Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Phew close one. So it looks like Falangies came and just on time...

I kinda felt bad for Etoile though and I guess some of the awkward moments between her and Arslan were expected since they did have a history together lol

Nice song used though in this episode. Always felt that this series' music was well done.
Not much action though for a finale except some coming from Silver Mask. Overall a good show imo. Really captured the thrills of a war story. 8/10.

Also I kinda feel like the birth of that baby is a symbol of hope.
Sep 27, 2015 1:41 AM

Nov 2007
I actually enjoyed the series so much. And it seems like the story would continue. Hoping for sequel.

And sequel news from another anime!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 27, 2015 2:38 AM
Mar 2015
WOOO! 2nd Season of Nanatsu No Taizai announced!
Sep 27, 2015 2:55 AM

Jan 2015
Nice finale. Hoping that we get a S2.

Looks like the OTP is alive and well, even if it will be a bumpy road.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 27, 2015 2:56 AM

Mar 2013
KilluaX4 said:
WOOO! 2nd Season of Nanatsu No Taizai announced!

tsubasalover said:

Was that really worth it bringing up in a random thread?
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Sep 27, 2015 3:08 AM

Feb 2015

Arslan and Etoile's interactions were really cute. I'm glad the misunderstanding about the old count's death was cleared up. Etoile's starting to understand why Arslan is so loved by his followers and I hope she'll join his side soon.

Glad to see Gieve back. It was a satisfying ending for me though there are still a lot of unanswered questions and unresolved issues with regards to Arslan's paternal bloodline, Hermes, King Andragoras, etc. Hoping for a sequel.

Final end card by Hiromu Arakawa herself.

SchwingBonerSep 27, 2015 3:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2015 3:09 AM

Mar 2014
I was worried about how they were going to wrap this up in one episode, but about halfway through I realised it wasn't going to happen.

I'll be pissed if this doesn't get a second season
Sep 27, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2013
Beautiful end for a beautiful anime. I hope there will be a 2. season.
Sep 27, 2015 3:11 AM

Dec 2011
there is definitely enough material to make another season.and i love how all the horses are drawn with angry faces!
Sep 27, 2015 3:13 AM

Dec 2010
Beautiful ending ♡ I surely hope there's going to be a season 2. I need more GIEVE!!
tsubasalover said:

Aw yiss!! Thanks for the heads up!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2015 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
Nice way to end it, would be interested in a S2, but not too bothered. They handled the ending really well, so i'm not craving for more. Would be interesting if Etoile became a love interest for Arslan in the future, I could see them going together really well, once everything is resolved.

Will consider reading the manga sometime in the future.
Sep 27, 2015 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
Need Arslan x Etoile :3

Hope for another season !
Sep 27, 2015 3:25 AM

Apr 2014
Ehh, I thought that was the capital city, what did I miss here.. whoops. >~<
Sep 27, 2015 3:38 AM

Feb 2014
Very sympathetic anime. It's not taking itself too seriously like most shounens do and has interesting storytelling and characters. I really hope there will be 2nd season.

One of the best, if not the best anime from Spring season.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Sep 27, 2015 3:41 AM

Jun 2014
What the hell was with that ending ... And the worse thing is, I can't read the manga. I really hope we get a season 2 because this anime deserves it.
Sep 27, 2015 3:45 AM

Oct 2014
SEASON 2 WHEN ??
~~
ok ... now to review this .. can't.
This is a great anime, the storyline is tight and the action scenes hair raising.
From the birth of the child to crazy Hermes this was on hell of a final ride !
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 27, 2015 3:54 AM

Apr 2015
This anime deserves a second season, such a fun ride.
Sep 27, 2015 3:55 AM
Aug 2013
I was going to give this show an 8/10 but with this ending it dropped to 7/10, this show was from 1996? Is it with the same ending? I loved the show but that ending was unsatisfying, so many things left unanswered, if there is no season 2 I will be really disappointed. This show needs a proper ending.
Sep 27, 2015 3:57 AM

Mar 2015
If you want a proper ending to this show it would have to completely different from source material because that book series is 14 volumes long. It also includes a time skip ^_^...I really want to see older Arslan because I think one of the promotional materials for the manga actually hints at him...
Sep 27, 2015 4:00 AM

Jun 2014
The way this ended is definitely implying that there could be a second season in the future. We still don't know the truth about Arslan's bloodline, and that thing that Gieve is looking for. Well, I'm glad we got to see Gieve again. I'm not surprised that he didn't regroup with them, since as I said it seems they're leaving things open for a possible season 2. It was also nice to see the misunderstanding about the Count's death get resolved, and Hermes is still as mysterious as ever.

Overall, a decent finale for an above-average anime, I really liked that song used for the burial scene. The animation in this anime was ok, and could have been better, but what really annoyed me about this anime was the supernatural sorcery magic guy that we still know nothing about. I didn't like that aspect of the series, but all in all, 6.5/10. Not sure if we'll ever get a season 2 but I wouldn't mind tbh.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 27, 2015 4:09 AM

Feb 2014
We get to hear yanaginagi's new song in this episode (天空に舞う鳥よ or Tenkuu ni Mau Tori yo).

Overall great animation, great battle, great story, great characters. I would give a 9/10.
Sep 27, 2015 4:25 AM

May 2015
Great War, but a fine ending.
This could make a better S2.
8/10

Ecchi Desu

Sep 27, 2015 4:26 AM

May 2015
LauraBirdie said:
I was worried about how they were going to wrap this up in one episode, but about halfway through I realised it wasn't going to happen.

I'll be pissed if this doesn't get a second season

Same here.

Ecchi Desu

Sep 27, 2015 4:28 AM

Feb 2011
Such a teasing ending, I hope the next season airs next year and hopefully the series will do well in sales.
Sep 27, 2015 4:32 AM
Nov 2010
This anime was pretty decent from start to finish. They did a nice job on it.
Sep 27, 2015 4:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I was surprised by this ending. After how it ended last episode, I expected Etoile to become a sworn enemy of Arslan, but not only did that not happen, but after a conversation or two she went to full blown stock tsundere with the blushes for Arslan.

Silver Mask allying himself with Guiscard was a good move, since it's clear those 2 are the only one's with a brain in the Lusitanian side. They'll make a formidable partnership. And it was pretty cool to see that Gieve actually has a sensible mission which is to find out about Arslan's origin.

Anyway, I really enjoy this kind of series and I really hope a second season gets made, but I won't get my hopes up since it's probably just a promotional for Arakawa's manga. And at the pace that one's going it'll probably be decade before we get some sort of ending.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 27, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2013
I need a second season of this!

Etoile turned into a tsundere for this final episode. It was great XD
Sep 27, 2015 4:44 AM

May 2015
G_Spark233 said:

I really don't know if she/he's a girl or a boy.

Ecchi Desu

Sep 27, 2015 5:01 AM

Nov 2013
Loved the Arslan x Etoile moments this episode. Great ending for the season, but season 2 is definitely needed.
One of my favourite shows of the year, but sadly it seems to be kind of underrated.
Sep 27, 2015 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
SchwingBoner said:
Final end card by Hiromu Arakawa herself.

[/center]

Great ending card!

Pretty cool series, hope there will be second season
and they will show more Etoile x Arslan!

tsubasalover said:

YES!!! *.*
Sep 27, 2015 5:12 AM

Aug 2014
Hope for a second season. The anime got pretty good from the middle and on. Also I hope gieve comes back. He is a great character.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 27, 2015 5:29 AM

Sep 2010
Hatsuuyuki said:
Such a teasing ending, I hope the next season airs next year and hopefully the series will do well in sales.

doubtfully that will happen. they are more inclined in boosting the manga adaptation rather than the novel. we'll probably get a second season in mid '17, f we're lucky

ps: no wonder this is epic shit. the original creator is the same one that wrote the ginga eiyuu novels

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Sep 27, 2015 5:34 AM

Jun 2015
Fingers crossed for another season was a good ride.
Sep 27, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2011
This was a great last episode to Arslan Senki. It started off very intense with Étoile and Arslan facing off. Farangis came in just in time to save Arslan from getting injured. I really liked the moments when Étoile and Arslan were alone, they're just so adorable together. Étoile clearly has lived her life as a male soldier and it's interesting to see her slowly become more feminine. We got to see Gieve at the end of the episode who seems like he's heading to the mountains. Arslan and co. are heading to Ecbatana~ I really hope we get a season 2 in the future, really want to see this series continue even further.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series. Solid 8/10
Sep 27, 2015 5:37 AM

Jul 2014
Estelle was pretty cool this episode.
Glad that we got some Gieve at the end there.
I hope this gets a second season, I enjoyed it for the most part.
Xykko said:
doubtfully that will happen. they are more inclined in boosting the manga adaptation rather than the novel. we'll probably get a second season in mid '17, f we're lucky

Somewhere along the way they caught up to the manga and started adapting the novels, didn't they? I haven't read the manga or the novels so I'm not entirely sure though.
Sep 27, 2015 5:42 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode, but it needs a second season. Though I'm also somewhat glad they didn't rush an ending in one episode.
I liked that the misunderstanding between Etoile and Arslan about that old mans death resolved pretty fast and it's nice to see that this OTP is still quite possible.
The scene with the burial was pretty strong too and one short glimpse of Gieve still alive on his dubious mission was a nice touch.

In the beginning I didn't like this show very much, there were so many things badly executed or in my eyes bad plot decisions, but the second half really caught up and I really enjoyed to watch Arslan and could overlook some of the bad stuff.
Sep 27, 2015 5:44 AM

Dec 2013
Jojo_Shinobi said:
G_Spark233 said:

I really don't know if she/he's a girl or a boy.

She's clearly a girl! She even says it in this episode!
Sep 27, 2015 5:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Also here a season 2 is possible now. Really good finale with the Arslan x Etoile moments and in general the atmosphere of this episode.

7/10
Sep 27, 2015 6:00 AM

Dec 2012
Great finale for Arslan Senki. It was really fun to watch, all the battle and the development of the characters are well done. The part with Rajendra was boring but fortunately, the arc after these episodes was really good.
The song during the funeral was beautiful, I think the ambiance during all the show was great. It was a good choice to complete the season with Gieve :).

I am looking forward to watch a new season !
Sep 27, 2015 6:06 AM
Mar 2014
Undeniably the best (and cutest) episode of the lot. Hope this gets another season.

Pretty average anime overall, but I know it was only the prologue to a much larger story. I'm sure the later material is an improvement.
Sep 27, 2015 6:19 AM
Apr 2014
Very fitting to end it with Etoile.
There were a lot of incoherences throughout the series, but the one that absolutely killed me was Farangis walking through and all the arrows missing her, this series would've been so much better without the super natural elements.
Silver Mask wasn't an interesting villain either, he didn't amount to much other than "muh revenge muh rage".
5/10.
Drake1000Sep 27, 2015 6:22 AM
Sep 27, 2015 6:23 AM

Jan 2008
Such a beautiful series and I'm sad that it's over. I'm really hoping for a second season.

I'm so happy that Etoile found out the truth about Barcacion's death and that she and Arslan are slowly getting closer. I ship them so hard and I hope Arslan takes her as his wife in the future.

I could be wrong here but I have a feeling that Elam might fall for Etoile which will create the triangle Elam --> Etoile --> Arslan but I hope not. I like Elam a lot but I want Etoile with Arslan. I was hoping he and Alfreed might hit it off but it seems that Narsus is starting to develop feelings for Alfreed now which I hate.

I miss Gieve but I'm sure he will have a big role in the future.

Great music in this series and can't wait for the OST.
Sep 27, 2015 6:38 AM

Aug 2014
Could someone link me the translated light novel series?

Thanks!
Sep 27, 2015 6:46 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, this was an unexpectedly heartwarming episode. I almost teared up too when Etoile held the baby.

I will be very upset if there isn't a season 2. Arslan has been ranking moderately well in DVD/BD sales as well as in the light novel & manga departments, but whether moderate sales merit a second season when the first one was suffering acutely from a bad budget... it remains to be seen I guess.
Sep 27, 2015 6:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man I really need a S2 now lol, that was such a great finale episode

Everything from the talk that Arslan had with ESTELLE HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG, the funeral, the interactions that our main cast had with each other, that birth of the child and the speech by Gieve was just beautiful....Simply beautiful

I am going to miss this series so fucking much, the OST in every scene was so amazing too!!!!!! This is what I like from an advebture/fantasy/war themed series and Arslan delivered on every aspect for me

Easy 9/10 for me
TokoyaSep 27, 2015 7:15 AM
Sep 27, 2015 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
It was nice to see Gieve again at the last episode. Loved the Estelle x Arslan moments.

8/10
mods are cucks
Sep 27, 2015 7:00 AM

Sep 2013
Decent episode, hoping for a second season too.
Sep 27, 2015 7:10 AM

Oct 2014
So the last episode is a love episode, huh? It's all about Estelle blushing from start to end lol.
Pretty fun ride. This anime totally exceed my expectation. It's just a normal story about war, throne, AND religions. But that normality is what makes this show stands out from nowadays' animes. Though yeah, it'd be better if those shadow magicians aren't around, but I guess magic is also everywhere in the past, huh? Gotta love this episode's quote:

"No matter what gods they believe in, may people's loving compassion light this child's path."

9/10
Am curious about the continuation of the story, but I guess I'll refrain from reading the manga or novel for now.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Sep 27, 2015 7:10 AM

Mar 2014
Excellent ending for this honestly, nothing big happening, just settling down and parting again, how it should be, really hoping for more.
Best episode of the bunch honestly, almost made me want to raise the score.
tetrix1993 said:
We get to hear yanaginagi's new song in this episode (天空に舞う鳥よ or Tenkuu ni Mau Tori yo).
Was that the song during the prayer? I'm hyped for whenever that comes out. The ED by NICO Touches the Walls was particularly good too.
Sep 27, 2015 7:15 AM

May 2012
Etoile so tsun.

It was a pretty solid anime, and the last few episodes were quite the ride for me.

8/10 for me

Hope it gets a sequel

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.