Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2015 8:47 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Opening with SFX = Fap.

Roadroller awesome as expected.

Just how amazing was that? DP really did give everything they had for this last episode. Also, praise to the VAs, especially to Koyasu, he was extraordinary.

While no "Get Back" it's understandable .. I really hoped for a teaser for Part 4 .. Too bad.

Got pretty emotional there nonetheless, I knew it was inevitable but still, damn. ;__; I'll miss my JoJo's fridays.
AkanezoraJun 19, 2015 12:24 PM
Jun 19, 2015 8:50 AM
Oct 2014
Holy sweet merciful HELL WAS THIS PERFECTION OR WHAT?!?!?!
Jun 19, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2012
any moment now... waiting for the teaser...
Jun 19, 2015 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Very intense fight. I loved this finale that features the battle between Jotaro and Dio. I think it captured the thrill that I had expected:

Pretty fitting way to conclude the season.

Glad to see Holly doing well too.
Jun 19, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
aww, no teaser for part 4?
Jun 19, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2012
that was unbelievable... after all the hints there really was no part 4 teaser...

DAMN IT!!!!!!!
Jun 19, 2015 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Great episode, what a journey it has been.
Jun 19, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2011
The episode pretty much couldn't have been any better. I wish they played one of the OPs at some point during the final moments of the fight, but that's a nitpick. Since they just recently played Stand Proud, I had a feeling we wouldn't be hearing it again anyway.

No teaser is really disappointing, but that's not really a knock on the episode itself. The thing that worries me even more than the lack of teaser though is that it simply said "the end", instead of "part 3 end". I could be wrong on this but I thought for part 1 and 2 it put "part 1 end" and "part 2 end".
KellhusJun 19, 2015 9:10 AM
Jun 19, 2015 9:15 AM

Dec 2009
I haven't seen it yet but when they brought Joseph back with the blood transfusion and he pretended to be DIO, did he have his regular voice or was he trying to imitate DIO's voice?
Jun 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
Jun 19, 2015 9:23 AM

Jul 2010
ninkendo said:
I haven't seen it yet but when they brought Joseph back with the blood transfusion and he pretended to be DIO, did he have his regular voice or was he trying to imitate DIO's voice?

He had Joseph's voice (Ishizuka Unshou), felt quite believable.
Jun 19, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2012
That was an amazing journey...

Thanks DP for bringing this perfect addaption! :D

[I really hope they'll announce about next part in the near future...]
Jun 19, 2015 9:33 AM

May 2014
So OVA or DP ?

I am pretty sure DP didn't try to add more scenes with High Dio since they stick too faithfully to the source material and do little to no creative freedom .

But since I didn't watch I may as well be wrong or maybe they just did those 4 chapters that good that it doesn't matter anymore.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Jun 19, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2012
Akabawi said:
So OVA or DP ?

I am pretty sure DP didn't try to add more scenes with High Dio since they stick too faithfully to the source material and do little to no creative freedom .

But since I didn't watch I may as well be wrong or maybe they just did those 4 chapters that good that it doesn't matter anymore.

DP >> OVA

OVA was great, but DP nailed it
Jun 19, 2015 9:49 AM

May 2014
TahZin said:
Akabawi said:
So OVA or DP ?

DP >> OVA

Okaay that's very cool , I thought the previous episode was miles better in the DP production anyway.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Jun 19, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2012
Akabawi said:
TahZin said:

DP >> OVA

Okaay that's very cool , I thought the previous episode was miles better in the DP production anyway.

The moment when Jotaro's eye catching up with Dio's "teleportation" was better in OVA, but other than that DP did things brilliantly. And Dio's voice was top notch in this episode
Jun 19, 2015 9:55 AM

Jul 2010
TahZin said:
Akabawi said:
So OVA or DP ?

DP >> OVA

Yeah, DP hands down.
Even though OVA had better animations most of the times. (they're OVA after all)
But it certainly felt less "JoJo" than DP's adaptation.

Kellhus said:
No teaser is really disappointing, but that's not really a knock on the episode itself. The thing that worries me even more than the lack of teaser though is that it simply said "the end", instead of "part 3 end". I could be wrong on this but I thought for part 1 and 2 it put "part 1 end" and "part 2 end".

It worries me too, I'm thinking they didn't want to give false hopes to the fans.
Or can we expect an external teaser sooner or later? Who knows.

Either way, better buy the BDs.
Jun 19, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2008
Kellhus said:
The episode pretty much couldn't have been any better. I wish they played one of the OPs at some point during the final moments of the fight, but that's a nitpick. Since they just recently played Stand Proud, I had a feeling we wouldn't be hearing it again anyway.

Yes, they did.

But I think that's because they never identified it as Part 3. At the beginning of PB and BT, they used "Part 1" and "Part 2", but here was "Stardust Crusaders". Probably because it was a season with only one part, so they didn't bother to distinguish. Or maybe they didn't want to tease at all because there's no talk about it for now.

But hey, there's still hope. And just like him said:

Jun 19, 2015 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
So much better than S1. The last remaining 8+ episodes of S2 was just so great. I really enjoyed the series despite not really being a fan of stands. However, that eventually grew on me.

Overall a great season to end this part of the series 9/10.
Jun 19, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2013
Man.... the hype...

I NEED PART IV DAMMIT!
Jun 19, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2013
Damn. It's been over a year and the ride is finally over.

That final barrage was beautiful. Been waiting forever for the road roller scene to get animated. :')

The wry was great too. I was expecting a really high pitched wry like the one in the game but I guess that's pretty tough to pull off.

I was honestly waiting for a part 4 teaser after the plane ride but nope. D:
Jun 19, 2015 10:02 AM

Mar 2013
Part IV waiting game now begins.

We already got a teaser for Part IV, it was the bow and arrow in DIO's mansion.
Jun 19, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
When he came back to life, I was like.... wait, you got to be kidding me....
That geezer knows how to pull your leg.
Man, I'm going to miss marathoning this anime. It is just TOO good.
Jun 19, 2015 10:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It's hard to believe that this is the last time that we're gonna see this gang together

This series has been an amazing adventure from start to finish and this finale was just outstanding

Let it be known that lots of manly tears has been shed this day.....9.5/10
Jun 19, 2015 10:08 AM

Jan 2009
Man, it' so sad that there is no season 4 teaser ;_; It was an amazing adaption 10/10.
Jun 19, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2011
OverkilledRed said:

When they showed Jotaro in the cell and DIO's coffin being taken out of the sea, that was going out of their way to do a teaser beyond what's depicted in Battle Tendency though. That person is probably right though, last time I checked the BDs sales weren't as good as the 2012 series but still good enough. The anime has obviously created a huge surge in popularity for the series and it would be silly to stop now.
Jun 19, 2015 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Road Roller!!! Jotaro defeating Dio with his own Za Warudo was hype :3 Dat falcon punch!

I really believed the Dio coming back in Joseph's body bit lol...What an asshole u are Joseph and that's why I love ya XD

Much better than SC's first half. 9.5/10 :D
Jun 19, 2015 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
10/10, nuff said
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jun 19, 2015 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Utterly disappointing

Stardust Crusaders is complete shit compared to the other two parts

monster of the week format wtf, Stand? Ripple was so much more clever, now we have "stands" that came out of nothing while ripple was something more logic

Last fight was shit too, like, what the fuck did Jotaro do? He stopped time too? How?

There was practically no plot is this part, just fillers

And I heard the next parts are stands too

Shit, I liked so much the 2012 anime

The only good things about this part were some 2 or 3 really good and well thought fights
Jun 19, 2015 10:12 AM

Mar 2008
MojoMako said:
Part IV waiting game now begins.

We already got a teaser for Part IV, it was the bow and arrow in DIO's mansion.

Not really. It's like saying the group photo was a teaser for Part V. They are just stuff that was added in the following parts and DP felt like using it to be more consistent.

Jun 19, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2009
Barion-Zara said:
Dat Road Roller!!! Jotaro defeating Dio with his own Za Warudo was hype :3 Dat falcon punch!

I really believed the Dio coming back in Joseph's body bit lol...What an asshole u are Joseph and that's why I love ya XD

Much better than SC's first half. 9.5/10 :D

Jun 19, 2015 10:15 AM
Jan 2012
WTF
where is the teaser.. ;-;
Jun 19, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
Barion-Zara said:

Jun 19, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2012
RODO ROLLA

Part 3 was a great fuckin adaptation by David Production. I hope they pick up part 4.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 19, 2015 10:18 AM

May 2014
Oh yeah, I forgot there wasn't a teaser in pt 3's ending but there was in part 2

STILL...
The throwing his body out into the sun n it turning to dust scene felt better in the manga. My only nitpick
but holy shit
Jun 19, 2015 10:19 AM

Jun 2014
10/10 perfect , DP gods
Jun 19, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
I need a shower...

Jotaro and those one liners.
Jun 19, 2015 10:21 AM
Aug 2011
DIO rolling all over your roads. Goodnight sweet prince.

There is definitely tedium in this installment and Jotaro is one of the worst JoJo's for me but I can't deny the overall excitement that I get from this franchise.
I think some fans know the feeling i'm talking about here. We feel it man, we feel it.

lack of part IV teaser hurts my life since that is my fav cast so far but I have faith ;~;

EuTenhoBomGosto said:
And I heard the next parts are stands too

yes they are but the creativity that goes into some of those later stands is so damn amazing and they truly outdo ripple in every single aspect
Jun 19, 2015 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
OverkilledRed said:

But I think that's because they never identified it as Part 3. At the beginning of PB and BT, they used "Part 1" and "Part 2", but here was "Stardust Crusaders". Probably because it was a season with only one part, so they didn't bother to distinguish. Or maybe they didn't want to tease at all because there's no talk about it for now.

Makes sense to end it that way since I've always viewed the first three parts and parts 4-6 as separate trilogies.

Any who, RIP Holy Diver. Your ham was not enough to defeat Clint's cool.

Jun 19, 2015 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
OVA>>This. Sorry the OVA really showed how cruel Dio was and gave the fight a more grittier feel to it. Dio was chucking buses and boats at Jotaro while Jotaro chucked a god damn building at him. Felt like they were fighting in a city and not in an empty battlefield most of the fight.

Disappointing.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2014
parfaited said:
DIO rolling all over your roads. Goodnight sweet prince.

;-;
Jun 19, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, better than I had expected. Amazing fight, and Joseph's troll at the end cracked me up.

5/5 episode

9/10 overall

TahZin said:
Akabawi said:
So OVA or DP ?

DP >> OVA

I agree. DP's adaptation is the definitive edition.
aikaflipJun 24, 2015 9:18 PM
Jun 19, 2015 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
NO PART IV TEASER

IM PESSED!

Jun 19, 2015 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
Eylandos said:
OVA>>This. Sorry the OVA really showed how cruel Dio was and gave the fight a more grittier feel to it. Dio was chucking buses and boats at Jotaro while Jotaro chucked a god damn building at him. Felt like they were fighting in a city and not in an empty battlefield most of the fight.

Disappointing.

Holy shit that's boring. And that voice acting...

Takehito Koyasu >>>>> whoever in the hell is doing Dio's voice in that clip.
Jun 19, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Part 4 is the nichibro of jojo

Part 5 is okay except some battles are confusing as well as its ending

Part 6 is the worst Jojo By Far

So DP please just do SBR and everyone will be happy

LOL OVA
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Jan 2015
aikaflip said:
Eylandos said:

Disappointing.

Holy shit that's boring. And that voice acting...

Takehito Koyasu >>>>> whoever in the hell is doing Dio's voice in that clip.

Not the point. The fight in general just felt like a final fight to me and was more rough and tumble. This fight didn't have that for me and it just felt flat.

A personal opinion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 2014
IDK the OVA has its own unique charm. It wasn't faithful to the manga but it made some points about DIO's character that weren't in the source material.
Jun 19, 2015 10:38 AM

Sep 2011
Eylandos said:

Disappointing.

I wouldn't say disappointing. This adaption was very well done.

But I do agree on one point, the OVA did add a couple of cool elements to the fight like throwing the buses and buildings.

Jan 2015
I am not saying the fight was bad, it was beautifully adapted, I just like loved how the OVA took chances and added some scenes that were filler but made it work fantastically. They might not have been as faithful to the manga but the added gore to show how bloodthirsty Dio's character was amazing, as well as the smaller exchanges between the two fighters.
Jan 2011
OVA>>>>>DP in every aspect less chara design and voice acting.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

208 by gophers-insides »»
Apr 19, 9:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

132 by fgowy »»
Apr 17, 4:02 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

137 by vizthex »»
Apr 1, 10:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Feb 20, 2015

187 by MISTERINVINCIBLE »»
Mar 16, 11:01 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

161 by Blitrapika »»
Feb 27, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.