Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, what the hell is that red stripped being? Looks creepy.

A pretty tense episode and this one got more into the action rather than just social affairs. Glad to see some of the superheroes get into action too.

I'm glad to see some of Hajime's words of wisdom too.
As for Gel-chan, he seems a bit relaxed this episode.
Aug 29, 2015 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
can gel die already?
Aug 29, 2015 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
Those creatures are so unsettling hrrrr

While watching this episode I started to think that this all might be about how in some countries the authority decides everything for the citizens, like in a dictator ship, and those who want freedom to speak and don't agree with the authority are silenced. Idk those are just my thoughts, I might be analyzing it wrong.
Aug 29, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Those things are creepy. And I hoping Tsubasa will snap out of her naïveté real soon. Decent episode.
Aug 29, 2015 2:25 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't expect that to happen to Rui, though maybe he's faking.
Jaywalker.
Aug 29, 2015 2:33 PM

Dec 2012

That part was tense as heck.
Aug 29, 2015 2:34 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Ooooh man i cant wait to see Tsubasa and Gel getting rekt because of the chaos that they created and seeing their dream crumbling.
They fuckin deserves it.
Anyway, always a good episode when Berg-Katze is here.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 29, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2013
Got them a while to get somewhere, but I like the show a lot more now. Last episode made pretty obvious where it should go (they created a quasi-fascist, totalitarian society that is in its nature incompatible with individualism, so eliminating the dissenters was the logical next step), and I'm glad they really went there.

I just hope this season will get an actual ending, not some OVA ages later.

Aug 29, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
Well done with building the tension. I kept thinking "Crap, these things are gonna do something soon.." all through the episode. And well... they DID.

Shit is hitting the fan as record speeds. Katze like conflict, but Gel likes it 20.000 times more... but Gel EATS it.

But I don't think Gel deserves seeing his dreams crumble. He's really trying to help everyone. He's even making himself sick. It's just that he doesn't understand humans. Tsubasa is a freaking MORON though.
Aug 29, 2015 3:06 PM

May 2013
DmonHiro said:
Tsubasa is a freaking MORON though.

I find that believable, though. She's just not very intelligent, and that leads to her having a simplistic black/white view of the world and her not thinking about the more complex moral questions she is confronted with (the latter can be said about everyone voting to let someone else decide, though). She literally doesn't know what she is doing.

I think she is a good example for a lot of people who supported the wrong ideology for the right reasons, by the virtue of not knowing any better.

Aug 29, 2015 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
Hajime's interactions with the Kuu were so bone chiliing tense due to her general nature, loved that.

Can't wait for Tsubasa to eat crow.

Rui's succumbing to the cluster was surprising, but believable. He's been the one thinking about the direction of the world the most, getting constantly beat down without any concrete feeling of ease. It's not crazy that he'd give in now that that feeling of ease is tangible and he doesn't have a grasp on his 'cursor of control' in the crowds anymore. They could be going for that kind of representation actually. Rui had to be the Gatchaman that gave in because he was the one with the most prominent grasp on his 'cursor of control': the perception and ego to be able to think and create independently, which is what the crowds should represent. So with everyone rejecting the crowds and abolishing the cursor of control he was trying to give them, he loses his cursor of control and, without an alternative to regain that representation of individuality, he gives in to the cluster just as they do.

It's actually like a weird transition of perception/control, where the people are gradually falling into the role the Crowds, as the red emoji people now serve as a cursor of control for Kuu/Gel. Still don't know where the hell they're going to go with this without it being bland and obvious, but thankfully Berg and Hajime are characters that can significantly affect the ultimate direction of the political commentary.
AlexTheRiotAug 29, 2015 4:19 PM
Aug 29, 2015 5:15 PM

Mar 2013
I was waiting for those striped things (ones with many names) to do something, but I was actually surprised when it knocked Jou out of the way to eat his friend, Alan.

So Gel wants everyone to become one (Apes)
The striped things (ones with many names) appear from Gel's thought bubbles, via him puking old ones, feels bad for not succeeding.
The striped things (ones with many names) are actively progressing Gel's plan.
Anyone that goes against Gel's plan and agreed upon by the people get taken out.
Now they are one.

When does Gel turn?
Aug 29, 2015 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
Did you know that these animals were not good, I want to see the fight that will have
Aug 29, 2015 6:21 PM
Apr 2011
Tulicloure said:

I actually spoke out, "Ominous silence."

Speaking of which, did you notice what happened when Kuu hugged Sugane and Utsusu?

Aug 29, 2015 6:55 PM

Apr 2012
Wonder if there's ever gonna be a Crowds vs Kuu-sama in the later eps~
Aug 29, 2015 7:38 PM

Nov 2008
The biggest idiot here is Paimon, who makes Tsubasa and Rui look like geniuses in comparison. He needs to be demoted really quickly, and permanently!
Aug 29, 2015 7:59 PM
Apr 2011
In the words of the amazing Misaka Mikoto-sama, I will now give her rebuttal to Gelsadra.

“There was a world where all 20,000 Sisters were saved and everyone could smile without grief?”
“After everything, why would you cling to a convenient and terribly naïve world like that!!!?”
“Do you really think that’s the same thing as saving people?”
“There’s no set definition of happiness. As soon as you unify everything under a single set of values, the next round of misfortune and discrimination has already begun.”
“There’s no such thing as a perfect world.”
“Even if it looks perfect on the surface, you’ll find something twisted if you look at it differently.”
“Those six billion people were swallowed up!! That was a world where a single set of values was forced on them all and they were only allowed to smile!! Anyone who doesn’t smile is treated like they don’t belong!! If you see something like that, you aren’t supposed to sit there looking jealous!! No matter how painful and hard it is and even if you’re all alone, isn’t it your role to clench your fist and say it’s wrong!?”
"Even if it’s imperfect and incomplete, you should be glad you were born into this world!! You should be proud of that fact!!”
Aug 29, 2015 7:59 PM

Sep 2013
lol this like NGE's human instrumentality project XD

Everyone who doesn't comply to the majority is weeded out.
It's easy to unite everyone through discrimination/hate.

Gel is not at fault :'(
The adorable Kuu sama's know everyone's name cause they are born from their emotions.
Will they conbine and form one being?

#Gelu-lu Nation

Aug 29, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
Thought that there is finally going to have some actions. But, NO! *rage*
Aug 29, 2015 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
Tulicloure said:

when i saw all those blank faces i was nope 2spooky4me
Aug 29, 2015 10:48 PM

Nov 2012
those kuu's are very creepy indeed... they even got to rui and now they start to swallow humans who don't want to 'become one'.
Aug 30, 2015 1:13 AM
Jul 2015
tsubasa is the real hero in this Anime. 10/10 best anime character
Aug 30, 2015 3:01 AM

Oct 2014
Ventris said:
I think she is a good example for a lot of people who supported the wrong ideology for the right reasons, by the virtue of not knowing any better.

I would actually argue that her reasons are everything BUT right.
Aug 30, 2015 3:13 AM
Sep 2014
Seems like those Kuu's hugs have some kind of intoxication effect that makes you relaxed and willing to just go with the flow. Those who have strong enough will not to turn into "red bubbles" despite of the hug or those who refuse to get hugged get absorbed instead. Interesting.
Aug 30, 2015 3:19 AM

Dec 2010
After seeing Rui give up and laugh at his own dreams with a hollow tone and X telling him that he has yet to see his dream of updating the world to completion...
Remembering all the times Rui suffered, way more than any of the other cast members... It's sad that he can't even catch a break and even the concept of helping society improve on their own will in itself is now lost thanks to Tsubasa's actions.
I hope Rui gets out of commission till the whole issue gets resolved so he doesn't have to take the mental stress of how illogical the majority vote was in abolishing CROWDS.
Aug 30, 2015 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
Rui (shakes head)... he'll bounce back. But man I am disappointed.

As usual, Hajime and Katze making this show.
That unnerving moment when the Kuus try and eat Hajime after she asks what would happen if everyone doesn't become one.
Aug 30, 2015 4:58 AM
Aug 2015
trannon1 said:
Tulicloure said:

I actually spoke out, "Ominous silence."

Speaking of which, did you notice what happened when Kuu hugged Sugane and Utsusu?

Now i get it, why hajime refused to be hugged by those creepy things
Aug 30, 2015 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
ichii_1 said:
lol this like NGE's human instrumentality project XD

It really is. That's what it reminds me of.

Well, that guy just got absorbed by one of those creepy things. I guess they're not so friendly, after all! This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better...
Aug 30, 2015 10:23 AM
Sep 2014
I honestly think it's just their definition of "friendly". They probably think about it as doing something good.
Aug 30, 2015 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
I think I enjoyed Berg Katze trash talking Tsubasa way more than I should've.
Aug 30, 2015 12:11 PM

Oct 2014
apokaliz500 said:
I honestly think it's just their definition of "friendly". They probably think about it as doing something good.
A true villain never thinks of himself as evil.
Aug 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Nov 2009
Tsubasa is so hard-headed and retarded...
I wish we saw more of that Rizumu guy instead, he's the smartest one in the entire series.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 30, 2015 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
The apocalypse happened. The world ended not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Aug 30, 2015 6:37 PM

Oct 2011
The true face of Kuu-san revealed
Aug 30, 2015 7:45 PM

Mar 2008
Gatchaman Crowds is so good. One of the most intelligent anime out there. This second season is even more focused on the theme of the individual than the first one.

And this in JP, a highly collective oriented society. This (and Sanctuary) should be stuff they make the japanese read/watch.

The only bad point in this season is Sugane. They RUINED him. From a stern and serious guy that wanted to be a true hero, he became a stupid womanizer. True, he still wants to be a hero and he softened up in the last season. But now he just seems foolish.

Also, I had the impression he ended last season with feelings for Hajime, but that's completely forgotten here. Or was I mistaken?
Aug 30, 2015 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
damn i thought those things were bad
Aug 31, 2015 1:20 AM
Sep 2014
m4rc0 said:
Also, I had the impression he ended last season with feelings for Hajime, but that's completely forgotten here. Or was I mistaken?

She loves Katze :P
Aug 31, 2015 1:56 AM

Jan 2009
everyone will become one means everyone will lose individuality or uniqueness
Aug 31, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2010
Hajime is always the voice of reason. Gotta love her.
These Kuu-sama things are creepy af indeed. Sucks that I'd probably fall for the comfort with the other randoms if I lived there :P Not proud about it :/
So I take it anyone they see doesn't "Become one" with them they just eat him and that's one less person to worry about? DAMN!
Aug 31, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2010
ramenshoujo said:
Rui (shakes head)... he'll bounce back. But man I am disappointed.

Where does he get off, quitting trying to make a society that doesn't even want him get better, right?
http://i.imgur.com/VobnyA3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PxVtcJ7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/IGPIdEV.jpg
Aug 31, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2008
apokaliz500 said:
m4rc0 said:

Haha, possibly. But I didn't mean she liked him. But he seemed to like her, and that's completely forgotten. Like Sugane's personality overall.
Sep 1, 2015 4:12 AM
Sep 2014
Well, he sure was developing a crush on her, but we never saw it getting anywhere during the first season, and then he sees that Hajime is going to have an alien inside and her words sound like she is interested in having relationship with said alien, I think it's understandable that Sugane could think going further is pointless and just got rid of the feeling before it fully riped.
Sep 1, 2015 5:23 AM

Mar 2012
oh man, shit's going down :O

m4rc0 said:
apokaliz500 said:

Haha, possibly. But I didn't mean she liked him. But he seemed to like her, and that's completely forgotten. Like Sugane's personality overall.

This season he's just there to stand and look pretty unfortunately : /
Sep 1, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Those gentle monsters are behaving exactly like I thought they would, which means that the duality KAtze/Gel is confirmed, they are both representing absolute opposite concepts.~
The level of symbolism in this anime is really something else. Really interesting indeed. A bit surprised that even Gel himself is under influence though.

But yep, Katze is far less of a nuisance for humanity as a whole than Gel is. I though the monsters would be strong enough to "convince" almost everyone, but seem like quite a number of normal civilian are "successfully" rejecting the influence. Well, they're getting deleted instead. Because if everyone is one, then those who aren't part of the "body" are intruder eaten and erased by the antibodies because they're rejected, indeed.

This show is definitely one of the best this season. Too soon to say more since none are finished, but that's definitely in my top 3 of the most promising so far.

By the way, that was funny as hell to see "kuu sama" eating people. Their name is the most fitting ever xD
ZefyrisSep 1, 2015 1:42 PM
Sep 1, 2015 9:57 PM
Apr 2011
When Katze mentioned that Gel's favorite thing was the same as Katze's, I wonder if they really meant "conflict". I seem to remember something about how Katze loves making the denizens of planets destroy themselves. In this case, Gelsadra is doing it too. And Gel obviously loves doing it thousands of times as much as Katze.
Sep 2, 2015 2:36 AM

Aug 2013
Hajime and Utsutsu wearing towels in the beginning? Automatic best episode of the season.

Add another Berg Katze riddle on top of that, along with one of the Kuu's fucking eating/absorbing Joe's bar buddy right in front of him. Damn good ep.

Gotta love how "oh we're all equal, and everyone become one"...yet you could see the looks of discrimination and disgust on the humans who saw other people with different color bubbles.

That scene with all of the Kuu's behind Hajime all at once in dead silence was fucking creepy.

Interesting to see how Berg Katze was really the lesser of 2 evils. Katze loved conflict and causing chaos through people's inner darkness. But that was able to be overcome when people were able to come together for a purpose greater than themselves (saving & updating the world with CROWDS).

But now, we have everyone trying become "one" and in the process, people who have a different way of thinking are being blatantly cast aside and ultimately removed; leaving only a bunch of sheep who cant think for themselves.
Sep 4, 2015 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
trannon1 said:
When Katze mentioned that Gel's favorite thing was the same as Katze's, I wonder if they really meant "conflict". I seem to remember something about how Katze loves making the denizens of planets destroy themselves. In this case, Gelsadra is doing it too. And Gel obviously loves doing it thousands of times as much as Katze.
I remember that, but from the way Gel-san reacts either s/he's been oblivious to what he's done in the past through similar techniques or this is completely new to him. Even when the focus was just on him, he didn't know what was going on.

As I see it, these red, white and blue creatures are an unintended consequence to what Gel-san wanted to happen. Their purpose is to fulfil Gel-san's wants, and that would be everyone as "one".

One thing Gel-san hadn't learned in his short time here is that this world thrives under conflict, especially with itself. How can we become a better society if there's no need to become better? We wouldn't have computers today if it wasn't for WW2 and code breaking, or the leap in the 60s with the Cold War. Today it's MS vs. Apple, each trying to outdo each other for market share and profit.

I can see it becoming a battle between those who don't choose and recall the Insights to battle these creatures for the human psyche. As Rui stated in his state, "we are now apes". Hajime won't allow it and Tsubasa will learn what is happen and get out of her naive state (as her grandfather keeps trying to teach her).
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 4, 2015 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
What Katze meant is probably people's thoughts/emotions.
They both are feeding on them, but enjoyu the exact contrary. One enjoy chaotic emotions, whereas the other enjoy unity, joy and peace.
Sep 6, 2015 7:35 PM

Jul 2008
And here we go! Of course Tsubasa still doesn't want to believe it.
Sep 8, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
so the creatures are absorbing people in the name of becoming one, huh?

the answer to katze's riddle must be chaos, right? katze loves nothing more than chaos.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

89 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:15 PM

» Rui dressing as a girl.

broodo - Aug 31, 2015

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:12 PM

» Is Ichinose Hajime a psychopath?

trannon1 - Sep 6, 2015

7 by Ochimusha »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:46 PM

» Tsubasa existing Ruined This show

abyss333 - Aug 4, 2015

35 by LawsonTanner »»
Aug 12, 2023 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

100 by Sirius__ »»
Apr 22, 2023 11:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.