Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2015 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol they even got curry in that weird place/world they are.

Yeah I find the world fiction of the series to be still strange although curious. I'm somewhat surprised at seeing Do Mon lash out this episode. Seems like the buildup is really escalating further now and Sogo's mom seems to have discovered the Lucifer crystal. Poor Ena though D:

Sogo's connection in that other realm was a bit of an odd development and the info dump about Felia and Moura was kinda interesting. About time we find out why others are after her.
Stark700Nov 22, 2015 6:26 AM
Nov 22, 2015 6:33 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
suddenly mumbo jumbo
Nov 22, 2015 6:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode yet IMO. I'm more interested in what Do Mon will do.

Visuals were pretty.
Nov 22, 2015 7:02 AM

Sep 2010
Once Ena spoke, I just had a feeling Mamiko Noto was her voice! She was really cute. It pained me so much when she got kicked in the face from trying to stop the Lucifer crystals being stolen. The [i[Comet Lucifer[/i] staff just had to add a fire and funeral in the mix too. It's no wonder Do Mon feels regret over not being able to save Ena and decides to care for Sougo.

We also learn about Felia and Moura's origins. Moura is a girl! In the end, Sougo, Moura, and Felia decide to go by themselves to the Altar of Abyss. From the name of the place, I don't think this situation is going to end well.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 22, 2015 7:09 AM

Aug 2013
I don't think that it will have a happy end...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 22, 2015 7:10 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Do Mon came outta nowhere. The story is actaully getting interesting with the whole flashback storyline. I swear Moura can be considered as a tsundere!

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerNov 22, 2015 7:15 AM
Nov 22, 2015 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
Am I the only one who finds Gus and Do Mon's past way more interesting than the main storyline right now?

Well, at least the main storyline seems to finally be going somewhere and doing something more interesting than before.
Nov 22, 2015 7:27 AM

Dec 2014
Quite the redeeming episode. Plot finally gets some direction and reasoning. DoMon's past was fairly interesting.
They all built the raft and now Felia and Sogo decide to walk xD
Nov 22, 2015 7:33 AM

Sep 2010
Lelouch0202 said:
They all built the raft and now Felia and Sogo decide to walk xD

Kaon, Roman, and Otto are going to catch up to them now. XD

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 22, 2015 7:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Do Mon is easily the best character of the series and seeing that flashback of his time with Sogo's mom was really something

I can tell that he fell in love with her and just seeing how he reacted when he caught the killer as well as how he treated Sogo was just really sad

I hope that one day he'll find closure....I guess this confirms that Felia will also be going away at the end too
Nov 22, 2015 8:14 AM
Jan 2015
That is Du Mon trying to hold a bleeding with his hands on the preview. Not a good signal.
Nov 22, 2015 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
Holy Mother Of Death Flags :O
Do Mon :'(

Moura's true form :O
The seeds of life explanation was cool.
Nov 22, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2010
If Felia somehow gets to stay by everyone's side that will be great. A bittersweet ending is most likely though, how she just has to go back to where she came from while leaving traces of her still being beside everyone. To wither away if she uses all her powers before reaching the altar... there would be one emotional scene if Felia could somehow resurrect Sougo or Moura using the last of her powers :/

Do Mon's backstory was great and toddler Sougo was adorable.
Nov 22, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
And there i was thinking that Moura was a male... Well it only makes things better :D And that Moura's blushing, adorable.
Nov 22, 2015 8:52 AM

Aug 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Am I the only one who finds Gus and Do Mon's past way more interesting than the main storyline right now?

Well, at least the main storyline seems to finally be going somewhere and doing something more interesting than before.

Agree with you.

Nice to see some of DO Mon's past and we see Sogo's mom and how she dies.
Nov 22, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 2015
danieltortoisee said:

Completely agree. It's still just kind of average or slightly above average, but the explanations (finally!) and side character plots are saving everything right now.
Nov 22, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
lol a angel in the begin

Nov 22, 2015 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
I cringed a lot this episode. All this space-type explanation stuff really didn't make me like it more.
Nov 22, 2015 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
Felia origina. Human form, or something, Maura. Do Mon past. Very good chapter.
Just in this episode I realized Felia style is based on a fairy. (Noob for me)
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 22, 2015 10:26 AM

Feb 2013
danieltortoisee said:

Totally agree with you, the guy is way more interesting that any of our main leads. His whole past as a soldier, his developing love for a professor. The fact that he couldn't protect her when she needed it most, and then finding her killer. And also, there's the issues of abandonment that Gus has with Don Mon, and then Sogo being a reminder of Don Mon's failure. It's so much involved in the story.
Nov 22, 2015 10:29 AM

Sep 2015
Is it just me or is Do Mons past right now more interesting than the actual story?
Edit: ok i´ve read the posts, a lot of you think it is.
That aside, one of the better episodes so far and i hope the following will be as good or even better.
I realised there is a minor plot hole, Felia, Sogo and Moura leave to the altar by foot even thoug the reason they buildt the raft was to get there. If they could just walk why would they even build a raft in the first place?
They went full evangelion on the whole seeds of life thing with all life being born from these seeds.
Also Do Mon might be old but is still the most badass character in this series. I just hope Agent Honeybee will switch sides so she can get it on with him ;)
AcridineNov 22, 2015 10:36 AM
Nov 22, 2015 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
WE LEARNED SOMETHING ABOUT FELIA! FINALLY!

So, a plot-relevant episode of Comet I legitimately like. I'm shocked to say that as well.
Nov 22, 2015 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
I enjoyed the Do Mon related revelations quite a bit this week. I hope he isn't killed next week. The Felia ones were tired and cliche. Is there anyway this doesn't end with her disappearing?
Nov 22, 2015 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
Meh...no fighting haha
Well new enemy? going to be fun then.
Nov 22, 2015 12:02 PM

Nov 2014
Finally some story building, i would say it was a very correct episode, maybe it's gonna be more straight in these last episodes.
Nov 22, 2015 12:19 PM
Apr 2011
Sogo does not deserve to be MC lol. Do Mon or Roman should take his place.
Nov 22, 2015 12:43 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
FINALLY
A GOOD EPISODE
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 22, 2015 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
Damn , the way sogo's mother died is just too horrible.
More story about their world too and it looks interesting to me.
and i really want to know why Sogo's mother named the crystal Lucifer.
Hope they will give an explanation for that one.
Nov 22, 2015 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
well surprisingly a good episode.

and guaranteed those guys gonna come back in that mech later, just watch.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Nov 22, 2015 2:44 PM

Dec 2014
So, anyone else shipping Moura and Sogo now?

danieltortoisee said:

Nope, I feel the same way.
Nov 22, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
well that was a suprisingly good episode and Do Mon past is quite interesting
Nov 22, 2015 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
We learned more about Felia.

RIP, Sogo's mom!
Nov 22, 2015 4:47 PM
Mar 2014
Is it just me or does it seem a bit strange that an entire military division is having so much trouble in capturing what's essentially a bunch of teenagers?
Nov 22, 2015 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
I just face-palmed so hard when Moura went tsundere.
Nov 22, 2015 8:48 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode yet, no doubt. The details regarding the backstory are hazy (I'm not sure if they're supposed to be or I'm just not paying enough attention) but I loved it all the same. Do Mon best character all of a sudden.

So, uh, if Felia is Gift's angel? Doesn't that mean it will fall into catastrophic ruin if she dies?

And we don't actually know this bureau or whatever wants to kill her, either.

danieltortoisee said:

Definitely.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 22, 2015 10:51 PM

Aug 2013
Do Mon was a badass.

I think I got a boner when he stone-cold killed the guy who killed Ena and then just unloaded his clip into the dead body.

I'm really interested to see where Gus and Do Mon's relationship split, and why Gus is acting the way he is.

They established that Do Mon quit after the op where Ena died. He was a soldier who'd seen some shit, but after losing the one person he promised to protect whom he actually cared about, to the same guys he was trying to stop was too much for him to bear.

So now I'm curious to see why Gus has that mixture of idolizing him and hating him, with that line of "I'm still fighting my war".

MOURA CONFIRMED A GIRL! Lol that was interesting.

So bread making girl was Honeybee. Idk what Do Mon did to her, but now she was sitting in her house like a vegetable, not reacting to anything. It's not like he tied her up either.

A lot of helpful info this episode, which still raises questions.

So all life in the universe starts when "seeds" descend onto a habitable planet and create an angel. This angel represents the very life and vitality of the planet (which they sort of already touched on before). Felia is essentially the core of the planet. When she dies, it's pretty obvious the planet will go to shit.

They still haven't fully explained the redstone/Lima/Lucifer yet.
- Felia basically came from outer space as a seed. Perhaps that "seed" was actually a giant comet of the red stone? That would explain the title Comet Lucifer. The comet was the seed/red stone, and it's named Lucifer.

They also said before that this Lucifer came from space and could be an alternative energy source from Gift.

My theory is that the seed of Lucifer came down on the planet and created Felia as the angel. Since she is basically a manifestation of the Lucifer, I'm guessing that the Alter where she needs to replenish her powers is made of Lucifer. Lucifer is the energy source that feeds and replenishes the core/angel = Felia.

The government wants to get ahold of this because they want a new energy source. I'm going to guess that the catch here is that they cant have without consequence. If they get ahold of this Lucifer and harvest it, then Felia wont be able to restore herself and the planet will die.

The only two things I'm not sure about revolve around Ena. First, it looked like she was able to grow Lucifer stones. She was working on experiments and formulas and shit. One time out of her space microwave pops out small bits of Lucifer stone and she says "I did it". Like she was able to create it.

The second thing is that she was super confident, and positive that the Lucifer stone would help the world achieve greater things. And her attitude implied that she isn't the type of person who would have any interest in destroying the world; she seemed like a truly caring person. The wheelchair telescope guy has the same ideals since he knew her, but he also seems to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He would definitely kill Felia.

So I'm wondering, because of Ena's research and attitude, if there is a way to make Lucifer become a renewable/creatable resource.

I feel confident in both of my guesses, but I'm not sure how they'd fit together.
1. Felia was born from the red stone (Comet Lucifer) and is the lifeline of the planet. She get's her powers from the Alter/Lucifer, and without it, she/planet would die.
2. Ena was able to create small Lucifer stones, and believed that Lucifer was a new energy source that would open the path for advancement and growth of the planet.

I'm sure this will be answered soon enough though.
Nov 23, 2015 12:06 AM
Dec 2014
Finally an episode with some good pacing/plot development! Best episode since the one they fought to get Felia back.
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Nov 23, 2015 1:00 AM
Sep 2015
Do Mon is DA MAN
dayum! he is brutal
wasted a clip on a dead guy
you can feel his hate and revenge in those shots
but i have a bad feeling that Do Mon might die i hope not

sougo x mo ura XD
jucheckNov 23, 2015 1:10 AM
Nov 23, 2015 1:21 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This suddenly turned dark for a moment. Do Mon mah hero

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 23, 2015 3:29 AM

Mar 2009
Oh, hey! We actually got some explanations in this episode. I'd say this was a half-decent episode, finally!

And of course Moura is actually a girl. Because anime. :D
Nov 23, 2015 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
I think Do Mon will pull off some heroics, but at the cost of something.
Nov 23, 2015 3:52 AM

Jan 2013
Well at least we got some backstory and more information to follow on. Do Mon was pretty cool this episode and looks like he's going to play a huge part later in this anime.
Nov 23, 2015 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
I feel like the puzzle is nearly or even completely done. It's nice to get some more backstory about Do Mon and Sogo's mother, although I'm still waiting for more info about Ms. "Honeybee". I'm wondering where they'll go from here; are they planning to stay on the run for the governement or are they planning to launch a massive counter-attack somehow? And what is Do Mon planning to do?

Also, that is why you have a pot of curry, to lure adolescents of all ages, including alien in origin, to a certain open spot in a magical forest, duh.

Nov 23, 2015 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
And the MVP goes to Do Mon, with that punch and his badass stealth skills. We need more of this guy.
Nov 23, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2015
This was a pretty good and interesting episode. Quite some things were explained and more things were revealed. I'm curious about Do Mon's past now too.

Nov 23, 2015 12:17 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great explanation episode. Holy crap, Maura is a girl?! I always thought she was a boy! But her being a girl is even better. I hope we get to see her human form in full. She looks totally cute.

Really happy we finally got explanations this week. It was something this show severely needed. Looking forward to next week as it seems there will be some more explanations and possibly some shocking revelations.

Sogo's mom was really pretty, it's a shame she died in such a brutal way.

I say it every week, c'mon Sogo x Kaon. I love Felia, but Kaon is best.
Nov 23, 2015 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
While I've been enjoying this series from the beginning, I definitely began to waver a bit around episode 5, but these last couple episodes really picked it up for me again. I definitely wasn't expecting the kind of side story we're getting out of Do Mon and such, and I'm very excited to see that progress along with everyone else's involvement. Glad I kept my faith in this series, and hopefully it will continue to do good things!

Also, glad to see I wasn't the only one that thought Maura was a guy. Don't really know why I'd assumed that in the first place to be honest...
Nov 23, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
what?!
a good episode?
is this real lief?

if only this series was this interesting on earlier episode..
and no dancing veggies..
Nov 23, 2015 11:04 PM

Mar 2015
Do Mon's the kind of badass that will not only sneak into your armored carrier, but will threaten to kill you with your own ID card to boot! Awesome. XD
Nov 23, 2015 11:59 PM

Jul 2015
Vanschia said:
and no dancing veggies..

What!? That was a great scene! D:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

160 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Mar 28, 2022 7:24 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

152 by syncrogazer »»
May 2, 2019 7:15 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

161 by syncrogazer »»
May 2, 2019 7:04 AM

» Why all this hate? ( 1 2 )

Franchowo - Nov 8, 2015

62 by Aplope »»
Feb 26, 2019 9:58 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2015

61 by haydnwright »»
Dec 1, 2017 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.