Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 11, 2015 6:27 AM

Mar 2009
Saturn19 said:
I didn't understand the movie at all, what did I miss? why does an alien visit bulma's house so casually? why does everyone fear frieza? did it all happen in an alternate universe? I'm so confused right now.

That alien is Jaco, from the Jaco manga, a one volume spin- off manga for Dragon Ball. At that manga, Jaco is meeting with Bulma sister- Tights. Bulma also is shown at the end of the manga at 4 years old.
So, if you didn't read the manga you'll know nothing about Jaco.
Oct 11, 2015 7:25 AM

Mar 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
sim0n2170 said:
Good movie but god dammit Vegeta gets his spotlight to finish Freiza stolen by Goku.

The spotlight that he missed even without Goku interruption and blew the Earth?
Excuse him for wanting to relish the fact he's finally going to get his revenge.
Oct 11, 2015 7:34 AM

Feb 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
How weak did Gohan get that Frieza owned him in his first form? I just can't..this movie is stupid.

Lmao I forgot about this, that scene was hilarious af too, he almost killed him with one punch.
Oct 11, 2015 11:12 AM

Nov 2009
xizor said:
Frieza: "If I train for 4 months I can reach power level of 1300000"
"If I train for 4 months I can reach almost 1/100 of the power I had when I was one-shotted in the previous fight"...?

I guess maybe he meant 1.3m in his base form (which had a power level of 530k back in the Namek saga), but even then...
Oct 11, 2015 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
please stop screwing over Gohan.......please
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Oct 11, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2010
If there was no beerus-sama, the movie would have a 4-5/10, so it has a 6/10.
what the fuck with the animation ?
it's a terrible mix of drawings and 3D animation.
they should choose for one or another, but not a mix of the two.
the story is uninteresting, and if there was no beerus for the comic parts, this movie would be really bad.
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Oct 11, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2010
I wonder if people are gonna stop bitching about the movie's ending at some point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2015 6:23 AM

Aug 2010
That was fun. A bit too much CG during the Goku vs Frieza fight tho ^^; But well it felt like the game I guess.

Krillin having a One Piece OP was so lol and 18 thinking of him as cool XD HOW!! OTL

Bulma's design in this movie is really nice. One of my fav versions of her <3

"Ur only thinking less because ur an idiot" Gotta love Vegeta.

No Goten or Trunks but Master Roshi....Wha?!

Gohan was pretty BA against fodder but so damn pathetic when it counted.

Loved the fights against the Fodder tbh. It was fun.

Goku just going SSGSS right away caught me off guard. I didn't expect he'd use it that quickly. It was a nice fight with some awesome scene. Seeing Vegeta OWN was awesome too. Pretty cool that Goku really did kill Frieza.

And Dat hell Frieza was in lololol
Oct 12, 2015 9:03 AM
Apr 2014
Dat "we are" ringtone Krillin has
Frieza looked so fucking lame and that Sorbe beam the random knocks down Goku was just the dumbest thing.
The animation was enjoyable for me even if for those CG scenes
a really generous 6/10, I prefered BOG.
Oct 12, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
Drake1000 said:
Dat "we are" ringtone Krillin has
Frieza looked so fucking lame and that Sorbe beam the random knocks down Goku was just the dumbest thing.
The animation was enjoyable for me even if for those CG scenes

Exactly my thoughts :D
Movie was enjoyable but that's all
Oct 12, 2015 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
It was refreshing to see Yamcha and Ten Shin Han fought those Frieza's underlings, even Muten Roshi. Golden Frieza was a joke. Overall good movie with decent animations 7/10
Barion-Zara said:

That's precisely why it's only need Muten Roshi and the company, because they're nothing more than fodders. Beside side characters need some spotlights once in a while. Seeing Goten & Trunks wiped those fodders while taunting is boring (and annoying) as hell ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Oct 12, 2015 11:11 PM

Apr 2010
Movie was great. Half the complaining is just people whining about power level nonsense.
Oct 13, 2015 2:11 AM

Feb 2010
Meeehh.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Oct 13, 2015 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
Gohan got taken in one blow by Frieza in his first form was quite stupid. He can survived from that.

Goku stole the spotlight from Vegeta to finish Frieza and killed Frieza.
Oct 13, 2015 7:06 PM

Feb 2013
I think I actually enjoyed this movie a little more then I did Battle of the Gods. Mostly because it had a lot more action in it, which honestly was my biggest problem with BotGs.

Although I did have a few minor gripes, like how they MASSIVELY underpowered certain characters, and then just completely excluded others. *cough* 18 *cough*.

Oh, and not to mention how they had Goku steal the glory from Vegeta in the end. Seriously, I was so fucking happy to see Vegeta get the spot light FOR ONCE. But no, of course they had to have Goku save the day >.>.

But yeah, other then that I really did enjoy this movie. It's really great to see DBZ back after all these years :).

Now on to watch Super! Once it actually gets dubbed that is =p.
Oct 13, 2015 11:28 PM
Oct 2012
The animation seems awkward. 1000 soldiers movement.
Overall i love blue haired saiyan than red one
Oct 14, 2015 6:21 AM

Aug 2010
Is this even Dragon Ball? Its pure Goku fanservice at this point. What happened to the other characters?
The power levels are all over the place. Gohan is officially the new Yamcha (now that he doesnt even appear!). One punch almost dead? Did they forget Gohan was the strongest in the Buu Saga? Piccolo trashed by a random Frieza soldier?? Master Roshi??? Where is Goten and Trunks? Never seeing fusion again I guess... Where is Buu? Oh right, hes a potato now. And people shit talk GT....
Dislike those God tranformations, they look lazy designs. Frieza transformation? Man thats super lazy and ugly. How about you look at Coolers tranformation? Now thats something.
The jokes are forced and repetitive. Stupid laser that hurts Goku somehow. Frieza that puts his hand on the floor and blows up a planet in 2 seconds. Covenient time travel power.
If this the route Dragon Ball is taking, then I would rather have the story finish in the Buu Saga.
Oct 14, 2015 9:08 AM

May 2014
This movie is so amazing! especially the quality just wow, 10/10
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Oct 14, 2015 11:01 AM

May 2010
I quite liked this movie, it was most definitely a great change up from dbs both in quality and story speed. i wish they at least kept up this sort of pacing and quality in dbs.

i do hope they explain the galactic patrol guy, bulma's sister and the blue saiyan hair in dbs or future movies.

Con:
-Gohan way too weak yet again its like hes been cast aside.
-Freeza getting too strong in such a short time.
-Who was that galactic patrol guy

Pro:
-Animation actually looked good, and the explosions and other effects were great, specially compared to dbs
-The Story was nice and fast, without too many boring times.

p.s.
how does saiyan transformations work now?
ssj1 > ssj2 > ssj3 > ssj1g0.5(blue hair) > ssj1g1(red hair)?

then what about vegeta skipping ssj3?
would it be like this instaid then:
ssj1 > ssj2 > ssj3
ssj1 > ssj1g0.5(blue hair) > ssj1g1(red hair)
making ssj1gX a different branch like ssj1-2-3 being normal plain of existance form and ssj1gX an ascension form?
AapjuhOct 14, 2015 11:07 AM
Oct 15, 2015 6:27 PM

Jan 2014
GrumpyWolf said:
Is this even Dragon Ball? Its pure Goku fanservice at this point. What happened to the other characters?
The power levels are all over the place. Gohan is officially the new Yamcha (now that he doesnt even appear!). One punch almost dead? Did they forget Gohan was the strongest in the Buu Saga? Piccolo trashed by a random Frieza soldier?? Master Roshi??? Where is Goten and Trunks? Never seeing fusion again I guess... Where is Buu? Oh right, hes a potato now. And people shit talk GT....
Dislike those God tranformations, they look lazy designs. Frieza transformation? Man thats super lazy and ugly. How about you look at Coolers tranformation? Now thats something.
The jokes are forced and repetitive. Stupid laser that hurts Goku somehow. Frieza that puts his hand on the floor and blows up a planet in 2 seconds. Covenient time travel power.
If this the route Dragon Ball is taking, then I would rather have the story finish in the Buu Saga.
Seriously.

Honestly there wasn't even a plot. It was freizas here...again. KILL HIM.

That 4 month training shit was jumpsuit.

Also the whole fight with the soldiers were stupid. Krillin could have killed them all by himself. And if not krillin, THEN DEFINITELY PICCOLO. EVEN MORE SO GOHAN. WTH Gohan. Seriously. What happened to my fave character. God. Honestly this whole movie was just goku jacking himself. Vegeta didn't even get to fight more then 2 minutes.
Don't even get me started on master roshi. He had no place there. But you know who did? Turn, yamcha, BUU, GOTEN, TRUNKS, UUB.

Speaking of uub. Where the hell is he.

Jaco...I don't even know what to say about this thing.

God.....God

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Oct 18, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
This movies sucks and animation was worst my, hype about this really killed... Battle of God still better than this shit
Oct 18, 2015 10:18 AM
Aug 2012
So, did Toriyama hint in another fusion between Goku and Vegeta in the near future?
Oct 18, 2015 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
Crap...
Sidaliroy said:
This movie is so amazing! especially the quality just wow, 10/10
your not joking right?
Oct 19, 2015 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
As I expected when the movie was announced, it was be boring(Note: It had it's moments like Gohan being washed up, but that's nothing new. Base form OP now, etc.). Toriyama opened up a new can of worms in Kami to Kami. What does he decide to do with it's sequel? Bring back a villain we've already seen defeated 2 times prior instead of a new one. The movie's fate was sealed from the start. Now we have to wait for Super to have new plot developments. If I had to give a rating, it would be 5/10. 2 for the new form. 3 for Gohan being washed up, and Frieza knocking him out cold like a badass. Never in my life would I have expected that I would give Frieza props.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 19, 2015 2:01 AM

Aug 2013
This movie is way better than the last one. It's not even close. Goku is the main character, but I do like seeing other people fight too. Do they have any chance against the main villain? Of course not. They can still fight fodder though.

The power levels made no sense, but it strangely didn't bother me. Obviously, Master Roshi had no business being there. I would've liked to see Gohan put up a bit of a fight too. I can't believe how weak he is now.

I wish Vegeta got the final blow. The whole turning back time was bullshit. Goku hogging the glory again!

7/10
Oct 19, 2015 1:13 PM
Aug 2012
Goku should have just kicked him and shout something like "Vegeta, now!"
Oct 19, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
yeah... this movie was seriously bad. it felt like a giant inside joke. maybe some producers paid the studio top money and they're like fuck it we'll create this shit just to piss them off. lol
Oct 20, 2015 8:08 PM

Mar 2011
Decent movie. The action was at least entertaining and animation well done. Goku gets the most spotlight here but I find his fighting scenes to be boring tbh. I was excited when Vegeta gets to beat the living shit out Frieza but of course, some bullshit happens and he blows up Earth when he's clearly out of energy and not in his golden form? Then more bullshit when Goku finishes him off with his one signature move, of course. Wtf is all I can say. Besides from this anticlimatic and disappointing ending, I did find some mild enjoyment watching this. I especially like the Beerus and Whis training scenes. I hope when the anime reaches this arc it'll be much better done with the explanation of how Frieza got his new form and a more satisfying end to this fight. 7/10, for Vegeta scenes and when Frieza knocks out Gohan with one sucker punch LOL
Oct 20, 2015 9:23 PM

May 2012
Just watched the dub today and while it was great to hear the character's voices again, overall I was really underwhelmed. My biggest problem was Frieza's power up and pretty much every aspect about it. Frieza got too strong too quick, with not even a few lines explaining the kind of training he did to achieve that level of strength and at the same time didn't become strong enough to be a serious threat to Goku and Vegeta.

While the Z-fighters(and Jaco) all getting their moments to shine against the fodder was actually pretty cool, Gohan having regressed so hard that he got one shotted by first form Frieza, powered up or not, was pitiful. Not bringing Gotenks and 18 along, but bringing Tien and Roshi, even for the given reasons, just goes to show how lightly this whole situation was being taken. Don't even get me started on Frieza somehow blowing up the planet in a millisecond after being wrecked by Vegeta and Goku's kill stealing bs thereafter.

Despite all those faults, I still managed to enjoy it, but there was a definite lack of tension once Goku and Vegeta showed up. 7/10 only because it's DBZ, would be a 6/10 otherwise.
Oct 21, 2015 1:05 PM

Aug 2011
This movie was very bad.

1. frieza powered so much just to have a villain for the movie and didn't want to bother with good explanation. Seriously 4 months of training thats your excuse??? it's LAME and LAZY

2. Goahan's power should be somewhere just above SSJ 2, which means he can easily beat normal frieza

3. Piccolo's power when he was reunified with Kami should be somewhere close to SSJ 2, which means he can easily beat normal frieza

4. 18 power is above of SSJ , which means she can easily beat normal freieza

5. Goten and Trunks are both SSJ so probably they can beat normal frieza not to mention Gotenks who can go SSJ 3

and we get a Piccolo almost beaten by a guy who got one shoted by SSJ Gohan and everyone being afraid of normal frieza WTF.
Not to mention the other characters especially Roshi. It 's like dragonball z never happend.
And that's not all the plot was just really bad who ever made it was really really lazy and bored.

I gave the movie a 6 only for the animation, which was really good!
Oct 21, 2015 2:24 PM

Mar 2012
Oh god...this movie....I had to force myself to watch this one, Gohan man, what is Toriyama doing to the guy, he's so wimpy to the point he can't even stay in SS1 form, he was one of my favourite characters, whhhhyyyyy; and if he couldn't find his fighting gear couldn't Piccolo just zap him a new one? LOL

Goten and Trunks should've been there, I'm pretty sure they could've handled anything even without fusion.

They were using those sensu beans like Vitamin A, I missed the old DBZ where they didn't even use sensu beans like they needed to rely on it.

I CAN'T GET OVER HOW WIMPY GOHAN IS HOLY CRAP
Oct 23, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2010
Lol @ sorbet meeting frieza in the past. Plot hole.

Lol @ frieza being told by his father that he shouldn't fight lord beerus or majin buu due to their superior power level. Plot hole again.

Roffll @paco being the first to found out about frieza being brought back to life but he never told you how.

Lmaaao @ frieza only taking four to six months to already surpassed majin buu in strength and go even further than that. Unbelievable factor hit..11!

Lmaooo @ goku being shot out of his super saiyan blue state from sorbets laser ki gun at heart point. Trying to play the realism card now?

Lmaooo @ goku and vegeta being involved only due to their popularity with the fans but these two didn't even need to be since especially since you already have piccolo,android 18 and gohan who already surpassed both goku and frieza on their first fight on namek. Frieza is such a irrelevant threat to them at this point. It's like they think we don't pay attention

Rofflll @ lord beerus can cause explosion through squeezing

Rofflll @ frieza being in that random field of nothing but happiness and cutesy and peace.They very opposite of his core.

I hate how underutilized android 18 continues to be. Sure she's a mom but Doesn't make much sense to let your weaker husband fight the battle for you especially if you have the power to beat frieza.!

Overall

Frieza being forced as fuck to try and remain relevant in the current story is sad which makes the film funny as ****

3/5
The_Nut_CrackerOct 26, 2015 4:29 PM
Oct 23, 2015 10:26 AM

May 2015
dank dialogues it was so funny I thought I was on reddit
frieza's hell was cute XD
Oct 24, 2015 4:04 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome film not as good as Battle of Gods imo, just wish the battle with Frieza was better paced since there was a few awkward stops, overall though 9/10

Looking forward to seeing how DB Super handles this as an arc.
Oct 24, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
after all these years Vegeta is still best tsundere, DBZ is now a comedy isnt it? the funny bits were far better than the action ones, didnt like that they wasted so much time on fodder beating, also so many characters were massively nerfed
overall inferior to the previous movie, Frieza looks so outta place in this funny movie

6/10
Oct 25, 2015 6:29 AM

Jul 2009
Are you kidding me with this garbage? Even by idiotic Dragonball standards, this was unacceptable! His revenge consisted of sitting around and being berated by Bulma? Master Roshi back on the battlefield and holding his own? How did Gohan get so scrawny in such a short amount of time? Why would Vegeta even consider Frieza's offer, given their history!? Am I the only person grossed out by a 41 year old Mai and a 12 year old Trunks in a relationship!? This movie was Lord Slug levels of awful and Beerus is the only cool thing Dragonball has done since Future Trunks! Thumbs down forever!!
Oct 26, 2015 9:07 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty decent 7/10.

Everyone but Goku and Vegeta where pretty damn pathetic tbh. I mean, what the hell. Piccolo had trouble with a guy as strong as Zarbon? Last time he fought seriously was against Android 17 and they were evenly matched. Android 17 being much stronger than Frieza and a regular Super Saiyan. I'm not going to even bother mentioning Gohan; he went full nerd.

Aside from that it was pretty cool. Lots of fun little moments, like finding out Krillin is a cop and his amazing waifu 18 thinking he was 'cool' as he flew off. Seeing Jaco in this was also pretty neat. I enjoyed that spin-off Toriyama made a few years back. Last but not least, seeing Mutten Roshi in action after so many years of being a minor side character.

LMAO the ending though "okaeri frieza!.......NOOoooooOOOOOOOo."

FullmetalRaikouOct 26, 2015 9:11 PM
Oct 29, 2015 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
The art was very good.

For the rest. This sucked.

Why do the henchmen want frieza back?
How did freeza get golden frieza?
Why does he act like a bitch after beeing freed from earth hell?
Is literary every one of their henchmen that weak?
Why does roshi fight but yamcha doesn't?
When did vegeta get super saiyen god?
What the hell is super saiyen god anyway?

This movie was as predictable as it gets.
Only sort of fun thing was good animation and krillin/roshi/tien actually make themselves usesless. For the story... 1/10

verdict: 4/10
Oct 30, 2015 3:41 PM
Sep 2011
KokoroYuudai said:
Speaking of uub. Where the hell is he.

Pan was just born, Goku doesn't meet Uub until Pan is around four years old. I guess they could include a cameo, maybe elaborate on his backstory a little.

Buu on the other hand has no excuse for being absent. It's particularly annoying because of the whole thing with Frieza's father telling him never to challenge Buu. If we had seen Frieza beat him, it would have been a nice way to show just how much stronger he's become.

The premise of this movie is admittedly silly and a lot of it feels pointless, like a character getting taken down only to immediately get a Senzu, and having the whole thing spectated by two characters who could end the conflict in a heartbeat. Not to mention Goku and Vegeta getting their blue Super Saiyan forms off-screen. The whole thing feels more like a spectacle or a sporting event, rather than a conflict for the fate of the world. And don't even get me started on Whis's time reversing power. It's like there was never really any hint of a threat until Frieza blew up the planet... and in less than five minutes!

It's also kind of silly how the movie has been saying "Goku and Vegeta need to learn to work together. Not to be so overconfident" and then in the end they're like. "I think we might have learned a lesson.... nah. I like my way better." ...Battle shounen protagonists for ya.

I know it's pretty typical DBZ affair but with how extreme the power gap between Goku-Vegeta and the others is, it felt like loads of padding having the others fight the swarm of soldiers only to become immediately useless once they were all gone. At least in the past the enemy fought by Gohan and the others was enough of a threat to keep things interesting while the main villain sat back and watched. Instead the fight just feels like it's supposed to look cool, without any real weight.

I did like how much continuity porn the movie had, like Frieza remembering Krillin and Bulma recalling that she had never actually seen Frieza. I also liked a lot of Frieza's comments on the situation, like noticing that Gohan was specifically using non-lethal attacks and him reacting to Gohan going Super Saiyan.

This Jaco character... I feel like he's supposed to be part of something else entirely, like a manga crossover thing like the time Arale from Dr. Slump appeared in Dragonball. And unlike movie exclusive characters such as Tapion, it doesn't feel like there's any context for Jaco. He's just sort of there because, like they wanted to promote his manga or something. I did like his character though. He's pretty entertaining with his sour "I'm just doing my job" kind of personality.

Vegeta without his arrogance and pride issues is interesting to say the least. I would have expected him to immediately jump Frieza and start screaming about how his people were destroyed by him and blah blah blah pride blah blah prince of all blah blah, but no, he's surprisingly calm and dismissive of Frieza, again, treating the whole thing like a sporting event and he's waiting for his turn to play.

Definitely a movie you're supposed to just turn your brain off and watch, but as long as it's not boring, I'm in favor of more movies like this.
Oct 31, 2015 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
Why did Pilaf not simply say his wish when he summoned Shen Long? There's no logical answer to this, it's just so the story could play out like it did ._.
And come on, what's with the power levels, Piccolo alone should've been enough to handle these soldiers in 10 seconds. But he's going "equal" with that red guy, seriously? Though it was pretty damn cool that Mutenroshi got to fight and even fire a Kamehameha :D
Freezer gettin' this strong in a few months is retarded btw and both him and Goku looked stupid in their "final forms".
Okay now you're really shittin' me, that little piece of crap has a weaopn that can actually PIERCE SON GOKU??? What is this bullshit?
Also Whis is as exciting as Superman, he can do everything, why should we even worry anymore? lol

Okay that sounds like a rant, but it also had it good moments. But Dragonball will never get "good" again at this rate. Dragonball Super sucks and the movies don't make any sense with Gods like Beerus get introduced who are basically invulnerable.
Nov 6, 2015 6:06 PM
Oct 2008
So many things pissed me off about this... But the worst part was definitely seeing Master Roshi be there.
Nov 11, 2015 9:45 AM
Nov 2009
I never realized this before but Frieza is such a one-dimensional villain.

My fav part is Krillin's ringtone. 8/10
Nov 12, 2015 6:14 AM

Dec 2012
I liked this movie, the introduction was a bit long (the first half of the movie) but the fights were beautiful.
Vegeta was so badass when he tried to exterminate Freeza, but he failed because for once the villain is not a stupid character. The best part was when Freeza destroyed the earth because he lost the battle, it's rare to see a foe with a brain.
It was a good sequel to battle of gods.
Nov 12, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2013
Battle Of Gods was just blah blah talking and a Slow Ass Fight in the end mixed in with useless and completely unneeded CGI.

Resurrection F tries to rectify that by making it more cinematic and very little CGI and less talking. So nice to see the beams and effects CGI free, almost anyway. The fight scenes had some nice choreography but damn it was fkn slow!!!! DBZ is about speed but they fkn slowed that shit down that it made the movie feel kinda boring. Even the timing of the jokes, dialogue and shit was slow. That's the biggest problem of em all.

Speaking of talking however. Battle Of Gods had much more talking but at least it never interrupted in the big fight. This fkn movie did that.

Also they keep fuckin up Gohan. He did fuck all here and its such a disappointment. Same goes for the rest. I wanna see em do more though it was nice seeing Master Roshi kick some ass even though it didn't make a shred of sense how he can even put a fkn dent in those soldiers.

Why the fuck is Tien always there? Makes no sense since he's bloody weak......weaker than Krillin.

Frieza didn't seem like THAT much of a threat as he was supposed to be. He barely put up much of a fight and had to resort to a shady trick. Freiza is not exactly honorable but I could never imagine him wanting to resort to something as pathetic as that if shit got too much. His pride is as big as Vegeta's so I'd say that was out of character.

It wasn't the epic battle this movie truly deserved. Nothing can touch the Frieza on Planet Namek.

Vegeta still got the short end of the stick. He's like the side man even more than usual. I really wanted to see him kill Freiza but nope, it had to be Goku in the end.

Super Saiyan Ice God, i like this name (:

SSJ3---->Super Saiyan God ANY day. The amount of destruction is fuck all compared to anything DBZ or hell, DB was able to hand out. Goku vs Picollo was more deadly than this on the destruction scale.

Btw why the fuck was Frieza able to detect their power? Their level was supposed to be so fkn huge that its undetectable unless your a God.

I'd say Battle Of Gods was better. had a much better feel and I just enjoyed it m,ore. Kinda weird tbh. the the way shit played out this time just made Freiza look like a fkn joke. Felt a little pointless to bring him back.

Animation & presentation were awesome though. Just wish the speed was at that level. And also the lack of music was annoying.

7/10

Saturn19 said:
I didn't understand the movie at all, what did I miss? why does an alien visit bulma's house so casually? why does everyone fear frieza? did it all happen in an alternate universe? I'm so confused right now.

The alien is from another manga that Akira Toriyama made. Freiza was an ultra bad ass in the series and is a pure evil killing machine that made people including Vegeta, his BITCH! So the scars he left behind still affect em to this day. He's not exactly someone to take lightly man, even if it has been a long time since they last fought.
TheNoseOfDeathNov 12, 2015 3:41 PM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Nov 25, 2015 6:47 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Frieza beaten again that's unfair,no trucks and gotenks *^*

Nov 28, 2015 8:45 AM
Apr 2009
This might be a better topic in the Battle of Gods anime perhaps, but it fits in here as well. How is both these movies canon? The Dragon Ball Super introduction to Beerus and to SSJ God is way different than in the movie Batle of Gods. This movie is literally episodes from Dragon Ball Super. So... Which is exactly canon, the anime series or Battle of Gods movie?! :S
Signature Removed. Please read the General Forum Guidelines regarding signature size.
Nov 28, 2015 9:00 AM

Mar 2014
Janssonn said:
This might be a better topic in the Battle of Gods anime perhaps, but it fits in here as well. How is both these movies canon? The Dragon Ball Super introduction to Beerus and to SSJ God is way different than in the movie Batle of Gods. This movie is literally episodes from Dragon Ball Super. So... Which is exactly canon, the anime series or Battle of Gods movie?! :S
The movies are; the two sequels were directly written by AT, whereas the first two arcs are Toei's rendition of the events to make it longer. AT's direct involvement in DBS is for when it goes multiversal.
Dec 5, 2015 2:03 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty decent movie. Can't really make any complaints that weren't already said, but it is definitely a poor amount of time for Frieza to train to that point. They make it seem like Frieza truly is the ultimate being he imagines himself to be... which he isn't, and it makes no sense for him to just be like "Oh if I give effort for no time at all I'm as strong as a god."

Either way I can't say I didn't enjoy the movie, and I think people who say previous movies were any shorter on their flaws is either seriously over-crediting previous movies due to nostalgia, or just never actually watched them.

It's true that this was a bit anti-climactic and little lacking in purpose, but really most movies additions like this are to any long-running Shounen series... at least in my opinion. Either way this had some nice comedy that really had some of the feels of the earlier days of Dragon Ball. In a series where death has become nothing more than an inconvenience, I think that there's really not much you can add in the action department and still take it all that seriously.

SolitaryDarkness said:
kaitonic said:
Anyway it was fun to watch this and Krillin mobile phone song is One Piece imao.

Well, krillin and ruffy do have the same voice, so maybe it was just a little easter egg (is that the right expression?) for those who watch one piece as well xDxD
Yeah I also loved that little easter egg (yep that's the right word), though it's actually Usopp and Krillin who have the same voice, not Luffy.

Shinreiyagami said:
It was refreshing to see Yamcha and Ten Shin Han fought those Frieza's underlings, even Muten Roshi. Golden Frieza was a joke. Overall good movie with decent animations 7/10
Barion-Zara said:

That's precisely why it's only need Muten Roshi and the company, because they're nothing more than fodders. Beside side characters need some spotlights once in a while. Seeing Goten & Trunks wiped those fodders while taunting is boring (and annoying) as hell ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Correction, Yamcha was no where in that fight. Maybe you're confusing him with Krillin? Yamcha wasn't even in the movie.

Also, it's a fair point about side-characters needing some love... but when the main characters are honestly concerned about the end of the world... it really doesn't make sense to not include their strongest fighters... and honestly it may have made things a little more interesting with at least those 2, if not also Yamcha and Chiaotzu.
Dec 21, 2015 7:28 PM
Sep 2010
This was pretty much the best DBZ movie out of all of them.

"This time, I wil start right off in my final form."

Thank god.

Anyway, I like how this movie highlights Goku's weaknesses. How he never is completely on guard due to his over confidence and the fact that he can be TOO lenient. I hope he works more on that in Dragon Ball Super. I wish Vegeta got to fight more with Frieza, though I am happy that Goku got the last hit.

All and all. It was a pretty solid movie. I enjoyed it.
Uploader53
Jan 8, 2016 11:08 AM
May 2013
DrizzyXP said:
Man, this was bad. If not for the presentation and the first half of the movie, I'd rate it a 4/10.
My exact thoughts .
The ending song was the best part of this movie .
Nice to see Gotens kicking ass as SSJ3 .
I'm not hyped at all for DB Super , I wish it came 4 years earlier back then I loved DBZ .
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Have one year limit of Dragon ball been removed?

Nagato-Uzumaki13 - Nov 11, 2016

3 by Rei_III »»
May 14, 2018 4:56 AM

» Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Disgussion.

NHRoccodog - Nov 21, 2015

4 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:42 PM

» Why they did not call this "Resurrection of Frieza"?

NostalgiaDrive94 - Sep 14, 2015

6 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:40 PM

» Wrong duration given on MAL?

karlstein12 - Jan 15, 2017

2 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:37 PM

» Dragon Ball Z [Q&A]

waalex11 - Aug 10, 2015

14 by Nagato-Uzumaki13 »»
Nov 11, 2016 12:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.