he's all "To do that, you'd first have to become an adult". Meaning he likes her & wants to get together in the future right? :D That's what I want anyway hehh.

karmenmeghanDec 26, 2015 11:48 AM
Dec 26, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Uhm... that was nothing like the preview. I mean it was fine and all... but... not what was promised!
Dec 26, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2012

Almost 5 years of great, entertaining moments and laughter in 3 seasons, i will rly miss this show...

9/10
Dec 26, 2015 11:57 AM
Mar 2008
Not enough Matsumoto.
Dec 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Jun 2015
OK now I want 10 years after epilogue where Popura grown up with adult and taller body just like mother Takanashi.
Dec 26, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2009
All in all, a Slice of Life series wraps up with no real loose ends and so much character development throughout.

Alot of series could take notes off how well this series pulled it off. The third season of this is one of the best examples of them pushing a plot along without feeling like they were rushing it.
Dec 26, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2010
This really is one entertaining series to come out laughing out loud in many occassions. The knacks and their reactions, such as with Kyouko suddenly holding a meeting and Yamada's mother's reaction to Souma.

That was one heck of a journey for Inami, and Takanashi's mother is a great person too.

The confession was surely a fine one.

Everyone in the cast just has this little thing from weaknesses to having specific motives makes the cast's enjoyability (the day this word is in the dictionary) hard to wrap up in mere words! It's just amazing how so many jokes can used together and to also impact the story, it is simply masterful!
Dec 26, 2015 1:13 PM
Feb 2012
I'm so torn over this.

On one hand, we have an excellent conclusion to a series that really had some great character growth and became one of my favourite shows.

On the other, it's all over... I'm going to miss Inami

gothshinobiDec 27, 2015 8:15 AM
Dec 26, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
All one could hope for in an ending to this series. All conflicts resolved for the most part. Fairly nice love confession.
Dec 26, 2015 1:59 PM
Dec 2011
Years watching this series were totally worth it. Tears of joy and a touch of bittersweet cause it's over.

And side note did souma do a unnoticed confession there at the end? Ima just take it like that cause that makes a sweet side story.
Dec 26, 2015 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
thisguy2011 said:
Years watching this series were totally worth it. Tears of joy and a touch of bittersweet cause it's over.

And side note did souma do a unnoticed confession there at the end? Ima just take it like that cause that makes a sweet side story.

OMG, Everyone who works there ends up hooking up.
Very good, but not great ending.
Dec 26, 2015 2:12 PM

Sep 2014
Riptos said:
All in all, a Slice of Life series wraps up with no real loose ends and so much character development throughout.

Preeetty much my thoughts, haha.
I really loved the ending for this. 10/10
I will miss you, Working! qq
Dec 26, 2015 2:28 PM
Dec 2011
thisguy2011 said:
Years watching this series were totally worth it. Tears of joy and a touch of bittersweet cause it&#039;s over. <br />
<br />

One more comment. That could have easily been a full season. Hopefully the 4 komma will elaborate more. Maybe a live action?
Dec 26, 2015 2:32 PM

Sep 2008
I don't want END!
All these feelings!
First opening, moments from all seasons! ;(
Ach... gonna miss Working!

All ships happens!
Looks like SoumaxYamada also have chance to happen!
Really, want more!

Love this episode!
Love these characters!
Love this series!

10/10
Dec 26, 2015 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Gotta say that got bored after 2nd season and i think if there would've been another season (4th) i just couldn't take it. So glad it ended and that the ending was not bad.
Dec 26, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2010
They finally got together!!!
And Takanashi's mother was very funny this episode with her obsession about her son not lying, Takanashi has it hard with such a mother.
Well she did approve of Mahiru and she nearly kidnapped Popura but things worked out.

A nice ending to a nice anime series.
Dec 26, 2015 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
MrAwesome2015 said:

Almost 5 years of great, entertaining moments and laughter in 3 seasons, i will rly miss this show

You summed it up for me, this is among the first anime series I've watched. Definitely thankful to A-1 for this fantastic production, I got hit with so much nostalgia watching the ED.

OTP finally happened after 5 years of waiting.

Also Maya's misunderstanding had me dying, the transition into this eye-catcher was perfect:
BiserDec 26, 2015 6:19 PM
Dec 26, 2015 3:47 PM

May 2015
1k%awesomeness cant even explain how awesome this episode was
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
Dec 26, 2015 3:50 PM

May 2013
Thank you A-1 for delivering this episode so awesome. It had a great conclusion for Working!! after 4 years. Man I'm gonna miss this series.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 26, 2015 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
That was a good finale episode.
Lol Shizuka was going to take Popura with her.
TakanashiXInami. Finally.
Going to miss this show. A great comedy over 3 seasons.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 26, 2015 4:41 PM

Jul 2011
Going to miss this show so much! ;-(
One of the greatest comedy in my opinion.

Thank you Takatsu-sensei!

9/10
Dec 26, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
Never been this happy to see a series end. Loved the BG on the confession part. Taneshima gaining hope after learning how Takanashi's mother got taller was cool.

The wait for the last bit was so worth it.
Dec 26, 2015 5:20 PM

Jun 2014
Fuck Im crying, its been so long with this series its too good to be true that its ending. Now to buy the blu rays, also wtf with the PV from months ago, this was nothing like that (even though it was better) I still want that 4 Koma adaption too
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Dec 26, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
Great conclusion. I'm going to miss the characters. :(
Dec 26, 2015 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
10000/10. Working has been a masterpiece from start to finish for me. This finale was amazing. The confession was pulled off perfectly and I overall loved the way everything ended. Sad it's over but I can always rewatch it.. over and over and over again :)
Dec 26, 2015 6:09 PM

Apr 2015
Now that is how you end a series! God it was amazing! I will miss this series so fkn much
Dec 26, 2015 6:48 PM

Nov 2013
Awesome, awesome finale. One of the very few anime that has actually made me laugh out loud for extended periods of time. Comedy is such a hard thing to find in the anime world, and while Working!, !!, and !!! perhaps overplayed a few jokes now and then, it was an extremely funny show. And this finale set the bar, as far as I'm concerned, for how to do a series finale wrapup show. Am I alone in thinking that this show had a very Western feel and sense of timing, writing, etc. (Western as in hemisphere and culture, not cowboys and Indians)?

Super super enjoyable.
Dec 26, 2015 7:28 PM

Nov 2013
Oh, and--Aoi Yamada NEEDS a spinoff series of her own. Funniest anime character I've seen in some time.
Dec 26, 2015 8:03 PM

Jan 2014
THIS IS HOW YOU END A DAMN ANIME! Great ending! Loved the confession! I started yelling when he said he loved her!

9 out of 10 series all together.
Dec 26, 2015 8:06 PM

Apr 2014
only one thing to say about this ep and thats

it was a perfect end, loved season 3 and this ova was just perfect

now can finally say good bye to this series

it was a great fun run
"one step at a time"
Dec 26, 2015 8:15 PM

Aug 2014
Great ending to a great series.

I'm honestly happy they didn't go for the RPG ending, this was definitely more in place. I wish things wrapped up more often like they did here. There's so many anime just ending after 1 or 2 seasons due to not enough popularity leaving things unresolved unless you read the novel/manga.

One thing I would've liked knowing was Yamada's real name though :'(. Also I hope (though I doubt it) she didn't lie about her being 16, that way she can take Souma up on his promise in only 2 years!

Overall 8/10. I was going to give it 9/10 if they concluded with a kiss but I knew that was wishfull thinking..
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
Dec 26, 2015 9:43 PM

Jun 2008
Very satisfying ending (unlike everything else that's aired this season)

I'm going to miss Souma and Aoi so much ;_;
Dec 26, 2015 9:51 PM

Nov 2014
Glad to see Aoi again after three months.

And now, it's all over. Miss them so much
Dec 26, 2015 10:12 PM

Apr 2011
I still remember starting this show just to watch it b/c I was bored, but three seasons later this show has left a mark on me. Its been 5 years.. I'm gonna miss this show 😢❤
Dec 26, 2015 10:29 PM

Aug 2007
Sad to see the show end but as others have said, you have to love just how much all the characters have grown. Hopefully the author comes up with something even better next!
Dec 26, 2015 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
This was a memorable ride. It's unbelievable how you can love so many characters and you are presented with so many lovely couples in a single anime. All the characters had their chances to shine throughout the past 39 episodes and they grew up so much over time. This final 40th episode just summed it all up and gave us an ending that will please most of the fans.

Working!! has always been stuck at an 8/10 for me over the course of 5 years (season 3 being the best) but this special episode was indeed special and deserves nothing less than a 9/10 just alone because it carries a lot of emotional attachment being the finale of a lovable series to its friends.

I will miss this anime and the characters. :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 26, 2015 11:35 PM
Apr 2011
loved the series ans sad to see it end. great conclusion that left me satisfied. 10/10!
Dec 26, 2015 11:44 PM

Apr 2013
Loved the series because it was a comedy with actual story/love progression. I wish Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun will start bring out the couples too.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Dec 26, 2015 11:57 PM

Nov 2013
8/10
A nice closure for the franchise!!
Dec 27, 2015 12:12 AM

May 2012
will forever miss this show, and with its re-watchable element Ill never get tired of this.

Dec 27, 2015 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
Wow that was a hilarious last episode!!

Popura becoming the offering and almost abducted by the mother was really funny XD The Takanashi's mother really looked like Popura when she was young.

We also got a pretty nice confession and a nice conclusion to the Mahiru-Souta couple. It was really beautiful.

I'm really sad that this is most likely the absolute end of the Working franchise. Without a doubt one of my most favorite SoL series ever, easily on the top 3 at least. I rate this final episode 8/10 and the whole series 9.5/10. I will definitely rewatch the whole series when the 3rd season's blu ray comes out.

PS: Now give me the 2nd season of Servant x Service, damn it!!
MoeGodDec 27, 2015 12:47 AM
Dec 27, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2014
Nazuna is the true Lord of the Takanashi.

Overall a good way to end the series.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Dec 27, 2015 1:02 AM

Jun 2014
MrAwesome2015 said:

Almost 5 years of great, entertaining moments and laughter in 3 seasons, i will rly miss this show...

9/10
Same here this series' really been great and very enjoyable to watch . That really is a good way to end it since the only thing that was left was Inami x Takanashi and it happened . I Will miss its characters especially Aoi T_T
Dec 27, 2015 1:42 AM

Jun 2013
I knew it! Nazuna wants to conquer the world! *cowers in fear*

But really, this is truly a satisfactory ending to a fantastic series, and props to the animators for reusing the 1st season OP at the end.
Dec 27, 2015 2:15 AM

Jan 2011
Its been a damn fine ride. A SoL gem.

Look forward to the re-watches
Dec 27, 2015 3:04 AM

Aug 2009
It's over...it's really over!! T_T But it was great and also, a very satisfying way of finishing the series. Never expected an anime like this to actually have proper conclusions to the relationships in the series.

As a final episode, it was still a bit...less than what I expected, after all that special mentioning abnout an extra final episode and RPG-themed setting or whatever. I almost expected something movie-like, but in the end, it was just a normal, direct continuation of the series, specifically of the 3rd season. And as such, it was pretty good. The Inami x Takanashi confession was good, but not as good as the Yachiyo x Satou one. Using the first OP as an ending and having a flashback of all the good moments of the series over the three seasons was a great idea though. Can't believe it's actually over. It was a great series, very fun to watch, and the last season is a great rolemodel to every SoL anime about how to end your series. I don't really think anything will come after this final, but if it did, I sure wouldn't mind.

9/10 for both the 3rd season and the final episode for bringing satisfying conclusions to an overall great series.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What did you think of this ending?

AoiroBlueColor - May 24, 2021

3 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Dec 8, 2022 5:49 PM

» The openings and endings

Biribiri10 - Jul 19, 2022

4 by Biribiri10 »»
Sep 16, 2022 2:10 PM

» Does WWW.WAGNARIA pick up from this show?

AoiroBlueColor - May 24, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
May 24, 2021 7:10 PM

» Preview

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2015

12 by Kursan »»
Apr 26, 2021 2:22 PM

» Raws for Extras (from final vol. of Working!!! manga)

karmenmeghan - Jan 3, 2016

3 by SPIDEY_rockzzzzz »»
Sep 3, 2020 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.