Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 14, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode felt pretty lighthearted and comedic.

We got some poetic artwork and shenanigans. I just find the culture of this series' society to be diverse. Oh and spanking of this episode...lmao, hilarious.

The ending was interesting, I expect business to pick up from here with the major figures of their city taking action.
Nov 14, 2015 10:02 AM

Jan 2012
FUJOSHI ALERT! Well that little princess sure was bratty. She deserved those spankings. And so our leisurely pace goes on...
Nov 14, 2015 10:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My god the fujoshi was strong with this episode lol

But my goodness Anju is such a fucking spoiled brat and is so damn rude.....I don't hate the girl but her antics kinda pissed me off. However RETRIBUTION WAS SERVED LITTLE GIRL (This is why I condone spanking your kids ladies and gentlemen) - Seeing her get spanked from the hot general was so satisfying xD

Lastly we got introduced to the other 7 generals and I must say that so far based off of designs, titles and names as well as what we saw from the hot female one, I'm very impressed and I can't wait to see more of them primarily the one that stared down Haku

TokoyaNov 14, 2015 10:17 AM
Nov 14, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2012
LOL @ Munechika reaction when she read the book....
Wonder about Haku's reaction when he saw Vurai....
Nov 14, 2015 10:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The ass spanking though O.O Munechika blushing wher reading the book was cute.

4/5
Nov 14, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2015
Huge fan of season one, the first couple episodes of season two, and the slower pacing of stories to allow for characterization and such so you actually care, but I'm starting to get bored now. At this point in time, season one was insane with still plenty of secrets left to be uncovered. There's no excuse why season two couldn't have done the same.

I do think Anju might be the daughter of one of the -ruruu sisters, though. Just a feeling.
GileonFletcherNov 14, 2015 10:43 AM
Nov 14, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2007
So we get introduced to more generals and we see more of the masks. Those who know the first story and what masks mean or where they come from, should have gears turning in their heads by now putting stuff together.
And one guy there seems to actually notice Haku and to elicit quite a reaction from Haku in the crowd.

And on top of that worldbuilding, we also get some nice characterization for the already established characters making them feel more real and tangible, showing them forming friendships and relationships.

Overall another great episode with lots of build and foreshadowing and setup for the overarching plotline.

GileonFletcher said:
Huge fan of season one, the first couple episodes of season two, and the slower pacing of stories to allow for characterization and such so you actually care, but I'm starting to get bored now. At this point in time, season one was insane with still plenty of secrets left to be uncovered. There's no excuse why season two couldn't have done the same.

Pacing.
Its better to do build up now and gradually build up to what is coming than do it the way the first anime did(short arcs of OHSHIT with SOL comedy episodes in between) and then have to rush the last part because you spent too much time on other things.

The first plot also started in a midst of war and rebellion, while Yamato is seemingly far more peaceful and stable than the place that became Tuskuru was at the start of Uta1.

I do think Anju might be the daughter of one of the -ruruu sisters, though. Just a feeling.

Except that Aruru and Eruru are in a different country as shown last episode and they were there when Kuon was growing up.
Nov 14, 2015 10:51 AM

Apr 2015
I don't disagree whatsoever ^, but I do wish they would give us something... it is action/drama, after all.

You have a point about the sisters. I'm just wondering when they're going to make their entrance.
Nov 14, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
LOL! Fujoishi everywhere. That ass spanking. But to be honest, this is getting boring. All we have so far is introducing new characters. Time to move the plot.
ZapredonNov 14, 2015 10:59 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 14, 2015 10:56 AM
Jul 2015
GileonFletcher said:

if you're wondering, the game itself is character building and interaction with during halfway, things starts to build up. Unlike the first game that was a complete story package, Itsuwari no Kamen's story isn't finished but one part of its whole story.
Nov 14, 2015 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
BlackPunisher76 said:

if you're wondering, the game itself is character building and interaction with during halfway, things starts to build up. Unlike the first game that was a complete story package, Itsuwari no Kamen's story isn't finished but one part of its whole story.

I figured S2 was going to be more along the lines of one massive overarching conflict, but that confirms it. I did enjoy the multiple conflicts that kind of built upon each other in S1, though.
Nov 14, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
GileonFletcher said:
I did enjoy the multiple conflicts that kind of built upon each other in S1, though.

Same here. Well, I guess we just have to be patient.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 14, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
I just love Atui's voice <3

Dat spanking XD

Dat reaction to BL XD

And....no Bath scenes O_o BLASPHEMY!!

Introduction to the Generals? Cool. Hopefully it'll start picking up soon
Nov 14, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2012
That new girl seriously pissed me off... And not surprisingly turned out to be the princess...
The country is going to suffer if she's the heir...
Nov 14, 2015 11:43 AM

May 2012
The worst episode so far. 1/5
Trolls are miserable and that's why they troll. They wish to make other people miserable so that they can feel better about themselves. They are also reaching out for the attention that they don't get in the physical world.
Nov 14, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
Holly shit... I feel betrayed by this series. Now I won't be able to expect anything good from any anime for a very long time. Sick fantasies of the princess in previous episodes were already cringe worthy, but I thought it was just the usual lowest otaku pandering that infested to some extent almost everything made now. But this... fucking fujoshi market.

I would never expect piece of shit like that in Utawarerumono. What happened to this title? Was something like this really in the game? And all that painfully predictable and off-putting crap going on later?

I can't believe in this Fall season of garbage the worst episode I've seen is in this series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 14, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
RURUTIE-SAMA! BEST GIRL BEST GIRL BEST GIRL! SHE UNDERSTANDS! (Munechika-sama too!)

<3
Nov 14, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2014
Seriously? A whole episode of fujoshi shit? What is the point? I thought this series was better than that; it disappoints me so much that it is doing stuff like this just to pander to otakus and fujoshi. Talk about bottom of the barrel stuff.

And why is it no surprise that the annoying new girl is the princess? Well, at least she got a deserved punishment for her spoiled brat attitude. I appreciate this series for taking time to build the world and characters and all, but this episode REALLY dragged. It felt like it was an hour long rather than 24 minutes. I really do hope the plot starts moving soon, as it is starting to get somewhat tedious.

Well, on the bright side, the introduction of those generals, especially the big guy who Haku seemed scared of (for some reason), hints that we might be getting something more interesting soon. Just less otaku pandering shit on the way please.
Nov 14, 2015 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
So much BL <3333333
Nov 14, 2015 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
I can see how the game isn't finished and basically already has a sequel confirmed.
IT'S ALL
FUCKING
FILLER
What the hell, I enjoy these bits but it's too fucking much at this point. Do something, anything, this episode is 100% irrelevant outside of the introduction of the princess, fucking nothing to take from it.
"The game is about building characters for the first half."
Yeah, some character development here.

And you have to be blind to not see that the yaoi writer guy is a general.
Nov 14, 2015 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
Episodes like this are hilarious because all homophobes rear their heads and you can easily recognize them.
Antanaru said:

I would never expect piece of shit like that in Utawarerumono. What happened to this title? Was something like this really in the game? And all that painfully predictable and off-putting crap going on later?

The first game and show had just as many things like that.
And even further.

Paulo27 said:
I can see how the game isn't finished and basically already has a sequel confirmed.
IT'S ALL
FUCKING
FILLER

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

What the hell, I enjoy these bits but it's too fucking much at this point. Do something, anything, this episode is 100% irrelevant outside of the introduction of the princess, fucking nothing to take from it.

Character development, worldbuilding and character introduction is irrelevant guyse! Get to explosiins!

And you have to be blind to not see that the yaoi writer guy is a general.

Which is kind of the point?
Nov 14, 2015 12:54 PM

Mar 2014
There's no character development or worldbuilding here, you're just fanboying over the show.
Go on and tell me what new thing we learned about the characters or how they changed in any way this episode, same for the world.
Hell, those 2 went out shopping together, you'd think this would be a good opportunity to have them bond together and become super mega tomodachis or some shits, end result? Exact same relationship, everyone is basically still just acquaintances with each other.
Maybe after getting her book stolen from Princess 3, Princess 1 would fall into depression and talk about how her dad isn't gay enough and she needs gays in her life and maybe Princess 2 could have helped her got over it by saying how her mom wasn't lesbian enough and she needs lesbians and bam, they are now BFFs and have fullfilled their role in the story by getting some development and at least managing to not waste an episode eventhough they are going to be irrelevant later.

Or, on a more serious note, it could have developed their characters at all by showing they are something outside of yaoi lovers, maybe they are anxious about their responsabilities as princesses or something, anything would do.

Yeah, character introductions are important but jesus christ, you're justifying 20 minutes of nothing to introduce your generic spoiled princess and show faces of some guys with their names next to them, whoo, intriguing!
I'd rather go back to the bathing, speaking of which, this episode did nothing with last week's, "oh yeah here's these characters you might remember... now forget about them again and let's go back to filler".
Nov 14, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2009
People overreacting because of the fujoshi part...lmfao, MAL users really never change.

I'm just going to wait for the next episodes to see if it is really the sequel I've been waiting for a long time, because until now I'm enjoying it not as much the first season and I really hope for the pace change soon.
Nov 14, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2015
Pretty funny thing to see that almost every show gets some sort of bitching eventually. This show will be 25 episodes, and we're at 7, already bitching over some fujoshi, lel. Well, putting that shit aside, I enjoyed this episode. I wouldn't mind to see some more of Munechika next, and I liked the princess. She was pretty fun to watch. That ass spanking scene was hilarious though.

Nov 14, 2015 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
They really gon act like that princess reveal was surprising? They coulda revealed her in 5 damn minutes, we all KNEW she was the princess immediately, it weren't subtle!
Nov 14, 2015 1:36 PM

Jul 2007
Part of me wants to hate the princess for being a brat, but I can't because ITS NERO's VA AAAAAAA
UMU gave it away

straggy said:
They really gon act like that princess reveal was surprising? They coulda revealed her in 5 damn minutes, we all KNEW she was the princess immediately, it weren't subtle!

Its not supposed to be subtle?

Characters being surprised =/= viewer being surprised.
AhenshihaelNov 14, 2015 1:43 PM
Nov 14, 2015 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Fujoshis are everywhere.
Nov 14, 2015 2:10 PM

Aug 2008
CookingPriest said:

The first game and show had just as many things like that.
And even further.

I wouldn't call that one (ambiguously disturbing) shot "as many". There wasn't a whole episode dedicated to or a character that would be defined solely by garbage like that.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 14, 2015 2:49 PM
Jun 2013
no bath scene 0/10.
Nov 14, 2015 3:46 PM
Jun 2015
Paulo27 said:
There's no character development or worldbuilding here, you're just fanboying over the show.
Go on and tell me what new thing we learned about the characters or how they changed in any way this episode, same for the world.

They introduced the Emperor's daughter, Anju who finds common interest with Rurutie in boys love fiction and learns the meaning of hard work. We also are introduced the rest of the generals and one of them is a yaoi fiction author.

Paulo27 said:

Or, on a more serious note, it could have developed their characters at all by showing they are something outside of yaoi lovers, maybe they are anxious about their responsabilities as princesses or something, anything would do.

I don't think they necessarily need to be anxious about their responsibilities and it is never explained what their responsibilities are as princesses. They could still be in training, on vacation or ran away from home like Atui.

Paulo27 said:

Yeah, character introductions are important but jesus christ, you're justifying 20 minutes of nothing to introduce your generic spoiled princess and show faces of some guys with their names next to them, whoo, intriguing!

It kind of happens when each episode introduces new characters and try to give previous characters added screen time. Slice of life and character development is hard to do when you have a lot of characters that are in different places in the same episode. The last episode had some character revelation and development because it only focused on four characters throughout most of the episode in one area.
Nov 14, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2014
Thought the episode was kinda slow, but alright overall I guess.

Lmao at that as-slapping xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2015 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
15poundfish said:
-
You basically proved my point, nothing significant happened and we borderline know nothing about these characters except for their fetishes.
Nov 14, 2015 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
This show is really shitty,but I like the design of the clothes and the comfy atmosphere.
Nov 14, 2015 5:06 PM

Jul 2007
Paulo27 said:
15poundfish said:
-
You basically proved my point, nothing significant happened and we borderline know nothing about these characters except for their fetishes.

Concession accepted.
Nov 14, 2015 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
Worst episode so far. So much fujoshi crap...
Nov 14, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2015
This series has a nice art style. This episode was about girls loving yaoi and being fujoshi. Plot no who cares. Princess reveal which was obvious. I'm really interested to see how they tie things with the first season. Pacing is just too slow nothing interesting story wise happening.
Nov 14, 2015 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
What do you mean there's no bath scene this time.
Nov 14, 2015 5:58 PM

Oct 2014
Zapredon said:
LOL! Fujoishi everywhere. That ass spanking. But to be honest, this is getting boring. All we have so far is introducing new characters. Time to move the plot.

You may not have noticed it, but they've been dropping numerous hints that scream "PLOT POINT" since the start of the series and haven't really stopped. Plus, you can only introduce so many new characters over the course of 7+ episodes out of a 24 episode run before it all has to start meaning something. I actually think the series has already closed in on that crucial tipping point between filler and plot and will start to really move, and soon. Just pay attention to how the setting has shifted in light of the last 3 or so episodes in particular.

Reverberate__ said:
Pretty funny thing to see that almost every show gets some sort of bitching eventually. This show will be 25 episodes, and we're at 7, already bitching over some fujoshi, lel. Well, putting that shit aside, I enjoyed this episode. I wouldn't mind to see some more of Munechika next, and I liked the princess. She was pretty fun to watch. That ass spanking scene was hilarious though.

HEY LOOK AT ME MY OPINION IS SUPERIOR TO YOUR OPINION STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE /s

Ozymandias20 said:
Worst episode so far. So much fujoshi crap...

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that you hate some running gags like this one but consistently approve of certain others, no matter how equally overdone they might be, all without treating their popularity and appeal as purely subjective matters.

This is why I hate the internet, and politics in general. People always getting worked up over one little thing and conveniently ignoring all the other factors just to make presenting their own opinions seem easier. Or simply for the sake of keeping their statements laconic.
Nov 14, 2015 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
Rurutie was just awesome
Nov 14, 2015 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
So they finally found out who that little girl's identity is if is wasn't oblivious.

Well that Anju is quit a trouble making young girl.

~Great episode!!!
Nov 14, 2015 8:42 PM

Mar 2008
Wasn't a poor episode, but yes, when a show stacks this much of the same SoL in a row, it can certainly come off as repetitive.

Given the rather ominous glare and introduction of major power players, we might expect the wheels to start turning a little more now. That said, I think by now we should have come to accept or at least expect the continuation of this current formula. One hopes it pays off the wait in spades.

Antanaru said:
Holly shit... I feel betrayed by this series...
This is definitely the same sort of SoL as the first series. Obviously, the major difference so far is the lack of warring, staggered character arcs, and flipping between SoL and conflict. If you think these sorts of events and character interactions were absent from the first, you might want to go back and rewatch.
Nov 14, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
LMAO!!! Anju got her ass whoop! Love the ending and can't wait to see what happens next! So glad this anime has like 24 episodes instead of 12 episodes.
Nov 14, 2015 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
There wasn't any bath scene in this episode, I think.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 14, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2008
GileonFletcher said:

Jsut an FYI Lore, the Child will have the same ears and tails with their mothers. So No, she's not the daughters of the sisters.

Also, Everyone remember Steins;Gate? a show that was panned for the first half and then the same guys that panned it, came back for the last half?
This is going to be the same kind of show.

Also this is not the first appearance of Mikazuchi. :P
kaimaxNov 14, 2015 11:01 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 14, 2015 9:30 PM
Jun 2015
Paulo27 said:
15poundfish said:
-
The show has not really finished introducing its characters. I would wait 6-7 more episodes before coming to a conclusion of the show sucking or not. Steins;Gate started slower than this show and its highly rated on this site because of the plot that happens after the awkward slice of life beginnings. I am saying the show is going to be better or worse than steins;gate but nothing has really happened yet to know the show is heading progressively towards the crapper like Comet Lucifer or other shows airing this season.
15poundfishNov 14, 2015 9:34 PM
Nov 14, 2015 11:25 PM

Dec 2014
that expression on rurutie.... priceless
Nov 14, 2015 11:25 PM

Oct 2014
Best episode?? XD

read from right to left
Nov 15, 2015 12:18 AM
May 2015
Wow Ruru is BL Otaku.

Anju is quite a handful.
Nov 15, 2015 1:25 AM

May 2014
WTF how can you compare Steins Gate and this Utawa...
Steins Gate was nicely done and even if the beginning was slow, they dont loose their time for 7 episodes on nothing.

This episode was really disapointing, they fall in clichés and generic things that you can find in a lot of bad animes (Seriously, BL's manga ?).
Even the first season was already far away in the plot, at this stage...
They introduce too much useless chara, and dont even work on them, unlike the s1.

Approximately a quarter of the serie just pass, and the plot stagnates...

I like the saga Utawarerumono, my hopes were really high for this S2, and even if the beginning is poorly done, I expect an enhancement for the fututre episodes.
Nov 15, 2015 1:37 AM

May 2012
This episode was really boring. I hope the next ones are better.
I despise woke people.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2016

85 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.