Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was great!

Kinda obvious that the enemy were seeking revenge particular against Mika. Kudal and his forces launches their offensive and I found it pretty thrilling. The action both in and out of space were nice. The bro talk between Akihiro and Masahiro was kinda expected.

I think this episode really heightened the conflict of both sides, very nice episode. Masahiro showing a bit of his unstable side but what I really liked is the emotional appeal invested into the episode. Cliffhanger D:
Dec 20, 2015 2:30 AM

Mar 2014
I don't really like this brotherhood plot. too general and fast pacing
ButtSlapperDec 20, 2015 2:39 AM
Dec 20, 2015 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
meh Masahiro got hopeless and have done suicide or sacrifice to save Akihiro there

what im looking forward now is how they can get that Gundam Guison out of that psycho muscled head enemy
Dec 20, 2015 3:13 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode, RIP Masahiro.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 20, 2015 3:16 AM
Feb 2015
The kids are damn crazy. At least try to listen to what people have to say.
Dec 20, 2015 3:28 AM

Jun 2013
Well, this was the last chance this show had to redeem itself. Literally no named character died outside of some brother that was introduced last week and had a few lines of dialogue. Next episode will be a funeral for a bunch of nameless background characters. There is no more tension left in this series. They just won't kill anyone off. This was supposed to be the "bloodbath episode".

Literally nothing happens: the anime.
Dec 20, 2015 3:49 AM

Jan 2009
Hmmh, this episode felt so short and not much really happened - how curious. Lots of short, short scenes between characters. RIP Masahiro tho (No feels at all!).

Uhh, maybe next episode gets better? Considering we're halfway now!
Dec 20, 2015 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
that was quite an action-packed episode
masahiro is such a brat lol
Dec 20, 2015 4:32 AM

Jun 2014
GOD DAMN. Such an impactful episode. I am really sad for Akihiro. But Damn, Mika will be on full rage mode next episode. I hope that asswipe in the enemy Gundam dies a gruesome death. And that pig that is his boss has to be killed by Mika also. But more importantly I am looking to see the death of that mustache guy, that they let live and sent to Gjallarhorn, because he is the one who hired these pirates, from what I understood.
Dec 20, 2015 4:39 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Heh, Masahiro, good riddance.

Super Saiyan Akihiro incoming.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 20, 2015 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
Masahiro got REKT. I wonder how this'll affect Akihiro. Hope he doesn't go emo or anything.
Can't say I cared much for Masahiro. He was annoying and his logic is just bad. Well at least he saved Akihiro.

The action scenes were nice. Mika sure killed a few there.

Loved the Lafter screen time :3 And Mika studying on the way lol

Atra sure has this threesome plan going strong. Always mentioning Kudelia to Mika XD
Dec 20, 2015 4:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That ending.....My God that was intense

I'm glad that the battle went the way it did not damn Masahiro is such a stupid and messed up now....I'm not sure if he's actually dead though but I guess we'll know next week...PV pretty much confirmed that he is though

I hope Mika kills that cunt in the other Gundam (And preserves the machine)
TokoyaDec 20, 2015 4:57 AM
Dec 20, 2015 5:31 AM

Feb 2015
Man, Mika better make that retarded looking pilot of the other gundam pay, slow and make sure it's PAINFUL.

I loved this episode but that's been the same for since episode 1 lol, this show is just that good.
Dec 20, 2015 5:55 AM

Aug 2014
...... Damn.... I thought they were going to rescue him... Poor Masahiro....
If it makes anything better, Kudelia and Atra are acting like wives towards Mikazuki (Awkward laugh)
Dec 20, 2015 6:08 AM

Sep 2013
RIP Masahiro

I kind of figured he would die when his other friends started dying. It'd be hard for him if he was the only one who survived. Strangely enough, I don't really feel sadness/sympathy for him. He chose that path himself. He was just a kid and such a short interaction, with his long-time-no-see brother, won't be enough to change his mind about life and what being a debris mean.

What got me though was when he said that Human Debris can't die on the surface. That they "die in space like garbage." The sadness ;; </3
Dec 20, 2015 6:45 AM

Dec 2014
The PV pretty much confirms Masahiro is dead, hope they don't pull a fast one.

I like how Atra is really set on her and Kudelia being Mika's wives ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 20, 2015 7:18 AM

Dec 2011
Great... I didn't like how they handled the drama between the bros. >.<
Oh well, I can't wait to see them beat the Gusion, it is such a tank.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2015 7:22 AM

Oct 2015
I feel bad that I thought Masahiro was going to kill his brother or make him die with him. Time to avenge Masahiro. I doubt the hammer mobile suit is going to survive anyway, all his "debris" are dead now and he has to face Mika and gang.
Dec 20, 2015 7:27 AM

Apr 2013
I thought Akihiro would have to kill his brother, that would have been a dramatic plot twist. But I guess this show doesn't have the guts to do that. Nevertheless, I still really like it.
Dec 20, 2015 7:30 AM

Jun 2014
seriously? cliffhanger ~.~
:3
Dec 20, 2015 7:57 AM

Nov 2008
Masahiro went insane at the end, he had to die sooner or later and his heroic sacrifice to save Akihiro was the better option.

Dec 20, 2015 8:51 AM

Aug 2015
1cebear said:
I thought Akihiro would have to kill his brother, that would have been a dramatic plot twist. But I guess this show doesn't have the guts to do that. Nevertheless, I still really like it.
But what would have been his motivation to that? it doesnt fit his character
Dec 20, 2015 9:22 AM

Jun 2014
The death flags made it obvious we wouldn't be seeing a happy reunion
Dec 20, 2015 10:21 AM
Sep 2013
Pretty bad episode. This show is incredibly inconsistent - last week's episode was fantastic, while this one was just a horrifically boring battle centered around two tertiary characters we have no reason to care about. Unexpectedly, IBO is at its best in speech-centric episodes and at its worst in the battle scenes.
Dec 20, 2015 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
Damn Akihiro lost his newly reunited brother that fast...the first break of one brotherhood threads, one of the many more in the future I'm sure. All in all, this series is what I considered a 'safe' gundam because of the minimum amount of bloodbath and angst even after 10 eps. I'll brace myself for one hell of a cliffhanger/plot twist around episodes 20ish though.

On the other hand LMAO Atra really is planning to 'share her bread' with Kudelia XD
Dec 20, 2015 10:53 AM

Feb 2012
That transition from the end of the episode to the ED was stunning.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 20, 2015 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
That is the right decision: sending out Mikazuki and Lafter out as scouts. I hope they get to develop their relationship before Akihiro chimes in. Otherwise, there'll be a love triangle lol.
Dec 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, Masahiro sort of lost it. Wonder if he'll survive.

The plan they used to take out the pirates was pretty cool, That hammerhead slam though.

Great episode overall.
Dec 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
OMG MASAHIRO T____T
Dec 20, 2015 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
Masahiro died,didn't care.

Starting to get slightly bored of this series.
Dec 20, 2015 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
RIP Masahiro!
Dec 20, 2015 12:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fortress_Maximus said:
That transition from the end of the episode to the ED was stunning.

Precisely. Wonderful direction in this episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 20, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
I like how some people say that it's boring clearly haven't watched any Gundam before and how it mostly develops its plot and characters. It just kinda makes me chuckle a bit.

Anyway this episode sure wasn't "boring" and had great battles both when it comes to mobile suits & Gundams and the ground combat inside the ships. And as usual Mika shows no mercy to the enemy which I really like.

zerorequiem_ said:
I like how Atra is really set on her and Kudelia being Mika's wives ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 20, 2015 12:30 PM
Aug 2015
For those of you who keep saying, "another nameless died, don't care." Well, good, you're not supposed to care. The ones you should care about are the ones we have seen since episode 1; in this case, Akihiro, and his view on being a Human Debris.
And fucking cunts like these tell me that I don't like G no Reconguista because I don't get it. Give me a fucking break.

Also, I would like to point out the fact that when they say they are family, they aren't kidding. Look at how everyone jumped to help Akihiro get his bro, like a family.
Ken_ChenDec 20, 2015 12:33 PM
Dec 20, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
I feel so bad for Akihiro... damn...

Just when he was starting to feel better too about having companions that would call him family.
Dec 20, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2013
Didn't care for that Masahiro dude.
Dec 20, 2015 1:30 PM

Feb 2013
That was a really rough episode.

Most of it was preparation, but when it came down to it Tekkadan and the Turbines were more than enough to take down the Brewers.

However, it came at a huge cost. Basically all the human debris kids died, including Masahiro, who had basically been mentally and emotionally destroyed by his life as a slave. Akihiro wanted to save him, but Masahiro couldn’t take the idea of having any kind of hope again. And so he sacrificed himself, saving his brother. And it is really heavy on the heart.

What I really like about this series is how they can cause tension and danger and yet still subvert your expectations. I had thought it would be Akihiro and a few other named characters would die. But instead it was the one everyone was trying to save, and I think that made more impact than if it had been Akihiro or Norba, or one of Turbine girls. This show does extremely well at giving tension and emotional weight, without having to resort to simply killing named characters to get an emotional response.

Here, I was able to gain emotional impact and hurt from the death of a character that we had only been introduced to a few episodes ago. I think it was the combination of his relationship with an actual named character and how much Masahiro meant to Akihiro. It was the fact that both Tekkadan and Turbines wanted to save him and were doing their best to do so. It was showing what a horrible life Masahiro and his fellow child slaves were enduring, that collectively made Masahiro’s death that much more impactful. The realization that this is what could have happened to Tekkadan’s men if they didn’t form such a tight knit bond with each other and have such support between each other, with leaders who looked after the group. Masahiro couldn’t take the idea of having hope again, his life as human debris destroyed him and it breaks your heart to see him choose death like that.

I don’t believe in reincarnation, I’m more of a Heaven/Hell person. And I can hope that all those poor children who died are now at peace and at rest and are happy now, and that Orga and Mika puts the beat down on what’s left of the Brewers.
Dec 20, 2015 1:35 PM

Mar 2010
ex_necross said:
You're pretty much right. Show's a fucking bore. Why does the main character feel like a concept rather than a character in his own right half way through the show? How many times will it repeat itself? People in this hug box will either bite your head off or mock you for voicing any criticism. Even the action is remarkably off.
Dec 20, 2015 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
Masahiro you ungrateful fuck you reunite with your brother after all this bitch and you just act like a little bitch
Dec 20, 2015 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
zvarri killing masahiro was too predictable to have any impact
still enjoying the show but I agree with those saying that the slow pacing is hurting the show
Dec 20, 2015 2:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Irenesharda said:

Here, I was able to gain emotional impact and hurt from the death of a character that we had only been introduced to a few episodes ago. I think it was the combination of his relationship with an actual named character and how much Masahiro meant to Akihiro. It was the fact that both Tekkadan and Turbines wanted to save him and were doing their best to do so. It was showing what a horrible life Masahiro and his fellow child slaves were enduring, that collectively made Masahiro’s death that much more impactful. The realization that this is what could have happened to Tekkadan’s men if they didn’t form such a tight knit bond with each other and have such support between each other, with leaders who looked after the group. Masahiro couldn’t take the idea of having hope again, his life as human debris destroyed him and it breaks your heart to see him choose death like that.

Tbh I didn't like Masahiro when he kind of had a mental breakdown, yet when he pushed Akihiro away and laughed knowing he will die in less than few seconds, I felt something. While it wasn't incredibly heartbreaking to me, unknowingly, a few tears dropped. And then I thought about how Masahiro's reaction was understandable. He's been in this terrible situation for so long, still barely clinging to the hope that his older brother would come to get him. But when Akihiro finally does and tells Masahiro about the Tekkadan family, it made sense why he rejected it. I too would be jealous of how Akihiro was able to be happy, while suffering the whole time and not being able to do anything to get out of the terrible situation. Yet somewhere inside, Masahiro probably also hated these ugly emotions, why shouldn't you be happy for you family if they were able to be happy? I think it was just too much for Masahiro, this possibility of being happy coming right at you when you're in the darkness, it was too sudden. And as he said, the more he had hope the more he suffered. While Masahiro and the other kids weren't developed or anything, it really sheds a light about the depth of despair they were in, being Human Debris for so long. It's hard to blame them for all the anger they've had to held in. I think Masahiro's death was sad not solely because he died the way he did or because of his relationship with Akihiro, but because it showed the mentality kids like him had. They had no respect for their own lives. (Sorry I pretty much just said the same thing as Irenesharda)
Dec 20, 2015 4:13 PM

Sep 2014
I'm pretty convinced that iron blood orphans will have a second season with time skip.

Otherwise I can not explain the slow pace and more screentime for the little sister from the gjallarhorn dude.
Dec 20, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2015
Just when I thought there was a possible happy ending...
Dec 20, 2015 4:48 PM

May 2009
When are we going to see character development on the enemy side? Too much focus on the protagonists IMO. We barely even know what the political landscape right now. I mean, what's going on between the economic blocs?

ex_necross said:
Well, this was the last chance this show had to redeem itself. Literally no named character died outside of some brother that was introduced last week and had a few lines of dialogue. Next episode will be a funeral for a bunch of nameless background characters. There is no more tension left in this series. They just won't kill anyone off. This was supposed to be the "bloodbath episode".

I couldn't agree more.
Dec 20, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
I enjoyed the episode. Funny how people are saying in order for this show to be good some well known or big name character has to die.

I agree with what was said in terms of Akihiro's brother, I felt nothing for him and his friends. Its the path he chose in the end.
Dec 20, 2015 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
RIP Masahiro episode 11-12.
Dec 20, 2015 7:42 PM

Sep 2010
Knew this was going to happen as soon as Masahiro was introduced, but dang that was depressing.

This Gundam is way better than G-Reco and its actually not boring imo.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 20, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what a great episode! Hope Masahiro will open his eyes and come to the good side xD i mean if he is still alive.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 20, 2015 8:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
RIP in pepperonni Masahiro.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 20, 2015 9:05 PM

Jan 2014
tingy said:
Irenesharda said:

Tbh I didn't like Masahiro when he kind of had a mental breakdown, yet when he pushed Akihiro away and laughed knowing he will die in less than few seconds, I felt something. While it wasn't incredibly heartbreaking to me, unknowingly, a few tears dropped. And then I thought about how Masahiro's reaction was understandable. He's been in this terrible situation for so long, still barely clinging to the hope that his older brother would come to get him. But when Akihiro finally does and tells Masahiro about the Tekkadan family, it made sense why he rejected it. I too would be jealous of how Akihiro was able to be happy, while suffering the whole time and not being able to do anything to get out of the terrible situation. Yet somewhere inside, Masahiro probably also hated these ugly emotions, why shouldn't you be happy for you family if they were able to be happy? I think it was just too much for Masahiro, this possibility of being happy coming right at you when you're in the darkness, it was too sudden. And as he said, the more he had hope the more he suffered. While Masahiro and the other kids weren't developed or anything, it really sheds a light about the depth of despair they were in, being Human Debris for so long. It's hard to blame them for all the anger they've had to held in. I think Masahiro's death was sad not solely because he died the way he did or because of his relationship with Akihiro, but because it showed the mentality kids like him had. They had no respect for their own lives. (Sorry I pretty much just said the same thing as Irenesharda)
Great post.

I realized that way more often than not, people tend to assume that the audience has to be emotionally invested in a character in order for their death to be impactful or to have significance, which is not true.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.