Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 4, 2015 2:22 AM

Jul 2013
fredchickens said:
I miss the days when everyone is having a goodtime in this forums not like this, having a full of toxicity.

Same here i miss old days with no Fight Juts having Fun comment with Respect.

Some one here dont like to lose in comment with Arrogant attitude.

Hmmm... some one here dont like Manga adaptation into Anime but they Respect People with positive Comment.

Will Some People here You cant force others people dislike this or like this but dont forgot put respect.

There People use excuse they Change Bad comment into Good comment order escape Problem they cause Others people order avoid war.

In other forums if you insult people or disappointed in anime and manga you will get banned will MyAnimelist dont had this rules like other forums had.

I hope Some day MyAnimelist put you cannot insult people or disappointed any anime or manga order avoid flame of war Hmmmm. only myanimelist dont had rules like that they still in old rules never update if only they had that rules those arrogant will shut up and stop whining.
danteinferno111Aug 4, 2015 2:47 AM
Aug 4, 2015 3:16 AM

Jan 2015
fredchickens said:

I miss the days when everyone is having a goodtime in this forums not like this, having a full of toxicity.

you joined today, lul.
Aug 4, 2015 3:24 AM

Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:
fredchickens said:

you joined today, lul.
yeah i created this account this month but i keep on hanging out in myanimelist for a year now reading all sorts of reviews and discussions and even the information that makes my cornerstone on my watchlist and i create this account just to voice out on one of my favorite animes this season, i can't let anyone destroy my relationship in this anime any further that's why i create this account through fb. It depends on you if you want to believe me or not but i voiced my reasoning for this.
MizunashiAug 4, 2015 3:28 AM
Aug 4, 2015 3:38 AM

Jan 2015
fredchickens said:
Xenocrisi said:

you joined today, lul.
yeah i created this account this month but i keep on hanging out in myanimelist for a year now reading all sorts of reviews and discussions and even the information that makes my cornerstone on my watchlist and i create this account just to voice out on one of my favorite animes this season, i can't let anyone destroy my relationship in this anime any further that's why i create this account through fb. It depends on you if you want to believe me or not but i voiced my reasoning for this.

I don't think that changed a lot in 1 year...
Aug 4, 2015 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
Xenocrisi said:
every anime does mistakes

Only he who does nothing, does no mistakes. That is true.

However that does not justify not trying to avoid mistakes, or even deliberately doing mistakes (that is doing a mistake when you know it's going to be a mistale).

Easy example: I type, so there's no way I will never make a typo. Htat docnte maen K cen jtsu ith butmms rnadomly (that doesn't mean I can just hit buttons randomly).

And there's not way not to see how changing the order of events created a plot hole.

UPD

And I certainly don't hate the anime. I hate the plot hole.
Hanako_SeishinAug 4, 2015 5:00 AM
Aug 4, 2015 6:23 AM

Jun 2014
Zetsuei380 said:
Thai777 said:

You are wrong. In the second episode she did cover her with an aura but the reason of her hesitation was that there was a trigger, a picture of the zombie before she became a zombie. That is the reason she hesitated. In the event of this episode there was no trigger, so she didn't have to hesitate. Don't forget she was prepared to swiftly kill the zombie in episode 2, in episode 4 she doesn't even kill them(well not all) just to knock them out which is already better than killing.

Yes, but how does her needing to visualize an aura around the zombies affect her as a character? They could of slightly altered those scenes and wouldn't have affected anything. For example, in episode 2 when she saw the picture she noticed how the zombie used to be a regular person causing the aura to start dissipating making her hesitate.They could of altered it so that when she saw the picture of the girl with her boyfriend with love written on it, it causes her to remember the tragic moment she killed her senpai (whom she had a crush on) making her shake and distracted before killing the zombie before it can get her (this is basically how I initially interpreted that scene the first time I saw it), and it wouldn't have changed anything. Or in this episode, we see her just before she goes down to get the car, she mentally prepares her visualization thing before jumping down. They could of easily change it so that instead of visualizing, she's just taking a deep breathe because she's about to do something very dangerous. Do you see what I mean here? Her visualizing an aura on them doesn't change anything . She still acts like the same Kurumi from the manga, her visualizing doesn't make her act all that differently, and it currently doesn't add anything to the story. Hence why I currently believe that her visualizing an aura around the zombies is pointless.

In my opinion it makes her more realistic. Hiding what you don't want to see is normal for human and Kurumi hiding the face of zombie with an aura is more realistic in my opinion (albeit a little exagerated). Also it does add in her character. Instead of being a cold, cool girl who can kill zombie anytimes she looks like she is weaker mentally than in her mangacounterpart and that she is still just a high school girl.
Aug 4, 2015 1:42 PM

Dec 2014
I don't think the dark aura surrounding the zombies has anything to do with any one specific character or their individual perspective of them. I think it's an artistic choice designed to make the zombified people's undead condition stand out more. I like it personally, it makes the Gakkou Gurashi zombies unique.
Aug 4, 2015 3:31 PM

Apr 2015
AnnaSartin said:
I don't think the dark aura surrounding the zombies has anything to do with any one specific character or their individual perspective of them. I think it's an artistic choice designed to make the zombified people's undead condition stand out more. I like it personally, it makes the Gakkou Gurashi zombies unique.

I like the style they gave to the zombies. To me it's not a problem.
And about the episode, i liked a lot. Of course they changed one thing or two but overall it's consistent with the manga
Aug 4, 2015 4:09 PM

Mar 2009
This is a very good show. It's just a shame I've seen so many spoilers around.
Aug 4, 2015 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, still think there are better weapons than a shovel and everyone, excluding Yuki, should have a weapon on them
Aug 5, 2015 5:00 AM

Dec 2012
Mormegil said:

Yes, here is the forum about the anime, so I wonder why there are a lot of spoiler about the manga ...
Aug 5, 2015 5:07 AM

Jul 2012
Sakaitsu said:
Mormegil said:

Yes, here is the forum about the anime, so I wonder why there are a lot of spoiler about the manga ...

I haven't seen any manga related spoilers or at least not relevant ones that were not using the [*/spoiler] properly.
Most of the stuff that was commented related to the manga and not 'hidden' were direct replies to some people that were confused with what happned in the anime that was indeed explained in the manga and probably won't be in the anime because there's no way to. I wouldn't exactly count that as spoiler as they don't give anything special away
Anyway, I must apologized if I have done that in any of my comments, that was not my intention
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 5, 2015 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
Don't worry, there aren't that much spoiler about the manga but I read some of them before. In the thread of the second episode I think, I will try to found it again.
Sometimes, the members write interesting theories with the spoiler tag, I like to read them, but sometimes the spoil is from the manga. It will be good if the members could precise before the spoiler tag, if it's from the manga or not.

Edit: after research I found that it was my fault, the author clearly wrote that the spoil was from the manga. Sorry for the complaint
SakaitsuAug 5, 2015 5:29 AM
Aug 5, 2015 5:44 AM

Jan 2015
Sakaitsu said:
Don't worry, there aren't that much spoiler about the manga but I read some of them before. In the thread of the second episode I think, I will try to found it again.
Sometimes, the members write interesting theories with the spoiler tag, I like to read them, but sometimes the spoil is from the manga. It will be good if the members could precise before the spoiler tag, if it's from the manga or not.

Edit: after research I found that it was my fault, the author clearly wrote that the spoil was from the manga. Sorry for the complaint

i remember that there are spoilers in the 2nd episode's discussion too, but i think they edited the spoilers.
-Panda_Hero- said:

Anyway, I must apologized if I have done that in any of my comments, that was not my intention
Aug 5, 2015 4:20 PM
May 2010
I think it's a good zombie story, Saying this as a horror enthusiast, interesting mix of a zombie story and a slide of life story.

Been loving the series thus far.
Aug 7, 2015 9:22 AM

Jan 2015
What japanese people thought about the 4th episode

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CL0NO0vUEAE35-t.jpg:large

MMMHHHH....MAL: 66% loved it, JAPAN: 86% loved it.
MMMMMMMMHHHHHHH....
Aug 7, 2015 4:45 PM

Jun 2008
Excellent episode, great setup for the next...
Aug 7, 2015 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
Taroumaru's attitude towards Miki makes sense now
Aug 7, 2015 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
Megu definitely dead, RIP
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 8, 2015 11:35 PM

Mar 2012
Great ep, the ED song caught my attention as well
Aug 9, 2015 12:54 AM

Mar 2009
-Panda_Hero- said:
Sakaitsu said:

I haven't seen any manga related spoilers or at least not relevant ones that were not using the [*/spoiler] properly.
Most of the stuff that was commented related to the manga and not 'hidden' were direct replies to some people that were confused with what happned in the anime that was indeed explained in the manga and probably won't be in the anime because there's no way to. I wouldn't exactly count that as spoiler as they don't give anything special away

No need to apologize. It wasn't you or anyone specifically on this forum. But more so around other places.
Aug 9, 2015 8:39 AM

Sep 2014
Megu appeared in the car out of nowhere!
Also, she didn't go retrieve her own car keys...!

It seems like
Mirai, zura~!
Aug 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2008
So this episode was the flashback for Miki (1st half)
and 2nd half would be the girls in the car going outside and would probably meet with Miki (i think this will be the ep 5)
4/5.

Aug 9, 2015 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, and that ED is pure class.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 10, 2015 11:04 PM

Aug 2015
Totally convinced now that Megune is just a part of Yuki's delusions. Yuki is the only one who initiates conversations with her and the only one to answer her questions. And I somehow knew that Megune wasn't going to be the one driving lol. Plus, she just appeared out of nowhere in the backseat of the car. :P

Good episode though. I just want to know how Miki got to the school, and what ended up happening to Kei! ★4/5
Aug 11, 2015 6:57 AM

May 2014
Miki-chan's such a hottie, that part where you saw her bendova, hot damn. I needed that.
Rather slow episode for me, what will they do now that they're 'free'. The 'new world' looks nice.
Livv said:
That ED, I. Need. It.

+1.
Aug 12, 2015 9:12 AM

Jul 2010
Kurumi, best girl!
Now, it's more like L4D3
Aug 12, 2015 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
myd10oz said:
Kurumi, best girl!
Now, it's more like L4D3

I can't wait for somebody to mod a shovel in L4D2 or even a Kurumi mod. I'd shovel all dem zombies! <3
Aug 12, 2015 1:59 PM

Mar 2012
If someone could post here when the ED comes out, that would be great.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 12, 2015 4:15 PM

Jan 2015
James_Rye said:
myd10oz said:
Kurumi, best girl!
Now, it's more like L4D3

I can't wait for somebody to mod a shovel in L4D2 or even a Kurumi mod. I'd shovel all dem zombies! <3

Aug 12, 2015 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
llcruz said:
Kei is fucking stupid, who the fuck goes outside in a zombie apocalypse. I know she is just a child but still... don't like her at all.
Really liked the episode anyways, that was my only complaint. And I'm always happy to see the shovel princess in action.

Found that pretty stupid of her. It's a safe place that still has supplies but she decides to leave because she doesn't like being holed up.

Also find it funny that they don't panic at the sight of people eating people on the television. Even if it was a universe where no one knew what a zombie was it's still pretty odd that they just shrug it off like if it has nothing to do with them.
Aug 13, 2015 4:10 AM

Jul 2010
Xenocrisi said:
James_Rye said:

Thank you for this beautiful picture :D
Aug 13, 2015 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
I feel the establishing scene in the mall could have been done better. The idea that the escalator being broken is so phenomenally asinine that I groan internally at the utterance. I get that it was necessary to get Miki and Kei over to the elevator, but the implication that no one on that escalator thought to walk down them like they're stairs (you know, because they are) stuck with me through the rest of the episode.

The scene could have worked the same if someone had just said that the escalator was too crowded. Of course, I am nitpicking.
Aug 14, 2015 12:11 AM

Jul 2009
Damonashu said:
but the implication that no one on that escalator thought to walk down them like they're stairs (you know, because they are) stuck with me through the rest of the episode.

*sigh*
Dreams_of_Neko said:
traed said:
oh wait whats this? A broken escalator? Everyone stand perfectly still!! Its not like you cant use it as stairs or something... oh wait.... stupid people.

People were rushing and pushing others and it ended with them stuck at the bottom, preventing others of passing. Those who were on the other side of the scalator weren't aware of the situation, complicating things.

<3?

Aug 16, 2015 1:16 PM
Aug 2011
Portable CD players are neat.
I think we should all go back to portable CD players.
Aug 18, 2015 10:24 PM

Mar 2012
Sad and melancholic episode, but I found this one more interesting than every one of the previous episodes.
Aug 25, 2015 2:16 AM

Feb 2014
the dog is annoying
Aug 27, 2015 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
Well... First episode is still the best one. By far.
Aug 29, 2015 2:23 AM

Oct 2013
Loved that ED :o so harrowing and beautiful.

Sad they cut the part with
but oh well.

Pacing is almost too slow at times, but overall I am quite enjoying this as an adaptation.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 29, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
Enjoyable episode, the plot moves forward again, good sign. I am increasingly confident that Professor Megu, both now dead. Drawings and animations good, I hope that the anime is not limited only in the past show girls, but that give room to advance the story about how they can escape from the school overrun by zombies.
Oct 4, 2015 12:17 PM

May 2012
So they've left the school! Quite interesting, I do wonder where they'll go next!
Oct 5, 2015 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, I take back what I said in my last post, Megu-nee is way too ''off''. In fact, I just realised that she never really interact with anything. Well, she did interacted with the door last episode, but then again, the girls never saw it because they were all hiding. Seriously, if this is again one of Yuki delusion, it is really creepy. I mean, seriously, having to act like your dead teacher is still there is kinda fucked up.
lol, what am I saying. Everything will be daijobu.

Talk about a moody episode and ending. That song at the end was perfect. It was almost like it was Miki reflection on her past struggling day. She probably must regret not having stop her friend.

I feel really dirty for having immidiately noticed Miki odd... panties ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Seriously, what was up with that? It looked like damn lingerie.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 3, 2015 3:30 PM
Feb 2015
I loved the ending of this episode, I was supposed to go to sleep but fuck you Taroumaru and this fucking cliffhanger
Dec 28, 2015 5:08 PM

Jun 2013
Nice episode, I like the pacing among the past and the present...

Kurumi best character.
I'm learning english.
May 24, 2016 3:00 AM

Apr 2011
Kurumi really knows how to use that shovel.

I find Kei leaving Miki behind stupid but understandable. They both have different opinions. Instead of fighting about it, they silently separated instead. Her background is grim and dark how her normal life fall apart and seeing a gruesome scene at the elevator hit it.

Despite her backstory what really caught my attention was Miki's choice of lingerie. I find her wearing stockings with garterbelt quite erotic.
Jun 12, 2016 11:08 AM

Feb 2013
That ED was too much... T_T

I'm kinda confused. I thought Megu-nee is just part of Yuki's delusions and that changed after last episode where the three of them directly addressed Megu-nee. Or...were they just saying it to play along in Yuki's delusions? O__O

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 21, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2011
I like how Miki even sleeps with her garterbelt on. :3
Jul 9, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Damn it, Kei.

*sees what Miki wears underneath her uniform*

Miki... LAWD JESUS!

*car hits zombie*

Yuki: Potholes.

Me: *facepalm*
RobJul 9, 2016 10:24 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 15, 2016 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
A zombie series is never complete without a mall scene. It's the very essence of zombie films lol

Miki is one of my favorite characters. I can understand her friend though, it's difficult living in one place during a zombie attack. She's not entirely wrong about wanting to leave. Staying there can drive you mad, not knowing if there's a safer place.

Kurumi was such a badass in this episode.
臭い-
Mar 5, 2017 5:54 PM

Feb 2013
DAT ED!!!!! ;a;//
✈️
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.