Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 22, 2015 8:30 PM

Jun 2009
I love this anime srsly. Bones rly did a good job adapting the manga. Can't wait for the second season!

Sep 22, 2015 10:25 PM

Mar 2012
The weakest part of the series is, without a doubt, the plot. It feels dull and overused at times, but the rest is just so neatly done that I can forgive it.
Shirayuki is a great main character and the cast is a really colorful one, but Zen fails in being a 'charming prince' at times (I like that he is cute and respectful but he often come as plain).
A great execution on your ordinary fantasy, and a great shoujo overall.

Solid 8/10.

(I want more Ryu btw)
Sep 22, 2015 10:39 PM
Jun 2013
only thing that bothered me was zen changing clothes in 0.2 seconds to enter the play. thats some captain tsubasa speed shit
Sep 23, 2015 12:08 AM
Nov 2013
I love this episode and the whole anime. I'm looking forward to the second season. I love such calm series with peaceful atmosphere and so nice characters.
Sep 23, 2015 12:45 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Finally Shirayuki became a princess, although not a real one

This episode is sweet and relaxing. I like this kind of romance.

Hope Shirayuki's hair would grow long once more like it was before

Looking forward for the sequel

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 23, 2015 12:52 AM

Oct 2011
Knight Zen <333

Nanaki XDDD

AHHH I can't wait for season 2 <33
Sep 23, 2015 12:55 AM

Dec 2013
Great ending to a great series. Good adaption overall imo. Personally I scored the series at a 9. The only reason it isn't one point higher is because I felt that the art lost a bit of its charm in the transition from drawn/written medium, to animated.

I await patiently for the second season in January.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 23, 2015 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
Good show, Shirayuki, one of the better female protagonists in anime, will wait for s2 in earnest.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 23, 2015 12:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
he finale was great and I loved the first cour and all but....

This may sound weird and even though I like Shirayuki and Zen together, this episode made me realize that I kinda hope that Zen dies or something so that she can end up with Obi lol

I feel like they're a much a better fit but oh well, 7/10 for me
Sep 23, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2009
That was the perfect ending.
I ship Zen and Shirayuki so much, I'm so happy they are together. They are so adorable, their moments always put a big smile on my face.
I loved the anime. Characters are great, the development of Zen and Shirayuki's relationship was perfectly paced, graphics and music were nice too.
Cool that we don't have to wait too long for the second season.
Overall 9/10 for the anime.
I like pancakes.
Sep 23, 2015 4:01 PM

Oct 2013
>acting like the troupe leader was some diabolical villain just because he wanted to show off Shirayuki's hair

A pleasant finale to a pleasant series. It ultimately failed by trying to be too many things at once and never letting any of its various elements truly evolve, but it somewhat made up for this tremendous problem by just being a genuine and honest story. The setting added a lot to the series, and the characters were very likeable. All in all, kind of looking forward to S2. Sort of.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 23, 2015 11:10 PM

Feb 2013
Loved this show!!! SO much!! Definitely one of my favorites of the season. Can't wait for the second season!!!!!

9/10
Sep 24, 2015 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
Ohh man, if this episode is anything to go by then I'm looking forward to another season of Zen and Shirayuki's dynamics. This was a wonderful way to wrap it up for now, with festivities and the continued enrichment of this cute love story. It's always amusing to see how flustered Zen gets, especially when they told him the actor would kiss Shirayuki's hand and show off her hair. Not on his watch! All of that is for Zen's eyes only. I'm not sure if they're hinting at Obi falling for Shirayuki, I hope not because I really like how he looks out for her the way he is now.

I'm really liking this trend of historical-fantasy shoujo. Soredemo Sekai, Akatsuki no Yona, and now Akagami. All bearing similarities that draw me into each of them yet each one offering its own distinct approach to this set up. As far as Akagami is concerned, I must admit I wasn't expecting the slow pace and semi-episodic character building. It was a pleasant surprise, and most certainly a satisfying one. Once again, Shirayuki and Zen are two characters with fresh perspectives that clashed for some great chemistry. Their back and forths were always enticing and I like how subtly and smoothly their bond grew. It took its time to set up the romance but did it in a way where it flourished wonderfully. Even ignoring the romance, both Shirayuki and Zen are great stand alone characters that really spiced things up - with Zen's down to Earth outlook on his kingdom and Shirayuki's will to not let people like Raj walk all over her.

8/10, a great range of heartwarming, relaxing, and dramatic (especially Zen's past). Oh and I know I'm the epitome of slow but it finally dawned on me that the OP is sung by Shirayuki's seiyuu.
ZekkenshinSep 24, 2015 4:32 AM
Sep 24, 2015 1:27 PM

Jul 2008
It's like I'm watching a Disney movie inside an Anime X_X
Sep 24, 2015 2:43 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Tomimi said:

Lol yea, reminded me of Tangled.
Sep 25, 2015 1:16 AM

Dec 2012
This season is over, I'm glad to have continued this anime. I thought after the first 3 episodes that the story will be always the same, but after that, the development between Shirayuki and Zen made me likes the show. Shirayuki is cute and her behavior is interesting.
The last real romance without comedy that I liked was "Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii", it's good to watch another anime like this.

This episode was beautiful, the landscapes too. Shirayuki starts to show her feelings to Zen and it's a nice thing. I'm confident that the second season will be as good as this one.
Sep 25, 2015 1:19 AM

Nov 2013
It didn't impress me as much as I expected. But in the end I feel satisfied and happy to ever pick up this series.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 25, 2015 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
That play<3

I like this show overall, btw~

8/10

Sep 25, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2015
This ended up being a great way to end this cour. It's a more light hearted episode, but we still get to see the awkwardness that comes with the territory of entering into a new relationship, especially for people who haven't been in a romantic relationship before. There were a couple of awkward moments for them, but the awkwardness was cute. :)

But Zen is definitely showing a little bit of a jealous streak here. That jealousy did kind of come in handy when he thwarted the director's plan to use Shirayuki and her hair to elevate the attention his troupe receives. But we also see him get a little jealous when he learns about Obi giving Shirayuki the hair accessory.

I also get the impression from the couple of times we saw Izana in this episode that he may not be entirely supportive of Zen when he learns about him and Shirayuki being a couple.

I can't forget to mention Shirayuki dressed up as the princess for the play. She looked so natural in the dress, and she looked beautiful.

But now I'm a little frustrated because I have to wait until January to see more. :(
ljaesch1Sep 25, 2015 12:35 PM
Sep 25, 2015 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
Shoujo with their almost ntr scenes are frustrating. Overall a very nice and refreshing anime, will surely watch s2. 8/10
Sep 25, 2015 8:07 PM

May 2014
SHIRAYUKI KISSED ZEN'S HAND?!?!?! MORE LIKE, WHY DID SHE KISSED A MAN'S HAAAAAND?!?!?! ISN'T IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND???? O______O THAT ISN'T ROMANTIC AT ALL!!
Sep 25, 2015 11:24 PM

Aug 2010
Err my gerd, they combined both the date chapter AND the open castle day chapter in one :0 Interesting approach. I felt both should've been done after the upcoming T arc but hey they executed it nicely so no complaints. And lol that filler Tangled scene made me laugh so hard. Shirayuki looked really nice in the costume <3 Mitsuhide's love for Zen is pretty strong too lol Obi being the usual troll was adorbs to see too hahaha

All in all "A" adaptation and S2 should be great and filled with more action :DD fingers crossed for two of the bigger arcs in the series animated but i doubt the latter will. Unfortunate that my favorite scene in the manga will probs not be animated:

Sep 26, 2015 3:47 AM

Jul 2015
This anime is very cute-like, Zen and Shirayuki make a good couple, and their moments together are amazing, it just touches your heart, also, I like how Zen wanted to include everyone else in their group in his future, together with his lover, Shirayuki. Very enjoyable anime.
Sep 26, 2015 6:36 AM

Apr 2009
LOVED This anime, loved the characters, loved the art. But the way Shirayuki and Zen were able to start a relationship together, with everyone close to them just agreeing, and Shirayuki appearing to not even give their situations a second thought, even though she appears to be very smart felt underwhelming, and damaged all the characters.. No one seems to pay attention to the fact that Zen is a prince, while Shirayuki is just a common girl, making it felt weird.
I guess I expected more, I never expected them to be able to be together. I expected more of a mature and realistic theme and approach to their relationship. It felt counter to all the build up through the series, which appeared to show they understood their positions and the reality of their situations. Will see how S2 pans out. Will be interesting to see how everyone else reacts to this. assuming they don't keep it secret or something stupid. If everyone just accepts it, I'm dropping S2...

Hate to do this, but giving this a 6/10 for now.
RydakoSep 26, 2015 6:46 AM
Sep 26, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2009
How come they didn't kiss in the end?! =/
Looking forward to the next season! 7/10
Sep 27, 2015 11:57 PM

Oct 2007
Like the only decent show to come out of this season. At least it's one thing.
Sep 28, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
One of my favorite animes this season by far.

Beautiful art and unique characters all around.

So glad to see it's getting a 2nd season.

9/10.
Sep 28, 2015 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
not bad kinda lost interest with each week though least it wasn't nearly as boring as the manga was when i tired to read it years ago.

just barely 7/10 guess i was expecting to much from what everyone said about this,but hey it could get better in the 2nd cour so lets see how it goes.
Sep 28, 2015 10:57 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
violity said:
SHIRAYUKI KISSED ZEN'S HAND?!?!?! MORE LIKE, WHY DID SHE KISSED A MAN'S HAAAAAND?!?!?! ISN'T IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND???? O______O THAT ISN'T ROMANTIC AT ALL!!

So each gender should be stuck doing their own roles based on roles their assumed to?

I liked it when she kissed his hand; kind of shows her humility and loyalty towards Zen.

And for those "expecting more", there are some exciting scenes in the manga, but it's spread out.
Sep 29, 2015 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
I liked this anime way more then I thought I would.
Pls no cheap ass drama in s2.
Sep 29, 2015 3:54 PM

Jun 2014
Sappy at times but it gave the show character and made it fulfilling. It's definitely one of the better shoujos
7/10
Oct 1, 2015 7:53 PM

Dec 2014
That was adorable, can't wait for next season
Oct 3, 2015 12:04 AM

Dec 2010
Overall Enjoyment 8/10.
Can't wait for season 2
Oct 3, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2012
8/10. Was a fun delightful watch.
Oct 3, 2015 9:45 AM

Feb 2012
I give it a solid 9, really enjoyed. Wish there would've been more story into it.
Oct 3, 2015 7:50 PM

Jul 2010
9/10 absolutely my top spot of the season, I'm surely looking forward to the next season!

More ZenxShirayuki makes a better world.
Oct 3, 2015 9:28 PM
Sep 2014
Mitsuhide has "rare" green hair and noone cares lol.
Oct 4, 2015 2:18 AM

Mar 2012
How the hell did I miss this while it was airing ;_; Pretty great romance anime and we get to look forward to a second season this winter :D Shirayuki x Zen was pretty well done imo so I'm looking forward to how their relationship ends up next season.

As for the last episode, I just loved how Zen jumped down on the stage to save Shirayuki from having her hair, thus her identity, revealed. Would've caused a lot of headaches if the rumored fiance was found acting as a princess in a play.
Oct 6, 2015 3:00 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely end of this first season, I'm definitely looking forwards to the second season to see how everything will develop!

In general I just loved the setting and atmosphere, especially the character development as that's one of the key element of this anime for sure which was just beautiful!

All in all I had a great time marathoning this anime so for me this is a great anime as well!
Oct 16, 2015 11:57 PM

Oct 2013
Shirayukii 2cute.

It's amazing how this show went from a 5->6 and ultimately to 8/10.
Oct 18, 2015 5:19 AM

Dec 2008
Cute redhead chick. CHECK. Fairly calm yet interesting medievalish period show. CHECK. Cool guy with a bandit/assassin past still a mystery? CHECK!! OBI RULES! not at all a bad show. now to simply wait till the summer for full subs of season 2. I give this nice show a 7/10. Ciao
Oct 23, 2015 2:49 PM

Apr 2014
Kanohane said:
Mitsuhide has "rare" green hair and noone cares lol.

That's what I thought..

I need more Shirayuki x Obi! Don't like Zen at al..
Oct 25, 2015 8:49 PM

Apr 2013
Cheesiest anime I've seen in a while.

Do not disappoint me, 2nd season.

8/10
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Oct 29, 2015 6:49 AM

Sep 2011
As a fan of the manga (10/10), I can say it was a pretty good adaptation. Manga is still better in every aspect, but almost everything was adapted well.
Some chronological changes (this festival was much later for example), but they aren't big ones.
My only two real problems are that I didn't find most of the seiyuu fitting for their roles/characters, and that the art style couldn't always give back the same amazingly beautiful art style of the manga. Esepcially the characters. Shirayuki was the main problem, she looks so much better in the manga. Her face has a much younger and slimmer look :( And her hair should have been a bit darker shade of red, or well, more like an apple, as it should be. This doesn't look as natural :/
Still, the anime gets a 9/10 from me, since it was still great. Would have been a 10/10 (which is rare from me) if these problems were addressed.
I love this series ^^
Oct 29, 2015 7:30 AM
Dec 2009
Cute final episode! I didn't expect to see them in a play. Seeing the festival was nice though, everyone looked like they were having fun.

The floating candle/lanterns reminded me of Tangled though, hah.

Loved this show, very sweet. Looking forward to a second season!!
Oct 30, 2015 7:22 AM

Mar 2008
08/10 great Anime!

season 2
Nov 21, 2015 10:54 AM
Sep 2015
Tomimi said:

indeed, the anime felt like a Disney fairy tale and i want more thank goodness season 2 is on the way.
Nov 21, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2013
That's it? It was nice, sure, but that's all?
I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't any background on Kiki.

5/10 (average) It was nice... but not much really happened.
Nov 23, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Gotta love redheads

Shirayuki was so stunning in that dress... The romance in this anime is so refreshing it restores my soul, at first i was like "OH this gotta be your another happy yet boring romance anime of this season", but dangg i was wrong, i got addicted after i watched the first episode.

I love the atmosphere of this show, it's calming and heartwarming, and you can feel a strong bonds between one character to another, not just for the main characters.

I feel sad for Obi because i can't see him with anyone but Shirayuki, looking forward for a 2nd season i hope Obi would make a move toward Shirayuki, that would be interesting to watch.

Overall score 9/10
Dec 9, 2015 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
For fantasy shojou, i like thisssss...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 10, 2015

114 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 25, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.