Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 12, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2013
Woah i was not expecting the episode to be THIS good!!!
Jun 12, 2015 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
Yuta will create a new future Hell yeah!!!
Jun 12, 2015 7:13 PM
Apr 2015
So what im getting out of this is that .. is that Yuuta failed and that her ghost is going to have to make another U-turn.. And I don't under stand why Yuuta doesn't try to explain to her ghost whats happening or yet let her ghost form posses her again so that she can become the ghost again make the U-turn and know what will happen and prevent it all.
Jun 12, 2015 8:16 PM

Aug 2014
StevenHu said:
This episode was epic. I couldn't believe how quickly it ended.

Those last scenes before the ED were some of the most powerful moments of any anime from this year.

Yup. First time since the premiere I had a such a good time with Punch Line, however, this time shit's about to go down.
Jun 12, 2015 10:43 PM

Feb 2013
This show has been my most surprisingly good shows of the season....I mean.....I did not expect this to....like.....have a plot at all......
Jun 13, 2015 7:07 AM

Feb 2010
YMMS said:
WTF clock is such WTF, but you missed something. Zero is escaping from clocks.
Zero escapes exactly 3 times. ZERO ESCAPE 3 CONFIRMED
Jun 13, 2015 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Mikatan=Chiyoko is adorable.

So unpredictable, just hoping it will end with a bang. This probably would have the biggest score change from the start of the series to the end to me if it ends well enough.
Jun 13, 2015 11:08 AM
Jan 2012
I don't deal well with fake words/language at all.

No matter how much I'm into an episode of this, I always get embarrassed when characters start singing "unbeijini".
Jun 13, 2015 11:21 AM

Mar 2013
I still don't get what Qmay's real objective is... The asteroid is going to collide (or not?) with earth anyway, so why bother hacking into the system to change it's trajectory? And what good does Yuuta will have by preventing it so? ~_~ I mean it's going to collide anyway! Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something?
Jun 13, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2011
FinalFlash18 said:
I still don't get what Qmay's real objective is... The asteroid is going to collide (or not?) with earth anyway, so why bother hacking into the system to change it's trajectory? And what good does Yuuta will have by preventing it so? ~_~ I mean it's going to collide anyway! Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Qmay made the hacking the trigger so the asteroid would hit Earth. Yuuta failed stoping it because he slept through it, so now he tries to find a way to stop it.

and am I the only one bothered about Yuuta/Chiyokou's body fanservice after the rooftop scene
Jun 13, 2015 12:09 PM

Oct 2008
This is why people should not be able to rate anime until they have either seen the entire show or the entire show has finished airing. As I have argued before, lots of narrative heavy anime follow a macro narrative where the first few episodes are nothing more than an introduction. We haven't even begun talking about shows with false pretenses or have episodes that contain hidden meanings and references that only make sense after you've seen the entire show. (Higurashi, Haruhi, etc...) It's like a movie reviewer reviewing a movie based on the first five minutes.

I personally never give an anime a rating unless I finish watching it in its entirety as any impression that I will have is nothing but partial and misinformed. If I feel like I don't enjoy it, I hardly think it's a fault of the show, just personal taste, and won't fault the show for it by giving it a bad rating.
ActarJun 13, 2015 12:12 PM
Jun 13, 2015 11:46 PM

Apr 2012
So, one theory.

It's somewhat too tied on itself and has much of arguable parts, but it's just a theory.

I couldn't put the clock malfunction in it. I even can take that joke about "Zero escapes 3 times from clock" for serious. A week after last episode countdown on 4infinity.co will end. Not that i care at this time, because i have yet to play 999.
I know that my English isn't good so, please, bear with me.
Jun 14, 2015 12:28 AM

Mar 2013
daime17 said:
FinalFlash18 said:

Qmay made the hacking the trigger so the asteroid would hit Earth. Yuuta failed stoping it because he slept through it, so now he tries to find a way to stop it.

So it was not going to collide with earth anyway? I mean we could already see how politicians and experts were going on all about it on news...
Jun 14, 2015 3:14 AM

Apr 2012
Asteroid would have not hit Earth. Missiles from satellite are going to change trajectory to hit Earth.
Jun 14, 2015 5:52 AM

Apr 2011
How this could switch up such a shitty and generic looking story and notch it up this high within 10 episodes is a testament to how good the writer is. Uchikochi Koutarou, I salute you. Though, considering the fact that he did write 999, this should've been expected.
Jun 14, 2015 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
Eventually the protagonist from a move, preparing the rescue. Narrative that leads you to discover additional background information and understand what is really going on. Yuta I'm liking just like protagonist, too obvious its part, I hope that from now on will recover. Drawings and animations enough, not bad the soundtrack during the final stage of the story. This TV series has squandered much of its potential, we hope can do better in the last few episodes. The tone was dramatic, but it was not convincing on the possibility that the protagonists have to win the game, I hope to be denied.
Jun 14, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
Could someone help me out, I'm pretty confused with what's happening lol
Jun 15, 2015 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
So, people. I have a (bad) news.
As some people already knew, the game version will not be anime rip-off, but now Nakazawa said, that game will also cover perspective of

That just broke my theory i posted earlier... And another one that i didn't post... Well, i still had flawed third one, but it's the last one...

Well, now i really want to see last two episodes. How they are going to conclude anime version?
YMMSJun 15, 2015 2:01 AM
Jun 15, 2015 3:35 AM
Jul 2014
yhunata said:
How this could switch up such a shitty and generic looking story and notch it up this high within 10 episodes is a testament to how good the writer is. Uchikochi Koutarou, I salute you. Though, considering the fact that he did write 999, this should've been expected.

Yep, that's how the author rolls. In fact this storyline has a fair bit of similarity to Zero Escape 2 (jumping between bodies, time loops), and that game also started out relatively generic before making your brain explode and dribble out your ears.

This anime just has more panty shots, for no adequately explored reason.
Jun 16, 2015 1:02 AM

Aug 2013
Probably the most well done episode so far. It managed to answer questions, raise questions, and really pull all of the drama and emotion into something believable.

So the whole Muhi thing was a fluke, and W's (aka regeneration) is complete. I wonder if they'll mention how they did that.

We learned that stopping Meika from hacking the server was the turning point for the future, and Yuta failed. But we also learned that the future isn't decided solely by fate. As ghost cat and the train hinted at, the third rail, a yet unknown future is also possible.

I was kind of hoping that in the future Yuta and Mika would become W's and somehow use that power to try and stop the meteor in space. But seeing how a huge battle between Qmay and Korai house is going down next week, I doubt it.

We also see Rabura taking her panties off, which is never a bad thing.

The scene with Yuta destroying his room was done really well. That's really the kind of emotion you would expect from someone who thinks they're completely and utterly defeated. (we also got to see his actual girl body).

The rooftop scene was awesome too. Great moment between those two.

So it looks like the big battle with all of Korai house is going down next week, but the big showdown between the 3 friends and stopping the meteor will happen in the finale.

Maybe Yuta will go into space, and look at panties twice to blow up the meteor away from earth. That would be unexpected and bittersweet.

Akanezora said:
Finally a good episode, and it's probably the best one so far, the build up is pretty exciting and the drama wasn't too forced. How many episodes are left?

2. The show is 12 episodes long.
Jun 16, 2015 1:25 AM

Aug 2012
miyazawa kenji rocks!
Jun 16, 2015 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
FinalFlash18 said:

The asteroid was originally only going to pass by the Earth really close. Qmay used Meika's hack so that they could launch nukes at the asteroid...changing it's trajectory ever so slightly so now it is going to hit earth.

Guriko basically explained the gist of the plan this episode. She believes humanity is evil and toxic, and that only those who have evolved to a higher level should be worthy of living. She mentioned something about an ark, so I assume that the Qmay group (more specifically those who have evolved, aka Uberfied) plans to board a shuttle of sorts to escape the deadly blast and then live as the only beings left.

Guriko wanted Pine and Chiyoko to become W's. Perhaps that even with the "ark" it'll only be possible to survive the asteroid if you've become able to Uberfy and also have the W healing factor.
Jun 16, 2015 4:12 AM

Mar 2013
Jonesy974 said:
FinalFlash18 said:

The asteroid was originally only going to pass by the Earth really close. Qmay used Meika's hack so that they could launch nukes at the asteroid...changing it's trajectory ever so slightly so now it is going to hit earth.

Guriko basically explained the gist of the plan this episode. She believes humanity is evil and toxic, and that only those who have evolved to a higher level should be worthy of living. She mentioned something about an ark, so I assume that the Qmay group (more specifically those who have evolved, aka Uberfied) plans to board a shuttle of sorts to escape the deadly blast and then live as the only beings left.

Guriko wanted Pine and Chiyoko to become W's. Perhaps that even with the "ark" it'll only be possible to survive the asteroid if you've become able to Uberfy and also have the W healing factor.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification :D
Jun 16, 2015 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
When it seems like when everything is in total despair and you've lost all hope in changing the history, the only thing that matters is the support of your dorm mates and of course you believe in yourself...what the heck am I saying?
Yuuta begins to lost all hope and all seems in despair, but remembering every good moments with the girl turns-out the motivation to still go on and fight for what you believe in...what the friggin' hell am I saying again??!?
I wonder what gameplan Yuuta has on next episode...Meika better be useful with her hacking skills!
btw...Chiranosuke is just like Kyuubei.
5/5.
matias067Jun 16, 2015 10:22 PM

Jun 17, 2015 8:40 AM

Jul 2010
Such a complex series, but it's getting better.
Jun 17, 2015 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
This was a grade A episode, but it still doesn't make me like the show because of all the fan service, tacky humor, and clumsy, convoluted storytelling in earlier episodes. In the end, I don't find neither the story nor the characters to be compelling.

Still, I'm rooting for this series. Hope the rest is just as good as this.
Jun 17, 2015 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
I find it to be clever as I was looking for Punchline the anime, I found Punchline the word definition, and it most certainly fits what the anime's been doing with its fan service and humor.

I still think W, or double yuu as someone else previously discovered will come into play in these last few episodes as they put two yuu's of different sides in the OP. Or the two yuus could just signify his physical body trying to fix everything and the ghost half trying to fix things.

Also, OP has too many hidden things for me to process @_@
Jun 19, 2015 5:50 AM

Jul 2012
I'm probably gonna end up rating this a 7 by the time it's done
I actually had it at a 4 for the first few episodes, wow. I'm pretty surprised with how this turned out.
Thanks, MAPPA.
Jun 21, 2015 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was very solid, Yuuta was thinking about the end and he found apparently he found THE solution. This episode was very interesting with a lot of feels. The last part was wonderful, best hug of the season (maybe the only one).
Jun 23, 2015 8:50 AM

Mar 2014
Show's getting better and better
Jun 28, 2015 2:04 AM

Dec 2012
Based MAPPA, turning an ecchi into a full blown Hollywood drama. I was wrong to ever doubt you.

Jorjz said:
Seong Ho Park (the guy who animated the sword fight in Garo 18) is handling next week's episode.
If that's true, my body will never be ready.
Jun 28, 2015 7:00 PM

May 2012
Things are going to get down next! Really interesting to see this kind of development! Let's see what happens next!
Jul 26, 2015 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
YAAAS. Best episode BY FAR.

So glad I didn't drop this...
Aug 2, 2015 5:11 AM

Jun 2015
Awesome, this anime has been getting better and better since chapter 4, now is a 9 or maybe 10 anime, Epic, go Pine you can save the world i trush you!!
Apr 10, 2016 7:47 PM

Jan 2013
I just can't believe that this show has gotten better and better the further we get into it.
Literally had no hope after episode 2 for the anime but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Probably one of the most underrated anime on MAL.
Jun 19, 2016 2:09 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Last episode during the Yuta vs Guriko scene, I said Yuta should have went back to the house to tell Meika whats up before he lost consciousness, but he decided to fight Guriko instead, which led to this. Now it;ll be interesting to see what he does now to change things.

DAT YUTA/MIKATAN HUG!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 16, 2016 6:14 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like they're gonna try to hack in an reroute the nuclear missiles maybe?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2015

267 by Ronninn »»
Apr 3, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2015

120 by Desaturate »»
Feb 17, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

205 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

96 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 27, 2022 10:29 PM

» Does anybody else think the Nandala Gandala is the equivalent to the Kama Sutra?

TokyoSanchez - Apr 17, 2015

6 by Rnonsenseguy »»
Jun 3, 2022 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.