Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another crazy episode

The hostage part felt kinda generic and resolved quickly. I still find the comedy of the show to be a hit or miss at this point. Still a somewhat fun episode I guess. The action was quite colorful too especially when Emi got involved~

The ending had a peaceful feeling to it.
Nov 15, 2015 7:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dat Kikko reveal tho
Nov 15, 2015 7:37 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This anime is so over-the-top that it just feels weird and unorganized now. It's still decent by its own rights but idk, maybe it's not for me. Nice action in this episode though.

3/5

Stark700 said:
I still find the comedy of the show to be a hit or miss at this point.
Exactly what I think of it, and not just the comedy, but the plot too.
GoldenDevilGamerNov 15, 2015 1:21 PM
Nov 15, 2015 7:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The ending was sad in my eyes. Earth-chan dreaming about being loved by a family, when in reality she doesn't have anyone. That was kinda chilling.
Nov 15, 2015 8:32 AM

Dec 2014
Judas... Interesting choice for his name.

So he ended up joining Jirou for the sake of Earth-chan. I swear, the way this series teases you and acts like it never happened is unbelievable.

And by the looks of it, Kikko is being deceived as well. Great episode, and the ending had this melancholy feeling to it.
Nov 15, 2015 8:53 AM

Jul 2010
Kind of thought that the protest would've been some sort of nonviolent civil disobedience.

Earth-chan's choice sways the public to her side, yet her choice is based on whoever needs help the most. It definitely felt that Earth-chan wanted to be human, at least without the distinction of what constitutes a human and a machine. The reason why she appeared the way she did in her dream, it does feel sad that no matter what she yearns, there is no one there to grant her wish.

That was interesting on just who Kikko is, and just who was that guy in the free zone.
Nov 15, 2015 9:04 AM

Dec 2014
We learn more about Earth-chan, which I find neat. (And that guy with the eyepatch was in the OP as well, right?)

However, next episode kind of worries more in that it'll be like episode 6 and focus on characters that will likely be forgotten about. A 2nd cour is mandatory if episodes like that are going to be featured. Ironically though, we do get a mention of the band episode via a line said by Fuurouta but not much else.
Nov 15, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2007
Burger-Meister said:
We learn more about Earth-chan, which I find neat. (And that guy with the eyepatch was in the OP as well, right?)

However, next episode kind of worries more in that it'll be like episode 6 and focus on characters that will likely be forgotten about. A 2nd cour is mandatory if episodes like that are going to be featured. Ironically though, we do get a mention of the band episode via a line said by Fuurouta but not much else.

When it was announced this show was already announced as two cour. So split cour treatment for this is pretty much guaranteed.
Nov 15, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2011
Kikko you evil witch! you ruined Earth-chan! when will you repent!? for how long will your evil continue!? you gave her dreams just so she would feel bad about not being human, so she would doubt her mission, and so you could manipulate her, like a true witch!

Burger-Meister said:

Are you for real? i have been curios for a while on when exactly they will cover a super sentai with a robot! and finally it is happening, plus we have seen those guys fighting in the background plenty of times, maybe we get a chances to know more of the guys in the freezone.

Also a dog eating a hot-dog classic.
DoomroarNov 15, 2015 9:23 AM
Nov 15, 2015 10:01 AM

Apr 2015
Doomroar said:
Kikko you evil witch! you ruined Earth-chan! when will you repent!? for how long will your evil continue!? you gave her dreams just so she would feel bad about not being human, so she would doubt her mission, and so you could manipulate her, like a true witch!

My thoughts exactly. Jury is still out on if she is truly evil or is it just her nature. Doubt Kikko seeded in Earth-chan probably was responsible for condition she was found in the future.

On the other note Emi is such a yandere for Jiro, but has desires completely under control for a change. Because her lack of presence in the future I thought that she is going to die and that will be turning point for Jiro.

After seeing more of her true nature I sincerely doubt that. She is way to evil and if anime told me anything yanderes live the longest.
Nov 15, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
this is actually getting better
Nov 15, 2015 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
Gezzas said:
Doomroar said:

My thoughts exactly. Jury is still out on if she is truly evil or is it just her nature. Doubt Kikko seeded in Earth-chan probably was responsible for condition she was found in the future.

I highly doubt Kikko is doing anything intentionally evil. Her little sidekick, Ullr, seems to be hiding some info from her. The fact that he was discussing with Emi how to end Kikko's crush with Jiro and when Kikko asked how he knew about how people emit a certain brain wave when they sincerely need help he dodged the question told me she still be in the dark about a lot of things relating to her

I absolutely loved this episode. I found Earth-chan and Judas relationship to be really compelling. Judas was genuinely sorry for what he did and wanted to prove to Earth-chan that he was a changed young man like he owed his life to her. I also loved what seemed to be a new bond between Kikko and Earth-chan. Of course, getting to know her was really great too. Seeing her dream of wanting to be human with a family made me feel for her in a way.
Nov 15, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2015
do everyone see the after credit scene? what happened to earth-chan? no , what is going on?
well , it was a decent episode , i guess, but a little confusing.
Nov 15, 2015 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode,
Earthchan and Judas story was actually good.
Nov 15, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
Tevens said:
do everyone see the after credit scene? what happened to earth-chan? no , what is going on?
well , it was a decent episode , i guess, but a little confusing.

Yeah, to be honest I did get a little confused this episode as well.
Nov 15, 2015 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
We are learning more about Earth-chan!
Nov 15, 2015 12:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, i really liked that episode.
and dat after credit scene O_O
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 15, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2015
Judas looks badass af in the year 47.

Really liked this episode!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 15, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2007
MFW Kikko is a Drug Dealer of Satan.

Mind blown. Why is this show so great?
Nov 15, 2015 2:54 PM

May 2015
That was a pretty sad ending.

Nov 15, 2015 3:24 PM
Feb 2012
first episode that has made sense throughout!
Nov 15, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2015
I like these episodes based on other characters outside of the department.
Earth-chan is something cute, do not know can be.
A chapter without time shift, I like that.
I hope that in the final battle (or end of season) fight all the characters.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 15, 2015 6:17 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode. I really liked this one.
Poor Earth-chan...
Nov 15, 2015 6:20 PM

Nov 2008
What a wonderfully bleak and bitter tale - Kikko may fundamentally be the most evil character we have seen yet.

And then there was that great epilogue; almost 5 years later Jiro is putting together quite a team there.

I'm loving this series more and more with each episode.

It's also extremely interesting to be watching "Concrete" right after "One Punch" - both are very good and very different takes on the same basic theme.
Nov 15, 2015 7:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
FatefulLove said:

Earth-chan's choice sways the public to her side, yet her choice is based on whoever needs help the most. It definitely felt that Earth-chan wanted to be human, at least without the distinction of what constitutes a human and a machine. The reason why she appeared the way she did in her dream, it does feel sad that no matter what she yearns, there is no one there to grant her wish.

I like what you said here, especially about how there's no one to grant Earth-chan's wish. I didn't think about why, but that's probably the reason why I felt sad at the ending, despite it looking like a happy ending. Earth-chan's situation about her sense of right and wrong reminds me of Fuurouta's, although it ended quite differently, since Judas interrupted Kikko and said that Earth-chan was right. I really like the way the theme of right and wrong is being explored through so many different ways.

The reveal about Kikko was definitely surprising. She seems like someone who's just trying her best to do good things, but I guess that's what she's supposed to seem like to not only everyone else in the show, but also to the audience.

Just when I thought this episode was going to be set in one timeline, it flashforwarded at the end. So Judas ended up joining Jirou huh. I wonder what happened to Earth-chan? Whatever happened, it made Judas join Jirou.
Nov 15, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
The scene after ED was so much hype for the 2nd season... or the end of this season.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 15, 2015 8:45 PM

May 2015
They kinda dropped the ball with the moral in this episode, I think...

In the first half of the episode I got the distinct feeling that it was going to be about not taking everything you see at face value. The robot girl is fighting for good, but can be misled really easily. Except it doesn't go that route, instead it's all about getting her to feel human emotions. She seems like the ultimate pawn: really powerful but not in control of her situation.

The central plot of this series is frustrating. We know that something is going to happen in the future that leads Jiro to quit, but there's not been enough buildup when it's past halfway. At the most, all we've had is Emi talking cryptically. You know, SHOW the results of her puppeteering, don't just have her say it.

The Kikko reveal was pretty great though.

Overall a good episode, but this series's episodic nature is working against itself.
Nov 16, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2013
So Kikko's witch powers are similar to a devil making a contract with somebody's soul, and she's also the princess of another dimension. Interesting.

Looks like her little creepy doll thing and that sneaky bitch Emi are planning something.

I'm anxious to see if they're ever going to get to the present day in the show and see how all of the events chain together. (by present day, I mean the 45-47th era or whatever). Right now most of the episodes seem to show the past events in the 41-43rd? eras, then the current events happen around 45-47th.

Like we know that Jirou ended up in conflict over the Superhuman Bureau over something. It's unknown, but whatever the cause, they are now enemies. Kikko and Furrouta remained at the bureau though.

The future events so far have shown Kikko chasing down Jirou who was with that giant superhero guy from ep.1 in his new body. It showed Furrouta dealing with the consequences of killing his bug queen friends entire race. Also showed that angry detective guy going full evil robot form and fighting Jirou, and we've now just seen Jirou and Judas teamed up like Lelouch and Suzaku. Apparently Earth-cha was damaged and locked up and Judas is trying to take her back and fix her.

Still curious to see where Emi and that doll thing fit into this. We haven't really seen any future clips that shows where and what Emi is up to after Jirou goes rogue. We already know we cant trust her because she disguised herself to help experiment on beasts, lied about lots of things to Jirou because she knew it would cause him to go against the bureau, and she's plotting with the doll...who refused to follow Kikko's instructions this episode.

Also, absolutely blows my mind that this show is barely scraping a 6.5, meanwhile OPM is at 8.82 and climbing even though it's probably the most mediocre show this season.
Nov 16, 2015 5:09 AM
Feb 2012
Jonesy974 said:
Also, absolutely blows my mind that this show is barely scraping a 6.5, meanwhile OPM is at 8.82 and climbing even though it's probably the most mediocre show this season.

It's because OPM premise is easy to follow, which makes it more enjoyable for the majority. This show however is confusing a lot of people, as has been mentioned, there is an overarching plot, but it is not being shown well enough, and just ends up being in a frustrating situation of it being mentioned, but not being shown in the slightest; the badly done timeskips in the first couple of episodes probably hurt the show's score too.
Nov 16, 2015 5:13 AM

Feb 2014
Earth-chan, is she supposed to be a reference of Astro Boy ?

I really love this episode, it felt like episode 2, where Earth-chan's view in justice is also black and white, almost like Fuurouta. But the difference is, whichever side that Earth-chan's takes, it always be considered as justice by everyone. This is quite problematic for bureau, since that means they can't make Earth-chan as enemy. Meanwhile Judas was fall in love (?) with Earth-chan, and completely believe that Earth-chan is true justice. So that's why he disagree when Jiro said Earth-chan's main power is from human's suffering, and she's a tool made for torturing.
In the end, Kikko needs to give a taste of "lie" to Earth-chan...kinda ironic, since Earth-chan hates Judas for lying, and she only finds herself at ease and peace when she's consuming "lie" from Kikko.

Everything kinda felt unresolved, but that was the point of this show! I really love how they connected the past and the future with same, unresolved problem.

And that ending!
In year 42 Judas and Megasshin team up with Jiro to save Earth-chan O__O
This show is so interesting!
Nov 16, 2015 6:02 AM

Aug 2015
that was a great episode and that ending.
Nov 16, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
finally a great episode after a while. Liked it.
Nov 16, 2015 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode, they play a lot on the psychological side of the characters. Very colorful as always. It's indeed a hit or miss, as said above.

Nov 16, 2015 8:37 AM

Jul 2007
gothshinobi said:
This show however is confusing a lot of people, as has been mentioned, there is an overarching plot, but it is not being shown well enough, and just ends up being in a frustrating situation of it being mentioned, but not being shown in the slightest; the badly done timeskips in the first couple of episodes probably hurt the show's score too.

Concrete Revolutio is not hard to follow. And the timeskips were clear enough.

Anything that is not explosions would confuse MAL people.

It's because OPM premise is easy to follow, which makes it more enjoyable for the majority.

Translation: OPM is nothing but random explosions and a plot on the level of five year old, so people are HYPEd for it.
Nov 16, 2015 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
The beasts are the ones who called Earth chan :'(

Kikko is ordered to rule this dimension XD her race must be overpowered as sht, good thing they didn't come :)

Earth chan was defeated and Judas lost his eye too it seems :( needs flashback.
ichii_1Nov 16, 2015 9:33 AM
Nov 16, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2015
I just thought this was a great episode, and my favorite so far. For some reason, I really like this Earth-chan character (that name is just priceless, as well her character design). The way she turns into a satellite whenever she goes to the exosphere to rest it’s just adorable.

”…If Earth-chan says that’s right, then it most be right…” ~people of the Earth

Anyhow, this was a much much better episode than the one from last week…. without a doubt.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nov 17, 2015 3:26 AM

Sep 2013
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be feeling, but this was a pretty great episode, and that after credits scene. I hope word on a second-cour is true because I'm really interested in what that era holds.
Nov 17, 2015 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
I keep watching this for reasons I can't put my finger on. I was excited about the initial premise but the episodes have been all over the place. The format of the last couple episodes has worked really well though! They delivered a really nice ep this week - there was so much going on yet the story felt cohesive and satisfying.

The color palette of this episode was especially beautiful. I was very taken with the Earth-chan sequence where she helps a little boy who is struggling to breathe amidst factories and smokestacks. The vibrant colors of the superhumans against the backdrop of drab factories and muddied air casts them in an otherworldly contrast. As the sky clears, everything becomes bathed in warm saturated tones creating an atmosphere where the superhumans appear harmonious with their surroundings. *color obsession pleased*

I enjoyed Earth-chan's story. I am amazed at how much they packed into this episode, all while having everything stay cohesive. Her character gives so much and cares so deeply...it is wonderful yet painful. It hurts to see her confronted with gray-areas, incomprehensible and yet something she perhaps must come to understand if her greatest wish is to help people. To understand what is gray, does it make one become gray..?

Oh no I went on and on too much...sorry. This episode definitely stayed on my mind for a while so...yeah. Many thanks for reading my ramblings. XD
Nov 17, 2015 2:08 PM

May 2014
Yooooo I really wanna know what exactly Kikko is, and I need more explanations.
No more crappy flashbacks! Or w/e lol :p
Btw I keep on seeing people talk about stuff that happened in the episodes but I can't seem to remember it.

zerorequiem_ said:

And by the looks of it, Kikko is being deceived as well

When did they hint towards this? :o
You mean by the red little thing?
KamSungNov 17, 2015 2:12 PM
Nov 17, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2014
What a badass clifthanger at the end
Nov 18, 2015 4:04 PM

May 2013
So the MC gets in the next 5 years somewhat like a bad superhuman?
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Nov 18, 2015 11:27 PM

Oct 2011
Earth chan's dream was destroying her
Nov 20, 2015 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
At the start of the episode I found Earth-chan's ideology annoying, no such thing as a clean cut of black and white. But then ending when she was alone and her dreams were sad.

What does Kikko do with the contracts after that? Doesn't she know she is royalty then? And what is her role five years later?
Nov 20, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
seeingsasha said:

What does Kikko do with the contracts after that? Doesn't she know she is royalty then? And what is her role five years later?

She uses the souls for her power. It was said in the episode.
She knows about mission(two episodes ago Ullr was bitching to her about her goal not moving along due to trying to go after Jiro). Its unknown if she knows about the souls part.
Five years latter she seemingly is still part of Bureau
Nov 21, 2015 3:41 AM

Jun 2013
I still don't know what Jirou is particularly up to but I believe if Earth-chan still stays the same, she won't be used by him or Judas to do their bidding that easily. Even if she did, she'll have an epiphany and rebel.

I think I found my new favorite character in this series: Earth-chan.
臭い-
Nov 25, 2015 3:54 AM
Mar 2012
Named BL? Ok BL mech'll appear 2nd time. Backstories of Kikko the princess ruler (but seems she's not aware), Judas, Earth-chan. It's nice side characters get development, but concerned too many coming & going would lose focus.
"Sometimes, people need lies/dreams" - Kikko
"the taste of lies..." kinda sad for the robot to dream
That flying in space was funny, a helmet, an old phone. Cartoon dogs & parrot!?
Nov 28, 2015 10:12 AM

Apr 2015
finally another episode that i really enjoyed. Probably i liked because there was a interaction between jiro and kikko and the new character they introduced was more interesting than in episode 6. I wish they could show more the main characters.
Jan 1, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2011
after hearing some words at the start of the episode, i ad some quite huge doubts about someone, so i decided to go spoil myself a little bit of the story of said character(aiming for a precise word i read/heard)

and man does it feel good to know what will happen in x amount of episodes not because of what you spoilered* but because of what you thought in the moment before.

*i mean, the spoiler will make it a certainty, but knowing you know before actually being shown that you do indeed know, feels oddly good for some reason.

i just like being right on uncertain things and matters.

also for those that are scared about a next episode being a filler let-down, try to remember that almost all of the characters we see have had an at leastsmall appearence in the first 3 episodes, or the episode before that one, in fact the music the crowd was singing could be heard troughout this episode's start as well on the radio.
kataklismJan 1, 2016 2:24 PM
Feb 2, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely episode again actually, I still got mixed feelings but well let's see what's next!
Mar 19, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Earth-chan is a really interesting character. Basically you've gotta ask yourself, what if someone bad hopes for help sincerely? And is it always good to help someone, even when the consequences can harm someone else. I think this was really interesting.
In the end, Earth-chan, Judas, Kikko and Jirou were ok, but the commotion between Earth-chan and Kikko distracter the protesters and the Japanese minister left. I don't think that being in DFG is smart. They want to make enemies out of all superhumans from space, making more enemies than were actually evil.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

71 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 10:04 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

106 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

104 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jul 18, 2022 6:16 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2015

39 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.