Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 9, 2015 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
frequency15k said:

well im not here judging the vn now am i? no im judging the anime which is doing an extremely shitty job with execution and pretty much everything....

and i watch anime looking for works of art such as aria or tatami galaxy, which arent bad... and if you want to know why i dont drop stuff, its cause theres some hope in the back of my mind it will get better, or at the very least give me something ive never seen before

and i like how no ones actually given a reason why this show is "good," all im getting is "dont hate just cause its unrealistic wowowow its not 100% realistic??? wow y do u even like animu wowoww?"

I don't personally think its been shitty given they are taking 50 hours of concent and have been forced to make it work in 5. Unless you can be 100% sure of a large audiance, capitalism/consumerism has more or less killed off any large series show. Though with the money S1 made, and the trillogy coming to the west, Frontwing could have, and should have pushed for this being at least 23-26 eps. Why they didn't do this, I don't know.

And there is no need to be an ass like you are in the 2nd half.

I can't speak for others. But I don't watch anime for "Art" alone as it vairies wildly and is subjective from person to person, some people think TTGL is the best thing ever. I think its shit.

For me though I will say aesthetics plays a role. But the general story and how interesting the charaters are all around also plays a factor. The right mix of humor, romance, etc. So long as that isn't scarificed, and I can go "oh het I remember this!" knowing it will be chopped up some will be part of it, I can live with it. If this was a full on abridge where something was 180 spun, I would have problems with it. Also while not top quality it still saddly beats my other major medium of story telling as of late, that being video games, hands down in recent years.

I like because enough of the factors add up for me, so that is an enjoyable watch. On its own its nothing, it also plays into some bit as bias as I like the VN's. And I look forward to S3. And I suspect most people who do watch this also know of or play the VN's making it more of a nichie title.

I could make a list of why, but frankly if you don't like it, I'm not here to change your mind. I don't do reviews or marketing for free.
RedArmyShogunJun 9, 2015 3:15 PM
Jun 9, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
Well Rakuen is just really really dumb. You gotta turn your brain off to enjoy it. It's kinda like Ninja Slayer, it's fun but if you're looking for depth you're not really going to find it here or enjoy the series for that matter.

I do think the shift from Meikyuu to Rakuen was very very bad both in the anime and in the visual novels in terms of how dark one is compared to the other, but eh I guess that's just how the author wanted to roll.

As for this episode, I enjoyed this far more than the VN. Great directing and pacing all around.
Jun 9, 2015 3:26 PM

May 2012
RedArmyShogun said:
frequency15k said:

well im not here judging the vn now am i? no im judging the anime which is doing an extremely shitty job with execution and pretty much everything....

and i watch anime looking for works of art such as aria or tatami galaxy, which arent bad... and if you want to know why i dont drop stuff, its cause theres some hope in the back of my mind it will get better, or at the very least give me something ive never seen before

and i like how no ones actually given a reason why this show is "good," all im getting is "dont hate just cause its unrealistic wowowow its not 100% realistic??? wow y do u even like animu wowoww?"

I don't personally think its been shitty given they are taking 50 hours of concent and have been forced to make it work in 5. Unless you can be 100% sure of a large audiance, capitalism/consumerism has more or less killed off any large series show. Though with the money S1 made, and the trillogy coming to the west, Frontwing could have, and should have pushed for this being at least 23-26 eps. Why they didn't do this, I don't know.

And there is no need to be an ass like you are in the 2nd half.

I can't speak for others. But I don't watch anime for "Art" alone as it vairies wildly and is subjective from person to person, some people think TTGL is the best thing ever. I think its shit.

For me though I will say aesthetics plays a role. But the general story and how interesting the charaters are all around also plays a factor. The right mix of humor, romance, etc. So long as that isn't scarificed, and I can go "oh het I remember this!" knowing it will be chopped up some will be part of it, I can live with it. If this was a full on abridge where something was 180 spun, I would have problems with it. Also while not top quality it still saddly beats my other major medium of story telling as of late, that being video games, hands down in recent years.

I like because enough of the factors add up for me, so that is an enjoyable watch. On its own its nothing, it also plays into some bit as bias as I like the VN's. And I look forward to S3. And I suspect most people who do watch this also know of or play the VN's making it more of a nichie title.

I could make a list of why, but frankly if you don't like it, I'm not here to change your mind. I don't do reviews or marketing for free.

well you appear to be praising this show because you like the vn, while im judging it as a stand alone. and when i say work of art, i mean art, animation, sound, story, development, and entertainment... obviously....

and im not being an ass, im criticizing this show for what it is, shit. and like ive said previously, the characters in this show are quite bland as there tropes have been done before and done better, the development of each character is quite lacking and forgettable, like i said, aside from maybe michiru and info dump yuuji... and the romance is practically non existent for a romance anime...

and the reason people like TTGL is because the characters are actually developed and not flat, you can actually grow attached to them and the story isnt boring and half beaten to death... unlike many others
Jun 9, 2015 3:40 PM

Aug 2008

well you appear to be praising this show because you like the vn, while im judging it as a stand alone. and when i say work of art, i mean art, animation, sound, story, development, and entertainment... obviously....

and im not being an ass, im criticizing this show for what it is, shit. and like ive said previously, the characters in this show are quite bland as there tropes have been done before and done better, the development of each character is quite lacking and forgettable, like i said, aside from maybe michiru and info dump yuuji... and the romance is practically non existent for a romance anime...

and the reason people like TTGL is because the characters are actually developed and not flat, you can actually grow attached to them and the story isnt boring and half beaten to death... unlike many others

Yeah this just isn't the kind of show for you. Grisaia is more built on being silly and wish fulfillment oriented more than anything else. People like how the heroines interact and an overly badass main characters mainly is why people like this show.

Is it good? No not really. But like I said above, it's just suppose to be a turn your brain off kinda fun show. There was development in the original kajitsu visual novel, but the anime doesn't have any worthwhile development you are correct. Though I don't think people here really care as long as they see a bunch of quirky females being silly but also competent.
Jun 9, 2015 3:44 PM

May 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Yeah this just isn't the kind of show for you. Grisaia is more built on being silly and wish fulfillment oriented more than anything else. People like how the heroines interact and an overly badass main characters mainly is why people like this show.

Is it good? No not really. But like I said above, it's just suppose to be a turn your brain off kinda fun show. There was development in the original kajitsu visual novel, but the anime doesn't have any worthwhile development you are correct. Though I don't think people here really care as long as they see a bunch of quirky females being silly but also competent.

ok, gotcha, its SAO syndrome

and a harem can be good and have development and interesting characters, this one does not though, but whatever i guess
Jun 9, 2015 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
frequency15k said:
hyperknees91 said:

and a harem can be good and have development and interesting characters, this one does not though, but whatever i guess

Exactly, now you're getting it.

And yes indeed. Hence why I'm saying you're correct that Grisaia is not very good. I think the reason the ratings are decent if you were wondering is probably because most of the people who didn't like the first season already dropped the show and are not here to rate it lower. While the people who liked the first season ok stayed and this one is much better, and therefore is rewarded with a higher rating.
Jun 9, 2015 3:56 PM

May 2012
hyperknees91 said:
frequency15k said:

Exactly, now you're getting it.

And yes indeed. Hence why I'm saying you're correct that Grisaia is not very good. I think the reason the ratings are decent if you were wondering is probably because most of the people who didn't like the first season already dropped the show and are not here to rate it lower. While the people who liked the first season ok stayed and this one is much better, and therefore is rewarded with a higher rating.

ya, i kinda figured the same thing as far as the rating goes, but even then 8.3 is kinda misleading lol
Jun 9, 2015 4:02 PM

Aug 2008

ya, i kinda figured the same thing as far as the rating goes, but even then 8.3 is kinda misleading lol

If it attracts more viewers (because there really isn't many people watching this show), then you can expect the shows ratings to drop like crazy. It's kinda like how SAO 2 initially had a higher rating then the first season, but then dropped to even lower.
Jun 9, 2015 7:16 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nice episode for me to watch. Since anime is fantasy to me, it was all just fine. My favorite character of the episode is Crappy Maid. I like that nickname...reminds me of the things I was called at work. LOL
Jun 9, 2015 9:32 PM

May 2013
Now that was awesome. Full of surprises even.
Makina with her pink rifle was cute. Sachi being a badass assassin trying to recover Yuuji. Amane being an awesome driver. Yumiko gathering info about their whereabouts. And Michiru just being Michiru. LOL!
Kazuki! I can't wait for her to meet the other girls in Yuuji's harem personally. :D
Jun 10, 2015 1:46 AM

Aug 2013
Badass episode.

Millie! You slu- ...... oh wait. MILLIE YOU ROCK!!

Kazuki getting her body back was kind of underwhelming. Thought it was going to be this intense process were part of her was transferred and her body was like permanently damaged etc. Just like nope, plug the computer data into her body and she'll wake up totally normal and JB will pick her up lol.

Really liked that ending though. Ever since Amane heard her voice I've been waiting for them to reunite in person. I was waiting for the tears and I got them. I kind of hope they continue that emotional reunion more next episode, but I doubt it.

I also kind of want to see Yuuji see her in the flesh for the first time again and start crying too.

Now time to kill Oslo and Kazuki color pallet Yuuji.

Imeon said:
Yuuji's Harem is not just a bunch of useless girls after all. He got

1. Strategist Loli elder sister
2. Coordinator Normal
3. Rifle Loli
4. Tsundere
5. Maid Assassin
6. MILF
7. Ex Military Lover
8. Dead Trainer/ Lover

He got 1 girl for everyday of a week.

Bad list.

- Yumiko is kuudere.
- Totally forgot about Amane
- JB is not a fucking MILF! DOES ANYBODY EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THAT FUCKING TERM ANYMORE?!
Jun 10, 2015 5:12 AM

Feb 2012
I wasn't expecting Thanatos to still have a physical body. Good thing they preserved it. Exciting episode! Can't wait for the reunion next episode.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 10, 2015 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, lots of unexpected things happened. I don't know how they survived landing on that ship and decelerating so quickly.
Jun 10, 2015 9:42 PM

Oct 2011
Everyone was EPIC

Dat sniping

Dat battle maid

Dat driving

Michiru XD

Yumiko + Thanatos

She's back YAY!!!!!!!!
Jun 10, 2015 10:05 PM
Nov 2013
Sachi.
Jun 11, 2015 2:14 PM
Feb 2015
The plan has began and everyone is gonna go save yuuji. I didn't expect the Millie to show up again. What a tease :P
The girls managed to save yuuji, but his sister still has her body!!! What?!? So basicly she is still alive... Holy crap.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 11, 2015 11:42 PM
Jun 2015
OMG best episode ever. Specially loveed the soundtrack from 6:18-6:40. How i wish. Could have that on my phone 😍😍
Jun 12, 2015 2:39 AM

Oct 2010
This show is god tier. Love this series. Cute characters, somewhat decent OST, interesting story and last but not least, pantsu shots.

P.S, if he doesn't bang his sister in one of these last episodes, I will flip shit.
Jun 12, 2015 9:14 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode.

Kazuki <3
Jun 13, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2014
Great episode!
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Jun 13, 2015 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
Oh snap, that robot hand. All the possibilities ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm glad she's fine. Imagine if she couldn't have ever tasted her brother again D:

Oh god, Millie, what are you doing. Pls staph. Nah, just kidding, it's ok, he didn't touch.

That truck scene was so stupid, yet oddly satisfying. Landing that truck without killing anyone, bravo!
The sacrifice of Tuna-man will not be forgotten T.T7
Sachi was awesome too. Throwing bombs and shit, gotta love the kusomeido.

I'm guessing there will soon be a Yuuji/albinos Yuuji confrontation. What the point of having two Yuuji if not?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 14, 2015 6:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
They so pulled a page out of 2 Fast 2 Furious lol
Truck using NOS then flies in mid air and lands on the boat. Then out of nowhere, a huge wave forms, turns out it's a bugger ship with the returning Kazuki, aka Thanatos. Amane's eyes tearing up, guess next episode is going to be a joyful/tearful one for Amane.

So in the meantime the girls have 4 hours to remove Yuuji's bomb or else it explodes and leaves radiation behind. Yikes, and they also have to make sure his body doesn't have any lowering in heart beat I think.

Honestly, I thought the girls were done for when the helicopter came. Then Millie shows up and goes boss mode, same with Jimmy. "We here for you Luigi"

This harem isn't your typical boy saves girls mushy stuff. It's actually the opposite, the girls save their man.

You have the stealthy silent "Crappy Maid" killing in such a cold way. You never know when she'll strike. Then you have Makina and her skills that Papa made her learn. There's Amane the b****(Codename), who drives like a boss, never once lost control of the truck. Michiru, what does she do again? Lastly, Yumikos, the monitoring girl. Gotta love these girls, don't mess with them because they will track you down and they will finish you.

Jun 16, 2015 1:29 AM

Apr 2014
WTH just happened, I want that bongo, and now adrenalin failure
Jun 16, 2015 10:16 AM
Dec 2014
sanlei said:
Open Fire <3

Goodish adaption of Rakuen, i lost my tears for tunafish man again! We hardly knew ya thanks to the worst possible adaption of Kajitsu ;-;

Lol sure...-_-
Jun 18, 2015 8:27 AM

Oct 2008
What an episode!!! I'm speechless!!!
10/5!!!

Jun 21, 2015 5:00 PM

Feb 2013
I love it when a plan comes together. Really fun episode. They have to find a way to deal with that bomb though.

Was that an Eva-sniper zoom I saw?
Jul 2, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
It's the best episode of Rakuen, but where Sachi got such incredible close combat skills?
Jul 11, 2015 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
Epic action-pack episode! And Kazuki's appearance was just perfect! 10/10
Jul 14, 2015 10:58 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending gave tears in my eyes :3 just great development! I do wonder how they'll get that bomb off his wrists but to actually know that Kazuki's body is still in tact and that she's living is just wonderful! Well let's see what happens next.
Jul 19, 2015 1:41 AM

Apr 2010
Abit confused on how Kazuki can easily move and walk you'd think her muscles would be atrophied being in that tank for such a long period of time. Then again maybe something in the tank somehow simulated her muscles to prevent atrophy.
Aug 22, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2010
I am speechless... All I can say is that overall, Yuuji probably has the most badass harem out there. Seriously, every girl was awesome there and had a purpose in rescuing Yuuji.

Tbh this episode had its faults. Some stupid stuff. Thank God, someone mentioned in the earlier episodes that Rakuen is a series which you should watch while turning your brain switch off. That, I did and had fun watching it. Loved Millie and JB too. Every girl was awesome.

My favorite was probably assassin Sachi, as that caught me off-guard. But driver Amane and sniper Makina were really cool, too.
Aug 26, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was freaking great to watch (and at least Yuuji has been rescued).
Nov 22, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2009
zxrdm said:
Best episode so far, 5/5.

you mean best episode of the whole grisaia franchise

i am utterly moved and hyped by this ep, can't ask for more

all my money for kazuki! My wish was granted! HELL YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!
Dec 29, 2015 9:26 PM

May 2013
Damn This Episode made me really happy
Dec 31, 2015 9:03 PM

May 2009
So much wrong and stupidity in many ways in this episode. And despite all of those, I still really enjoyed it. Epicness and badassery. Like Sachi and her one-liner, and so on. Great episode.
Jan 3, 2016 12:07 AM

Dec 2012
HOLY SHIT! GREAT FUCKING EPISODE!

Makina sniper pantsu badassery. Sachi top meido rescue badassery. Best girl getaway driving badassery.

And here I thought Millie was being a slut during that bathroom scene, but then... Was wondering how the girl were going to react to Millie.

Holy crap! Robbie the immortal/imouto is back like a BOSS!

My waifu JB getting Kazuki out of there with her body intact.

Aint no damn way that truck just stopped on top of the boat like that, but anime.

Superior Kazuki makes her badass reappearance on the ship.

All the girls are coming together.
RobJan 3, 2016 12:20 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 17, 2016 10:31 AM
Jan 2016
Hi there, Do anyone of you, know the OST at 6:27 from this ep ?
( the 6:27 is taken from this one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzU8-eySDts )

I searched for 2 days without results....

Jan 17, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2009
Urang said:
Hi there, Do anyone of you, know the OST at 6:27 from this ep ?
( the 6:27 is taken from this one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzU8-eySDts )

I searched for 2 days without results....

Ok i'm officially stumped, i know i've heard that song in the ost's before, but i can't for the life of me find the name, hopefully someone with more knowledge about the ost's can help you, best of luck.
TatsuyaJan 17, 2016 1:27 PM
Jan 17, 2016 1:50 PM
Jan 2016
Well thank you for having sought !
It's strange because the first 2 sec looks like the beginning of dancing bullet, but the rest isn't the same.... T-T
I'll hope that someone find it :c. I'll continue to search during the meantime...
Jan 22, 2016 10:18 PM

Dec 2013
That was a badass episode but could someone please tell me who that guy that handed Michiru her package and asked her to say hello to Kazami
Feb 24, 2016 10:01 PM

May 2014
But, I thought it was a brain... I thought the car was going to have a parachute or something, but it turned out to be a modded acceleration for the car engine.

Scenes were cheesy at times, but overall, I'm glad the plot is coming together. Plot trumps all folks.
May 21, 2016 2:20 AM

Jul 2013
James Bond episode. I'm impressed.
Jun 23, 2016 2:43 AM
Apr 2013
They finally found Kazuki. Somewhat interesting that she's still capable of moving normally after so many years of being in a chamber full of fluids.

The whole cast, Jesus. They're a bunch of special ones. MAKINA FIRING A GUN, AMANE'S 11/10 DRIVING, MICHIRU'S MONEY MAKING, YUMIKO'S BRAINS, AND SACHI'S EXPLOSIONS + COMBAT MAIDNESS, ASDHODASH THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL. CAN'T FORGET ABOUT KAZUKI, MILLIE, JB, AND ROBERT THOUGH.

The teamwork was beautiful. Yuuji's saved for now. Gotta get the bomb off though.

Loving the second season so far, the continuation with the main story is action packed and interesting as hell. It's like a Michael Bay movie.

11/10. LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
Aug 10, 2016 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
The action was Migoto!

That panchira of Makina when she fire the rifle :=

maid wearing gas mask is bad ass!

Kyaaahhh ♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪
Millie-san!!! I missed you!

Dat entrance of Kazuki at the end was magnificent!

Yuuji, you better give your all harem a nice sex (^_−)−☆

4.6/5
Aug 25, 2016 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
Okay... why does this all make no sense at all? Stuff just happens...
Why is Sachi a combat expert?
How is JB able to rescue his sister when she's supposed to be confined? She can just walk into the Thanatos control room and drive away with her car wtf?
And where do they get a submarine from? What is this???
Nov 30, 2016 8:20 AM
Nov 2010
OrangeJP said:

That must hurt

Lold at that part.
Feb 25, 2017 1:54 PM
Oct 2013
I love Sachi in this episode. That rush, that stance and that look as if she's looking on a pig is so good.

I'm not really surprised she's highly proficient in close combat for reasons:
1) She kept appearing everywhere;
2) She can finish a bush dog bag in 20 minutes. Even Yuuji said "it's too damn fast". Damn she manage to add 10 different barking sound effects.

Conclusion: Sachi is a monster in maid uniform.

I bet she can fight toe to toe in CQC against Yuuji.
ExplodingGirlFeb 25, 2017 2:06 PM
Apr 2, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2016
Great episode, Millie tricked that pilot really well, Makina's roll was sure important but not as cool as piece of shit Maid ( Sachi) and Amane aka Bitch lol sure knows how to drive, Kazuki came back in her small body nice entrance.
Jul 3, 2017 5:17 PM

Apr 2017
When did these school girls turn into super-soldiers? I must have missed something...
Apr 26, 2018 2:47 AM
Feb 2018
WOW.

Haha that was a good operation. The car flying and landing on the ship remnded me of a Fast n Furious movie.

And best girl is back!!!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

aconite - Jun 21, 2015

249 by CorayyAnime »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

110 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:21 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

75 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:27 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

103 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

119 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 15, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.