Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2015 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
moodie said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Even Detective Conan fillers are more interesting than this. Male lead is a boring as **** highschool students that gets to play the straight man role here.
Female lead's character boils down to "she's obsessed with bones. laugh at how weird she is. laugh. so funny. so unique"

Anyway, boring mystery series with so far dumb characters. Done with this if the crime solving aspect stays this dull.
>Detective Conan

watch out we got an elitist over here

That was uncalled for. I haven't seen Detective Conan, but this was indeed a fairly dull first episode. The second paragraph in Kaioshin's post summed up the situation pretty well. The character dynamic is a bit interesting, but that alone likely won't be enough for a mystery series.
Oct 8, 2015 11:01 AM

Feb 2015
Wow! This was amazing. I'm intrigued to watch the whole season now.
Oct 8, 2015 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
That was really, really good! I had highish hopes for this show, so I'm glad it's meeting my expectations so far!
Probably my second favorite non-sequel from this season so far.
Oct 8, 2015 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
I love it! <3
One of my favorites this season.
Oct 8, 2015 12:05 PM
Jan 2010
Why isn't this made by Bones
Oct 8, 2015 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
why the fuck did you make a close up on the dead cat i can't handle that damn the art is beautiful
Oct 8, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
LOVE IT! The animation and visuals were amazing! I love how Sakurako gets very childish when it comes to bones, lol! She's ADORABLE.

Whoever drew that dead cat.... must have broken their heart... ;- ;
Oct 8, 2015 12:55 PM

May 2015
Those visuals are fucking gorgeous, wow. Sakurako is sure something, and definitely an interesting character. That vast knowledge is pretty astounding. Impressive first episode, and pretty nice OST. I'll be looking forward to this one, it'll be good.

Oct 8, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
Liked it a long time since I've seen an adult protagonist and also strange, for what seems will be kind hyouka with cases of '' everyday '' one more to my list
Oct 8, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2012
So it's bone-fetish anime with character who thinks of bones as moe this time, eh? Have to say I found the premise of this anime and her "deviation" really strange.

The storytelling and animation was great though. And the music too.

It's just I really don't know if I can get myself to like something like this.
Oct 8, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
To be honest, I enjoyed 1st episode. That visuals - masterpiece. I like mystery so I'm glad that finally there's some mystery anime. Sakurako is interesting character. Looking for more.
Oct 8, 2015 2:42 PM

Jul 2011
this is gonna be one of the best shows of the season for me...so up my alley. i love everything about it...the premise, characters, visuals... *____*
Oct 8, 2015 4:14 PM

Mar 2013
It was an amazing episode. Also better than my expectation.
Love Sakurako and the 'shonen'. He really tied her nicely. :D
Oh, don't forget the bones. It's fantastic.

Can't wait for the next episode. Since I love detective cases.
Oct 8, 2015 5:12 PM

Jan 2015
Looking forward to this!
Oct 8, 2015 5:21 PM

Dec 2010
This was such a beautiful and refreshing anime. Can't wait for next week!
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Oct 8, 2015 5:32 PM

May 2015
This was surprisingly fun. I'll be looking forward for more of Bones and Sakurako.
Oct 8, 2015 6:37 PM

Mar 2009
That girl really likes bones.
Oct 8, 2015 6:44 PM

Jun 2015
Mormegil said:

It's kind of hot :3
Oct 8, 2015 7:13 PM

Sep 2013
She has a fiance? :(
Maybe he'll be killed and buried under a cherry tree ;)

The ed song was GOOD :O hope the visuals next week are just as good :)
Oct 8, 2015 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know if I like this or not. It's like one of Hyouka's later episodes, aka boring mundane episodes. Like most failiures of mystery anime, they throw the deduction in one go, unlike real shows like Kindaichi/Conan where it's laid throughout the episode in little hints.

The animation sequence is beautiful, I have to admit. This scene I mean:

ALSO HORIKAWA'S VOICE LOOOOOOOL KANE-SAN KANE-SAN KANE-SANNNNNNNNNN. /bye
Oct 8, 2015 9:02 PM
Jun 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
Even Detective Conan fillers are more interesting than this. Male lead is a boring as fuck highschool students that gets to play the straight man role here.
Female lead's character boils down to "she's obsessed with bones. laugh at how weird she is. laugh. so funny. so unique"

Anyway, boring mystery series with so far dumb characters. Done with this if the crime solving aspect stays this dull.

If he's as bad as that loser from Gosick, I've already lost hope. I could barely watch the show because of him.
Oct 8, 2015 9:47 PM

Dec 2014
Nice start. Sakurako is the kind of MC you don't see very often. I like it. :-)
I still am trying to accept that her voice actress is the same person that voices Meiko from Prison School. xD
Oct 8, 2015 10:29 PM

Jul 2012
Vox_Populi said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Even Detective Conan fillers are more interesting than this. Male lead is a boring as fuck highschool students that gets to play the straight man role here.

If he's as bad as that loser from Gosick, I've already lost hope. I could barely watch the show because of him.
Yeah, I hate it when anime does the weak male + bitchy female pair as the main characters, especially when the main female constantly abuses him.
Oct 8, 2015 10:59 PM

Dec 2009
Kuro_Kishi said:
Once again, Japanese police is useless
...in anime.

Reizo_Da_Firenze said:
Surya---__--- said:
I randomly tried this because I wanted good bone puns.
It ended up being another boring and worthless gimmick with puerile characters to boot.
Says the guy that hates and complains on everything he watches, and which spectations are so high that nothing can please him.
I have extremely high standards too, but doesn't mean i can't still enjoy the mediocre or crap. Maybe someone should think on that one.

Jonesy974 said:
DatRandomDude said:
Oh fuck.
Had to take a look at list too...holy fucking shit is right.
And people wonder why the MAL rating on an anime's page is useless. Because people like this guy exist.
Daaaaeng that list... that's a lot of effort to act like an ass.

Surya---__--- said:
PeripheralVision said:
While I agree with you on some points, your mean score is 1.9. I'd be damned if I didn't say you'd have extremely high standards.
I only use 3 numbers...
...Any edgy list can have low mean scores, it really shouldn't matter.

...Plus, it is fun to aggravate people, like the ones who kept replying on the last page, who jump to vapid conclusions and excuses just because I posted a dissenting opinion, rather than simply discussing the show or whatever.
Having fun aggravating people causes people to respond in kind instead of discussing the show.
Maybe one should realize one can dislike something but still understand it's value. Assuming one even understands fiction.

But really, you should all chill out and talk about thoughts on the anime and stuff in it, instead of just jumping on to say it sucks... :X
(Or that it's amazing for unknown mysterious reasons)

Aaaanyways, anime version of a tv show i never had interest in watching due to context (Bones), now gives me an excuse to watch the context...
Not a fan of stories that get into the nitty gritty like that, but it's well executed, and it's always great to see educated non-fiction-based stories showing face in the anime world to counterbalance the fanciful slice of lifes and the fantasies.

I'm not fond of this show, but Sakurako is a likeable character (even if not completely original at heart), and the show itself has intrigue. I shall continue to watch this.

Aerensianic said:
Surya---__--- said:
Someone like Watson was respectable, had charisma and evoked empathy.
The guy in this show has none of those. It doesn't help when their dialogue and chemistry is quite bland. His voice and design also sucks,
You might not agree, but this would be why I don't like him even if he is supposed to fit a typical paradigm.
The kid actually was her moral and ethical anchor during the whole situation with the remains. Not to mention preventing her from committing a crime (Tho I don't know Japans laws but in the US its illegal). He is the pure manifestation of "normal" reigning her in from stepping to far over the line. You can argue they could have made the character better (its only been one episode though) but that type of character pretty essential for this type of genre.
Everybody's gotta find something to bitch about. Sure the guy isn't a perfect edgy badass to suit your western preferences... get over it. Just remember Diethard's lines to Ohgi, ordinary people are important to the cause too. You don't need improbable perfect pair characters.
mayukachan said:
Yeah, I hate it when anime does the weak male + bitchy female pair as the main characters, especially when the main female constantly abuses him.
I might totally crazy here, but i think they do that because they like it in japan.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Much better way to start a work list than Aldnoah.Zero
What? Aldnoah's first episode was fantastic. Hit a home run that 'this shit is serious', the only way it was bad was that it raised the bar too high. This episode is a nice massage in though i'd say. Different strokes...

TheNaturalPerm said:
Even Detective Conan fillers are more interesting than this.
Detective Conan, if it's anything like how Magic Kaito 1412 is portrayed (extent of my Conan exposure), it's got a knack for being exciting sure, good entertainment.. but as soon as you apply some brains it's plots are really broken. It just does a good job of hiding them. This is not so majorly exciting, but it's quality.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
That said there was virtually no challenge or misdirection for Sakurako, though it's the first episode and lots of these kinds of shows are like "check out this genius" in their premieres as a sort of hook so I'll give it time for things to develop.
I like geniuses. Much better than dumbasses. I like it when people can use their head efficiently and impress you without the imaginary challenges to make it seem more difficult. You want to have a real challenge and not a rookie challenge? Make something so hard that even a genius has trouble solving it. Then the impressiveness is that much more. That's something i like about anime, when they want to cook up a genius character, they can actually cook up a genius character, not just a plot device cheater that puts a smart person facade on. Maybe it's because i can picture the entire thought process she went through. Try applying yourself when you watch instead of veg-ing. :)

I expect this show to be at least good at any rate, unless they exhaust all their knowledge in the early eps and whimper out.

All disembark the gripe train!
GenesisAriaOct 8, 2015 11:49 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 8, 2015 11:59 PM
May 2015
Oh another anime with a sotacon twist.
Oct 9, 2015 12:46 AM

Dec 2008
I’m rarely ever interested in an anime from the very beginning, and Sakurako is one of those rare specimen. The minus of the first ep. is the run of the mill high school guy(on the other hand, he seems to be just a sidekick fulfilling the similar role as Watson). I hope they won’t turn this into a carbon copy of Bones, and the characters will be developed on their own, far from the Japanese versions of Bones and Booth territory.

StardustReverie said:
Why isn't this made by Bones

And the English release having Emily Deschanel as Sakurako’s voice actress ; D

Edit:
@ the dispute above
Folks, that's an introductory episode, these tend to be rather bland, and the shows that begin with the first ep relying on either flashiness or "OMFG! We're pinnacle of the industry!" attitude usually turn to be average at best. Give it a time to warm up instead of calling it mediocre from the onset.
desuminatorOct 9, 2015 2:47 AM
Oct 9, 2015 1:50 AM

Apr 2011
Damn... I love Sakurako. Her design is amazing and her personality is top-notch as well. I also loved the sequence in which she figures out what happened with the double homicide (yes, I forgot what that is called). Of the 3 mystery-centric I've picked up so far this season, I'd have to say this is my favorite though Kindaichi is pretty close.
Oct 9, 2015 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Would have actually been better if the kid didn't exist

He's there just to highlight whenever she does something 'weird' and that gets annoying pretty fast
removed-userOct 9, 2015 2:21 AM
Oct 9, 2015 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
This was very good, looking forward to episode 2.

Oct 9, 2015 3:08 AM

Jan 2014
Mormegil said:

The main thing I got from this first episode was that that boy really likes shrimp.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 9, 2015 3:11 AM

Jul 2013
Wow. I really expected some boring romance and mystery, but this is above expectations. Animation is really beautiful and characters are fitting. I kinda got a feeling in the past few months that awesome female characters (without fanservice) that aren't somehow pathetic are rare and hard to find, and Sakurako-san looks awesome for know. If anything changes I hope it's for good.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Oct 9, 2015 3:54 AM

May 2014
The TV series Bones is nothing compared to this
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 9, 2015 4:54 AM

Nov 2014
this was so beautiful !! potentially could become my fave this season
Oct 9, 2015 5:08 AM

Apr 2013
visually really good, i like sakurako so far, great first episode
Oct 9, 2015 5:16 AM

Feb 2008
Excellent visuals, the protagonists look rather interesting as well.
Oct 9, 2015 5:30 AM

Dec 2010
...reminds me so much of "Hyouka" beautiful animation, mystery solving and an unlikely pair
Oct 9, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2015
Wow,I wasn't expecting much but I'm liking it so far. Animation is just wonderful and Sakurako is cute..in a wierd kind of a way,I guess.
Oct 9, 2015 7:45 AM
Mar 2015
I loved this. Beautiful visuals and music. Sakurako is really funny, interesting and beautiful.

Although one thing I don't understand is their relationship - did this first episode explain how they met? I don't remember it stating it clearly. It will probably be explained on in the new few.

This is my first ever anime that I've watched that's currently airing (and will be the only one I will be watching as I simply don't watch more than one show at a time) and I can't wait for the next ep!
Oct 9, 2015 8:08 AM

May 2015
That animation is awesome. Not quite Comix Wave or Ufotable but it's close.

In terms of the story, pretty good, though it seems like it could be heading towards "Sakurako is going to solve every murder because everyone else is too stupid". I definitely won't like it if she turns out to be a detective Mary Sue.

Male character's relationship with her is pretty baffling. How do they know each other? How did he start accompanying her on her digs? Why does he find her interesting? Hopefully this will be clarified in the future.
Oct 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
Not impressed.
Oct 9, 2015 9:13 AM

Mar 2013
weird idea but surprisely good :)
Oct 9, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
I really believed in something more intriguing, however I only saw two boys quarreling all the time; narration qunto less exciting than I imagined, the potential to do better was all right. An entirely different aspect of the quality graphics and set design, really very beautiful and well done. Good work by Studio TROYCA, the CG was top notch, satisfied. I hope can improve, because it would be an insult to waste that beautiful graphics for a stupid story. Color design cute.
Oct 9, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
terrablu2003 said:
I really believed in something more intriguing, however I only saw two boys quarreling all the time; narration qunto less exciting than I imagined, the potential to do better was all right. An entirely different aspect of the quality graphics and set design, really very beautiful and well done. Good work by Studio TROYCA, the CG was top notch, satisfied. I hope can improve, because it would be an insult to waste that beautiful graphics for a stupid story. Color design cute.

... You know Sakurako-san is a girl, right?
Oct 9, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2009
I can already tell that I'm going to really like this anime.

Sakurako is bad ass. :D
Oct 9, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2014
The synopsis is either a big spoiler, or a big lie. Both cases aren't too good... I mean "showing off his girlfriend"? What? I just hope it doesn't turn out into something like making her pretend that she is his GF in front of his classmates or something like that... and then the "fiance" appears and the drama begins... no such things please!

I am glad that the main boy does not always get caught up in the main girl's pace. If that were the case, it would have been an instant drop for me.

What would the main girl be considered? I think it would be something between a "kuudere" and a "dandere" if you really wanted to put a "label" on, but luckly her character is eccentric enough to not be considered a simple archtype. Which is a good thing. Main boy gets a little bit focus too (close up on his hands trembling when he suspects that the main girl hides a bone) and as mentioned he is not afraid to "talk back to her". There IS potential in these characters.

I wonder if this will be more focused on the characters or the individual mysteries, or something else entirely.

Otherwise OK beginning, but it seems too much of the "typical" holmes-watson mystery when looking at the big picture, including the usual detective novel police doing detective novel police-like things. I'll keep an open mind though and hope that it actually goes somewhere and the aforementioned potential actually comes to play.
Oct 9, 2015 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
Sakurako is already waifu material. Dem visuals, dat soundtrack, hnnng. I think I'll really like this.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 9, 2015 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
So far so good! getting Ranpo Kitan vibes tho
Oct 9, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2012
GenesisAria said:
mayukachan said:
I might totally crazy here, but i think they do that because they like it in japan.
A sorry excuse for poor writing, then.
Oct 9, 2015 1:46 PM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:
GenesisAria said:
A sorry excuse for poor writing, then.

At least the male character here is not "afraid to talk back" like in most other such combinations I have seen. If he was, it would have been an instant drop right here.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.