Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2015 2:57 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Boruto understanding that having a dad is better than none. Didn't like him wearing Naruto's jacket but his right arm bandage was cool.

Oh and Sarada blush at the end was surprisingly cute. Mitsuki is Orochimaru's son WTF.
R4velOct 10, 2015 3:01 PM
Oct 10, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
Movie was really good. So much fun watching in a packed theater. Lots of laughs and some great action scenes. I wish some of the other characters got more screen time though.
Oct 10, 2015 8:22 PM

Dec 2008
Watched it earlier today as well.
It was a good movie but still had the generic shounen tropes. And ofc it ended with the rasengan. Aside from that though, I really enjoyed the slice of life, family dynamic and drama between Naruto & Boruto. Honestly, the non-fight scenes were what shined the most in this movie. I do wish certain characters got more screen time, but overall, it was a relatively good movie.
Oct 11, 2015 3:57 PM

Nov 2014
For anyone who was disappointed in the LAST Naruto movie and thinking of watching this....

Yes do it ! This is definitely the best Naruto movie (which is not saying much cause most sucked) and nostalgia did help my enjoyment seeing everyone as an adult and the final fight was good.
Oct 11, 2015 4:50 PM
Apr 2014
I enjoyed this a lot. It was really fun.
Oct 12, 2015 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
Best Naruto movie ever and I seen every single one. The action was off the charts even more so then The Last movie. There were also some comedy moments. Me and my friends had a good time so if ur a die hard Naruto fan you will not be disappointed.
Oct 12, 2015 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
The movie was really good :) I highly recommend it!
Oct 13, 2015 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
So great and nostalgic, definitely a creation for long time fans.
Oct 14, 2015 6:31 AM

Aug 2010
The theater I was in loved it. Everyone was roaring and cheering.

I'm so glad that Kishimoto wrote this; he knows the characters better than anyone. It mixes the more heartwarming family themes of the early series with the action of later volumes.

I thought I was gonna hate Boruto, but he grew on me. e had legitimate reasons for being annoyed with his dad.

Seeing Naruto and Sasuke team up was awesome, and reminds you that they have pretty good chemistry. I wish that Sakura got to do more, but she and Temari had one really cool scene.

The villains were lame personality wise, but whatever, they were just there for cool fight scenes.

The end credits song and images will give people the feels, I guarantee it.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 14, 2015 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
malvarez1 said:

Village East Cinema? I see you're from NYC too. We were probably at the same showing. I know right, the audience made every scene so much more fun.
Oct 16, 2015 11:26 AM
Jun 2015
When will it be on dvd
Oct 16, 2015 10:36 PM

Jan 2014
wzrd said:
malvarez1 said:

Village East Cinema? I see you're from NYC too. We were probably at the same showing. I know right, the audience made every scene so much more fun.

I was there as well.

NYC monday at 7 PM rite?
Oct 17, 2015 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
So i just noticed after 2/3rds in the movie that Sasuke was missing an arm, lmao cmon there must be some techniques in the world that let you regrow an arm or something
Oct 17, 2015 4:02 AM

Jan 2011
This was such a great movie for the fans. I'm so glad Sasuke had a major role in this compared to the previous one where he only had like 5 minutes of screen time. Boruto was pretty annoying at the beginning but I eventually grew to like him towards the end. The whole journey of seeing Naruto trying to bond with his son while being the busy hokage was quite something. The Kote/Science Ninja Weapon seemed like a really neat contraption but Boruto using that to cheat his way through was just not the ninja way. :P

The villains were pretty standard and overpowered. Although the action scenes were so ridiculous yet so entertaining. Typical shounen having such crazy fights. Naruto and Boruto charging up a massive Rasengan together was so great though. Finding out about Mitsuki's parent being Orochimaru at the end was so hilarious and I can't believe I didn't realise it since he does resemble Orochimaru and has the ability to stretch his arms. Overall 8/10
Oct 17, 2015 6:12 AM
Nov 2008
niyah said:
When will it be on dvd

The poster they gave out at my showing in Phoenix said late 2016, so if you don't catch it now, you'll have to wait a year. It's worth seeing in theaters, a very fun movie.
Oct 17, 2015 10:57 PM

Sep 2010
I loved the scene where Naruto was proud of Boruto for passing the second round of the Chuunin Exams. It was both awkward and cute that he didn't really know what to do in that situation for a moment.

It was also surprising when it turned out Boruto was actually using the chakra storage tool to do all those advanced ninja techniques. I initially thought he was a prodigy but I prefer it this way where Boruto, like Naruto, doesn't know everything at the beginning but grows stronger.

I didn't really care for the villains but the action scenes were amazing. It was also great to see cameos of all the characters. On the other hand, Konoha really became modernized as time passed. I liked that they have handheld video games and computers now.

I do feel sad that Naruto couldn't make it to Himawari's birthday celebration. That was an emotional scene.

Overall, this was 8/10. I wanted to see more focus on the supporting characters but I do like the relationships between Naruto, Boruto, and Sasuke. I agree with 0w0 (from the reviews) that Hinata and Sakura looked beautiful! (*≧∀≦*)

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 29, 2015 8:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay then, putting all of this stuff aside, I watched the film and I must say that this was easily the best Naruto film ever....However, since I already knew everything that happened in the film, I wasn't as hyped for it as I usually are for these type of things

I cba to go into full detail but I feel like this is enough to show how I felt about the film....Solid 8.5/10 for me
TokoyaOct 30, 2015 5:36 AM
Oct 29, 2015 12:19 PM
Jan 2011
This movie is damn good!
Oct 29, 2015 9:29 PM

Sep 2008
Where can i see Boruto?
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Oct 30, 2015 12:57 AM

Dec 2014
it was SUBERP!!!. 10/10
Oct 30, 2015 5:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hime-sama said:
Where can i see Boruto?
Pretty much all of the popular anime websites have it now but it's not in HD.....However the quality is good enough tbh
Oct 30, 2015 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
the movie surprised me a lot, it's really good, comparing to the other movies of the franchise it's way better in every level!

Oct 31, 2015 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
Wait I don't understand why everyone was saying naruto dies in Boruto..? He didn't? Unless I'm missing something lol...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
sn0w said:
Wait I don't understand why everyone was saying naruto dies in Boruto..? He didn't? Unless I'm missing something lol...

He doesn't but the trailers hinted at the possibility.
Nov 1, 2015 4:10 AM

Dec 2014
Nice movie...

But is Rock Lee and Tenten a couple? :)
Nov 1, 2015 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Sarada's question to mitsuki in the last scene made my day "Is he your dad or your mom?"

Great movie Hinata never changed she'll throw her life just to save naruto too bad it didn't show. Really love that side of her.
Nov 2, 2015 10:08 AM

Feb 2012
Best Naruto movie bar none, the Hokage scene with Sasuke and Boruto and the Father and Son Rasengan scene was some of the best scenes in the entire franchise.

9/10 and its shame this is Kishi's last work(for now).
Nov 3, 2015 6:08 PM
Sep 2015
I think my only problem with the show was hinata felt separated from her peers. Like u never saw her with them. Even st the exams. Ino, sakura, and temari sat together and hinata was off on a empty area
Nov 4, 2015 4:29 PM
May 2015
apexunleashed said:
I think my only problem with the show was hinata felt separated from her peers. Like u never saw her with them. Even st the exams. Ino, sakura, and temari sat together and hinata was off on a empty area
I don't know why kishimto did that maybe to show Hinata a loner while the others aren't.
Nov 8, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
testamentKAISER said:
Nice movie...

But is Rock Lee and Tenten a couple? :)

Woow theyy.. a couple didn't expect that
Nov 9, 2015 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
Watched this earlier, really was quite nice, other than the really annoying scientist dude and boring-ish villain.

Fight scenes were really cool, Sarada/Boruto ship hints were cute.
Nov 9, 2015 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
I wouldn't mind a series out of this. Very good film.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 9, 2015 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
noice movie, so the 2 villains on the movie are the reason why Kaguya is building an army

and holy shit Kurama and Susano armor combo was awesome

and its cool to see that Boruto does not want to be a hokage, thats a nice change of path from his grandfather and father
Nov 12, 2015 11:09 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
noice movie, so the 2 villains on the movie are the reason why Kaguya is building an army

and holy shit Kurama and Susano armor combo was awesome

and its cool to see that Boruto does not want to be a hokage, thats a nice change of path from his grandfather and father

Bascially Madara with EMS and Kyuubi could've killed the villains in this movie on his own.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 15, 2015 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
Sarada got more character in the spin off. She is just a Boruto's fan and stalker here.

Overall, its probably the best Naruto's movi- oh wait, its Boruto's movie but whatever.

Nov 17, 2015 10:06 PM
Jul 2015
When will they have a HD stream of this?
Nov 22, 2015 7:45 PM

Oct 2011
Tenten and Lee are NOT a couple.
Watch the ending credits.
They show all the families but TenTen is separate from Rock/Metal Lee.

Also, I read on Reddit that lee's wife hasn't even been drawn yet.

Nov 28, 2015 7:32 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah.... HOLY SHIT! Mitsuki is Orochimaru's son. That is a freaking twist right there, and an ending too. what a good ending tbh. the song before the after credit scene was really nice too. OMG, i think this one is better that Naruto. Naruto or Boruto, i choose Boruto, but i hope they just end it like that. that is a good way to end Naruto series. The animation, the fighting scene was awsome too, and the drama..... HAHAHA i don't even want to feel it. Nice job, seriously. i think this is the only good seires from all Naruto series or movie. I don't have anything to say..... NICE JOB!!!9/10 XD.

i thought before, if they didn't told me who is Mitsuki's father, i will give it 7, but the answer was beyond my expectation. OROCHIMARU? FUCK SHIT!!! What a twist seriously. tbh, i don't really enjoy it well cause i watch it in cinema. i wish i can enjoy this movie just for myself......in my room....
YizelTroNov 28, 2015 7:35 AM
Dec 5, 2015 3:02 AM

Apr 2014
I had a few issues here and there but it was really good compared to the other movies in the franchise. The animation however was arguably the best I've seen this year. The BD/DVD are definitely worth buying this time.
KaiserNazrin said:
Overall, its probably the best Naruto's movi- oh wait, its Boruto's movie but whatever.

kek
Z4KDec 28, 2015 12:16 PM
Dec 13, 2015 3:40 PM
Apr 2015
Just watched in at the theater today, holy crap it was awesome. I loved it, hands down best Naruto movie. This is coming from someone that hated the other movies (except the first).

I actually enjoyed the "emotional" parts of the film unlike the usual Naruto movie's filler character formula or the hamfisted mess that was The Last.

The action was better than any film before by far. The taijutsu parts rivaled the Kakashi vs Obito fight. During the action I couldn't stop grinning, even during the opening. I was fanboying harder than when I watched the recent DBZ movies.

The only disappointing aspect (besides no one acknowledging what happened to Bee) was the previous generation's lack of screen time (Kakashi's era). Given the direction and goal of the movie, it was understandable.

I'd have to say this movie was probably the most satisfying serialized anime movie I've seen. While I would definitely enjoy seeing more Boruto, I would be fine with this as the series' true epilogue.

If they were to continue Boruto, I don't know if I'd want it as a manga given how the series deteriorated towards the end and the sorry state of the anime. Personally, I think I'd prefer a Boruto series of movies instead.
Dec 13, 2015 4:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
So glad they made another Boruto event for select theaters since I missed the first one. Watching a Naruto (well technically Boruto) movie in theaters for once in my life was so satisfying. But this movie made me really feel like I was saying goodbye to Naruto (Naruto's generation).

I cried like 5-6 times in the movie, probably more, idk, wasn't really counting.

I think what the movie did really well in (just like Road to Ninja) was the family aspect. I could tell how much Naruto's situation paralleled Kishi's. After watching the movie, I think I understand why Naruto told Boruto to call him Nanadaime in the Hokage's office. You can tell from the beginning that Naruto is still the same silly guy we know for the most part, like forgetting the third thing he was supposed to say for the last words in the interview. However since he never really knew how it felt to hang out with his parents and he's still the sane Naruto that we've known since the beginning, he doesn't know how to act fatherly. I think he wanted to be a mature figure (he was overworking himself quite a lot too, you could even see the dark circles under his eyes), so he's just a very awkward father. I mean he still dotes on his son, being fidgety and wondering if Boruto got through the second round, and trying to tell Boruto congrats. Boruto was also so cute when he was rolling around in bed after Naruto went to congratulate him >< But yeah, the family theme was really touching. As I said before in Road to Ninja, I'm weak to family themes, especially if it's done well.

Of course, special mention to the action scenes, imo Naruto never fails to deliver in this department, I love hand to hand combat, so lots of taijutsu in this movie made me so excited. Along with the iconic Naruto Shippuuden songs in the right moments, it was just nostalgia overload. Shutsujin is one of my favorite song from the OST, and it's not a Naruto movie if the boss battle doesn't end with Heaven Shaking Event. I agree though that the villains were sort of whatever, but I guess it gave closure to the whole Kaguya ordeal. They were pretty much just a tool to for the father and son to understand each other. Man that rasengan at the end though, SO MANY FEELS, along with what Sasuke said to Boruto earlier in the movie. The Sasuke and Boruto combo too was reminiscent of the Naruto-Sasuke pretty much first ever combo when they faced Zabuza the first time, because Sasuke's "sword" was actually Boruto in disguise.

I really loved the moments between Naruto and Sasuke as well, them just conversing like normal friends. Their teamwork was great too in the final battle.

I think another theme of the movie was about generation gap, shown by the crazy progression in technology as well as the level of motivation to train (I guess that's mostly Boruto though). Naruto's "backstory" that Boruto doesn't know about reminds me of how my uncle told me that he worked really hard to get to where he's at. Sometimes kids really don't know much about their parents, and I think it's important to know who they were since it gives a lot of insight to who they are now. Which is why Sasuke told Boruto that Boruto doesn't need to know who Naruto is right now, but what he went through in the past. I'm glad Boruto really understood that at the end and told his father that he doesn't have to change anything, as long as he has time now and then to tell Boruto about himself. Man I'm getting teary-eyed again just thinking about it. That smile Naruto gave Boruto before Boruto blacked out was such an emotional moment. I'm really glad that Boruto doesn't want to be the Hokage, he's right that he doesn't have to go after his father's and grandfather's footsteps. Instead, it's Sarada. I'm surprised that she's a fangirl of Boruto haha.

There were of course, comedic moments as well, they were pretty much all hits for me. Especially the Mitsuki parent reveal after the credits, omg. I mean I knew it was coming because I've seen gifs of it, but still so funny. Mitsuki telling it like it is, answering, "Does it matter?" to Sarada's question about Orochimaru being his father or mother XD I enjoyed watching the trio, I would love to see more of them. Reading Naruto Gaiden didn't really allow me to understand Boruto so I was more or less indifferent to him, but after this movie, I really like him now. I think the new generation all have their interesting parts. The credits was great too, even if it was just black and white drawings of the characters and their families, seeing older Gai-sensei and Iruka made me sad because it really shows that they've aged and that time really did pass.

I love this movie so much, I would totally watch it again in theaters if I could (although I wouldn't go to tomorrow's showing because that's too soon). I'd say it was the best Naruto movie as well, I think Kishi writing the scenario/script will always be good. This and Road to Ninja are my favorite Naruto movies. I'm still not over the movie, it was just that enjoyable.

edit: wow I took 49+ minutes to write this, seeing the person who above me sent the comment 49 minutes before me...
tingyDec 13, 2015 4:45 PM
Dec 19, 2015 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
Definitely the best Naruto movie ever!
Dec 21, 2015 6:07 PM
Dec 2015
Guys, I think Mitsuki's parents was Tsunade and Orochimaru.
But that is my fact only.
Dec 22, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2010
Sarada just had to ask if Orochimaru was the mother or father. That made my day. LOL

Overall, this was definitely the best movie of the franchise aside from the lackluster villains. Also proved why Sasuke was one of the best characters in the series, imo.
Dec 27, 2015 8:19 PM

Oct 2011
AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!

Boruto finally saw his Father was like

Naruto and Sasuke combo EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orochimaru spotted at the end XD
Dec 28, 2015 2:19 AM

May 2010
Holy shit...went into this movie with low expectations and got blown away :D naruto and sasuke part was fucking nuts..the music..the animation..the nostalgia..so much going on!
Dec 28, 2015 7:14 AM

Aug 2015
The movie was pretty good. The opening scene was great, loved the fight between Sasuke and Kinshiki.
Dec 28, 2015 7:41 AM

Jan 2011
this movie was good
Mitsuki is orochimarus son ? he told at the end ....
Dec 28, 2015 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
I thought it was going to be terrible, but it was really good. The only thing I didnt like was that they apparently didnt care enough to give Bee a proper scene, all we saw was him getting beat up and then a picture of him being OK in the end credits.

Dec 28, 2015 3:40 PM

Jan 2015
Son is just like father lol :D Both forget their lunches not only that when Boruto left with the 5 Kage's to go rescue Daddy, he reminded Hinata of a younger version of him. Fight scènes of Sasuke and Naruto combo were awesome.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 8-tails dead? 1-7 aswell then?

Aapjuh - Apr 14, 2017

2 by darkestTimes »»
Mar 18, 2022 9:36 AM

» What to watch first?

SouL_Prisoner - Jun 6, 2017

7 by nightscape94 »»
Nov 6, 2017 11:06 AM

» Boruto : Naruto the Movie?

LokoFive - Oct 27, 2016

4 by Abyhape »»
May 3, 2017 10:54 AM

» The New Gen

Tatyonna - Nov 21, 2016

0 by Tatyonna »»
Nov 21, 2016 7:48 AM

» How do you feel about Boruto's main character?

Alpha101 - Oct 19, 2016

26 by KingRequiem »»
Oct 24, 2016 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.