Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I'm starting to think the members of the new class has a lot of potential now...

Just gotta practice a bit more. Loving some of the metaphoric imagery though
_Ghost_Oct 23, 2015 8:37 AM
Oct 12, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
Another IN, and explanation to the system (long way to go until being official one). Wow, sudden surprise with improv. for first lesson. Those members with musical skills encouraged the one with none.

Oh, there's someone else, not that Suwabe-san's character, that the main guy's aiming for (Suwabe-san's character was awed at his solo performance last ep. not because they might be sempai-kouhai, but the performance was someone that main guy's aiming for, who he knows). It's the roommate's turn for IN. It seems like all IN are from SHOW TIME series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GunKqYZ1_xg / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIExleKOjKY). And it is for sure that the one who sung ED are the main five.

It seems like Hosoya-san's character wants main guy out because of not having musical knowledge.
tsubasaloverOct 12, 2015 10:18 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 12, 2015 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
I can kinda see that they have potential. Just a little more practice, and they'd be really good!

Oct 12, 2015 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
Both insert songs were good. Liked the first one more tho. The improv part was nice. Hope to see more tension as the series goes along.

Oct 12, 2015 10:27 AM

Feb 2015
This show is so fruity, but it's actually fun to watch. Both songs were good and the visuals looked nice.
Oct 12, 2015 10:46 AM

Sep 2014
Never liked musicals, but I'm really enjoying this. First musical thing I've ever enjoyed, to be honest.
Oct 12, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2015
It almost feels as if this is a female idol anime with male characters... Makes it pretty painful to watch at times. Such as during Toru's insert song.
This ship is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.
Oct 12, 2015 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
Kakeru is trying to get Hoshitani kick out of his team.
Oct 12, 2015 11:12 AM

Oct 2008
Oh man, I laughed so much. Whenever the songs come on... it's just so unexpected I keep laughing.

The improv skit was quite interesting. Hoshitani doing the whole thing with no plan but being so confident lol. And it was just amusing every time Kuga stayed silent - they're pushing the silent brooding guy image so obviously it's almost like they're doing it on purpose to get laughs. Actually, I suspect they aren't taking themselves too seriously too. I mean, those spinning moves and gaudy backgrounds during Otori's song. And as if they predicted everyone's reaction to the "Satisfy!!!" line in the Kaou-kai song last episode, they had Hoshitani wear a "Satisfy" T-shirt lmao.

This show is just too much fun for me to pass up.
Oct 12, 2015 11:31 AM

Mar 2014
Didn't expect Nayuki to have a song so soon. 10/10

The first dudes song was cringey but I think every scene with him in is going to be. The music is decent though.
Oct 12, 2015 11:32 AM

Sep 2010
Nayuki's improv was very good!

I wasn't expecting Nayuki to sing and it made me laugh cause the singing starts so unexpectedly. Just as cheesy and ridiculous as UtaPri when it comes to the montages. xD

I love this show hope the sales will be better than Shounen Hollywood at least I'm not expecting UtaPri sales though since there wasn't a prior fanbase from VNs cause if Starmyu keeps this up I really want another season.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 12, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
Nayuki's improve acting was really impressive; it takes some talent to be able to tear up like that on the spot... It's really too bad he has stage fight... :(

Hopefully, Kengenji will stop acting so superior, because it's getting in the way of them becoming more of an unified team. He's not even giving Hoshitani a chance... Acting is just one aspect of entertainment after all; judging him with this one assessment isn't really representative of his potential.
Oct 12, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
I actually enjoy this show. I didn't expect that.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 12, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
First musical anime for me.
Well, I like a bit.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 12, 2015 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
I really love the ending of this show...
The songs in this ep were not bad at all, aaaaaaand that "friend song" was totally unexpected. I smell shounen ai here! :')
Oct 12, 2015 2:48 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I understand that it's a musical, but the songs still come off a bit too random. Also, the performances aren't as strong as they should be. Even Shounen Hollywood had better ones, and that show wasn't a music-heavy one.

Oct 12, 2015 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
That improv scene was quite interesting; Nayuki has some potential. His song felt more out-of-place than the others in the episode, though.
Oct 12, 2015 4:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I liked the improv scene, it was pretty funny for the most part. Although when did Kuga give Hoshitani the paper, and when did he drink the juice. I mean I saw the juice next to him when he sat down, but still. Nayuki's acting was spot on.

And I agree that Nayuki's song felt out of place. OnoKen did a good job singing in the pitch of his character, although can't say that was the best song he's ever sang.

Tengenji really needs to get off his high horse. I mean yeah Hoshitani is kind of below everyone at this point, especially having no experience, but his attitude is annoying. I also don't really understand the logic of being in kabuki means he's automatically good at acting, kabuki and play acting are completely different. I mean they're not mutually exclusive, but I facepalmed when Kaito thought that.
Oct 12, 2015 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
Omg, the Murder Mystery Skit killed me. Probably one of the funniest things this season other than Osomatsu-san's Premiere! :P OnoK sounds so off in Nayuki's song.. Maybe that's because I'm used to his normal singing. Seriously, switch OnoK and Natsuki Hanae and their characters would match more :S Suwabe sounds nice in his solo, but I just don't really like the music overall. It's not catching onto me. Ugh, red head boy (Hosoya) ticks me off so much, especially at the end. Like come on, kicking one person out because he doesn't show potential yet.

Anyway, I liked this ep more than the previous one! Very funny!
Oct 12, 2015 9:27 PM

Oct 2008
tingy said:
Although when did Kuga give Hoshitani the paper, and when did he drink the juice. I mean I saw the juice next to him when he sat down, but still.

Actually now that I rethink it... Kuga definitely drank the juice before the skit began. He never opened his mouth for the entirety of the skit!

He passed the paper before they resumed the skit (after they paused when realising it was improv), that was shown on screen. I don't know where he got a piece of paper though.

ED and soundtrack release when?? I really want some of those BGMs right now ;(
Oct 12, 2015 9:36 PM

Feb 2013
Ootori should just tell everyone on the team that they were pretty much doomed to fail the auditions just to figuratively punch Tengenji in the gut and shut him up :P
Oct 12, 2015 10:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
komasan said:
tingy said:
Although when did Kuga give Hoshitani the paper, and when did he drink the juice. I mean I saw the juice next to him when he sat down, but still.

Actually now that I rethink it... Kuga definitely drank the juice before the skit began. He never opened his mouth for the entirety of the skit!

He passed the paper before they resumed the skit (after they paused when realising it was improv), that was shown on screen. I don't know where he got a piece of paper though.

Oooh thanks for the clarification. Clearly I wasn't paying enough attention. That means Kuga's quite the genius then, if he had been planning this before the skit began. Maybe he realized he needed to something interesting given that he had no lines on the first page. He seems like the most interesting character so far.
Oct 12, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
komasan said:
tingy said:

That's why Kuga is the real MVP.
Oct 13, 2015 12:07 AM

May 2014
The singing at the end was pointless
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 13, 2015 2:11 AM

Jul 2012
omg

CrotakuShinobi said:
The singing at the end was pointless
It's a musical, what do you expect?
Oct 13, 2015 2:25 AM

Mar 2013
Casually embraces a dolphin and then rides it as it flies into the sky on a stream of sparkles to show you just how much I like having you as a friend.

Also is the green Rapunzel one actually French or is this just some Nanette Manoir level shit?
Oct 13, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty predictable the way improv would turn out, had a feeling that note was empty. I wanna see more drama though, more more more! for now, I think my favourite char is Kaito. he just radiates swag
Oct 13, 2015 7:55 AM

Sep 2014
Really nice improv there!
But that guy singing at the end..... NO! Just NO! Im used to the whole me 'Cringing" to idol animes. But that is just NO!

Before the ED song came on, I just had my Yaoi thoughts popped up =D
Oct 13, 2015 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
Aye, the uke broke into a performance XD lmfao XD

The songs were alright, nothing great but alright.
Oct 13, 2015 12:58 PM

Oct 2009
Singing in an idol anime?? Unheard of.

Cute ep.
Oct 13, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my goodness I love this episode. I especially love when Ootori started singing and I actually clapped at the end. c:
Oct 13, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2009
Okay i'm gonna be perfectly honest. This show is actually pretty good and has a lot of promise. I was really hooked. At least compared to UtaPri which is beyond corny and a complete guilty pleasure. HOWEVER! They really need to stop this random breaking out in song business with the fancy backgrounds and shit.

I mean seriously...he was riding a dolphin. How can one keep a straight face? This isn't supposed to be a comedy. I mean i like the songs and i get its a musical as well but damn son...the fire blade? I can't xD
Oct 13, 2015 4:30 PM
Jul 2014
I'm surprised, but I liked this episode! The improv scene was interesting, there seems to be some good drama, I like the dynamic between the characters. Though the songs did seem to come out of nowhere, but oh well, I don't think this is one to take super seriously.
Oct 13, 2015 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
tbh i found myself laughing at times where i probably wasn't supposed to.. like when kuga suddenly spurted out juice or when nayuki broke into song and they suddenly faded back into hoshitani being like 'thanks :)' like the whole song didn't happen.

the first half of the episode was nothing too special but the improv scene was really cool!! finding out that the memo kuga gave hoshitani was blank made it even better :o

guess tengenji's gonna have an ep next week judging by the preview? really i usually would hate a character like him by now but he's such a dick that i'm having a hard time taking him seriously so it's actually kind of funny lmao
Oct 13, 2015 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah I don't really know if this is my thing. Probably watch one more episode but if something doesn't keep my interest sparked I'm going to drop. :/ Music and characters just aren't interesting to me.
Oct 14, 2015 4:13 AM
May 2007
I can't help treasuring the few rare moments I see Otori with hair down ♥

mayukachan said:
omg

I saw that made me want a Halloween episode or something really.
Tengenji incubus? He sure is the demon so mean I got a broken heart I liked.
Oct 14, 2015 4:42 AM

Mar 2012
This anime give me so fcukin mixed feelings, but I like it. In some way Starmyu remind me of Binan koukou chikyuu bouei-bu love! By the way all random singing scenes was hilarious. I think mainly about Nayuki's song after saying he is already Hoshitani's friend lmao
Oct 14, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2012
this episode again provided a couple of unintentional laughs. :p
Oct 14, 2015 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Liked this episode way more than first one. I like it more!
Oct 14, 2015 7:24 PM

Feb 2010
It feels really awkward when they randomly break into song.
Oct 14, 2015 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
AOTS 10/10
PERFECTION
Oct 15, 2015 1:47 AM

Oct 2011
Nayuki's song <3333333
Oct 15, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2010
Why is this so underrated? I just. I facepalm every time MAL stupidly underrates stuff like this just because the cast consists of male characters which don't fulfill their "manliness" requirements. Like who even cares about that. As long as its entertaining, it should be rated nicely.
Oct 15, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
A fine episode... I think. The songs came really unexpected.
Oct 15, 2015 1:30 PM

Jun 2008
Superb acting.
I'm starting to like the characters more :3
Oct 15, 2015 5:38 PM

Oct 2010
That was a cute episode.
This show seems to be starting out alright, hopefully it'll keep it up.

Kuga seems like best boy material.
Oct 16, 2015 10:51 PM

Sep 2013
Not bad. I liked the improv acting scene and the insert songs are pretty catchy. The only thing this series needs to really work on is the 'dancing' which they are so fond of. Both in terms of choreography and animation.
Oct 18, 2015 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
TragicRomance said:
Why is this so underrated? I just. I facepalm every time MAL stupidly underrates stuff like this just because the cast consists of male characters which don't fulfill their "manliness" requirements. Like who even cares about that. As long as its entertaining, it should be rated nicely.

You seriously need a prize.

Yeah anime with mostly guys in it get terrible ratings, and this is coming from a girl who mainly watches anime with girls. XD

People these days are picky-pants. XD
Oct 19, 2015 8:50 PM

Aug 2007
I like this more than I should, I'll admit it. The improv was cool and Kuga cracks me up with his '...' ways. It's particularly great when everyone is getting so worked out and he is all '...' through it all. I can't wait to see him burst into a song, randomly, it will be glorious all around.

Nayuki's song came completely out of nowhere, which I suspect will a staple of this show, but the visuals were weirdly compelling. How often do you see a guy riding a dolphin through the sky and singing about friendship?

Overall, I think I like this better than UtraPri if only because there is no Nanami. Now, Nanami is still better than most self-insert mandatory female otome game character (that girl from Amnesia being the absolute worst) but she still feels a bit out of place and the way every single guy ends up floored by her ends up getting really tedious.

At least here they ditched the female character entirely, no loss there, the MC is still the starry eyed, 'gotta-try-harder' kind of character but at least there is more room for his interaction with the other members of the cast making sense as they are all part of the same team.
Oct 25, 2015 3:54 PM
Aug 2015
ummm, when did the title change from High School Star Musical to Starmyu?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2015

50 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Best Boy

Heiize - Oct 31, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 19, 2022 5:56 PM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 14, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:06 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 7, 2015

31 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Poll: » Starmyu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2015

46 by Serafos »»
Mar 16, 2022 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.