Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was intense~

Loved seeing action return in full with Tekkadan in space. There's some crazy pilots in this show as well lol. (ugh I hate how Kudal treats some of the boys though). Also poor Takaki D:

Interesting to see more story from Gjallarhorn's side as well.
Not sure why but I found the ending of the episode to be kinda amusing. Gotta love how Tekkadan is sticking together like family.
Stark700Dec 13, 2015 3:03 AM
Dec 13, 2015 3:23 AM
Aug 2012
This episode had me on my toes.
And we finally get to see the 9 year old girl the chocolate man is engaged to.
K-AnimeDec 13, 2015 3:29 AM
Dec 13, 2015 3:36 AM
Aug 2015
K-Anime said:

Lol, the idea wasn't that far fetched until they actually showed it in this episode.
Dec 13, 2015 3:45 AM

Apr 2012
K-Anime said:

Should we start calling him Macky now? :D
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 13, 2015 3:58 AM

Jun 2013
Didn't really care about the blonde kid, so half the episode was wasted on me. Battle was short and inconclusive. New character designs were shit, all except the loli fiance. Not a fan of the frog Gundam either. Hope next episode is better--this was probably my least favorite of the series so far.
Dec 13, 2015 4:09 AM

Apr 2015
And obviously, his brother is there. I just hope that he will be useful for the story, I don't want a useless element...

Well, the episode was alright I guess.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Dec 13, 2015 4:56 AM
Dec 2012
As predicted we got to see both Almiria and Masahiro. Macky! I also didn't expect her to have purple hair. McGillis seeing his reflection in the tea just like Kudelia did a few episodes back. Kudelia's role is still confusing to me.

Little mustache = Todo? How is he still spying for Gjallarhorn?

Orga calling Naze his bro, haha.

Glad to see Takaki alive and well. I really thought they would kill him rather than take him as a hostage.

Ein Dalton really scares me. He really wants to kill those boys. Not even Gaelio and McGillis want to do that.
sosmetalDec 13, 2015 5:13 AM
Dec 13, 2015 4:57 AM

Aug 2010
Intense beginning. I honestly expected Mika to REKT them but seems those Grazes are pretty strong. Needed Lafter to the rescue. She really seems to be enjoying her spars with Akihiro seeing how much she cares.
Didn't expect we'll be seeing Masahiro that quickly tho

It's good that it wasn't dragged out and teased, having them fight without knowing that they're actually brothers. So props to that. And Props to Akihiro for telling Orga and co and not just hiding it. No need for meh melodramatic BS in the future now that they know.

I just don't know what to call Fareed anymore. First Chocolate man and now Macky XD
Almiria is a cute <3
Seems like Fareed has family issues tho. Should be interesting to see more about his character as this series progresses.

Also, as expected that wasn't the last we see of Todo and seems like Fareed is using him :/

Loved Naze and Orga's conversation at the end calling eachother Aniki and Kyoudai.
Dec 13, 2015 5:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I believe that the weird looking green mobile suit is that other Gundam that we heard about back when the anime was first kicking off...Either way that battle as intense and way more difficult than I thought it would be

Felt pretty bad for both Akihiro and Masahiro considering that the pirates side are a bunch of dickheads....But sadly since this Pedro kid died, the only thing that I see coming from here is death and I have have feeling that Masahiro might not make it out of this alive

The second half was pretty suspenseful with how Takaki was eriously injured and then seeing the fallback from it as well as seeing Chocolate Aznable's dad and his kid fiancee (Man it's so weird how he has like.no issue with marrying her lol)

Ending was pretty nice and now we are set for a bit battle next week....Sad thing is that people will surely die and I don't want anyone to fall TwT
TokoyaDec 13, 2015 5:58 AM
Dec 13, 2015 5:56 AM

Jul 2010
So that armored hammer wielding turtle is also a Gundam Frame?
I wonder if it drops that armor Virtue style and shows it's true form or something?
Dec 13, 2015 5:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great episode. Characterisation for Fareed, i like this guy. And all those maids there...Fumitan anyone?

Ein is also interesting.

Lafter saves Mika and Akihiro whose brother is indeed the enemy. She seems to care much about Akihiro.
Dec 13, 2015 5:59 AM
Jan 2014
I bet Akihiro will get to pilot that green/purple mobile suit once this arc is over. That'd be awesome. The armor is tough, so it suits his style.
Dec 13, 2015 6:22 AM

Jan 2008
Not the best but it was a good episode. Happy that we finally got to see Almiria. However, she is a child and her being Fareed's fiancee is a bit weird. I wonder how Fareed feels about all this. I doubt he's happy about the engagement thing or that he has feelings for her. I can't wait to see more of him and what led to this engagement. It's obvious that he is hiding something.

I have a feeling that Akihiro and his brother might not make it but I hope I'm wrong. Lafter seems to care about Akihiro.
Dec 13, 2015 6:27 AM
Apr 2015
sosiick said:
I bet Akihiro will get to pilot that green/purple mobile suit once this arc is over. That'd be awesome. The armor is tough, so it suits his style.

IF that happens then hopefully it means he wont die!!
Dec 13, 2015 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
sosiick said:

I don't know i feel more like will be his brother....
Dec 13, 2015 7:09 AM
Dec 2012
sosiick said:

Nope. He flys a customized Graze that belonged to Crank and Orlis. EB-06/tc Graze Custom.

Which is really worrying because Ein idolised Crank and he wants vengeance. So Akihiro may be the target of that vengeance. I hope he doesn't die though.

They were gonna sell it for money but they needed it in battle.
Dec 13, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2008
That is Gundam Gusion, the one heavy MS pilot by that batshit insane musclehead. I could tell due to it's hammer but it also has a 2 tube missile launcher in its head as well.

Almiria is adorable, I don't blame anyone throwing caution to the wind wanting to marry her.

Dec 13, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2014
I have a feeling that Fareed and Gaelio will spark a revolution or coup within gjallarhorn so they come out on top. The way Fareed was talking about "moving a chess piece" and gjallarhorn's corruption kinda sounds like he's trying to pull a Suzaku from Code Geass.

Also I hope masahiro and his friends join tekkadan and akihiro gets Gundam Gusion. Also the Kimaris is probably going to be piloted by Fareed, Gaelio or Dalton.
Dec 13, 2015 9:06 AM

Jun 2014
Hoppy said:
Almiria is adorable, I don't blame anyone throwing caution to the wind wanting to marry her.

Dude... she's 9.
I understand that she's adorable, but marrying her..?
Dec 13, 2015 9:07 AM
Jul 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Intense beginning. I honestly expected Mika to REKT them but seems those Grazes are pretty strong.

Those mobile suits are not Grazes, they are Man Rodis. See here: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/UGY-R41_Man_Rodi

Also, I didn't expect a psycho to be piloting the Gusion. It definitely seems like a good idea to kill of Kudal and get the Gusion for Akihiro. What is more awesome than having 1 Gundam? Well, 2 Gundam!

ex_necross said:
Didn't really care about the blonde kid, so half the episode was wasted on me. Battle was short and inconclusive. New character designs were shit, all except the loli fiance. Not a fan of the frog Gundam either. Hope next episode is better--this was probably my least favorite of the series so far.

Short and inconclusive? I think you should stick to watching animes with the "monster of the week" format. It was well-paced and realistic. It also kept people on the edge (for those that actually cares for the characters, which is everyone but you) because no one knows whether Takaki will die or live. There is no need for the battle to conclude now. Also, what do you want? The Tekkadan annihilating the Brewers in one episode? HAHAHAHAHA. I wouldn't want the anime if you were the scriptwriter.
Dec 13, 2015 9:30 AM

Jan 2014
Ein said:
Hoppy said:
Almiria is adorable, I don&#039;t blame anyone throwing caution to the wind wanting to marry her.
<br />
Dude... she&#039;s 9. <br />
I understand that she&#039;s adorable, but marrying her..?

In the past and in some cultures today marrying at a young age is acceptable. Its not like they have sex before she hits puberty(at least I hope not). And this is in the future. Customs and norms can and probably did change. My guess is, "Macky" and Almiria's engagement was part of an alliance proposal between the Fareed's and the Baudin's. This is all conjecture though.
Dec 13, 2015 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Tekkadan back in action.

Never expected the Space Pirates to actually put up an equal fight with Mika. I was expecting him to just tear through them.

Well Akhiro's brother is still alive and he's part of the space pirate gang, Well I guess that was predictable.

I'm also starting to like Fareed, He might be seeking an internal revolution within Gjallarhorn.
Dec 13, 2015 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
This show is so goddamn good ...
Dec 13, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
Ein said:
Hoppy said:

Dude... she's 9.
DemonSage said:
Ein said:
<br />
Dude... she&#039;s 9. <br />
I understand that she&#039;s adorable, but marrying her..?

In the past and in some cultures today marrying at a young age is acceptable. Its not like they have sex before she hits puberty(at least I hope not). And this is in the future. Customs and norms can and probably did change. My guess is, "Macky" and Almiria's engagement was part of an alliance proposal between the Fareed's and the Baudin's. This is all conjecture though.

I doubt they'll be even an implication of sex, it'll cause controversy worse than Gundam Seed. Heck, we may never even see the wedding and if we do, it might be a timeskip at the very end of the series.

Dec 13, 2015 10:58 AM
Sep 2015
I find it interesting how Gjallarhorn's HQ is not a land base, but rather a ship in what seems to be international waters
Dec 13, 2015 10:58 AM

Dec 2011
Barbatos and that Meteor/GN Arms looking armament. I thought they would use it this episode. >.< Hype.

I really hope by the end of their fight with the brewers, they'll be able to steal the Gundam Gusion and Akihiro can really use it because it matches his reckless fighting style.

And here I thought Takaki will die... but since he didn't, I am guessing Masahiro will be the one to die in the end. We also have a foreshadowing that they will recruit a space doctor.

Finally they have shown Almiria, and the dad of Macky voiced by Jouji Nakata.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Fiji said:
Finally they have shown Almiria, and the dad of Macky voiced by Jouji Nakata.

I really though that was Shou Hayami, because i could hear Aizen speaking :O
Dec 13, 2015 11:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not the best episode, but then again this show has set the bar really high. The pirates felt a bit "cartoony" to me and I hope we move past them soon. I really want to see Gallahjorn making a move soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 13, 2015 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Akihiro's brother is still alive.
Dec 13, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode.

I'm really digging the new Zaku designs. The Grazes look lame but those Zaku look much better than the standard ugly ones.

Kind of wondering if there are any beam sabers/rifles in this gundam universe....

OT: Lol@people complaining about the blonde dude and the loli being engaged.

They are fucking royalty, this has commonly happened throughout history for royal families.
Dec 13, 2015 12:48 PM

Feb 2014
These enemies are really staring to annoy me with how hypocritical they are. Oh you were just minding your own business? We're going to rob and murder you!!. Whats this you killed one of my partners?!1 HOW DARE YOU DEFEND YOURSELF ILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU . *rolls eyes* Same thing with Gjallahorn and Ein. Their reasons for revenge is stupid to say the least. I'm also expecting one of the brothers to die soon. though i would be happiest if they were reunited in Tekkadan
Around and around the cycle goes.
Dec 13, 2015 12:49 PM
Apr 2015
I knew the stupid flimsy sword wouldn't be able to do anything against gusion.

BRING BACK THE MACE!
I only give 3 ratings on any show I watch

10 = Enjoyed it

5 = Average

1 = Hated it
Dec 13, 2015 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
19Pyro90 said:
These enemies are really staring to annoy me with how hypocritical they are. Oh you were just minding your own business? We're going to rob and murder you!!. Whats this you killed one of my partners?!1 HOW DARE YOU DEFEND YOURSELF ILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU . *rolls eyes* Same thing with Gjallahorn and Ein. Their reasons for revenge is stupid to say the least. I'm also expecting one of the brothers to die soon. though i would be happiest if they were reunited in Tekkadan

How is it stupid? It's war, everyone who is not on your side is the enemy.

Their hate is justified towards those who kill their comrades, regardless of their hypocrisy in attacking first or not.
Dec 13, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
holy crap it's his little brother shit man that enemy dude looks like an orc
Dec 13, 2015 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
that pirate commander piloting the frog gundam looks ridiculous haha.
Barbatos makes a nice entrace, but those frogs arent that easy to defeat.
Dec 13, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
Ein said:

Dude... she's 9.

"Marrying then sex, is that what you have in mind? You can marry her yet wait for her to "grow" up.

There were instances that marriage is just political reason and no actually sex necessary.
#CHEXIT
Dec 13, 2015 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Masahiro and the others join Tekkadon
Dec 13, 2015 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Samhiuy said:

ex_necross said:

Short and inconclusive? I think you should stick to watching animes with the "monster of the week" format. It was well-paced and realistic. It also kept people on the edge (for those that actually cares for the characters, which is everyone but you) because no one knows whether Takaki will die or live. There is no need for the battle to conclude now. Also, what do you want? The Tekkadan annihilating the Brewers in one episode? HAHAHAHAHA. I wouldn't want the anime if you were the scriptwriter.

Calm down, kid. Stop trying to make Gundam out to be realistic when it isn't. The closest to realistic that we have gotten in Gundam is 08th MS Team and IGLOO, but since you haven't even see those, I'd suggest you keep quiet. Also, look up the dictionary definition of "inclusive" as well as "short" :^)
Dec 13, 2015 3:25 PM

Jan 2009
wut they got nanomachine technology? why they did not include to the development of Gundams so that we can see some self-repairing and possible self-evolving Gundam for once, make it happen Sunrise and Bandai!

Dec 13, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2008
I've been wondering about that as well, only G Gundam had a self repairing MS. Also, a similar machine existed in 00.

Dec 13, 2015 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
j0x said:
wut they got nanomachine technology? why they did not include to the development of Gundams so that we can see some self-repairing and possible self-evolving Gundam for once, make it happen Sunrise and Bandai!
'

You must have completely missed the explanation in episode 2. The entire A-V system that is in their backs is all based on nanomachine technology. They have nanomachines that are placed through their spine into their bodies and blood. The machines help create a special lobe in the brain that increases spatial awareness. All of these kids that went through the surgery have nanomachines in their bodies.

It's not something new. In fact, it was stated that this system was used in the original 72 gundams over 300 years prior to the present day of the series.
Dec 13, 2015 4:59 PM

Apr 2009
A couple of the bad guys look like hokuto no ken fodder villains lol
Dec 13, 2015 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
And this episode confirmed mcgillis is full on 079 char, guy totally plans to try and overthrow ghallaghorn as char did to the zabis.

Good build up episode but i do dislike how akihiro's bro just shows up conveniently after he first mentions it, i also hope the show isnt stupid to kill off akihiro after his character really started to get fleshed out

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 13, 2015 6:00 PM

Mar 2014
wondering how many people will die next ep.
Dec 13, 2015 6:54 PM

Jul 2010
j0x said:

Metal Gear.
Dec 13, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2008
baoxiang008 said:
wondering how many people will die next ep.

This and gotta love how the ending fits into the anime before the episode ends!
Dec 13, 2015 7:05 PM

Feb 2012
j0x said:

Maybe they will, in the timeline after this one. Don't think all nanomachines have the same capabilities.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 13, 2015 9:02 PM
Jul 2012
[quote=ex_necross
Calm down, kid. Stop trying to make Gundam out to be realistic when it isn't. The closest to realistic that we have gotten in Gundam is 08th MS Team and IGLOO, but since you haven't even see those, I'd suggest you keep quiet. Also, look up the dictionary definition of "inclusive" as well as "short" :^)[/quote]

I'm saying that is realistic in one of its aspect, not that it is entirely realistic. I think you need to use your brain more, kid. Also, I didn't really comment on the "short" part even though I quoted it. In regards to the word "inconclusive", I think you need to use spell check first before replying. Everyone knows the definition of it, but you're attaching negative connotations to it. Maybe you should learn what "context" is? Do you not know the implications of your own words? I suggest you keep quiet if you can't say anything that makes sense.
Dec 13, 2015 9:16 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh Char, even in this universe there is still a loli who goes after you

I hope Lafter would develop romantic relationship with Akihiro :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 13, 2015 9:20 PM

May 2009
Stark700 said:
[b]

The "I'm going to violate you!" face.

So solid shells/ammunition cannot touch Gusion. Does that mean we'll see Beam weaponry now?

Ein said:
Hoppy said:

Dude... she's 9.

It's a political marriage most likely.
ArvsmageddonDec 13, 2015 9:24 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.