Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2015 4:40 PM

Feb 2015
[center]- [color=red][WARNING] THE FOLLOWING TOPIC CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! -[/color]

[size=170]Part 1 - Plot[/size]

- To begin, let's review the plot of the movie -

[color=grey]"After The god of destruction Beerus decided to not destroy the Earth, the planet is back again in peace. But, Sorbet and Tagoma, previous Freeza's servants, decide to revive his leader using the Dragon balls. Succesful in his plan, Freeza decides to return to Earth to start his revenge against the saiyans who humillated him once."[/color] - IMDb

[size=170]Part 2 - New Formations[/size]

- Now that we have disgussed the story and plot of the -[color=blue]movie, let's talk about the new forms[/color]

Frieza gains a new form, simply referred to as "Golden Frieza". In this new form, Frieza's power level is 100 quintillion (100’000’000’000’000’000’000). This is also confirmed by Akira Toriyama during an interview, stating the following:

[color=grey]"By the way, in this movie, Golden Frieza’s power level is at one hundred quintillion (100’000’000’000’000’000’000)."[/color]

Goku also gains a new form in this movie. In the previous movie, "Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods", Goku levels up to a new amazing form. This form is called the Super Saiyan God, or simply SSG. When Goku reached this level, his power level went through the roof.

In the new "Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' movie, both Goku and Vegeta reach a much more powerful level than Super Saiyan God. This new form is called the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, or simply SSGSS. The power levels of both Goku and Vegeta are much more powerful as a SSGSS than as a SSG. The new form can be reached by first going Super Saiyan God and then leveling up to a Super Saiyan while still remaining a Super Saiyan God.

Part 3 - Ending

- Now that the plot and formations are out of the -way, let's disguss the ending.

The ending of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' is both positive and negative, depending on the viewer's opinions. In the end, Vegeta is about to kill Freiza, and it appears that he will finally have the kill. Despite Vegeta's overwhelming power, his own weakness brings him down. Frieza ends up exploding the Earth and all of its inhabitants. Fortunately, the Z-Warriors, Goku, and Bulma survive due to Weis' ability to protect them. However, Vegeta and everyone else has died. After the explosion, Weis generously offers to undo the events that have taken place. Goku was then given another chance to kill Frieza sooner. Weis uses his powers to rewind back time and send Goku and the Z-Warriors to the moment right before Frieza destroys the Earth. Goku comes in and blasts Frieza away right before the catastrophe happens again.

Like I said before, the ending of this movie is both negative and positive, depending on the person's opinion. The reason some might find it negative is because Goku stole Vegeta's kill. Now, I have to agree with that because I absolutely love Vegeta. He is no doubt my favorite character in the show, so I was a little dissapointed with the ending.

Now that we have gone over the plot of the movie, the new formations, and the ending, I'd like to hear some of your thoughts of the movie. Did you like it or do you dislike it? What are your favorite parts and least favorite parts? What are you favorite characters and least favorite characters? Let me know by commenting below.

- NHRoccodog -[/center]
NHRoccodogNov 21, 2015 4:47 PM
Jul 6, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2016
Not a fan of this movie. Maybe I'm just too old for DB. Bringing back Frieza was an awful idea, too much comic relief etc.
Nov 12, 2016 1:11 AM
Aug 2016
The movie was disappointing to say the least. Too many plot holes. Vegeta becoming SSB is just pathetic fanservice. Recycled characters. Don't even wanna get started

also this should be in episode discusison
Nov 26, 2016 5:43 PM

Jul 2016
Eh, it was alright.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2017 10:42 PM

Dec 2008
Meh go to the actual discussion page for the film. Basically the movie was fubar and the whole franchise will be consisting of fan written inspired nonsense. Long Live DBZ prior to super. T.T

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Movie 15: Fukkatsu no F Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

puvyvgbf - Jun 21, 2015

121 by Magicmist »»
Mar 25, 2:51 AM

» Have one year limit of Dragon ball been removed?

Nagato-Uzumaki13 - Nov 11, 2016

3 by Rei_III »»
May 14, 2018 4:56 AM

» Why they did not call this "Resurrection of Frieza"?

NostalgiaDrive94 - Sep 14, 2015

6 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:40 PM

» Wrong duration given on MAL?

karlstein12 - Jan 15, 2017

2 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:37 PM

» Dragon Ball Z [Q&A]

waalex11 - Aug 10, 2015

14 by Nagato-Uzumaki13 »»
Nov 11, 2016 12:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.