Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2015 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, so we get some of Yuki's flashbacks during the time when she was at friends.

So in essence, I think the finale reflects a bit of her memories and journey to where she is now.
Also it looks like Kurumi got better now. Good to know~

Going to miss Taroumaru ......

This show has graduated. Not entirely sure yet what to rate it though...I'm thinking maybe 7/10.

Subs are delayed.
Do not ask for subs and don't ask for or share links to Download/Steaming websites or other copyrighted material
AversaSep 24, 2015 12:50 PM
Sep 24, 2015 5:57 AM

Jan 2015

Great finale for a great series.
Oh god, taoroumaruuuuu T^T
Kei at the ending... and I see, I see, the letter has been picked up by Touko <3
AOTS so far, I will miss this show.
9/10 second season please
XenocrisiNov 7, 2015 7:18 AM
Sep 24, 2015 6:12 AM

Mar 2014
My eyes where teared up almost the entire episode. First enjoyment then sadness then enjoyment again.
AOTS from me.

Here is the stitched image near the end, I hope someone can post a versions without the blur or fade out.

DesuTronicSep 24, 2015 6:59 AM
Sep 24, 2015 6:21 AM

Sep 2014
Glasses uni-girl, aka Touko picked up their letter at the end.

I reckon a season 2 will be announced sometime In the near future, manga sales alone warrant It. Pre-BD sales of volume 1 has been steadily decent for 2 weeks now, but we'll have to wait and see next week with how much that's held up.

My personal AOTS, and a great watch. Disappointing changes here and there but when you sit and think about It, they aimed for continuity and a more cohesive story, and for every change they added something new and exciting. The manga I believe Is better, but It's not without It's problems with some issues regarding certain questions, while the anime answered for most of them which made the anime more than worth for watching as a manga-reader. I enjoyed the fact they gave Yuki a far more coherent way to tackle her issues and overcome them.

Bring on season 2.

For those out of the loop, chapter 39 has been translated and type-setted by myself, head onto reddit.com/r/GakkouGurashi for a link. For those wanting to continue the story or just read the manga, you can find all the details and chapters In our megathread.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2015 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
At last Kurumi has been Save Thank God.
Sep 24, 2015 6:27 AM

Jan 2015
Livv said:
Glasses uni-girl, aka Touko picked up their letter at the end.

Oh yes, i didn't see the glasses, it's Touko. If they showed her maybe a second season will be announced soon.
Sep 24, 2015 7:08 AM

Jan 2013
did they addapt this page ?

Sep 24, 2015 7:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Note: Subs are delayed....Was announced a few mins ago

Gotta say that this series went out on a strong note with the intensity and feels but thank God things looked up well at the end

Still, it's pretty sad to say goodbye to that cute dog, I wished that they cold have saved him too TwT Megu-nee as well

Overall this series definitely surprised me and I won't be surprised if this gets a second season tbh

7/10 for me
Sep 24, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
At last this retarded adaptation is now over.
I've never hated an adaptation of a manga I'm reading this much before. Next year the interest for the manga is dead because the anime killed it.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 24, 2015 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
Hmm, the last episode was surprisingly uplifting compared to episodes 10 and 11. It's too bad that this episode hardly had any of the dark and disturbing atmosphere that the previous two episodes had.
Still an enjoyable episode and a good ending to this show. I was afraid Taroumaru would survive, but thankfully he died. At least the girls saw him one more dezombified before he died.

Gakkougurashi was a crazy ride. At first the SOL comedy parts annoyed me, until I warmed up to the cast halfway through the show. Then I started enjoying the laid back parts, because I actually thought the characters deserved a break every now and then.

There are several unresolved plot points, such as their school. How did the school know a zombie apocalypse was coming? I hope season 2 (if it gets announced) will clarify this. I'd also love some background stories for the main girls. Only Miki has had some sort of a story (with Kei.) Uhh by the way, was that Kei we saw at the end when the girls were driving away from school?

8/10, mostly because of the amazing episodes 10 and 11. Sound and art direction was sublime, especially during the more twisty and disturbing scenes. The soundtrack had a few standout tracks, but it was utilized very well.
It could've been a 9/10 if the pacing were a bit higher and there were some more character development.

I might even buy the manga once it's released... Somewhere in November, I believe.
Sep 24, 2015 7:59 AM

May 2009
Jesus Christ, this fucking dog ruined everything. Why was that little shit suddenly alive?
Sep 24, 2015 7:59 AM

Jun 2015
Glad Kurumi got rescued in time. R.I.P to the teacher and the doggie. Very nice to see Yuki "grow up" during the course of the series, altho i cant really call it that since at the start her delusions were the result of trauma.

Overall i give it an 8. Even the fillers were good and many scenes were purposeful. Havent read the manga but will def give it a go.

PS : As of time of this post, subs still not out where im at.. watched it raw, tho only understood 75% D:

Sep 24, 2015 8:02 AM

Jan 2015
bastek66 said:
Jesus Christ, this fucking dog ruined everything. Why was that little shit suddenly alive?

I loved Taroumaru's death. And I think that there's another dog xD
Sep 24, 2015 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
Taroumaru is the true MVP for saving everyone. Damnit Lerche, why did you have to play with my feels. First you cured Taro, and then you kill him off with a smile. Teared up like a baby at that part. Yuki looked pretty cute with those minitwintails like in the manga during the grad ceremony. Also, that lone zombie looked a lot like Kei (maybe it was her). Felt bad for Miki for losing Tarou in her arms.

The post-credits scene hints a possible season two with

Overall, the anime improved some parts of the manga in the earlier chapters, but I liked how the manga dealt with the final arc way better than the anime did. 7.5 (round up to an 8)/10 for me.
YoxalLoyalSep 24, 2015 8:16 PM
Sep 24, 2015 8:06 AM

Mar 2014
bastek66 said:
I'm sad but also laughing at what you said. Why gotta be so rude?
Sep 24, 2015 8:10 AM

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Am i the only who thought that the zombies were bullying Yuki? Lol.
Bullying? I thought they wanted to eat her...
Sep 24, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2009
In my case, this show started as a bad manga-adaptation and after around 8th episode it turned into an original series about zombie apocalypse. When you think of it as an original anime series, everything tastes better than a salty adaptation.

So yeah, 7.5/10
Sep 24, 2015 8:31 AM

Feb 2015
I was happy with the resolution. Not as good as it could have been if they did something totally horrifying such as killing off most of the cast, but it was good enough that I know I'll want to see it again at some point.

It seems clear to me that enjoyment of this show centred on how much you enjoyed Yuki as a character, because the art was pretty bad, and how willing you'd be to enjoy the intricacies of the plot would be dependent on how much you liked the characters.

Very good show overall 8/10.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Sep 24, 2015 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
the biggest change from the manga is that yuki did something useful

second season pls
Sep 24, 2015 8:49 AM

Feb 2015
juicykitten95 said:
the biggest change from the manga is that yuki did something useful

second season pls

It's funny, I don't actually care whether or not there's a second season. I was going to give this show a 7, but the resolution actually wrapped everything up in a way that left it open for another season if and only if the audience cared for one. Well done them.

Sep 24, 2015 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
politoadboy said:
Probably my least favourite anime this season that I've watched, next to Charlotte
I assume you didn't watch many anime this season?
Sep 24, 2015 9:39 AM

Feb 2015
politoadboy said:
DesuTronic said:
I assume you didn't watch many anime this season?

No, only ten. Gurashi was my personal least favourite.

It's not very meaningful if you don't expound on why you feel the way you do.

Sep 24, 2015 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
This was a series that really could have been so, so much better than what we actually got. The combination of moe and horror did not work at all, especially with the moe obstructing and dominating over the horror of the zombies far too much. At least an episode and a half of pure filler, and arguably more depending on how useful you feel the moe was. The characters, especially fucking Yuki and that damn dog Taroumaru, were pretty lame and difficult to like, though Kurumi was pretty awesome.

Honestly, all things considered, I'm only giving this 7/10 because the underlying zombie story was actually really interesting, even if it was mostly put on the backburner for stupid scenes with that stupid fucking dog.

A decent anime, but massively, massively overrated by most people IMO. I really don't get the hype at all.
Sep 24, 2015 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
danieltortoisee said:
This was a series that really could have been so, so much better than what we actually got. The combination of moe and horror did not work at all, especially with the moe obstructing and dominating over the horror of the zombies far too much. At least an episode and a half of pure filler, and arguably more depending on how useful you feel the moe was. The characters, especially fucking Yuki and that damn dog Taroumaru, were pretty lame and difficult to like, though Kurumi was pretty awesome.

Honestly, all things considered, I'm only giving this 7/10 because the underlying zombie story was actually really interesting, even if it was mostly put on the backburner for stupid scenes with that stupid fucking dog.

A decent anime, but massively, massively overrated by most people IMO. I really don't get the hype at all.

The manga had way more zombie involvement than the anime did and in a more linear story with little flashbacks. Also, I'm pretty sure the hype came from the one arc that they skipped, as well as the Kurumi arc, which they dragged out for too long. But, I guess this was just to promote the manga and it's doing a great job at it.
Sep 24, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2009
Sep 24, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2014

A second season is a must for this series

Shovel Knight Kurumi :3

OrangeJPFeb 27, 2016 8:01 PM

Sep 24, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2010
Xenocrisi said:
YoxalLoyal said:

The manga had way more zombie involvement than the anime did and in a more linear story with little flashbacks. Also, I'm pretty sure the hype came from the one arc that they skipped, as well as the Kurumi arc, which they dragged out for too long. But, I guess this was just to promote the manga and it's doing a great job at it.

In any case, they should have followed the manga.

Once again, anime original material did not have as much impact as the original material did. Taroumaru Gurashi! when?
Sep 24, 2015 11:10 AM

Sep 2009
They cut most of the graduation but still ended almost the same as ch. 30 ending. There's 38 or 39 chapters published. Not enough material for S2. We need to wait 2 years at best cause manga is monthly one.

Overall I think they made to much focus on Taromaru but I'm satisfied with this adaptation.
Sep 24, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:

This is way too unfortunately accurate.
Sep 24, 2015 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
Really enjoyed it. Cried a bit when the dog died. Everything was 10/10 for me except for the fan service episode. An adaptation is an interpretation, not a replica. It's not possible to transcribe everything from one format to the other. I believe they did an excellent job with this series and will definitely watch if it gets a 2nd season. (Which I am expecting)
Sep 24, 2015 11:52 AM

Oct 2010
bastek66 said:

Why isn't Taroumaru listed as the main character...
Sep 24, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
God I watched it raw because the subs weren't out yet and I still bawled my eyes out! Poor doggie!!! And was that Zombie-Kei? O_O

Glad to see the girls get the hell out of there. Hoping for a season two.
Sep 24, 2015 12:38 PM
Jun 2010
I like how the dog is the main character. 1/10
Sep 24, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2010
Was it just me or was half the episode wasted on some mud that didn't even appear in the manga?
In any case i didn't expect the world but i still think they could have done better as mentioned in previous episode threads the plot was pretty much wasted.
And i think there was way more potential in this anime.

Thread cleaned

Posts asking for subs removed.
Quote chaining and quote towers removed.
Do no ask for subs or where to watch this it's against the board rules
AversaSep 24, 2015 12:47 PM
Sep 24, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
I gotta say I liked this episode.
When Rii-san thanked Megu-nee I cried a little bit.
However, that cliffhanger! Looks like that a second season has green light.
It's a 8.50 (a 9, actually) out of 10 for me. It was very different from the manga.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Sep 24, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
I stayed awake all night just to wait for the subs, and up until now there are still no f*cking subs, so I just watched the RAW.

Really sad episode, especially when Yuuri said thank you to megu-nee, she will always be in my heart T^T, I'm also pretty sad about taroumaru, I thought at first that he was gonna live.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT KEI IS DEAD, manga or not, I will keep believing that she is still alive, unless they show that zombies face and it really is kei.

Happy Graduation! Always so hard graduating *cough* angel beats, sakurasou *cough* 10/10, would very much like a second season
Sep 24, 2015 2:25 PM

Dec 2013
7/10

What I liked :
More of Megu-nee is always a good thing, they did a really good job with the twist at episode 1, good music, and more importantly

What I hated :
The dog is fucking cancer, everything felt less impactful compared to the manga, still upset that Mii-kun is a total different person (in the anime), the zombies were awkward and retarted and I hated the original anime scenes.
TobiSep 24, 2015 2:30 PM
Sep 24, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
Simply beautiful. On another note with the cameo of a certain future character at the end hints possibly at a season 2 way down the line
Sep 24, 2015 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
They really didn't adapt any of the helicopter mini-arc, huh...? Sad... This was a solid adaptation but its biggest problem was that it botched Yuuri's development. Honestly, I didn't even think the manga was that great until near the end of the first major arc (the last 2 or 3 episodes) when Yuuri finally broke down. Her development is almost entirely what has made the manga for me so far. The anime failed to capture her emotions nearly as well as its source did, which is a big problem for me. It's almost like she was pushed even further back as a supporting character. meh.

I don't really have much to complain about with this as an adaptation aside from that point, but that is unfortunately a major issue for me.

That said, as much as I liked a lot of the filler, I'd agree that there was too much focus on the dog. Still, I prefer this way of going about it better than most adaptations which completely butcher the source for the sake of cramming enough material into 12 episodes that could fill 24 episodes instead.

VanishingKira said:
Not as innovative or good as people made it out to be 5/10.

If there is a second season probably will watch it but wouldn't expect it to get significantly better.

The next arc of the manga is the best part of it so far IMO. Significantly so.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 24, 2015 5:04 PM

Apr 2015
Not much happened as much as I had hoped (and several things felt like they were dealt with briefly and never looked over again), but it was a sweet ending and overall alright show. RIP Taroumaru, and here's to the four girls' future. Reading the manga should be a refreshing ride. 7/10
Sep 24, 2015 7:06 PM

May 2012
good job! in the first 5 minutes you rendered all the events leading up to this fucking pointless! grade A writing right there! and they left the ending open ended! what could be better! and everytime the show had some steam building up it just stops.... like last episode and the one before were actually decent.... and now this.... bad pacing is bad... sigh.... i shouldve expected as much going into this series... oh well i guess.. 3 or 4/10 i suppose...
Sep 24, 2015 7:37 PM

Dec 2014
ernst said:
I've never hated an adaptation of a manga I'm reading this much before. Next year the interest for the manga is dead because the anime killed it.
Reasons why I hate mangatards and that mean something since I am one.
Sep 24, 2015 7:39 PM
Jul 2015
I was so shocked to see Kei-Zombie. Just whoa, and poor Tarumoru. I just wow.
I need a season 2.
Sep 24, 2015 7:41 PM

Aug 2015
NipahAllDay said:
ernst said:
Reasons why I hate mangatards and that mean something since I am one.
Sep 24, 2015 7:49 PM

Nov 2007
Well, glad they will be going to different places and hopefully meet new people.... umm if it gets animated anyway.

7/10
Sep 24, 2015 8:02 PM
Jul 2010
Y'all be trippin' if you hate on this anime. Have we forgotten all the cookie cutter garbage that's aired recently?
I won't name names but this is a great anime that is not scared to do uncomfrotable things. People die, dogs die, characters change.
Sep 24, 2015 8:05 PM

Oct 2010
Rewatched it in English subs. Did anyone notice the other dog at the ending credits. Taroumaru 2.0 incoming.

Sep 24, 2015 8:12 PM

Feb 2014
Ehhhhh. Honestly that ending was a little too happy :/ I know it sounds wierd but I was hoping for something more tragic to happen. Oh well RIP Taroumaru.

Still though, aside from a few episodes, I thought the show was great. I hate moe sol shows but this is one that managed to keep me entertained most of the time. I think its just because I kept reminding myself that they are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse :P

Overall 8/10; I don't care if it wasn't perfect or as amazing as some people were expecting, this show was unique and tried to do something different unlike a lot of anime we get nowadays. Honestly though my only wish is that for season 2 (if we get one) is that they stop the moe crap, I think that was the only thing holding the show back imo
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Sep 24, 2015 8:22 PM

Dec 2014
Rocksterrock said:
Ehhhhh. Honestly that ending was a little too happy :/ I know it sounds wierd but I was hoping for something more tragic to happen. Oh well RIP Taroumaru.

Still though, aside from a few episodes, I thought the show was great. I hate moe sol shows but this is one that managed to keep me entertained most of the time. I think its just because I kept reminding myself that they are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse :P

Overall 8/10; I don't care if it wasn't perfect or as amazing as some people were expecting, this show was unique and tried to do something different unlike a lot of anime we get nowadays. Honestly though my only wish is that for season 2 (if we get one) is that they stop the moe crap, I think that was the only thing holding the show back imo
Fair opinion and I like the signature you put in.
Sep 24, 2015 8:26 PM

Jan 2012
Well it's late, but the finale's up. And so our girls graduate, thankful for the sacrifices made by those they've left behind, and ready to jump headfirst into the larger world. Certainly sounds like an allegory to me. :D The way Yuki was able to make the zombies disperse makes sense, and I'm glad Kurumi was able to be saved. Interesting that Taromarou was briefly cured before ultimately passing on. Makes Megu-nee's inability to reach the cure in time seem all the more tragic. This was a strong series, a first of its kind to my knowledge, a cute girls doing cute things slice of zombie apocalypse life. It was also a very difficult series to sit through emotionally, very draining. I wept quite a bit these last two episodes. :D

I'm not really big on zombie stuff simply because all zombie movies seem to end the same way: either the zombies flatout "win" killing all the protagonists, or a few protagonists survive, but the zombies still "win" in the sense that the epidemic is still going strong. Not too many zombie stories where both our heroes survive and the menace has been contained and on its way to being ended...that I can think of anyway, though I'm not an expert. Anywho yeah, our girls are stuck in that apocalypse and it's unlikely they'll ever find a way out. In general I don't watch anime to be depressed, if anything I watch it to alleviate depression, but every now and then I can appreciate a good show even if it's depressing. Mixing cute girl slice of life with tragic horror created some interesting results but...I think I've had my fill of the experiment. :D 8/10
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.